Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11101 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Woohoo I got IR @ $4.28!

I really wish they would change their system. There's a ton of their bundles I passed on at $5-ish because I didn't notice it early enough that I would have bought without a second thought at $4-ish.

Also bought BiB but at the $1 level since I already have Shuggy.

Have you seen the Stay Dead gameplay vids?

Looks like one of those must own awful games.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11102 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

You missed the best worst game in BIB. Stay Dead. I'm ready to get out of work and play that steaming pile

I saw that but didn't know anything about it and figured meh. However if once you play it (I know, right?) you discover it is a trainwreck of BadRatsian proportions do please let me know!

*Edit:

Have you seen the Stay Dead gameplay vids?

Looks like one of those must own awful games.

Ugh, you guys stop tempting me into spending more money for one craptacular game. Spending a whole $4 for a bundle is already pushing it for me because IR doesn't have the $1 mins or happy hours. $4 is like the Nordstrom of bundle prices.

#11103 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Just had something VERY strange happen - I went back to my IndieGala profile to see if there were any games / gifts I didn't redeem since I'm going to make a round of Steamgift giveaways.

Strangely - all of my "gift" purchases were reset! Some bundles, I purchased happy hour and sent them to my friends. Now I have the option of re-sending them to a new address! I tried it out by sending one to myself and I am assuming it generated new Steam keys.

So... I have a LOT of games to give away now.

#11104 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Woohoo I got IR @ $4.28!

I really wish they would change their system. There's a ton of their bundles I passed on at $5-ish because I didn't notice it early enough that I would have bought without a second thought at $4-ish.

Same here; there have been a few bundles that I would have bought for ~$4, but they were ~$5.5 by the time that I found out that there was a new bundle out.

#11105 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

So excited to get the bundle in a box at $2.40. I was just debating buying eversion at $2.50 during the sale (figuring it was too old for a bundle). Glad I waited.

#11106 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

So I finally decided to look at the new Skyrim DLC. If I didn't have Far Cry 3 coming soon, I sadly would be making a new Skyrim character :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#11107 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

So I finally decided to look at the new Skyrim DLC. If I didn't have Far Cry 3 coming soon, I sadly would be making a new Skyrim character :lol:.

I wish the DLC would come to PC today. Guess I can wait... :drool:

#11108 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Stay Dead is awesome. I would love to see this game at the EVO fighting championship.

#11109 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Indie royale almost consistently disappoints me. They only even have one or two games tops I am interested in. And their pricing system is poor imo.

#11110 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Strangely - all of my "gift" purchases were reset! Some bundles, I purchased happy hour and sent them to my friends. Now I have the option of re-sending them to a new address! I tried it out by sending one to myself and I am assuming it generated new Steam keys.

Probably not.

I don't think they had an option to tie to an email prior to IndieGala 10. Everything before that I got via a link sent manually. With 10, they added the ability to send to and tie to an email address. When they did that, I went back and made sure to tie all my received gift urls (for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9) to my email.

So you could send those out to (and tie those to) new email addresses, but they're the same bundles you already sent out.

#11111 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Just had something VERY strange happen - I went back to my IndieGala profile to see if there were any games / gifts I didn't redeem since I'm going to make a round of Steamgift giveaways.

First off, in reference to checking keys before giving them away on steamgifts, how can you tell which keys have been redeemed without actually trying them? Once you try them, if you don't have the game, the key gets used. If you do own the game, you just get a message that you already own the game. You get this message regardless of if the key has been used or not. In fact, you could use a key that you know for a fact is used, and if you already own the game, it still just says you already own this game. There's no indication of the status of the key.

Secondly, how do you know that you got new gifts? My assumption if I were in your place would be that a glitch caused Indie Gala to forget who I sent the bundles to. I wouldn't automatically think that I got new bundles.

57j.gif

#11112 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

how do you know that you got new gifts? My assumption if I were in your place would be that a glitch caused Indie Gala to forget who I sent the bundles to. I wouldn't automatically think that I got new bundles.

Actually, when I gifted the bundles before, I had them sent to my own email address (I added a "." somewhere, so google would still deliver them) and sent the steam keys directly via email. One set of keys to my son, one to my daughter, etc.

Now that they have been "reset", I sent one to myself again, and double checked that the new keys were different than the ones I had sent previously in my email.

Kind of strange - but I assume the keys will work. All I know for sure is that they're different keys than the ones I sent before.

#11113 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh Stay Dead is that FMV fighting game/game with fighting! The Giant Bomb video had me cracking up. Youtube

That Genesis pack is SOOO tempting. I had the SNES and my buddy has the Genesis when I was a kid so I didn't get to play many of those. To have those on steam and 100% legal, hmm buy?

Farm Frenzy Pizza Party suffers from a serious lack of polish and play testing. Thinking back to what the Coconut Queen designer said about iWin releasing a game every week this absolutely seems in line with that. The game slowly stacks elements each level, but aside from the goal screen there it doesn't tell you what the ingredients are for the products. The items the plane can buy change each level but you have to click into the store screen to find what they are and when you're there you can't see what you already have. There is a lot of stuff like that needing to be streamlined. For $1.50 and already three hours of play it was worth it to me for the laughs and easy pick up and play nature.

#11114 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Oh so you have a record of the keys that you can check them against. Well that would work.

57j.gif

#11115 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Holy crap that video of Stay Dead makes it look so good (in a horrible, cheesy, reminds me of playing fmv games on my Sega CD sort of way). A very large part of me wants to buy this, but I have FC3 waiting at home for me so I think I will pass, but if anyone bought the bundle and wants to sell Stay Dead for $1 let me know

#11116 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Oh so you have a record of the keys that you can check them against. Well that would work.

Yeah I'm weird like that. :P Also I have like 10 copies of Indie Gala 7. If anyone wants a free gift PM me with your email address and I'll send it along. Gone! Would also be a good way to test whether or not these keys actually work.

Also: EVE Online $5 and the Polish Bundle for $20 is the midweek madness. Lame but at least the big picture sale is still going on.

Edited by jshackles, 04 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#11117 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Picked up the Bundle in a Box, mainly for Stay Dead. Can't pass up cheesy-bad. Too bad there's no multiplayer.

Going to pass on this Indie Royale. Hamlet is the only game I don't have and am interested in, and that game is only the price of the bundle when it isn't on sale.

#11118 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Stay Dead is awesome. I would love to see this game at the EVO fighting championship.

Crap. That does look fun, in a the-whole-game-consists-of-QTE kind of way.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11119 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Same here; there have been a few bundles that I would have bought for ~$4, but they were ~$5.5 by the time that I found out that there was a new bundle out.

Thirded. Managed to hunt down (buy/win) some Steam keys, but I dislike the holes in my account page.

Also, Motoki, the BTA for BiaB is 2 and change, not 4. Do eet.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11120 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Oh shit.

I found the activate key section on Desura on my first guess upon opening the client.

This usually takes minutes of fumbling around.

Maybe I'll even start using the damn thing now...

EDIT: To Desura's credit, their key activation process is always incredibly fast. Way less painful to deal with than the whole sluggish steam process.

#11121 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I wish the DLC would come to PC today. Guess I can wait... :drool:

I thought they only had the exclusivity with Microsoft for the first two DLC so either Hearthfire was so dinky they don't consider a true DLC for the purposes of that agreement or Microsoft threw more money at them. Disappointing either way but I can wait.

Thirded. Managed to hunt down (buy/win) some Steam keys, but I dislike the holes in my account page.

Also, Motoki, the BTA for BiaB is 2 and change, not 4. Do eet.

To clarify, I meant that paying $4 for Indie Royale this morning was already pushing my cheap limit so it's hard for me to justify an extra $1 for one trashy game expendatures after breaking the bank on the whole $4.28 indie royale bundle.

I'll think about it. I hope that BiaB average doesn't keep going up. It's weird because the first time around their average kept going down and down but their second bundle it went up and stayed fairly high (with high being in the $4 range; we've already established that is a princely sum for me to pay on indie games).

#11122 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Don't forget Super Amazing Wagon Adventure!

Yeah, I watched several playthroughs of this one, and I'm sad I didn't pick the bundle that had it up.

#11123 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I thought they only had the exclusivity with Microsoft for the first two DLC so either Hearthfire was so dinky they don't consider a true DLC for the purposes of that agreement or Microsoft threw more money at them. Disappointing either way but I can wait.

Yeah my guess is Microsoft threw them some extra cash.

Gamespot says early 2013 for PC

When Dawnguard was Xbox exclusive though, some people extracted the files from it and were able to put them in their Skyrim PC folder and play the expansion just fine. So obviously, the content for Xbox 360 / PC is more or less cross platform, meaning there must be some exclusivity hold-up.

I hate to say it, but I might have to pirate this expansion if it works the same way, then buy it the day it comes out.

#11124 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

That new XCOM DLC is out now. However, Green Man Gaming has it for $4.90 after coupon code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9 ($7 normally). That code expires tomorrow morning.

http://www.greenmang...t-content-pack/
Posted Image

#11125 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Pardon me if this has been brought up already, but I think when you purchase an Indie Royale bundle it automatically associates the games with your Desura account. I don't have the client installed, but I did register for the website, and when I go to my Games tab on desura.com it lists everything IR-owned. What's the point of the Desura keys then?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11126 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Pardon me if this has been brought up already, but I think when you purchase an Indie Royale bundle it automatically associates the games with your Desura account. I don't have the client installed, but I did register for the website, and when I go to my Games tab on desura.com it lists everything IR-owned. What's the point of the Desura keys then?

It doesn't do that if you're not logged in at the time that you buy. I've had to manually enter the last few keys because I wasn't logged in.

57j.gif

#11127 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

It doesn't do that if you're not logged in at the time that you buy. I've had to manually enter the last few keys because I wasn't logged in.

Oho.

And speaking of Polish...

Posted Image

Doesn't seem quite worth it though. 3 bundle games, an old Ubi title, and a recent price-glitch. They should've thrown in Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword. Mowimy po polsku (not really).
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11128 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I noticed that it did for me today. The Desura games are there in my account, I just checked. I didn't log in because there is no way I was going to waste an extra second. The price might go up by a penny in that time! :lol:

It may be a YMMV sort of thing though if it autopopulates to Desura without being logged in or not. I know in the past for me it did not and I had to enter the keys but for whatever reason it worked for me today.

#11129 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I third that today was the first time they automatically added the game to my Desura. Before I'd have to manually add the key, get the "These games are already tied to your account" message, and then finally see the games.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11130 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I third that today was the first time they automatically added the game to my Desura. Before I'd have to manually add the key, get the "These games are already tied to your account" message, and then finally see the games.

It's been happening to me for the past few bundles. I'm always logged into my indie royale account when I'm purchasing the bundles and I just assumed that's why.