Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1081 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

$8. Wow. Stick a fork in those guys.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1082 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

11 Bundles sold...

How many you think they get to?

Bundle lasts for 40 fucking days!

#1083 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

I had a scare today. I got an email saying I got $6 off war of the roses because I bought Mount and Blade. So I was like wtf I never bought that, and after checking Amazon and realizing it was for the beta I felt better.

Also I am pumped for the new Be Mine Bundle. Revelations 2012, I can't pass up that pile of shit :D.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1084 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

Wow, I'm surprised that everybody is hating that bundle.

This. Really, it's way better than many other bundles lately.

Royale? >$5 for bunch of mediocre games which you can buy seperately for similar price on Steam sales.
Gala? Beat the average to get Bad Rats! Games so good, so they are everywhere on steamgifts now. Without 4- or 20-pack group buys it also would be just weak deal.
Humble? Repeated games everywhere. BTA price not worth beating. Still great value anyway.
IFK? trololo

I definitely will buy BeMine4. The more bundles they sell, the more bundles with low minimum we'll see in future.

btw. I've never considered buying DRM free bundles, funnily enough, Green Light Bundle seems to be the most interesting one for me.

#1085 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Zero interest in any of those games. Especially given most are predominantly multi-player and probably have non existent communities. Sorry but the last IG/1C bundle was vastly superior.

#1086 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, BeMine looks unappealing. It's nice to pass on indie bundles these days.

#1087 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

That's some really good timing for SpaceChem. I just saw that there was a piece of DLC and that I missed the nice price in the Summer sale, so I'll be picking that up.

I had to roll my eyes at Steam putting this up for sale today, but then I remembered that I too didn't own the dlc for it. Hopefully 50 cents well spent.

But alas, a desk like that wasn't built in a day

ha, ha, ha, HA! :roll:

Bemine 4 video is out, showcasing what the next bundle has.

Guns of Icarus
Revelations 2012
Laxius Force (not on steam currently)
Metal Drift
Zero Gear

Yes, that's the same Revelations 2012 you're thinking of.

Yuck, I guess I'm passing on this. I should be joyous, considering it's saving me money, but I feel sad, like another fairy lost its wings. :cry:

#1088 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Question for the CS:GO players. Is anyone getting some weird glitch where some walls turn purple and you hear this annoying static squeal noise? It wasn't happening at all when I played earlier today, now I can't join a game without hearing it.

Zarski843.jpg

#1089 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

BeMine4's games don't interest me much at all, but the music is probably going to be worth the cost of admission. I may go in just for that.

#1090 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Question for the CS:GO players. Is anyone getting some weird glitch where some walls turn purple and you hear this annoying static squeal noise? It wasn't happening at all when I played earlier today, now I can't join a game without hearing it.

I can only assume the walls being purple is that the texture isn't loading. I've had some fun times in Day of Defeat capturing a purple and black checkerboard artillery gun.

#1091 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Bemine 4 video is out, showcasing what the next bundle has.

Guns of Icarus
Revelations 2012
Laxius Force (not on steam currently)
Metal Drift
Zero Gear

Yes, that's the same Revelations 2012 you're thinking of.

Good lord, the quality of the Bemine bundles has really gone down hill. Their first bundle (at least in my opinion) rivaled many humble bundles in terms of quality. But my goodness, they've really started to scrape the bottom of the barrel of late.

I admit, I'm kinda interested in both Guns of Icarus & Zero Gear. But each of those games should be offered separately as fillers in a stronger bundle. When you have them appearing in a bundle together, and they're basically the strongest games in the bundle, you know you're in trouble.

I'm seriously considering skipping this one.

Thanks for the head's up though plft.

#1092 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Zero Gear is a fun game, but it has no community at all. When you log on to it, you are lucky to see even 1 server with people. The developers abandoned the game and didn't want to fix any of the bugs it has, the developers went and started work on iOS games instead and they have tried to remove themselves from the Zero Gear mess by removing it from their website and even took the Zero Gear site down as well.

#1093 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

BeMine4's games don't interest me much at all, but the music is probably going to be worth the cost of admission. I may go in just for that.

I'm listening to what came with Be Mine 3 as I'm finishing my collection data entry with everything I bought from the Summer Sale, and some of it is cringeworthily awful. Overall, I've liked the stuff I've heard with the Gala bundles much more.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1094 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Zero interest in any of those games. Especially given most are predominantly multi-player and probably have non existent communities. Sorry but the last IG/1C bundle was vastly superior.

I'd probably agree if the IG bundle was $1, but it wasn't. All of the good games in it (like King's Bounty and Star Wolves) made you beat the average, which was what... $6+? I'm sure the happy hour deal was a good value, but one set of keys is all the average gamer needs.

For $4 (like the last Be Mine minimum was), I wouldn't be too enthused. For $1? A lot better than any other bundles lately.

Be Mine 3's music was actually really good I think. Celldweller and Psyborg Corp. were a little odd, admittedly, but the Infinity Shred collection was really cool dreamy ambient sounding techno (good background music), and Drivepilot is pretty damn good. Not everybody is into the electronic side of music though; that's pretty much all Groupees seems to give out in the Be Mine bundles that I've seen.

(Ironically, since it was mentioned, the last Gala bundle came with almost all Benjamin Briggs stuff. Groupees just gave out Benjamin Briggs stuff in their last Build a Bundle.)

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1095 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Gonna pass on the Bemine bundle, no interest in any of those games. It's been a while since I've bought one of these bundles.

#1096 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Yuck, I guess I'm passing on this. I should be joyous, considering it's saving me money, but I feel sad, like another fairy lost its wings. :cry:

I laughed. :lol:

Also, Lord of the Rings: War in the North is mega fun. Hubby and I played a couple more hours this evening. Combat is pretty varied, the loot system is sweet, saving is frequent, warping back to town and back to where you were (at certain spots) is good and shows up often enough.

Graphics and story are pretty good too. Hoping maybe we'll meet or see the principal hobbits and Gandalf somewhere in the story, but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

#1097 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I just sent a concerned email to Indie Fack Kick, lol. Apparently I will get a reply within 24 hours. :)

(Can't imagine what it will be.)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1098 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

I just sent a concerned email to Indie Fack Kick, lol. Apparently I will get a reply within 24 hours. :)

How long was the email? ;)

#1099 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

How concerned? I need details.

#1100 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

I sent a concerned email once......herpes.
Just kidding...maybe :)

#1101 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

How long was the email? ;)

I'll have to check, but I think it was 27 pages.

Oh, I just voiced my confusion about why they had such a high minimum price, mentioned what the minimum price of other bundles was, and also asked why their minimum was so high for games that really don't look very good (maybe that was a little harsh). No need to troll them or anything, I actually am looking forward to a serious response.

I also asked why it costs $25 for the games on a flash card, and $8 + $14 = $22 to buy the games and the flash card separately. I still don't understand that one.

uwkiCEr.gif

#1102 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

As of now they've sold 16 bundles with 38 days to go. I don't even have words for that.

#1103 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

Galaxy On Fire 2 Full HD just got its debut on Steam.

http://store.steampo...com/app/212010/

Looks purdy.

Indeed it does looks purdy! Can't wait for it to be in a bundle :)

#1104 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

As of now they've sold 16 bundles with 38 days to go. I don't even have words for that.

So apparently intkeys.com bought 16 bundles. How much more do you guys think they'll buy? I'm assuming that's how they're paying IFK back for that blog article.

;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#1105 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

Galaxy On Fire 2 Full HD just got its debut on Steam.

http://store.steampo...com/app/212010/

Looks purdy.

Anyone know what type of space combat sim 4x game this leans towards. I've mostly played the X3 series so I'm wondering if it's somewhat similar to that.

#1106 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

Oh, I just voiced my confusion about why they had such a high minimum price, mentioned what the minimum price of other bundles was, and also asked why their minimum was so high for games that really don't look very good (maybe that was a little harsh). No need to troll them or anything, I actually am looking forward to a serious response.

Oh, please do share when you receive the response. I'm sure it will be quite serious.

Since their preferred contact method in the past has always been "chat," I actually went in there a few weeks ago. I had previously joined their Steam group to get the first word on upcoming IFK bundles. They *constantly* spammed the group with announcements and event notifications like, "i'm bored, come chatz?" and "join chat now if ur cool".

When I went in, they were all of my worst concerns realized. I won't bore everyone with the details, but they're just a bunch of IRC kiddiez. That GamerX guy is no better, he just happens to be the one that has some connections with key resellers and a couple of devs that didn't know any better.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad to see IFK dying. I really like what indie bundles are doing for PC gaming, but the people behind IFK will only damage the reputation of the decent, honest bundle organizers. The sooner they are out of the market, the better.

Have I mentioned that I don't like them? ;)
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#1107 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

I was approached my a few men on my way home; I feared the worst. They made me buy the Indie Face Kick Bundle. I would get rid of it and put it on steamgifts, but the authorities say I can't and that I wouldn't have it if I didn't want it "because the female body rejects 'legitimate bundles.'"

#1108 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

I was approached my a few men on my way home; I feared the worst. They made me buy the Indie Face Kick Bundle. I would get rid of it and put it on steamgifts, but the authorities say I can't and that I wouldn't have it if I didn't want it "because the female body rejects 'legitimate bundles.'"

:applause::applause::applause:

#1109 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

So.... you're one of the 16 that bought it? The doctors HAVE told me it's rare...
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#1110 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

I cannot explain how I managed just now to not choke on my drink. Thank you.

I have never bought one of their bundles. Right from the start, they presented themselves as the kind of people I don't miss from my high school days. You know the ones. Never so much as considered paying them a cent, not that that's possible anyway with their pricing structure.