Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11311 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

FTL is 40% off on their website and comes with a Steam key for those who can't wait or want to risk it not being on sale during the Holiday sale (which I'm sure it will)
http://www.ftlgame.com/

#11312 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Good price on Super Meat Boy with the Celebration Sale.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#11313 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Has anyone else noticed several small updates to most of their games on steam? (like less than 30 MB) Is this for big picture or what are these tiny updates? I can't find any info on them

I got a few like that due to new content conversion whatever, some of the games required 2GB+ download after telling me "this will only take a few minutes". One time it made me redownload Witcher 2.

#11314 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'd like the game, but at more than 50% off. I'm still tempted as it's one of the games that works in the Linux beta and I'd play it when I travel later this month.

I got it for 7 through greenman gaming

#11315 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Trine 2 was just added to the big picture mode sale, 75% off. DLC is only 50% off >:(

#11316 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is $2.62 on GMG if you use the 30% off coupon GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9.

#11317 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is $2.62 on GMG if you use the 30% off coupon GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9.

I probably would've waited to buy it from there if Amazon and Steam didn't have it for $3.74 first. I got promo credit with it from Amazon though, so not really a loss for me.

GMG should've had it for 75% off earlier, rather than the crappy 50% off they had.

#11318 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

They did. The description on the Alpha package that was in the bundle stated it came with access to all later development builds as well as the finished game. I think it was known at the time that the final game would require Steam.

Well Indiefort at that time was taking a no-Steam keys stance so I hadn't thought there would be a Steamworks (eventually) game in there.

Sounds like digging for information. They need to make it abundantly clear that it would. Hell, had the one dev from world of tanks not told us that certain games would come with steam keys for the new indie fort bundles nobody would have known and gamersgate in the past did not include steam keys for games that were on steam but offered drm free builds.

+1

Gamersgate seems to have this real issue with initially not wanting to give any Steam games out and then later when they did kind of sweeping that fact under the rug instead of promoting.

I get why, they are a competitor and all that business, but they are really screwing over the bundle sales by doing that. I've seen a number of other people on various forums saying they passed on their bundles in the past do to no Steam keys. Now that they are doing them in some cases, they need to do a better job of getting the word out.

#11319 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Apparently Dawn of War Retail (the first one) got added to the Steam Registry. Humble bonus?

Also ZOMGWTFBBQ TRIPLE TOWN!! It's such a simple silly game but seriously addictive, at least on mobile.

Posted Image

#11320 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Good price on Super Meat Boy with the Celebration Sale.

Actually, if I may be so CAGish, the game was $3.74 during the last Steam Holiday Sale. Furthermore, I believe Super Meat Boy was in Humble Indie Bundle IV, as well. Thus, Super Meat Boy has been available for far better prices in the past.

Also ZOMGWTFBBQ TRIPLE TOWN!! It's such a simple silly game but seriously addictive, at least on mobile.

Posted Image

#11321 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

No, it's appropriately large to counter a game like Triple Town.

#11322 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

SMB was HiB 4 and bonus on HiB 5. I figure most seasoned CAGs who cared would own it.

#11323 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

That and 50% off is a pretty poor sale price -- or is it cheaper somewhere else other than Steam?

#11324 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

This thread title is getting me down. I think "The Steam Deal thread V6: Winter is Coming" is much more cheery.

#11325 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

GameStop has a sale on Valve PC games which of course will redeem on Steam. Up to 50% off... right between the Thanksgiving and Winter Sales. I dare you to resist.

#11326 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

This thread title is getting me down. I think "The Steam Deal thread V6: Winter is Coming" is much more cheery.

Now that you mention it, I agree - "The sale is over, this thread will self-destruct," the title seems to say.

Nevertheless, once the Holiday Sale begins, we'll get a brand new, "more cheery" title.

#11327 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Well Indiefort at that time was taking a no-Steam keys stance so I hadn't thought there would be a Steamworks (eventually) game in there.

True. I guess I should say it was pretty clear with most of the games in that bundle that there were no Steam or Desura keys. However, it was also clear that AirBuccaneers Alpha would also include the final release and many articles about that game said it was planned to go final exclusively on Steam if possible.

I get why, they are a competitor and all that business, but they are really screwing over the bundle sales by doing that. I've seen a number of other people on various forums saying they passed on their bundles in the past do to no Steam keys. Now that they are doing them in some cases, they need to do a better job of getting the word out.

Well, I wasn't around for the first two Indiefort bundles. I agree that Indiefort Championship was decidedly non-Steam (and non-Desura.) AirBuccaneers was the clear exception.

#11328 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hmm, I just noticed that Dirt 1 was pulled from the steam store. New to me, GRID 2 is set for release next year, yay!

Now that you mention it, I agree - "The sale is over, this thread will self-destruct," the title seems to say.

Nevertheless, once the Holiday Sale begins, we'll get a brand new, "more cheery" title.

Unfortunately that will mean the mob of seasonal-sales-only CAGs will flood the thread asking questions that were answered for the 20th time a few posts up.

#11329 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Is there a way to get Steam to auromatically install all Library games instead of clicking through them one by one and having to wait for Steam to freeze up for 5 seconds each time?

Also, we really should start a new thread before the Winter Sale.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11330 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

In case any of your haven't seen this yet, Portal on a TI-83/84. When did TI calcs get sound? HPs have had sound since the '80s at least.

Edit: NVM, they didn't. There's a hack for audio from their serial port.

#11331 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

In case any of your haven't seen this yet, Portal on a TI-83/84. When did TI calcs get sound? HPs have had sound since the '80s at least.

That is AWESOME! I want it for my HP 48G.

#11332 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Edit: NVM, they didn't. There's a hack for audio from their serial port.

Ti's never had sound or at least any model from the 83-89. It amazes me that people still make games for the 83 when the 89 is vastly superior and is used in every calc class.

To get back on track though. Anyone know when the new Skyrim DLC drops?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#11333 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hmm, I just noticed that Dirt 1 was pulled from the steam store. New to me, GRID 2 is set for release next year, yay!

Unfortunately that will mean the mob of seasonal-sales-only CAGs will flood the thread asking questions that were answered for the 20th time a few posts up.

Is the SR3 season pass worth it?
Should I buy game x?
Will game x go on sale?
Will game x be cheaper?
Is this the cheapest game x has been?
Bit on game x, I've been waiting for a sale and 33% off is pretty good...*thread rage* You are doing it wrong!
Can I get one of those Skyrim keys?

#11334 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Should I buy game x?
Will game x go on sale?
Will game x be cheaper?
Bit on game x, I've been waiting for a sale and 33% off is pretty good...*thread rage* You are doing it wrong!

Does EA Blockbuster Origin Exclusive Edition redeem on Steam?

#11335 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

You forgot can I trade my pocket lint for OMG game of the week

#11336 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Does EA Blockbuster Origin Exclusive Edition redeem on Steam?

Will Origin have a winter sale like their fall sale?

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#11337 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

You forgot can I trade my pocket lint for OMG game of the week

well, does the pocket lint activate on steam? :drool:
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#11338 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

People, you're forgetting that we all will get to feel useful, knowledgeable and superior, as we squander large amounts of time posting in a thread focused on sales for a digital distribution service.

Isn't that smug high we all get to share worth it in the end?

#11339 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

well, does the pocket lint activate on steam? :drool:

It says Steamworks, but I'm not sure if that activates on Steam. Can anyone confirm?

#11340 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Should I buy game x?
Will game x go on sale?
Will game x be cheaper?

Why doesn't someone update the OP? Don't any of you have time to update the OP? I can't update the OP because I don't have time to update the OP. I hate you all....

:booty: