Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11401 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Borderlands 2 Golden Key Codes for PC (all still working):

53CJJ-K5TC5-KR3BB-3B33T-XSHJB
WTWTJ-353WW-5F3TB-BBBJT-HJSKB
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-ttjjt-9HW63

Thanks as well! All worked as of 9:03pm PST.

#11402 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

I know I'm way late to this, but every time I see MC Kage's avatar, I see Strike Gundam:

Posted Image

#11403 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Thank you good sir. Surprised that they still worked 4 hours after you posted, but I just successfully redeemed them all.

#11404 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Waking Mars just got released onto Desura and the developers tweeted they will give Desura keys out to Humble Android Bundle 4 purchasers if you request it

https://twitter.com/tigerstylegames

I know it's coming to Steam but I will still take a Desura key. The email I sent the request to is support@tigerstylegames.com

Thanks for posting this, Motoki. I've emailed them.

Thanks for Earthbound!

#11405 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

I know it's coming to Steam but I will still take a Desura key.

Same here. I don't see the downside of having copies available in multiple places. Thanks for the info.

#11406 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

I know I'm way late to this, but every time I see MC Kage's avatar, I see Strike Gundam:

Spoiler

:lol: one of my all-time favorite shows

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11407 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

cheapest place for Far Cry 3?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11408 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Summer sale it will be $20

#11409 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Alley behind my local 7-11 it will be $2.49.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#11410 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I just started compiling a spreadsheet of indie bundles I've bought, and it's not looking pretty for my past wallet. Not to mention that I've played only around 1% of the games from those bundles >_>

#11411 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Not to mention that I've played only around 1% of the games from those bundles >_>

That is why I deleted all evidence of my own attempts to compile my own list.

#11412 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Your mom is selling games now too? ;) (Sorry, had too.)
Posted Image

#11413 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

haha I forgot how useless this thread can be
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11414 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I just started compiling a spreadsheet of indie bundles I've bought, and it's not looking pretty for my past wallet. Not to mention that I've played only around 1% of the games from those bundles >_>

And I just saw that you went back and left me feedback for a bundle group buy purchase in May. Thank you. It was much appreciated. Though I should probably point out that you already left me feedback for that transaction. lol

If you'd like to pay me a second time as well, then by all means, please do. :p

#11415 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm playing eversion that I recently got for, what, 50 cents? It's... it's kind of just mario...an early internety rip-off of Mario, from all I can tell.
Posted Image

#11416 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

I've done the same over the last few days. Scary, isn't it?

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#11417 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I'm playing eversion that I recently got for, what, 50 cents? It's... it's kind of just mario...an early internety rip-off of Mario, from all I can tell.

Okay, there is this whole other season-changing kind of mechanic but it still doesn't wow me. A controller might make it a little less aggravating.
Posted Image

#11418 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Fluff, your seasonal change of avatar reminded me, you need one of these:
Posted Image
:lol:

#11419 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Oh no, I've actually made progress in reducing my backlog in the last couple months by beating more Steam games than I bought. Oh the horror!

Heresy! Out with you! ^_~

Hmm, seems like we need to add another answer card to Cards Against Humanity:
I drink to forget ______.
indie game bundles

#11420 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I refuse to. I just treat it the same way I do my coffee purchases, except I actually have something to show for afterwards. ;)

As long as I'm within my monthly budget, nothing to worry about for me.

#11421 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Heresy! Out with you! ^_~

Hmm, seems like we need to add another answer card to Cards Against Humanity:
I drink to forget ______.
indie game bundles

Have you ordered your holiday pack? :bouncy:
Posted Image

#11422 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

And I just saw that you went back and left me feedback for a bundle group buy purchase in May. Thank you. It was much appreciated. Though I should probably point out that you already left me feedback for that transaction. lol

If you'd like to pay me a second time as well, then by all means, please do. :p

Oops, I could have sworn I did not. Well, if you ever host more gala bundles, I'm first on the list then :D

#11423 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Fluff, your seasonal change of avatar reminded me, you need one of these:
Posted Image
:lol:

That's very.....phallic

#11424 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Your mom is selling games now too? ;) (Sorry, had too.)

Update OP plz

Cheapest I've seen it right now (retail) is from GetGamesGo for $38.50 (23% off). GMG has it for European customers I believe with the 30% off coupon but it doesn't show at all for NA buyers.

It's bundled with some new AMD video cards so you can find codes for sale in the trade forum or on eBay if you want to try that route.

#11425 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

A thought just ran through my head... I got back into PC gaming this year with the original Mass Effect since I had 2 & 3 only on PS3. So 1 game this spring has turned into 58+ currently. Considering I have well over 1000 hours into past playthroughs of Mass Effect 2 & 3 (on PS3) and Skyrim (on 360) alone (and I now have to replay on PC)...

...How in the hell am I supposed to find time to play through all this before the next sale?!

#11426 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

A thought just ran through my head... I got back into PC gaming this year with the original Mass Effect since I had 2 & 3 only on PS3. So 1 game this spring has turned into 58+ currently. Considering I have well over 1000 hours into past playthroughs of Mass Effect 2 & 3 (on PS3) and Skyrim (on 360) alone (and I now have to replay on PC)...

...How in the hell am I supposed to find time to play through all this before the next sale?!

I've realized that I seem to collect games more than I play them. Currently the GF and I are playing SWToR in FTP mode - and that is it.. I haven't played any other game in @ 3 weeks :(

#11427 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I think it's fantastic to have so many choices, and a growing backlog is, typically, the result of extremely reasonable prices on even newly-released titles. (Though applicable to Steam, this can be extended to websites with great offers that include Steam Keys.)

One solution is to simply play the games one has fun with - There's no reason to feel an obligation to every single game. That leads all kinds of madness. Glennfrank's post is an excellent example - If Star Wars: The Old Republic is fun, then that is the game that gets his [and his girlfriend's] attention. The fact that it's Free-to-Play, and, thus, acquired with no cost, has no bearing on the entertainment aspect.

It is a great privilege to have all these games as part of a Steam account, but it's not worth obsessing over. Free time only gets more elusive as life goes on, so it makes sense to spend that time wisely.

Shote, so much SERIOUS BUSINESS.

#11428 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Oh! I am not really obsessing over it, it's just odd to me. I mean I was so excited to get Dishonored for Xbox360 @ $25 on a Black Friday sale at Amazon- yet it's still sealed, lol. I LOVED playing the witcher 2, yet I seem to have stalled in it in chapter 2. I have a ton of "I'm going to play this next!" games, but I don't seem to get around to them (Walking Dead, Prototype 2, etc).
Instead, I leave CAG tabs open on my browser most of the day and check them for awesome deals! :)

The more I think about this though, the more I am thinking that I am just in a "MMO rut", and that I will grow a bit tired with SWToR over time and start playing other games again. That is, until the Secret World goes free to play as well! :)

#11429 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm on a game purchasing moratorium probably until January with the Amazon editor's choice sales but we'll see how much I play between now and Christmas. I suppose it's fortunate that there isn't much out there that I'm interested in and don't already own. But I bought some recent AAA titles lately and intend to have them played before I'm thinking "Huh, so that's $5 now? I thought it was a great deal when I paid $18 for it..."

I still enjoy seeing/finding great deals though and get a little bit of a fix by passing them along to other people rather than buying them myself. Maybe I can just collect deals instead of the games :D

#11430 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

You can only make a dent in it. Once I realized I had so many games I tried playing them to completion as often as possible and also stopped buying indie bundles since half of them are games I will never want to play to completion.

I have beaten roughly 110 games in the last 3 years (I didn't have a job the first year so I beat 52 games in that year alone and I still do play games multiplayer games) and that doesn't even meet the amount of games I have gained in the last 3 years. That also isn't counting all the games I got prior to that time. Oh, and really I started doing the beat the games to completion thing because I realized I just wasn't enjoying games as much as I used to so I changed up how I played them.