Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11551 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Is there any way to see how games that are on Greenlight are doing?

I've just spent the past 20 minutes watching videos for games and voting for what looks good, but I can't seem to find any place to see how games are doing. On a couple of games, I've seen the devs posting that their game is now in the top 100 or the top 50, but that's the closest that I can get to knowing how a game is doing. There's gotta be a place, right?

Not unless the developer/publisher/whoever posted the game comments on it, no. They can see the rankings but regular users cannot.

#11552 Peroxide

Peroxide

The One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Is there any way to see how games that are on Greenlight are doing?

I've just spent the past 20 minutes watching videos for games and voting for what looks good, but I can't seem to find any place to see how games are doing. On a couple of games, I've seen the devs posting that their game is now in the top 100 or the top 50, but that's the closest that I can get to knowing how a game is doing. There's gotta be a place, right?

http://www.shrewdlog.../greenlight.htm

That's the best we get.

peroxidex.png
"Im a gamer & i would love to get my girl into gaming coz our future will be perfect is she is into gaming"
Steam Gifts, Keys, Xbox 360 Codes and more

#11553 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Also I highly recommend Far Cry 3. Such a great game and it fixes every bad part about Far Cry 2.

Like the lack of random tiger attacks. I swear, Greenpeace could come and repopulate the rest of Asia & India with the cats on this island and still leave a healthy tiger population behind :D

#11554 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

OMG THE LEGACY OF KAIN SERIES IS ON STEAM NOW!!!!!
WOHOOOOO!
I predicted this would happen after I saw the old tomb raider games get added, since theyre from the same developer.

good job steam. good job
A+

Almost, but not quite my friend. Neither Blood Omens are on Steam yet. Blood Omen 1 doesn't surprise me, but lacking Blood Omen 2? That's a bit of a shock.

#11555 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Also I highly recommend Far Cry 3. Such a great game and it fixes every bad part about Far Cry 2.

I want to buy this for sure, just trying to control myself and wait til after I finish Hitman and Dishonored.

#11556 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm thrilled that I got the DRM-Free versions off GOG during their last big Square-Enix sale, and I think it's great that the Soul Reaver titles have shown up on Steam, as well. (I believe the GOG sale price for each of the Soul Reaver titles was $2.39, which was/is excellent.)

It's a shame that the Blood Omen games are absent - I believe GOG has Blood Omen 2, but not 1. Does anyone know why the original Blood Omen is held up? (For example, the possibility that it's a Windows 95 port that doesn't play nicely with any other iterations of Windows? In that regard, Konami PC ports, like Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of Destiny, come to mind.)

#11557 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm thrilled that I got the DRM-Free versions off GOG during their last big Square-Enix sale, and I think it's great that the Soul Reaver titles have shown up on Steam, as well. (I believe the GOG sale price for each of the Soul Reaver titles was $2.39, which was/is excellent.)

It's a shame that the Blood Omen games are absent - I believe GOG has Blood Omen 2, but not 1. Does anyone know why the original Blood Omen is held up? (For example, the possibility that it's a Windows 95 port that doesn't play nicely with any other iterations of Windows? In that regard, Konami PC ports, like Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of Destiny, come to mind.)

I have the GoG versions but would love to have the Steam versions just so I can have a Steam-based copy. I guess I'll double dip during the winter sale.

#11558 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Not unless the developer/publisher/whoever posted the game comments on it, no. They can see the rankings but regular users cannot.

http://www.shrewdlog.../greenlight.htm

That's the best we get.

Alright, thanks guys. For some reason I though I heard people talking about how certain games were doing. I thought that there was an actual page on steam where you could check.

#11559 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Almost, but not quite my friend. Neither Blood Omens are on Steam yet. Blood Omen 1 doesn't surprise me, but lacking Blood Omen 2? That's a bit of a shock.

Really? Blood Omen 2 is easily the lowest point for the series.

#11560 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Really? Blood Omen 2 is easily the lowest point for the series.

Yes, but, as nerds, we sometimes get the impulse to be completionists. Take, for example, the good Captain's post:

I have the GoG versions but would love to have the Steam versions just so I can have a Steam-based copy. I guess I'll double dip during the winter sale.

Captainslow is willing to pay double just to keep his Steam Library as accurate as possible. Thus, it's a good example of how we CAGs sometimes function.

#11561 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Well yes, I understand that part, I just was a bit flabbergasted that someone understood the game that launched the series being missing was okay, but the worst entry in the series being missing was shocking.

#11562 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Well yes, I understand that part, I just was a bit flabbergasted that someone understood the game that launched the series being missing was okay, but the worst entry in the series being missing was shocking.

:)

I meant that I could understand that an ancient game that launched on windows 95 wasn't on Steam (for technical reasons) but the game that was created around the same time as Defiance wasn't there. It didn't have anything to do with quality, it was from a technical standpoint.

#11563 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hotline Miami is now $5 on Amazon. Hopefully this price stays into January so we can get it free... worth keeping an eye on.

haha i wish it does stay at 5 bucks in january!!

#11564 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

haha i wish it does stay at 5 bucks in january!!

What date do they start working? Steam winter sale runs until January 4th and assuming it's on sale then and Amazon matches prices it may happen.

#11565 Mrhankyspj

Mrhankyspj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I love that FTL and Hotline Miami are on sale on steam this weekend, however I have a burning feeling that one or possibly both may be in an upcoming Humble Bundle.

Most hot indie games end up in Humble Bundles, FTL has a close relationship with Humble Bundle as they sell their game through them, Hotline Miami has been going on sale a lot recently, and it is confirmed that they are working on Hotline Miami 2- which putting it in a bundle makes sense to get people hyped for the second one....

I also read somewhere that the man behind Humble Bundle said that we can expect one more Humble Bundle before the year ends. (Don't remember source- remember reading when people were complaining about the THQ bundle being a thing)

Anyone feel they may not be? I'd love the games but I can wait.

#11566 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Today's Daily Deal is "Check vs Mate" for $4.99 (75% off).

#11567 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Okay I'll just put out the obligatory what is the DRM situation with this game question here.

#11568 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I recall reviews of Check vs Mate painting it as a really poor Battlechess knockoff. In Battle Chess, every combat is unique, i.e. pawn takes pawn is different from pawn takes bishop. In Check vs Mate most battles are the same, i.e. pawn take pawn is the same as pawn takes bishop. You would be better off snagging Battle Chess Special Edition from GoG ($6 list, $2.39 on sale).

#11569 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Okay I'll just put out the obligatory what is the DRM situation with this game question here.

Hahaha, I should keep that in mind when posting Daily Deals. A cursory glance at the Product Page for Check vs Mate shows that no additional DRM is in place. (Besides Steam itself, that is.) If I missed it, feel free to correct me.

#11570 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I love that FTL and Hotline Miami are on sale on steam this weekend, however I have a burning feeling that one or possibly both may be in an upcoming Humble Bundle.

Most hot indie games end up in Humble Bundles, FTL has a close relationship with Humble Bundle as they sell their game through them, Hotline Miami has been going on sale a lot recently, and it is confirmed that they are working on Hotline Miami 2- which putting it in a bundle makes sense to get people hyped for the second one....

I also read somewhere that the man behind Humble Bundle said that we can expect one more Humble Bundle before the year ends. (Don't remember source- remember reading when people were complaining about the THQ bundle being a thing)

Anyone feel they may not be? I'd love the games but I can wait.

The end of Humble's THQ video said HIB 7 is coming in three weeks.

#11571 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Is this the game that got removed from steam within 24 hours of it going on sale due to some legal or copyright issue? If I'm thinking of the right game, it's obviously back on steam.

#11572 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is this the game that got removed from steam within 24 hours of it going on sale due to some legal or copyright issue? If I'm thinking of the right game, it's obviously back on steam.

Yeah. It returned to Steam, and I think had a discount, within a week or two of that incident.

#11573 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

It is, and you are. It was originally called Battle vs Chess which got them in trouble with the Battle Chess people. IIRC, the multiplayer was also completely broken at launch and checking the discussion hub, was still broken as of early October.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#11574 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I don't know if the US gets the same GreenManGaming daily deals as the UK, but these two popped up today:

Miner Wars 2081 - £3.12, or £2.34 with the code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - £2.48 or £1.86 with the code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

Both are 75% off. The coupon knocks another 25% off the balance, making it effectively 81%(?, maybe, my maths sucks today) off.

I bagged Miner Wars, but Batman looks to be as cheap as I've seen it individually. Both register on Steam (although you have to go through MW's site for that one).

#11575 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Still might be worth a fiver to me for a modern update to Battle Chess. I'll probably decide later.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11576 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Just wanted to note, I received my emailed Desura key for Waking Mars a couple of hours ago. Rather than the contact writing me back, it was a message sent by Desura itself that the game had been gifted to me.

#11577 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Still might be worth a fiver to me for a modern update to Battle Chess. I'll probably decide later.

I think I'll jump on this, I remember fondly the classic battle chess. Understandably this probably dosent hold up as well, really wish it would be more of an update to battle chess in regards the animiation. But I figure for 5 bucks my brain could use some exersice.
Posted Image

#11578 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy added to Big Picture Celebration sale. $4.99 (50% off)

#11579 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Just wanted to note, I received my emailed Desura key for Waking Mars a couple of hours ago. Rather than the contact writing me back, it was a message sent by Desura itself that the game had been gifted to me.

Yeah, I got my copy too. Same way that you got it. Luckily I used the same email address to contact them that was used to create my Desura account.

#11580 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy added to Big Picture Celebration sale. $4.99 (50% off)

Nice! But still holding out for 75% off. I am a CAG, after all. 8-)