Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10471 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Sweet greenlight games! Guess we'll also be getting Dawn of Fantasy if you get it in the current Groupees or in a previous bundle (IndieGala?)

It's actually listed as having a Steam key in BM6. I haven't tried mine yet though.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10472 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Just looked on my Humble Android 4 page to see if they had anything about Waking Mars Steam key (they don't) but realized I have extra Steam keys I never redeemed. They're for:

Cogs
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Swords and Soldiers HD
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Zen Bound 2

Any regulars want them? PM me.

I found Zen Bound 2 both dreadfully dull and frustrating. There are far more relaxing and interesting casual games out there.

I fixed that before you posted, actually. I was originally typing something else, and changed mid-sentence.

I hate when I do that.

#10473 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

To add fuel to the fire, IFK had a really shitty lineup of games for some ridiculous amount like $8 minimum. You can see how well that worked out. They sold what, almost 1500 bundles their last sale? That alone is reason enough for it to be shut down, but instead of bowing out gracefully they decided to throw a bitch-fit.

#10474 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I hate when I do that.

I saw it right when my page refreshed with the post. I was like, "Oh shit, hope no one saw!"

It's as bad as "USE PROPER GRAMMER!!!!"

#10475 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Wake up Drabelincoln!

Daily deal is Confrontation | 66% off | $6.79

http://store.steampo...com/app/204560/

#10476 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Where was IFK caught lying though?

In that postmortem sob story he posted: "He even put me in such a situation he wanted me to go deposit directly to his BOFA account, which is kind of illegal" Perfectly legal in the US, where both GamerX and Biart7 are located.
"TWO websites developed at normal developer rates of $40 an hour for two weeks and beyond," I don't know if he's trying to claim their main site as development costs for their bundle website or what, but the developer was definitely not making 40/hr full time for her work (and honestly whatever they may have been paying her, which to my understand they weren't, was too much).

I could probably pull out more, but honestly not worth the effort.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10477 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Wake up Drabelincoln!

Wasn't that 75% off in the Autumn sale? :cry:

#10478 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Wake up Drabelincoln!

Yawn....I shoulda kept napping

#10479 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Post-Sale blues. #-o

#10480 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

To add fuel to the fire, IFK had a really shitty lineup of games for some ridiculous amount like $8 minimum. You can see how well that worked out. They sold what, almost 1500 bundles their last sale? That alone is reason enough for it to be shut down, but instead of bowing out gracefully they decided to throw a bitch-fit.

And they only sold 1500 because they realized that nobody was buying it at 8$ and dropped down to 1$

That, and the fact that the last bundle was up for about three months. It was supposed to last two weeks, but every week they extended the time once more. It was getting more and more pathetic every week.

#10481 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yup, I thought of buying it then but when I saw how much I had spent already I had to pass lol

#10482 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Sweet I am so glad that Sang-Froid : Tales of Werewolves was greenlight'd :D

Nice! That was one of the first games I up-voted.

#10483 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Technically, they never state Biart can't have their game in another bundle while the IFK bundle is still live, only not before or "at least two months" after the conclusion. This may seem ridiculous to some, but it is a legitimate legal argument Biart could make.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all after rereading it. If IFK is stupid enough not to have someone proofread the darn contract, they they reap what they sow. And you are right, it is poorly written with things that probably shouldn't be in the contract at all.

You can sit there and say Biart perhaps violated the spirit of the clause, but I don't think that would hold up in court. Given the other problems IFK has, I think they have worse problems to deal with.
Posted Image

#10484 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Funny, we were just talking about that Euro Truck Simulator this morning and it (rather shockingly imo) got greenlighted.

Dragon's Lair is kind of a duh to the point where it's almost silly Valve made them go through all that Greenlight mess to get it on there. It's a classic.

Speaking of silly on Greenlight, why the hell doesn't Valve just let DTP put up Drakensang for Europe instead of making them go Greenlight. I guess they could say 'We don't consider it Steam material', Oh wait...

#10485 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

To get this thread somewhat back on track:

Green Man Gaming has Jet Set Radio as their daily deal. It's $3.39 and activates on Steam. Sadly, there are no current coupons to bring the price lower.

http://www.greenmang.../jet-set-radio/

#10486 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

To get this thread somewhat back on track:

Green Man Gaming has Jet Set Radio as their daily deal. It's $3.39 and activates on Steam. Sadly, there are no current coupons to bring the price lower.

http://www.greenmang.../jet-set-radio/

I think if there were coupons I'd be jumping on this in a heartbeat. Otherwise I'll just wait for 75% off or a better bundle.

#10487 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'm kind of sad I didn't buy the Orcs Must Die 2 DLC now that I've almost finished the campaign. So much better with Coop!

#10488 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

As a person who owns and purchases simulators I can tell you that the majority are not fun at all in the traditional sense of what a fun game is supposed to be.

A very tiny minority are well made and are fun if you like the subject. Like the Train Simulators tend to be pretty well done. Ship Simulator Extremes is a well done game as well. I even had a bit of fun with Airport Control Simulator, though that's a sim in title only.

The rest are just big awful, train wrecks. I enjoy them in the same way I enjoy watching bad movies. Meaning, I wade through a ton of them, most are just plain awful, but a select few hit that "so bad, but so funny/good" area that I feel it is worth it. For example, I was recently playing Road Works Simulator and was entertained by the awful translation and amazed by the dreadful gameplay. I'm on mission 3 and can't bring myself to spend 10 minutes guiding the world's slowest steam roller over a pixelated mess that is supposed to be asphalt to "fix" the road. This was after it took me about 10 minutes during the first mission to figure out how to use the jackhammer since there is no tutorial whatsoever and the game freezes on me when I enter the "Options" menu.

I finally figured out that in addition to holding down the left mouse button for 10 minutes, I had to wildly flick my mouse in either direction to "angle" the jackhammer into the "ideal" jackhammering position, otherwise nothing happened :)

Fox, I always assumed you played them so you'd be ready in the unlikely event that you were required to operate a streetsweeper.

You know, like learning wilderness survival skills or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be just about everything a business could do wrong.

I don't think they violated any environmental regulations, and their OSHA paperwork appears to be in order.

Edited by Eldredpe, 30 November 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#10489 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Part of me really wants Far Cry 3 but I don't wanna spend full retail. Decisions :-k

I am fine if I don't get a Steam version either.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10490 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned, but the first real XCOM DLC comes out on 12/4 for $6.99.

I'm glad I saved that Gametap voucher.

#10491 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

In some steam related news. Steam now carries Monopoly!

http://store.steampo...com/app/221300/

Yay I guess?

#10492 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Part of me really wants Far Cry 3 but I don't wanna spend full retail. Decisions :-k

I am fine if I don't get a Steam version either.

It was a "free game" offer with recent AMD graphic cards. Supposedly you can find the codes on sale on eBay and the like for fairly cheap if you're willing to take that risk.

Otherwise, it is $38.50 on GetGamesGo (not Steam)

#10493 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Uh.

Is there any way to reset my Steam language to English without wiping all my browser data?

It's in Russian right now and I don't know the conversion rate for the currency...

#10494 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I've been playing older games since I had to RMA my 460GTX, and it turns out I'm getting a 560GTX Ti back. Hooray for extending the life of my video card. However I have been picking up deals on parts for my new computer, I have 2/5 parts I need to replace purchased (PSU and Case). E8400 works but doesn't quite cut it anymore.

Nice! =D Out of curiosity, which manufacturer? EVGA?

So, really...are all these simulators at all fun? Farming, Trains, politics?! I've seen these around awhile now and always been like "Seriously?".

It's okay to admit it; we're an all inclusive group here. You want to play Business Presentation Simulator, don't you? ^_~

In some steam related news. Steam now carries Monopoly!
http://store.steampo...com/app/221300/
Yay I guess?

I am never ever going to sit in front of my computer and play Monopoly. If there's a snowball's chance in hell, it would be on android (past Amazon FAOTD).

#10495 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I think if there were coupons I'd be jumping on this in a heartbeat. Otherwise I'll just wait for 75% off or a better bundle.

Yeah, needs a 20% or 25% off coupon to combo with that.

COMBO!

#10496 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Uh.

Is there any way to reset my Steam language to English without wiping all my browser data?

It's in Russian right now and I don't know the conversion rate for the currency...

Do you mean the store, changing it back to US prices? If so, click this link: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

If you mean that your client is in Russian, top left menu, next to last option (Settings), third tab, top drop-down menu.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10497 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Do you mean the store, changing it back to US prices? If so, click this link: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

Thank you.

#10498 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Nice! =D Out of curiosity, which manufacturer? EVGA?

MSI. Disappointing they didn't do cross ship, but the upgrade makes it worth it. And I'm glad I kept an old 7900GS as a backup card.

#10499 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Ah guise, just buy it. Jet Set Radio HD is one of the best games ever made. Its worth the full price even!

#10500 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ah guise, just buy it. Jet Set Radio HD is one of the best games ever made. Its worth the full price even!

Full price???? You must be new