Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11521 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Anyone still interested in a Brazen Prototype key?
:)

Thanks for the smile.

#11522 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hell, it damn sure isn't worth the unending freeze Steam does when you try to redeem a code.

Y'know, I have Steam running from an SSD and I rarely run into this freeze, if it makes any difference. Obviously it always lags for a second or two (nothing like the lightning-instant-fast Desura redeemer), but hardly ever any long freezes.

TQ is a great co-op experience! 2-6 players in one server!

Is TQ multiplayer on Steam no fuss and set up? I recall that the GamersGate version required Hamachi or whatever that program was called to get it working...

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11523 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the smile.

Glad some people are getting it. Guess I hid them too well.

#11524 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

I guess you did.

;)

#11525 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

ROFL I just got spam from Blizzard, a 50% off WoW Mounts this weekend. I don't recall them doing that before. I have a bad feeling that these were flooded by Sandy. ^_~

#11526 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I guess you did.

;)

Posted Image

#11527 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Ha I didn't notice that the first time I saw it... anyway thanks for the drool! :drool:

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#11528 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

:drool:

:bouncy:

Bouncy for me! Thanks! As much as I love DF and HB, I have a super limited budget for now.

#11529 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

If anyone wants to try out (or already plays) the F2P game District 187: Sin Streets, Alienware Arena is having some sort of promotion right now where you can get a free $5 worth of in game credit.

Alienware Arena District 187 promotion here.

The game doesn't look too bad from what I saw, and the customization looks pretty spiffy.

Pretty detailed review over here.

And it's also available on Steam. I'm not sure whether you can get the promotion through Steam though...

Steam page here.

Gonna look into it myself. Probably won't bother if I can't install it with Steam and get the promotion though.

EDIT: Looks like the game is only 587MB to download. That says a bit about the graphics... but at the same time I'm glad that it will be a quick install if the game ends up sucking.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11530 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

The problem was they were in plain sight. Who would think to look there?

Not me, unfortunately. Thanks, though.

#11531 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

:drool:

:bouncy:

nice :lol:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#11532 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

ROFL I just got spam from Blizzard, a 50% off WoW Mounts this weekend. I don't recall them doing that before. I have a bad feeling that these were flooded by Sandy. ^_~

Half off virtual pets is their idea of a massive sale!

#11533 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Is it really as fun as everyone is making it out to be?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a puzzle game with action sequences really. Most people I've seen that complain about it go in thinking it is a pure action game when you really can't just go balls to the wall crazy all the time. The music is awesome too.

That's kind of what I did. I expected Loaded, basically. Loved that game. It took me a few round before I realized what it wanted me to do. So I'm disappointed a bit in that it isn't what I expected, but I also don't have any other game quite like it so I'm happy about the purchase.

OMG THE LEGACY OF KAIN SERIES IS ON STEAM NOW!!!!!
WOHOOOOO!

I'd love to see Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain on Steam.

76561197971332172.png

#11534 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Half off virtual pets is their idea of a massive sale!

No it's 50% off vanity mounts. Vanity pets are full price.

#11535 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

No it's 50% off vanity mounts. Vanity pets are full price.

Well they can't put too much on sale or everyone might become spoiled.

Edited by Kaltic, 07 December 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#11536 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Bleh. Apparently the SR3 DLC key I won on SteamGifts post summer sale has been redeemed by someone else. Ah well.
Posted Image

#11537 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thank you Dr Sasquatch. I greatly appreciate it.

if its still available, yes please :)

#11538 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

FireFall Cinematic:

FireFall gameplay #1:

Beta key (quote to view). Also, when you use this key to register, you can create five more keys to distribute on the forums.

#11539 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Looks interesting. The code you inserted is giving an invalid product code though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11540 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Looks interesting. The code you inserted is giving an invalid product code though.

It worked.

It wasn't a steam code, though.

You had to register it on Firefall's site. ;)

Thanks Blade!

#11541 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, I didn't specify that it's not on Steam.

I created a thread about it with 3 other codes if you're interested. You get 5 beta invites when you register, so everyone who wants to try it should be able to.

#11542 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Bleh. Apparently the SR3 DLC key I won on SteamGifts post summer sale has been redeemed by someone else. Ah well.

Same here. Boogers!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11543 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Yeah, I didn't specify that it's not on Steam.

I created a thread about it with 3 other codes if you're interested. You get 5 beta invites when you register, so everyone who wants to try it should be able to.

Ah, no worries then. I'll forget about it if it isn't on Steam, so let it go to someone who will play it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11544 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

I didn't have a problem with Binary Domain, but this problem with triggers working the camera sometimes happens with the older Assassin's Creed games also. There's some kind of config file that you put into a folder that fixes it for AC.

Any more info on that?

Speaking of backlog, starting on KoA.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11545 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Is there any way to see how games that are on Greenlight are doing?

I've just spent the past 20 minutes watching videos for games and voting for what looks good, but I can't seem to find any place to see how games are doing. On a couple of games, I've seen the devs posting that their game is now in the top 100 or the top 50, but that's the closest that I can get to knowing how a game is doing. There's gotta be a place, right?

#11546 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hotline Miami is now $5 on Amazon. Hopefully this price stays into January so we can get it free... worth keeping an eye on.

#11547 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hotline Miami is now $5 on Amazon. Hopefully this price stays into January so we can get it free... worth keeping an eye on.

That's why I'm not picking it up now. ;)

And yes, first on my list, among many others I'll be watching for in January.

#11548 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

It's just a price match. There's no chance that it lasts until January.

There is, however, a very good chance that you'll be able to pick the game up for a buck or two (or maybe even for free) due to Amazon's sale price, or because of another price match of a deal in January. The steam sale extends in to January this year (I believe it was leaked that is is Dec 20 to Jan 04). If we're lucky, Hotline Miami wont be a daily until Jan. Then if Amazon price matches it again (and they will) then we'll probably be able to get the game for free.

EDIT: The above assumes that you have at least one $5 promo credit from Amazon. Most regs already know that, but I figured that I should point it out in case we have any newbies checking out this thread.

#11549 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

[quote name='asheskitty']I would point one at the $20 D&D Anthology on GG I picked this up in Feb for ~$7. It's DRM FREE.]/quote]

Pretty sure that was on it's way to Steam before, but it didn't make it there before Atari lost the rights to the D&D games. It then got pulled from GG etc, but it has made a return there, and I believe there was some new activity on the BG end and now PST on Steam side so I imagine they might still be pushing it through with the new publisher (Wizards of the Coast).

Either way, the D&D Anthology pack is miles above any price deal you'll ever get on GOG. It was $6.50~ on sale for BG1&2, IWD 1&2, TOEE and PST.

And they're adapted versions of the GOG installers so they're just as compatible. Still waiting for it to come to Steam myself (and get a sale of course)

#11550 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I would point one at the $20 D&D Anthology on GG I picked this up in Feb for ~$7. It's DRM FREE.]/Quote]

Pretty sure that was on it's way to Steam before, but it didn't make it there before Atari lost the rights to the D&D games. It then got pulled from GG etc, but it has made a return there, and I believe there was some new activity on the BG end and now PST on Steam side so I imagine they might still be pushing it through with the new publisher (Wizards of the Coast).

Either way, the D&D Anthology pack is miles above any price deal you'll ever get on GOG. It was $6.50~ on sale for BG1&2, IWD 1&2, TOEE and PST.

And they're adapted versions of the GOG installers so they're just as compatible. Still waiting for it to come to Steam myself (and get a sale of course)

Fantastic, I was kicking myself for not buying this collection but now since it's back, I will have to sometime. Hopefully the print more physical copies.

Also I highly recommend Far Cry 3. Such a great game and it fixes every bad part about Far Cry 2.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly