Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10381 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

MP3 got the shooting right generally but it fumbled with an awful story and cutscenes destroyed the pacing, unskippable ruining the replay.

Rockstar doesn't write half as good as they think they do.

#10382 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Ordered parts for my new pc build today. Hard drive failed, so why not build a whole new pc, right? Of course the hdd fails and I decide this after all the deals from black friday/cyber monday.

#10383 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Endless Space is #48 on the Top Sellers list. I guess I'm not the only one who balked at that price.

MARS

#10384 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Ordered parts for my new pc build today. Hard drive failed, so why not build a whole new pc, right? Of course the hdd fails and I decide this after all the deals from black friday/cyber monday.

I did the same thing almost... This PC wont play this game on EXTREME 60fps. guess im going to build a whole new PC.
Posted Image

#10385 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

You have time to argue about the thread title though. With all the time you spend complaining you could be updating OP's that nobody reads.

I wasn't arguing, I was asking a legitimate question, then responding to being lynched. The responses took 30 seconds so your point is moot. Seriously, if there are no deals posted, why is this in the deals thread? Is it just cuz someone stopped updating it, and conversations continued? No need to be so hostile, for real.

#10386 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm telling you if you can look at one website you can look at another. You say it as if it takes more than 10-30 seconds of your time (which I suspect isn't that valuable).

Golden. In a fraction of the time this guy has already spent here arguing he could have found out the deals.

No, I couldn't have. I can't visit Steam site, or run the App from the network I look at CAG from. Thanks for trying to be a punk, though.

#10387 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

MP3 got the shooting right generally but it fumbled with an awful story and cutscenes destroyed the pacing, unskippable ruining the replay.

Rockstar doesn't write half as good as they think they do.

The cutscenes were videos hiding the loading. I believe they became skippable when the load finished, at least on the PS3 where I played it. I may be remembering it wrong though.

#10388 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

A lot of people are very happy with this thread. You aren't one of them. Instead of trying to impose your will on a bunch of people who are content with the status quo, why don't you create a thread that meets your needs?

You made your point the first time, and it was soundly rejected. Your continued tantrum is verging on trolling.

I responded to each post as I scrolled down & read them. I have a right to respond to the juvenile mob mentality to attack someone for raising a legit issue. Sorry if you are part of the 'mob' and don't want to answer the question, which is apparent by ignoring the attacks on me for asking a question. I didn't respond to every post in a single post because I hadn't seen them yet & they needed seperate responses, even though they were all in the same hollow mindset to 'attack'.

#10389 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Thank God for ignore.

#10390 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

I responded to each post as I scrolled down & read them. I have a right to respond to the juvenile mob mentality to attack someone for raising a legit issue. Sorry if you are part of the 'mob' and don't want to answer the question, which is apparent by ignoring the attacks on me for asking a question. I didn't respond to every post in a single post because I hadn't seen them yet & they needed seperate responses, even though they were all in the same hollow mindset to 'attack'.

If you think there are no deals in this thread and it doesn't belong in this forum the proper procedure is to use the "Report this post" button in the OP to make mods aware. Not to sit here and complain endlessly.

So if you really feel this doesn't belong in this forum, please report it. After the mods are done laughing and the thread remains you will have a definitive answer and can move on.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10391 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

For Christ's sake, your question was answered. The op is a wiki. It get's updated by the CAG community. Sometimes it get updated frequently, other times it can go a good while between updates.

We do not avoid updating it simply to spite you. If it hasn't been updated in a while, it's simply because nobody (including you) has taken the time to update the OP.

#10392 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

I found an error in your post. You meant "its" at the boldfaced part. Please accept the responsibility for going back and editing your post so I don't have to nerd rage at you in front of the entire thread every time I look at it hoping for correct grammar.

Wouldn't the apostrophe show ownership? It wasn't meant to be "it is". If I would have worded it "this thread's purpose", would that be better?

#10393 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Wouldn't the apostrophe show ownership? It wasn't meant to be "it is". If I would have worded it "this thread's purpose", would that be better?

Bob's
http://cdnroot.cheap...28716??????????

Spoiler

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10394 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

If you think there are no deals in this thread and it doesn't belong in this forum the proper procedure is to use the "Report this post" button in the OP to make mods aware. Not to sit here and complain endlessly.

So if you really feel this doesn't belong in this forum, please report it. After the mods are done laughing and the thread remains you will have a definitive answer and can move on.

I asked a question, and when I came to see the answer (hoping to see, "it will be updated soon," or something similar), I was attacked. Therefore, I proceeded to defend my reason for asking the question. I have no intention of ruining a thread that others enjoy. I'm not that type of person, but i also don't sit back & take fire just because people were butthurt over a legit question. I would have left it alone, but why not ask the others why they feel the need to attack someone for making a query? Because it's fun to point & laugh? To be the room full of jocks picking on a lone nerd?

#10395 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

For Christ's sake, your question was answered. The op is a wiki. It get's updated by the CAG community. Sometimes it get updated frequently, other times it can go a good while between updates.

We do not avoid updating it simply to spite you. If it hasn't been updated in a while, it's simply because nobody (including you) has taken the time to update the OP.

THANK YOU! I had to weed through insults to get that info before, and even though you are informing me out of spite, I really appreciate it. I just feel like I need to address when multiple people attack me for no reason. Sorry for existing.

#10396 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

5. Do Not Use an Apostrophe with Possessive Pronouns

Because possessive pronouns already show ownership, it's* not necessary to add an apostrophe:

• yours
  • his
  • hers
  • its*
  • ours
  • theirs
EDIT: Also, please learn to use multi-quoting rather than posting consecutively, thanks.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#10397 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Why is this thread even in the deals section? when is the last time the 1st post has been updated? I frequently check this thread cuz it's bumped, and it's got junk like "Torchlight 2 PREORDER". WTF? This is just a convo thread now, so it's just taking up space.

I asked a question, and when I came to see the answer (hoping to see, "it will be updated soon," or something similar), I was attacked. Therefore, I proceeded to defend my reason for asking the question. I have no intention of ruining a thread that others enjoy. I'm not that type of person, but i also don't sit back & take fire just because people were butthurt over a legit question. I would have left it alone, but why not ask the others why they feel the need to attack someone for making a query? Because it's fun to point & laugh? To be the room full of jocks picking on a lone nerd?

I'm not trying to insult you, but are you aware of what you posted?

You asked when was the last time the OP was updated. An answer you can find on your own by checking the Wiki History in the OP.

Then you asked why this was even in the deals section and went on to complain.

These aren't legit questions, just abrasive complaints.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10398 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

A lot of people are very happy with this thread. You aren't one of them. Instead of trying to impose your will on a bunch of people who are content with the status quo, why don't you create a thread that meets your needs?

You made your point the first time, and it was soundly rejected. Your continued tantrum is verging on trolling.

You quote my post above that but avoid my question. You then proceed to complain about this thread ignoring a question of yours.

Not in English. it's = contraction of "it is"; its = possessive form of it
This is one of the gotchas that most people know. Here are some more common ones to be aware of.

#10399 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

The cutscenes were videos hiding the loading. I believe they became skippable when the load finished, at least on the PS3 where I played it. I may be remembering it wrong though.

Yeah but I could load the SAME checkpoints from a cold metal boot of my system from start to gameplay faster than it took these cutscenes to "load" the checkpoint. That "loading" was a crock of shit.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#10400 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Backlog. I've been successfully using my backlog to as a reason against upgrading my video card. I figure I'll be able to hold fast another year or two (at which point my PC will be 5-6 years old). I have to thank 360 and PS3 for holding back progress. =D

#10401 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

THANK YOU! I had to weed through insults to get that info before, and even though you are informing me out of spite, I really appreciate it. I just feel like I need to address when multiple people attack me for no reason. Sorry for existing.

There is this button in the lower-right of each post that's called something like "add to multi-quote."

If you press that button it remembers you want quote the post, then when you hit reply it will quote all of the posts you indicated in your reply field.

It's really nifty for, you know, not taking up an entire page in a thread responding to posts from a dozen pages back.

Please utilize this.

Edited by Eldredpe, 30 November 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#10402 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

We might start avoiding it now for spite :P

#10403 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

We might start avoiding it now for spite :P

I've been mentally adding "Update OP page more often" to the top of my list of things to do, but now it is going back to the bottom. Yay spite! :bouncy:

#10404 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Endless Space is #48 on the Top Sellers list. I guess I'm not the only one who balked at that price.

It's had fairly few price drops since launch, from what I've seen. Until last week, of course, when surely all of us got it from Gamersgate for ~$7.50. ;)

#10405 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

http://store.steampowered.com/ <-- All you need on the front page to be permanently updated.

#10406 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I insult you because I think you're a douche.

Also I think I may have fucked up the OP trying to add the daily deal.

Edited by sunasun, 30 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10407 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I asked a question, and when I came to see the answer (hoping to see, "it will be updated soon," or something similar), I was attacked.

It will be updated soon.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10408 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Pfft, the Ignore button isn't enough, because people keep quoting him which makes it appear in their post. Can we get a Mod to restore order please. What is it with there having to be at least one $@%&! that tries to make these threads about them. There's always some new guy in the Amazon thread bashing everything til he gets banned (then comes back). Just kick this guy and be done with it, until he inevitably returns under a new account. But, the Ignore button isn't enough, you either have to truly ignore him (stop replying to him) or ban him. One or the other. He's shown he just wants the conversation to continue, and therefor simply wants the attention. Be done with this.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10409 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

I think this is probably the cheapest it will get on Steam.

FWIW, I got:

Trainz 2012
Trainz 2010
Trainz 2009
Trains Classics 3

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

for $12.49 from Amazon over the summer.

Good point! I think the Trainz 12 plus earlier versions didn't quite grab me. (Also if it has DLC I prefer it on Steam.) I think I'll be passing on the daily. I want it, but I'm not sure I $10 want it. Maybe Tony will toss it in a bundle with a wargame, a hidden objects game, and a bikini waxing simulator. ^_~

What would a good analogy be? Or is there another company who has done something similar?

Spoiler

I haven't familiarized myself with THQ's exact situation. But in general, a closer analogy would be: Suppose I owned a failing Premium Sprits (Booze) store that has a way too much inventory, but I couldn't make rent this month. Now I hear rumors that this crafty Fox guy is planning on taking over my business by paying me a teeny bit of money and promising everyone I owe money to that they'll get their monthly payments. I know he can stand to make a good profit since he's getting my inventory for much less than I paid for it (or it can even be bought for). The thought of this makes me mad, so I decide to throw a big party so most of the inventory gets consumed. Now Fox won't be able to make a ton of money on my misfortune. Without him as incentivized to take over, maybe I find a new business partner (Fox or others) to shoulder some of the expense and get the business back in order.

Real Example: ARM (Acorn Risc Machines, their microprocessor designs are in all the smartphones and tablets) and DEC (Digital Equpment Corp, produced the then fastest and best performance/$ Alpha microprocessor). In the mid-90s ARM (whos processors where then in most GSM phones and Apple's Newton MP100-130) was having trouble pushing their processing power to a higher performance so they asked DEC to design a new generation of ARM processor, StrongARM (power the Newton MP2000/2100 as well as the iPaQ). At the time both DEC and ARM were at risk of a hostile takeover, so they made an agreement that if either one got taken over, the other would wind up with exclusive rights to the StrongARM Intellectual Property. This made ARM and DEC less attractive hostile takeover targets. This is a form a poison pill.

#10410 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I insult you because I think you're a douche.

Spoiler