Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11341 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

It says Steamworks, but I'm not sure if that activates on Steam. Can anyone confirm?

Can confirm that even if it says Steamworks, your pocket lint will not activate on Steam. ;)

#11342 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

People, you're forgetting that we all will get to feel useful, knowledgeable and superior, as we squander large amounts of time posting in a thread focused on sales for a digital distribution service.

Isn't that smug high we all get to share worth it in the end?

I envy you. It annoys me, and allows my barely-beneath-the-surface contempt for humanity to surface. It's hard enough already to stave off my homocidal impulses.

It says Steamworks, but I'm not sure if that activates on Steam. Can anyone confirm?

That's not what I asked. I wanted to know if it requires steam.

If I buy this bundle, will I be able to give away the games I already have (on Xbox)?
Chumps! It's much cheaper at fraudulentkeys.ru

I do hope they stick with the 12 hour flash sales. Even better would be 24 hour flash sales :lol:

#11343 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

You guys crack me up. :lol:

#11344 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Speaking of the same shit over and over and over again are the kids still going on about Arma II/DayZ these days or have they moved on to something else?

Gone for a couple of months or so and I feel old and out of the loop with what the kids are playing these days.

#11345 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Speaking of the same shit over and over and over again are the kids still going on about Arma II/DayZ these days or have they moved on to something else?

Gone for a couple of months or so and I feel old and out of the loop with what the kids are playing these days.

Ironically, we're playing a lot of THQ titles these days.

#11346 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

The DayZ hype has died down a little. Plus a lot of people are now waiting for the standalone. I've been playing a little WarZ personally. Similar but not the same.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11347 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Well, Bioshock 2 came in between, and that was a step down from the first (still good, but more of a rehash), so Infinite doesn't have to worry about being the bastard stepchild, I guess.

Bioshock 2 was NOT developed by Irrational Boston.
(The then brand new) 2K Marin made it, so that was already expected to NOT be as AMAZING as Irrational Boston's awesome Bioshock 1.

EDIT:
We expect a lot out of Irrational Boston, given their history (System Shock 2, Bioshock 1 & Freedom Force series) and Ken Levine's additional history (Looking Glass).

#11348 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Today's Daily Deal is The Book of Unwritten Tales for $9.99 (50% off).

For the sake of completeness, I want to note that the DLC, the Digital Extras, is $4.99 (50% off, as well.), and the package for both (The Digital Deluxe Edition.) is $12.49.

Pretty sure it has been cheaper elsewhere. GamersGate and GOG had it for cheaper, I THINK.

For anyone who grabbed AirBuccaneers in the IndieFortChampionship bundle (or otherwise on GamersGate?), a Steam key should be available in your GamersGate account. I had one waiting, anyway.

Sweet, I remember hearing that would happen. Glad it finally did.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11349 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Ti's never had sound or at least any model from the 83-89. It amazes me that people still make games for the 83 when the 89 is vastly superior and is used in every calc class.

To get back on track though. Anyone know when the new Skyrim DLC drops?

TI-89s were not allowed in any of my math classes, from calculus to DiffEq. I think 2 out of my three physics classes allowed them...

#11350 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

For those that asked if the OMD2 DLC is worth it.. I can say that the Are We Yeti DLC is worth buying for the missle launcher alone. That thing is the best weapon in the game, incredibly powerful and has a high chance to stun any enemy with the primary attack. Combined with the mana trinket, you're unstoppable. Might make the game too easy for some, but it's fun to play with. I think my favorite DLC traps are the Web Spinner and Dart Spitter. The new levels from each DLC aren't anything special, but they're a nice addition to the game. I would recommend getting them all, but if you only get one I'd go for Are We Yeti. They're all currently 75% off (including the base/complete game). Just finished playing through the DLC with Seraphym.

#11351 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is the SR3 season pass worth it?
Should I buy game x?
Will game x go on sale?
Will game x be cheaper?
Is this the cheapest game x has been?
Bit on game x, I've been waiting for a sale and 33% off is pretty good...*thread rage* You are doing it wrong!
Can I get one of those Skyrim keys?

I don't need game #32 from the $10 Hundred-Game-Megabundle. Who wants to buy it for $9?

#11352 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

TI-89s were not allowed in any of my math classes, from calculus to DiffEq. I think 2 out of my three physics classes allowed them...

I haven't had any math in awhile, but I also remember them being prohibited, as they were a little too powerful. 89s can run derivatives/integrals, right?

#11353 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Am I the only one who hates how Steam automatically acts like you're going to install a game when you activate a key? I wish you could turn that off, it's annoying.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11354 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I haven't had any math in awhile, but I also remember them being prohibited, as they were a little too powerful. 89s can run derivatives/integrals, right?

Yep. And partial fraction expansions. Its symbolic package is pretty darn good. (the reason I got a TI-92, despite being a dyed-in-the-wool HP & RPN calculator fan).

Am I the only one who hates how Steam automatically acts like you're going to install a game when you activate a key? I wish you could turn that off, it's annoying.

Simple click to cancel on the screen after activating. I'm sure we'd have the reverse complain if it was the other way. I just wish steam adding a throttling option to downloading, since it tends to choke bandwidth like nothing else.

#11355 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

After activating...
When it says it's ready to install and shows the amount of GB it takes up, I just hit cancel.
No fuss, no muss, & no must.

#11356 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Simple click to cancel on the screen after activating. I'm sure we'd have the reverse complain if it was the other way. I just wish steam adding a throttling option to downloading, since it tends to choke bandwidth like nothing else.

I just wish it was a little simpler instead of saying "INSTALL NOW". Like.. Desura. ;)

Very true though. If it didn't I'd be like "wai duz it not say instal now!??"

bZ2g3eF.png

#11357 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

You're not the only one.

It's an extra click, and not one that you can just spam click. For a few games, it's not really an issue, but when you're activating 10+ keys in succession....

#11358 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

It's not that bad and I rather they asked when I activate the key then have to go find it in the library and click install. Easier just to hit cancel even when activating a lot of keys. I'm more annoyed at how Steam shits itself when you activate a key.

#11359 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

It's not that bad and I rather they asked when I activate the key then have to go find it in the library and click install. Easier just to hit cancel even when activating a lot of keys. I'm more annoyed at how Steam shits itself when you activate a key.

Especially when you grabbed a key off some post and are all like 'Crap is this going to work or did someone get to it first?'

#11360 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

I'm more annoyed at how Steam shits itself when you activate a key.

^ This.

I wish I could add keys to my inventory as well. Even if it was a non-tradable inventory.

#11361 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

^ This.

I wish I could add keys to my inventory as well. Even if it was a non-tradable inventory.

Or that you could activate keys via the web like Desura. I do it sometimes on my phone via Splashtop but it's a PITA.

#11362 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

I wish Steam would let me download faster than 2.4mbps. Does anyone average anything faster, or is that the norm?

#11363 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Steam *usually* chokes my 6 Mbit connection (650 KB/s) to the point where trying to watch youtube is a dicey proposition.

#11364 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

I hardly ever want to install a game right after activating it, and it puts news games in the "GAMES" category anyway, so they're never hard to find. (I move all of my games into custom categories.)

The freezing, however, is something I very much agree with.

Or that you could activate keys via the web like Desura.

If only. :hot:

#11365 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I wish Steam would let me download faster than 2.4mbps. Does anyone average anything faster, or is that the norm?

I average 1-1.3mbps, so stop complaining. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11366 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

If you're talking about 2.4Mb/s (0.3MB/s; 300kB/s), then that's pretty slow - I get between 600kB/s and 1.2MB/s (max line speed) depending which content servers I'm connected to.

If you're talking about 2.4MB/s (2400kB/s), then (as above) I don't see any problem - that's faster than my connection is capable of.

#11367 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Steam used to top out at 100 kb/s for me...lol... now I top out at around 1.4 MB/S but I don't know if my connection is supposed to be much faster

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11368 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Borderlands 2 Golden Key Codes for PC (all still working):

53CJJ-K5TC5-KR3BB-3B33T-XSHJB
WTWTJ-353WW-5F3TB-BBBJT-HJSKB
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-ttjjt-9HW63

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11369 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

I have Fios Quantum and when I download games off of Steam it can get up to 5mb+. My max DL is usually round 7mb.

#11370 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

I hardly ever want to install a game right after activating it, and it puts news games in the "GAMES" category anyway, so they're never hard to find. (I move all of my games into custom categories.)

The freezing, however, is something I very much agree with.

There is a 50/50 chance I'll install a game when I activate it. I don't use custom categories as I prefer everything to be in alphabetical order, the downside of that is, since I have a large amount of games it is a hassle to scroll and quicker and easier to grab the scroll bar now to move through my library quickly heh.