Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#12001 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

The main reason I am upset is that if I can't make future purchases, then I basically can not buy any DLC for any games I already own.
Making a new account is a huge hassle. I'd have to
-Rebuy games I already own if I want to buy DLC. Including $60 for Black Ops2 if I want to play any of the upcoming DLC maps
-Lose any progress that may apply from games that bind their account to steam account (like CoD unlocks)
-Lose all friends on my friend list and have to rebuild it
-Keep track of which games are on which account and constantly switch back and forth
-Lose my entire steam inventory, including TF2 items and any of those one-time exclusive items that I have

The account action I received is usually reserved for chargebacks and credit card fraud so I am completely confused why they did that to my account out of nowhere. I also haven't even traded in several months so I doubt I received some game that turned out to be fraudulently purchased, plus none of my games are missing from what I can tell. I guess all I can do is wait, but my previous tickets were not handled very well for minor issues compared to this. Usually they would post a non-related response and close my ticket like they didn't even read it.

Did you farm tf2 items by several 'idle' accounts to further trade in the past?
I've got a friend, who was farming tf2 items for a quite long time and suddenly he got banned just because of this ~3 months ago.

#12002 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

No.

Even at 4.29, you may dismiss your own instincts and say "hey, thats not that much."

Yea, its not that much. But dead island is a game that barely straddles the line of mediocrity. The game's reception has been met with much criticism to the repetitive nature, and that to truly enjoy the title co-op adds to the experience. With 4.29 you could get something off the steam winter day sales that are far superior.

Dead Island will be that game in your backlog you look months and years from now and regret buying. The inner completionist in you will say "I paid good money for that, I need to enjoy the game." Your time is worth more than this garbage game.

Preordered it and I can't agree with this at all. I had plenty of fun with it. I have 86 hours into the game. Most of that was single player.

#12003 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Did you farm tf2 items by several 'idle' accounts to further trade in the past?
I've got a friend, who was farming tf2 items for a quite long time and suddenly he got banned just because of this ~3 months ago.

Nah I'm not really into TF2, just the few times I do play I like having the items I've gotten over the years from prepurchases and all that. Mostly worthless stuff honestly.

#12004 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Death Rally 90% off coupon
http://remedygames.c...y-for-a-dollar/

#12005 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I did that, got the code, it added the coupon to my inventory, but when I try to buy the game (through the client) I get this: There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#12006 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Facebook account required. So I guess I wont be getting Death Rally for 90% off.

Thanks for posting though. I'm sure many others will be able to take advantage of the deal.

#12007 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I did that, got the code, it added the coupon to my inventory, but when I try to buy the game (through the client) I get this: There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Same. I think it's because it's on sale right now. We'll probably have to wait until it's regular price again.

Edit: it seems if you own Alan Wake, you get a permanent 15% discount. Remedy has contacted steam about this, so hopefully we'll be able to use the coupons in a day or two.

#12008 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Facebook account required. So I guess I wont be getting Death Rally for 90% off.

Thanks for posting though. I'm sure many others will be able to take advantage of the deal.

just make a fake FB account. I have one that I only use for stuff like this.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#12009 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Same. I think it's because it's on sale right now. We'll probably have to wait until it's regular price again.

It's not on sale. You're just seeing the loyalty discount. I don't have the discount because I don't own a Remedy game.

So if the reason that you can't buy is because of the loyalty discount, you'll never be able to buy it with the coupon.

EDIT: In the time it took me to type my response, it looks like you already figured it out.

#12010 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

No.

Even at 4.29, you may dismiss your own instincts and say "hey, thats not that much."

Yea, its not that much. But dead island is a game that barely straddles the line of mediocrity. The game's reception has been met with much criticism to the repetitive nature, and that to truly enjoy the title co-op adds to the experience. With 4.29 you could get something off the steam winter day sales that are far superior.

Dead Island will be that game in your backlog you look months and years from now and regret buying. The inner completionist in you will say "I paid good money for that, I need to enjoy the game." Your time is worth more than this garbage game.

Now tell me how you really feel about it.

I know it's not everyone's cup of coffee, but them be some harsh words for a game I actually love. Is it without flaws, no. Have I put over 120 hours into it, you bet. And ALL of that was solo play. I typically respect other peoples opinions. However, when the opinion does not include personal experience and touts "criticism" from other sources...well, that's not really an opinion at all...it's just parroting.

#12011 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Dead Island has flaws but... I mean... are you going to hold out for $2.50? An indie bundle?

Hey, maybe eventually it'll be in some Amazon bundle and average out to $2 a game :D

Reactions to the game seem to be so polarized that I still haven't bitten on it yet. Seems to be permanent backlog fodder for me since I have a hard time really mustering enthusiasm or excitement for a game so many people panned. Plus, it's on a constant sale slide (now $5 for GOTY) so while it may not get significantly cheaper, it'll certainly come around again and again at this price point.

#12012 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Edit: it seems if you own Alan Wake, you get a permanent 15% discount. Remedy has contacted steam about this, so hopefully we'll be able to use the coupons in a day or two.

An easy fix would be to use a different account to buy it on with the coupon (without having Alan Wake purchased on it), and gift that copy to your main account.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, but it beats waiting.

#12013 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Dead Island has flaws but... I mean... are you going to hold out for $2.50? An indie bundle?

Honestly it wouldn't shock me. Most other European publishers have had their games in bundles at this point and Deep Silver did put Risen on VOID which is more is less giving it away in exchange for some ad revenue from Gamersgate.

I imagine once they've run Dead Island GOTY on Steam for $5 once or twice and have saturated their sales at that price the only place left to go is a bundle.

Hey, maybe eventually it'll be in some Amazon bundle and average out to $2 a game :D

Reactions to the game seem to be so polarized that I still haven't bitten on it yet. Seems to be permanent backlog fodder for me since I have a hard time really mustering enthusiasm or excitement for a game so many people panned. Plus, it's on a constant sale slide (now $5 for GOTY) so while it may not get significantly cheaper, it'll certainly come around again and again at this price point.

I'm pretty much the same. I almost got it from GMG yesterday but realistically it's not high on my list and I won't play it right away so I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

An easy fix would be to use a different account to buy it on with the coupon (without having Alan Wake purchased on it), and gift that copy to your main account.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, but it beats waiting.

Meh, that's a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll just wait and see if they fix it. Way to support your past customers Remedy. :-P

#12014 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'm pretty much the same. I almost got it from GMG yesterday but realistically it's not high on my list and I won't play it right away so I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I guess I was lucky. I bought Dead Island GOTY from GMG with the 35% off voucher and had my first payment issue (this was my 3rd purchase). After I bought it via paypal, a payment error popped up on GMG and it had a notification that they refunded me. I checked my GMG account and it had Dead Island GOTY listed.. so I basically got the game for free.

I've heard of people having payment issues with GMG.. but I didn't expect that to happen lol.

EDIT: Was actually my third purchase, corrected!

Meh, that's a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll just wait and see if they fix it. Way to support your past customers Remedy. :-P

It wasn't an issue for me, cuz I already have multiple accounts. Took me maybe 2 mins or so to log into my alt account, buy it, then gift it. But I can see how it might be annoying to create another account just to do that.

#12015 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

BTW I checked Remedy's Facebook page and back as early as 21 hours ago someone alerted them to that issue with the coupon not working because of the 15% discount. Either they don't check their page or this is going to take longer to get resolved. The coupon is valid through December 31 though.

#12016 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Reposted from another thread, apparently THQ is giving away free Steam keys to Metro 2033 via Facebook.

https://www.facebook...xfVAFmro3pPpTcw

Be prepared for the onslaught of Metro 2033 Steamgifts giveaways. :-P

#12017 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

It's worth the wait. This is a pretty fun top-down racing-destruction game and a great buy for $1.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#12018 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I wonder if the progress I made during the Death Rally free weekend will carry over if I purchase the game. Probably not, if I Deleted Local Content.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12019 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Reposted from another thread, apparently THQ is giving away free Steam keys to Metro 2033 via Facebook.

https://www.facebook...xfVAFmro3pPpTcw

Be prepared for the onslaught of Metro 2033 Steamgifts giveaways. :-P

Nah, for some reason any key that you can get for free they consider "exploited". Which makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. For the price, I can fully recommend Metro. :lol:
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12020 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned but it looks like Steam keys for Dead Pixels have been posted in the Indie Royale Graduation Bundle Page.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12021 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned but it looks like Steam keys for Dead Pixels have been posted in the Indie Royale Graduation Bundle Page.

Nice! Thanks!

#12022 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Maybe I'm the only one this bothers, but GamersGate had Sonic Generations for 80% off yesterday. Which sounds great, until you notice they jacked the base price up to $50. Today, after the sale was over, the price was back down to $30, which was retail launch price. Shady practices like that and removal of their "forever" discount are quickly pushing GamersGate down my list of retailers and I'm to the point where the deal will have to be markedly better to buy there over somewhere else.

GamersGate responded with this on FB:

GamersGate wrote: "Ok, we know what happened now. The retail price for the game in Austrailia is $50, and in the US it's $30. However, when the discounted amount was entered, our system automatically chose to calculate the % based on the highest price... Which in turn gives a skewed view of the discount. We'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again and that the regions are completely seperated! Note: prices are provided by the publisher and are in many cases the same globally but in some cases they differ by region."

Seems legit, and hopefully they'll modify their system to use the local price going forward.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#12023 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Nah, for some reason any key that you can get for free they consider "exploited". Which makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. For the price, I can fully recommend Metro. :lol:

I think it's less "This key is exploited (obtained illegitimately)" and more "People are exploiting the use of this free key to run up their Gifts Awarded values at $20 a pop".

#12024 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Spoiler

What?!? I'm not the only one without a facebook account? *shock/trauma*

just make a fake FB account. I have one that I only use for stuff like this.

>.> To me, it's like registering with a vile political party in order to get free cookies. I prefer to maintain my purity over free cookies.

The retail price for the game in Austrailia is $50, and in the US it's $30.

Poor Aussies, even getting the short end of the stick on digital downloads.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12025 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

What?!? I'm not the only one without a facebook account? *shock/trauma*

I also do not have one.

#12026 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

>.> To me, it's like registering with a vile political party in order to get free cookies. I prefer to maintain my purity over free cookies.

With a shell Facebook account, it's more like writing "Donald Duck" on a party registration form and then grabbing some free cookies. They get nothing and you get cookies :D

#12027 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Not sure if anyone posted this or not because I'm too lazy to go back and check, but you can get Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection over at GreenManGaming for $1.95 after a coupon. Apply code WINTR-SRVEY-42012. The game activates on Steam.

EDIT: Looks like you can also get the first FEAR game for the same price, after coupon of course. Also requires Steam.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#12028 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

The 35% off survey coupon is one use per account, so imo it'd be better to wait and use it for a bigger savings, though it does expire in 3 days.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12029 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ohhh I want free cookies!!! :bouncy:

#12030 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

With a shell Facebook account, it's more like writing "Donald Duck" on a party registration form and then grabbing some free cookies. They get nothing and you get cookies :D

Indeed, that's what I have, a faux-account I use for things such as that.

Guardian_owl.png