Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11611 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Edit: I didn't noticed the pic-link. It's the same game.

How confusing. There was an earlier Toilet Tycoon, #6 worst game of all time pcgamer.com.

They apparently re-released it as a digital download recently. The webpage for it (A Wordpress blog no less!) says "20 years of (s)hit". :lol:

http://toilettycoon.wordpress.com/

Do you know the management game Toilet Tycoon? No? Why not? Maybe you’re too young or you don’t live in Europe. Whatever… the famous classic game Toilet Tycoon now returns as a download version.

“The strangest economic simulation ever“ (says the gaming magazine PC GAMES) is back! After some silent years the German indiegames developer Anvil-Soft now blows the horns for a digital attack: “The time of the Sleeping Beauty is over”, says CEO Matthias Hofmann, “We’re ready to make the whole world happy with our fantastic game Toilet Tycoon. And that’s just the beginning!”

Much more is coming!
There is already a way to buy and download Toilet Tycoon in the new Anvil-Soft online shop. But CEO Matthias Hofman has bigger plans: “We’ve entered into negotiations with some download portals around the world. Until now Toilet Tycoon and the Klomanager have only been available in some parts of Europe, but we’ll change this soon!”

Download portals meaning Gamersgate and Amazon so far.

#11612 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

The new Bioshock Infinite screens look so enticing. They're out there in the usual websites. After skimming the articles I wish I hadn't. Some of the details are laid out incredibly plainly and I wish I'd just experience them without knowing.

Anyway, I made this little screen grab from one of the new shots so don't look if you don't want any environmental storytelling early.

Spoiler

Yeah, this media blitz on BS:I is crazy...
I am having trouble keeping up w/ it all...

#11613 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

I should finish the first Bioshock some time, especially now that I have it on Steam. I played a good way into it years ago while our Internet was down for a few days, but went right back to WoW when it was restored. DARK TIMES.

Infinite looks great, but I wouldn't play it before finishing 1 and maybe 2, so it's hard to get excited.

#11614 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Oh those wacky Germans*

*Disclaimer: Just because the writing in the video is in German and the game is about scheisse does not guarantee that the people who made it are in fact of the German nationality and that is purely conjecture on my part. :-P

Speaking roughly, there are 80 millions Germans, and another 10-15 German speaking peoples in Europe. It's the sole official Language in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein. About 70% of Switzerland is German speaking.* Luxembourg also has a German speaking majority. Belgium has a sizable German speaking population, and it is one of the official languages. There are German speaking regions in Denmark, Poland, Czech, Italy, Hungary, & Romania. There are also around 5 million German speakers in the USA, 3 mil in Brazil, and 1.5 mil in Argentina.

*A while back I was looking for a map with this distribution, I had googled "German speaking Switzerland". It used to be that the #1 google result was this PhD thesis, Sexual Behavior in German-Speaking Switzerland which showed:
  • around 50% practiced sexual stimulation by means of drugs
  • More than 80% of the participants were of the opinion that homosexuality is permissible
  • 25% of the women and more than 6% of the men have been forced to sexual acts

#11615 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Speaking roughly, there are 80 millions Germans, and another 10-15 German speaking peoples in Europe. It's the sole official Language in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein. About 70% of Switzerland is German speaking.* Luxembourg also has a German speaking majority. Belgium has a sizable German speaking population, and it is one of the official languages. There are German speaking regions in Denmark, Poland, Czech, Italy, Hungary, & Romania. There are also around 5 million German speakers in the USA, 3 mil in Brazil, and 1.5 mil in Argentina.

*A while back I was looking for a map with this distribution, I had googled "German speaking Switzerland". It used to be that the #1 google result was this PhD thesis, Sexual Behavior in German-Speaking Switzerland which showed:

• More than 80% of the participants were of the opinion that homosexuality is permissible

I have no use for this information.

#11616 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I should finish the first Bioshock some time, especially now that I have it on Steam. I played a good way into it years ago while our Internet was down for a few days, but went right back to WoW when it was restored. DARK TIMES.

Infinite looks great, but I wouldn't play it before finishing 1 and maybe 2, so it's hard to get excited.

=D Same boat. I have BS1 from retail, and now BS1&2 Steam keys from Amazon. Still haven't gotten far into BS1.

That, and a good sale. I've never paid more than $5 for Bioshock (even at retail), why start now?

#11617 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Same here. I think I'm about halfway through the first game (not sure why I keep stopping). It's really a wonderful, engaging game. I don't think any other entry in the series is going to capture my interest quite as much, but I look forward to playing them all the same (already have 2, will wait for an under $10 price on Infinite eventually). They've got that Stalker meets 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea thing going on, or maybe 20,000 Leagues Above the Sea soon...

Also thought it was worth noting that Mabinogi is on Steam now. Another F2P MMORPG, but one that I've actually spent a good deal of time on before in the past. There's a ridiculous amount of content and customization on the game, and the community is almost always really friendly and helpful. There's even a music system where you can use a program to create your own tracks and then play them in game on various instruments (you'll hear lots of people covering real songs and playing them in game sometimes).

All in all, really rich and well made game. Simple battle system, but it works very well and welcomes new players as well as old. It also utilizes its F2P nature very well by not ramming the buyable content down your throat as necessary. There's so much you can do with the game besides what you have to buy. Just remember that the "card" you get to create your first character is vital, because it allows much more (or all) the different facial options and whatnot, whereas the free character creation cards only allow you certain options (still a fair amount).

Definitely installing it now. :D

EDIT: Oh, those Germans and their poo...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11618 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

• 6% of the men have been forced to sexual acts

6% sounds about 5.9% too high...

#11619 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

I had not run into a single issue with The Walking Dead until I upgraded to Windows 8. After some browsing on the Steam and Telltale forums I was able to fix the save game and gamepad problems. Thankfully I had my save games backed up.

#11620 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

For all of you procrastinating on BS, may I suggest a wrench only run. I've played through BS many times and the wrench only runs have proved (for me) the most enjoyable. I find that I use plasmids (and tonics) I usually didn't and used them in more tactical ways.

#11621 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

For all of you procrastinating on BS, may I suggest a wrench only run. I've played through BS many times and the wrench only runs have proved (for me) the most enjoyable. I find that I use plasmids (and tonics) I usually didn't and used them in more tactical ways.

Thanks! I'll consider it.

#11622 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Okay finally finished my indie bundle spreadsheet. Since the first humble bundle, I have spent $227 on 306 steam games, of which I have activated 123 on steam. The rest of the keys are still sitting there until I want to play the games.

#11623 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Oh the things you learn on this forum.

I am more curious about the wacko simulator fetishes though.

Every time I think I have come across the most ridiculous one, another even more ridiculous one comes along. They really do like games that simulate things. Everything. It seems that nothing is too mundane, tedious, private or smelly for a simulator.

EDIT: Oh, those Germans and their poo...

Scheisse. It's called scheisse.

As in 'Das is Steam key? SCHEISSE!'

Okay finally finished my indie bundle spreadsheet. Since the first humble bundle, I have spent $227 on 306 steam games, of which I have activated 123 on steam. The rest of the keys are still sitting there until I want to play the games.

That blows my mind and I have every respect for that sort of mentality but it is just way too much work and too much to keep track of for me.

I'm lazy. Though I would probably play a game that was a simulator about someone who was very anal with his organizing his digital game collection. As long as I didn't have to do it with my own collection. :lol:

#11624 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Yeah, this media blitz on BS:I is crazy...
I am having trouble keeping up w/ it all...

***snip***

I find it interesting how people are going on and on about Elizabeth's looks and design changing. Her character in the blue isn't that different from the white. The real change up shown in the new screens is
Spoiler

Hmm, maybe, but I can't visualize it yet because I haven't finished BS so I don't know all the tools.

Edited by pantsattack, 08 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#11625 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Wrench is ridiculously overpowered in Bioshock anyway.

#11626 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Wrench is ridiculously overpowered in Bioshock anyway.

I remember getting the Brass Balls achievement in the 360 version. I played through the entire game and only used the wrench. And people said that achievement was tough. Pffft . . .

#11627 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

I was using the wrench most of the time anyways... and I got tired of it because it felt too easy. I've heard plasmid only runs are the way to go.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11628 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Oh the things you learn on this forum.

I am more curious about the wacko simulator fetishes though.

Every time I think I have come across the most ridiculous one, another even more ridiculous one comes along. They really do like games that simulate things. Everything. It seems that nothing is too mundane, tedious, private or smelly for a simulator.

Spoiler

Well there was the darker take the Tamagotchi I think I first ran across in '98. Virtual Pet Slave Girl.

In this alternative parody version of digital pet games - intended exclusively for BDSM adults - the pet is a Slave Girl. The objective of the present game consists of increasing the slave girl's resistance to pain, humiliation and suffering, and increasing her lust! Push her to the limits!!

NSFW link to more info
Spoiler

#11629 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Hey, guys, what's going on in h......

#11630 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Please, don't....

#11631 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

I can see why this would be appealing. The game, what I saw of it, really did a good job of offering a choice in how to tackle different encounters, and limiting oneself should go well in proving challenging without proving impossible.

I remember the first big boss battle, as I saw it, against the plastic surgeon
Spoiler
. I defeated him like I was playing a Doom-alike, running and gunning. After killing him, I then took the time to take in the multilevel room and saw where the different plasmids could have been used tactically with the terrain. When I restart, I'm definitely doing that one differently.

#11632 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Well there was the darker take the Tamagotchi I think I first ran across in '98. Virtual Pet Slave Girl.

NSFW link to more info

Spoiler

Click the pic. Not sure whether or not the picture linked by the picture below is NSFW. Still trying to figure it out.

Spoiler

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11633 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Thank you both. I can now launch the game with my controller plugged in, and I got my save files back. Hopefully that prefs.prop thing will work for me. I'll try it next time I launch the game.

It should work. Oddly enough this is a cross-platform issue as I've seen complaints on the Telltale forums from Xbox users of the same issue. I had this problem myself, but only once--between chapters three and four. I used the file copy fix and it worked. I know it's aggravating but the game is worth it.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11634 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I don't think I could do a wrench only run in Bioshock. I already die alot as is lol.

Dark Souls 2 announced

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#11635 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I don't think I could do a wrench only run in Bioshock. I already die alot as is lol.

Dark Souls 2 announced

So hoping Dark Souls 2 winds up on the PC.

And thanks for reminding me I need to go get killed again by Capra Demon in Dark Souls: PTD.

#11636 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Dark Souls 2 announced

Dark Souls 2 announced

#11637 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Can anyone recall if Two Worlds II : GOTY Edition has hit $7.50 on Steam yet? Gamefly has it for $7.99, but I think I'm getting Steam OCD...
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#11638 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Can anyone recall if Two Worlds II : GOTY Edition has hit $7.50 on Steam yet? Gamefly has it for $7.99, but I think I'm getting Steam OCD...

It's been less than a dollar before, the velvet edition. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11639 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Velvet edition was 17 cents a couple of weeks ago.

#11640 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

man, I miss all the good glitches...
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]