Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11761 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I just got cursed in Dark Souls: PTD....
:(

Down in the sewers I got cursed 4 times in a row once. (Got kinda sloppy with my gameplay.) Let me tell you, that SUCKS! And previously I thought the worst thing in the game up to that point was losing all my souls at the end of a level. Nope, curse sucks more.

#11762 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Down in the sewers I got cursed 4 times in a row once. (Got kinda sloppy with my gameplay.) Let me tell you, that SUCKS! And previously I thought the worst thing in the game up to that point was losing all my souls at the end of a level. Nope, curse sucks more.

I just broke the curse, a few minutes ago! :D

Spoiler

#11763 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Spoiler

You Dark Souls people are all fucking insane.

#11764 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

P.S. Is Space Channel 5 suffering from the same treatment?

I can report that it's between Sonic Adventure DX and Jet Set Radio, in terms of quality. Like Sonic Adventure DX, Space Channel 5 Part 2 only has keyboard prompts (My 360 gamepad seems to be mapped intuitively, however.) and selecting Full Screen in the Config tool results in a window. (Changing the FULL_SCREEN setting in the "config.ini" file makes no difference.) However, like Jet Set Radio, Widescreen is supported.

Overall, if it's the only way one can play Space Channel 5 Part 2, then it could be worse.

#11765 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Spoiler

Yep, sounds VERY familiar. Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to starting this all over again on PC. After going through Blighttown on PS3, I said to myself "Never again am I going down hear!".

#11766 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I just realized there's no PC port for Fight Night R4 or Champion. sad day

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#11767 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

You Dark Souls people are all fucking insane.

Don't you want to join us in the insanity? ;)

#11768 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Whee! Despite my recent purchases, what I am I play atm? NFS: Underground 2. With widescreen fixes (running at 1920x1200), a new (2011) texture pack, and ENB, *sweet*. It's a lovely step up from the NFS:U2 I played the Fuck outta on PS2.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11769 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Yep, sounds VERY familiar. Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to starting this all over again on PC. After going through Blighttown on PS3, I said to myself "Never again am I going down hear!".

I think if you take the master key you actually CAN skip blight town.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#11770 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Lurker here.

You can skip Upper Blighttown without the Masterkey.

Just go through Darkroot Basin --> Valley of Drakes --> into the back side of Blighttown

Also, played Dark Souls for 100's of hours on PS3...just started the PC version.

My steam id is "crzytimes"...I'm SL 25 on my first character now...stuck at the Capra Demon...forgot how bad he sucks on a fresh account.

#11771 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

You only skip about 2/3 of Blighttown - the horrible, platforming part. But you don't get to skip the swamp. Master key lets you open the gate in the New Londo Ruins that goes to the Valley of the Drakes and then to to top of the other side of Blighttown

#11772 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Whee! Despite my recent purchases, what I am I play atm? NFS: Underground 2. With widescreen fixes (running at 1920x1200), a new (2011) texture pack, and ENB, *sweet*. It's a lovely step up from the NFS:U2 I played the Fuck outta on PS2.

I unfortunately never played the NFS:UG games.
I wish EA would re-release NFS: Underground 1 + 2 onto Origin and other digital stores.

#11773 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

I unfortunately never played the NFS:UG games.
I wish EA would re-release NFS: Underground 1 + 2 onto Origin and other digital stores.

The oldest I've seen on digital download is ProStreet (the one after Carbon). I *finally* picked up ProStreet on Origin for $4 a few months back. Hilariously the widescreen mod requires the cracked version of the 1.2 patch of NFS:U2. You can pickup the older PC releases for cheap on fleabay. It's been a very long time since I played Underground 1, but I feel that Underground 2 is far superior. The vibe (and mods available) seem to agree with that. NFS:U1 wasn't bad, it's just that NFS:U2 defined the open-world racer. The only gripe with NFS:U2 is that you really have to drive across the map to start an event (whereas, NFS:MW, Burnout:Paradise, and more recent titles allow you to drive or menu to an event). Okay okay, the minor side-bit times on certain streets in Burnout Paradise did require you to drive to the start (yes, I did play Burnout Paradise to death).

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#11774 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Reign: Conflict of Nations

Spoiler

#11775 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Reign: Conflict of Nations

Spoiler

Grabbed this, thanks!

#11776 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Huh, looks like Dead Pixels is on steam now. I wonder if those of us who bought the IndieRoyale Graduation bundle will get steam keys.

#11777 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Huh, looks like Dead Pixels is on steam now. I wonder if those of us who bought the IndieRoyale Graduation bundle will get steam keys.

I would think we would.

#11778 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Developer confirmed it on the 'Discussions' thingy on the Steam Client.

#11779 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

The oldest I've seen on digital download is ProStreet (the one after Carbon). I *finally* picked up ProStreet on Origin for $4 a few months back. Hilariously the widescreen mod requires the cracked version of the 1.2 patch of NFS:U2. You can pickup the older PC releases for cheap on fleabay. It's been a very long time since I played Underground 1, but I feel that Underground 2 is far superior. The vibe (and mods available) seem to agree with that. NFS:U1 wasn't bad, it's just that NFS:U2 defined the open-world racer. The only gripe with NFS:U2 is that you really have to drive across the map to start an event (whereas, NFS:MW, Burnout:Paradise, and more recent titles allow you to drive or menu to an event). Okay okay, the minor side-bit times on certain streets in Burnout Paradise did require you to drive to the start (yes, I did play Burnout Paradise to death).

Thanks for the insight on NFS: Underground series.

The first PC version of a NFS game that I bought actually was NFS: Most Wanted (2005) - and I loved the hell out of that game. I also loved Carbon, I should note.

I have ProStreet, but never installed it, for some reason.

BTW - I thought Burnout Paradise was awesome and an absolute blast to play. :D

#11780 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Wow that looks gorgeous, you have the original copy for PC? Definitely one of my most played games on NGC.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#11781 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

I would think we would.

I think with how many developers have been giving out Steam keys once they hit Steam it must be a policy on Valve's end.

#11782 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Developer confirmed it on the 'Discussions' thingy on the Steam Client.

Link to relevant thread. :)

#11783 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

It seems like the only bundles for IndieRoyale I don't own are the ones that are adding games to Steam with keys.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#11784 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Wow that looks gorgeous, you have the original copy for PC? Definitely one of my most played games on NGC.

Thanks for the insight on NFS: Underground series.

The first PC version of a NFS game that I bought actually was NFS: Most Wanted (2005) - and I loved the hell out of that game. I also loved Carbon, I should note.

I have ProStreet, but never installed it, for some reason.

BTW - I thought Burnout Paradise was awesome and an absolute blast to play. :D

I'm playing from the DVD version of the PC release of NFS:U2. I understand there is/was a 2-CD release.

Version 1.2 patch
http://www.gamershel...load_8545.shtml

Version 1.2 c/k'd (required for the widescreen mod)
http://gamecopyworld...rground_2.shtml

Widescreen & FOV Mods
http://www.wsgf.org/...d-underground-2

Texture Mod and ENB
http://www.nfscars.n...ead.php?t=32188

Note that some versions sold on Amazon are the UK release that swap out the Honda Civic (meh) and Acura RSX (I liked this car IRL) for a Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa and Pugeot 106.

And set your speed2.exe to run in compatability as XP SP2, and run as Admin. Also to use the texture mod you have to run the texmod.exe every time and use it to launch the game. The ENB files should be copied to the game folder.

There are also NFS:MW(2005) texture and ENB mods on the same site. I have note tried them yet.

Edited by asheskitty, 09 December 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#11785 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Also, played Dark Souls for 100's of hours on PS3...just started the PC version.

Make sure you increase the DoF resolution in the resfix patch, at least once. It makes a huge difference to the appearance of the game world (for the better!). Just increasing the resolution makes a smaller impact.

#11786 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Aww, man. Got my hopes up. Someone already posted those a few pages back.

Ahhhh. My apologies. And here I thought I was being Mr. Helpful. Didn't see that Solid Snake Eyes had already posted it.

57j.gif

#11787 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hmm, winter sale started the 19th last year. Could be only 1.5 weeks away. I want Far Cry 3 now, but I feel like I have to wait at this point. 19th was a monday, closest monday to the 19th this year is the 17th. Hmm. Waiting til the next monday, the 24th would be a little late.

#11788 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

It starts the 20th -- the Secret of the Magic Crystals developer let it out of the bag along with the start date of the Autumn sale (so pretty much confirmed he was right).

#11789 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Is anyone else playing Don't Starve? I dropped a few hours into it tonight and it's pretty interesting, right up until a tree sprouts legs and starts lumbering toward you with a menacing scowl while you panic trying to remember which button is your spear.
Posted Image

#11790 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

It starts the 20th -- the Secret of the Magic Crystals developer let it out of the bag along with the start date of the Autumn sale (so pretty much confirmed he was right).

Less than 2 weeks... I can deal with it.