Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10351 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

From what i'm reading, the Unreal Complete pack current deal isn't that great of a deal. I'm really wanting to get it, i'm hoping it'll be 75% for the Winter Sale.

I bought the complete pack for 75% off during the summer sale. So I'd say that is highly likely that it will reach that price during the coming summer sale. Might only be a one daily deal (or a flash sale), but it'll hit that price again. So unless you're absolutely dying to play it now, I say hold off for a few weeks.

Civ 5 Gold is coming to steam. And I just bought GOTY + G+K too x.x
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16839

Excuse me as I have a chuckle at your expense.

lol

OK, now that that's out of the way, is this it for Civ 5? Are there any more DLC planed? Am I gonna be hearing about a Platinum edition a year from now? Or can I now safely buy Civ 5?

#10352 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

You can never safely buy Civ 5 until Civ 6 comes out. You know this.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10353 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

I thought Diablo 3 was pretty good, as well.
I just am NOT a fan of the "always online DRM", when I was easily able to GO SOLO the entire game no problem.
Granted, it is quite fun, when playing w/ others online.

Eh, I loved Max Payne 3. Just finished the SP portion last night.
I thought Mass Effect 3 was great, except for the last 5-10 minutes (the end stuff), more or less.

I think out of the 40 or so hours I played Diablo 3, I probably only enjoyed about 2 hours worth; the majority of that was playing through Insanity with 2-3 friends, woefully underequipped. We did manage to defeat Diablo but it took 45 minutes! (thank goodness for no enrage timer on the big D)

I wanted to like MP3; I generally am a big fan of Rockstar games (esp RDR and Bully but even commonly maligned games like GTA4 and LA Noire). I'm not sure why I was so disappointed by it, but perhaps its linearity (and unrelatable protagonist) turned me off from the "story" crammed down my throat.

I loved ME3 quite a bit, though not as much as ME2. The multiplayer was quite fun with friends, but I eventually grew to despise the IAP roulette wheel of doom due to its uneven and random progression system. The game itself was great, though there were many changes from the previous two games that I thought were questionable (especially the "readiness meter" and the fact it made hardly any impact on the ending). The ending... well this horse has been beaten quite enough, so I won't get into it.

When I say my biggest disappointment this year is D3, it's not because it's a bad game. My biggest disappointment last year was Heavy Rain (with DA2 closely behind), though neither were bad games. They just completely failed to live up to the hype and/or personal expectations.
Posted Image

#10354 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

You can never safely buy Civ 5 until Civ 6 comes out. You know this.

ha ha, you're right. If I buy the Gold edition, somebody will be having a laugh at my expense a year from now.

#10355 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

THQ hate? GET OUT!

Relic alone is worth it. Dawn of War, Company of Heroes. Saints Row the Third was my game of the year. Metro 2033 is amazing and atmospheric ( I still have that whistling stuck in my head).

They totally put the wrong Red Faction up, but oh well.

THQ is boss, I love them. Have for a long time, they make or publish some of my fave games. If they went under, I'd be super bummed out. My only hope would be that Voliaition and Relic would get picked up. My fear is that EA or Activision would do just that.
Posted Image

#10356 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

I only bought the extra civilizations/wonders DLC. The maps and scenarios would never get used by me anyway since I always just play a straight game on a random map.

#10357 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I bought the complete pack for 75% off during the summer sale. So I'd say that is highly likely that it will reach that price during the coming summer sale. Might only be a one daily deal (or a flash sale), but it'll hit that price again. So unless you're absolutely dying to play it now, I say hold off for a few weeks.

You talked me off of the ledge.....for now :)

I won't be playing it immediately, especially since I just got my Microsoft store Skyrim today!

#10358 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

THQ hate? GET OUT!

RollingSkull hates everything. There's one on every forum :D

#10359 The Assembler

The Assembler

From what i'm reading, the Unreal Complete pack current deal isn't that great of a deal. I'm really wanting to get it, i'm hoping it'll be 75% for the Winter Sale.

You're right in that it has been $9.99 before, but it's not like $13 is a bad deal either. I'd still say it's easily worth that, it's just potentially worth waiting for if you're not in a rush to play them since the winter sale is a month away.

#10360 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

ha ha, you're right. If I buy the Gold edition, somebody will be having a laugh at my expense a year from now.

Damn it! And I had just got my calender out to mark the occasion too.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10361 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

RollingSkull hates everything. There's one on every forum :D

I can't be a Blizzard fanboy anymore since they crapped on my hopes and dreams with Diablo III.

THQ is all I got left of my child like (teenage...) innocence of loving a singular game company way too much.

And then they are on the brink of dying... NO!
Posted Image

#10362 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I only bought the extra civilizations/wonders DLC. The maps and scenarios would never get used by me anyway since I always just play a straight game on a random map.

A lot of people sleep on the Explorer's Map Pack. If you like playing on random, scripted maps then this is the DLC for you.

MARS

#10363 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I can't be a Blizzard fanboy anymore since they crapped on my hopes and dreams with Diablo III.

THQ is all I got left of my child like (teenage...) innocence of loving a singular game company way too much.

And then they are on the brink of dying... NO!

Uhm.

Valve, perhaps?

#10364 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Uhm.

Valve, perhaps?

Valve makes games? ;)

#10365 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

The only good thing about Diablo 3 was I was able to make $2000+ on the RMAH. In all other aspects IMO it's a failure and Torchlight 2 in general is just a really fun game and better in every aspect.

#10366 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Valve makes games? ;)

This. :booty:

Until my Half Life is finished, no fanboy levels of love.

Stupid TF2 and DOTA 2 and Portal 2...
Posted Image

#10367 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

The only good thing about Diablo 3 was I was able to make $2000+ on the RMAH.

Posted Image

MARS

#10368 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

The only good thing about Diablo 3 was I was able to make $2000+ on the RMAH.

Wiggida-what?!

#10369 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Valve makes games? ;)

No, they make hats. Glorious hats.

#10370 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

The only good thing about Diablo 3 was I was able to make $2000+ on the RMAH. In all other aspects IMO it's a failure and Torchlight 2 in general is just a really fun game and better in every aspect.

It makes sense. You just have to look at the evidence. >.>

I played it quite a bit when it first came out, but found the ONLINE ONLY to really be a turn-off. Even though I was playing single player, and have the battle.net mobile authenticator program, someone was still able to sign in to my account and empty my character of both gold and loot every 3 or 4 days. After about 2 weeks of that, I gave up on the game, called the $60 a loss, and moved on.

#10371 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm know it's been discussed, but is the GoTY SR3 worth it, or should I get the standard edition to drop to a reasonable price. I skipped over all the SR3 DLC talk in the summer sale, because it was out of my price range at that point.

My main concern is I've seen a screen shot of people attacking others with huge purple dildos and I need to know if that is in the standard edition or what DLC I need to get to enjoy that sort of gaming.
Posted Image

#10372 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Damn. And here I thought I was hot shit when I got $40 for selling some virtual plants in Ultima Online in 2000.

I'm know it's been discussed, but is the GoTY SR3 worth it, or should I get the standard edition to drop to a reasonable price. I skipped over all the SR3 DLC talk in the summer sale, because it was out of my price range at that point.

My main concern is I've seen a screen shot of people attacking others with huge purple dildos and I need to know if that is in the standard edition or what DLC I need to get to enjoy that sort of gaming.

http://www.cheapassg...hp?u=315772.jpg

#10373 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

The dildo weapon is just in the game. So you don't need any dlc for that.

#10374 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

The dildos can currently be had for the beat the average price of $5.69

#10375 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

The Penetrator!

#10376 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Yeah but no sensible person can attack someone with a purple dildo without wearing their pimp suit!

#10377 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Thank you, a simple answer to a simple question. Plus, I'm sure that there were a few other CAGS that were dying to know the answer to that question.
Posted Image

#10378 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

simple question.

No question involving purple dildos is ever simple.

#10379 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Shoite, maybe I should pick a different CAG topic to frequent.

Then again, I'd have to change digital download services, wouldn't I? Dang it.

#10380 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

There's always Origin!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus