Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#12121 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

If I remember correctly, it's just plug and play.

It depends on the stick. Some of them work while others have issues with certain USB chipsets. I know this is true in SFxT, not sure if it carries over to other games as well.

Not really sure. I imagine your best bet would be seeing if they work with http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Okay so did some digging around in case anyone was interested.

From the MadCatz website:

The PS3 SFIV TE/SE FightStick and FightPad does not officially support the PC, but it should work with PCs that do not make use of a NVIDIA® chipset. If a workaround is discovered, we will post more information for you here.

It seems as if these fightsticks only work on UHCI - USB 1.1 Proprietary Intel Standard so people running on Nvidia/AMD chipsets won't be able to use their fightsticks without first purchasing a USB PCI card with the VIA chipset >_>

The 360 versions however have native plug and play capabilities due to XInput. Yay for deciding to buy PS3 fightsticks instead of 360...

#12122 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

ughh i neever get lucky on these, darn u lurkers...but thanks anyway

So Shuggy/Fantasy Wars/King's Bounty/Eschalon/Men of War are all gone then?

*Edit: Okay thanks for letting me know everyone.

Edited by Motoki, 12 December 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#12123 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Tried Shuggy, was gone.

#12124 chapnis

chapnis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Yup

#12125 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

sigh*

#12126 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Shuggy was gone before you posted the keys in this thread.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12127 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Shuggy was gone before you posted the keys in this thread.

LOL someone lurked even among my Steam friends list then. Ah well.

#12128 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

"Oh man, even my friends are lurkers!" :lol:

On a cheerier side, ever seen a beer pouring machine or a combination convenience store & bar? Last two 3 min videos here on NHK.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#12129 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

"Oh man, even my friends are lurkers!" :lol:

On a cheerier side, ever seen a beer pouring machine or a combination convenience store & bar? Last two 3 min videos here on NHK.

Japan is kind of nuts like that. I remember from when I was studying there in the late 90s the all you can drink places and the convenience stores that had booze in vending machines.

#12130 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

All gone. Enjoy to those who were able to get some of the keys.

These are the leftovers from a bunch of keys I posted on my Steam feed:

I don't seem to get your Steam feed, but I do seem to be replicating your steam library. In fact, before I started looking through the (already claimed by this point) codes, I was sure there would be nothing I hadn't already picked up.

#12131 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

ughh i neever get lucky on these, darn u lurkers...but thanks anyway

Man, that's a rough month :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#12132 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Street Fighter X Tekken for $12.50 Midweek madness. Bought.

#12133 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Bought Velvet Assassin. Wanted to use the -90% off coupon on Death Rally but I own Alan Wake so it won't apply on top of the -15% discount I get :(

#12134 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Bought Velvet Assassin. Wanted to use the -90% off coupon on Death Rally but I own Alan Wake so it won't apply on top of the -15% discount I get :(

That really should have been fixed by now. #-o

#12135 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

How is Death Rally on PC? I have it on iPhone, where it's a little clunky control-wise. Worth picking up again?

#12136 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

I didn't mean to. I mean I did mean to but I didn't think the key worked. I added some keys on your comment over there. :dunce:

#12137 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

That really should have been fixed by now. #-o

People keep complaining about it over and over again on you-know-where but they either haven't gone back to check or are ignoring it.

Social networking goes both ways. All these companies want to use it to promote themselves as free advertising and get others to promote for them but what they aren't getting is that the medium is meant for people to interact. If you're just going to throw something out there and never bother to read or respond to any sort of feedback you might as well just post an ad somewhere and call it good.

Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are working on it and maybe Valve has been notified and is the hold up they really should have communicated that if it were the case.

The whole thing just reeks of some half assed lazy promotion that they don't really give a shit about and it's also a slap in the face to people who have supported them in the past by buying their games because we are the ones who get penalized with this mistake that no one cares to look into.

#12138 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

The fix seems simple enough. Offer people a 75% coupon* that they can use in case they have the extra 15% discount that breaks the whole thing.

*Assuming the percentages add, which I guess they do as it's the only way to cause the negative value problem.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#12139 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Japan is kind of nuts like that. I remember from when I was studying there in the late 90s the all you can drink places and the convenience stores that had booze in vending machines.

Lmao sounds like Japan. my folks studied there in college during the 80's. have some fam there

been getting into Skyrim finally

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#12140 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

The fix seems simple enough. Offer people a 75% coupon* that they can use in case they have the extra 15% discount that breaks the whole thing.

*Assuming the percentages add, which I guess they do as it's the only way to cause the negative value problem.

It wouldn't add, it would instead apply one then the other. Not sure on the exact percentage that would make it 90% off, but it'd have to be a second coupon somewhere between 85% and 90% to get there.

#12141 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Keep the love flowing. ;)

Click the smiley guys.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#12142 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

People keep complaining about it over and over again on you-know-where but they either haven't gone back to check or are ignoring it.

That's exactly why I think that it should have been fixed by now. ;)

#12143 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

I picked up SxT. I'm a casual fighting fan...I hope the single player is fun!

I've only been playing Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, and Diablo 3 lately. Gonna try and get more active in this thread...I'm a fairly new PC gamer (since July when I built my desktop) and can't wait for the Xmas sales so I can beef up my PC library on the cheap :D

#12144 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I remember talk here a while ago about someone who had a free IGN Prime account. Apparently, I have one too, and it has been like this since I signed up in December of last year for King Arthur. It says "unknown" in place of my subscription status, and I haven't been getting billed. Is it commonplace for IGN to make such oversights? I mean, doesn't it normally cost a good sum per month for their Prime benefits?

Anyway, Hamlet is the free IGN game of the month. If any of you guys signed up for a trial and are still getting the e-mails, perhaps you should check to see if you somehow have free Prime forever as well.

#12145 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

That Death Rally coupon is tradeable, so I got a buddy of mine who doesn't have the loyalty discount to help me out. Maybe someone in the trading thread would be willing to facilitate.

Or you could always sit tight and wait for it to get fixed.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12146 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

That Death Rally coupon is tradeable, so I got a buddy of mine who doesn't have the loyalty discount to help me out. Maybe someone in the trading thread would be willing to facilitate.

Or you could always sit tight and wait for it to get fixed.

Or you could just make another account, buy it, and gift it to your main account. Pretty simple process.

#12147 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Or you could just make another account, buy it, and gift it to your main account. Pretty simple process.

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to have multiple Steam accounts with the same billing details.

#12148 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

I remember talk here a while ago about someone who had a free IGN Prime account. Apparently, I have one too, and it has been like this since I signed up in December of last year for King Arthur. It says "unknown" in place of my subscription status, and I haven't been getting billed. Is it commonplace for IGN to make such oversights? I mean, doesn't it normally cost a good sum per month for their Prime benefits?

Anyway, Hamlet is the free IGN game of the month. If any of you guys signed up for a trial and are still getting the e-mails, perhaps you should check to see if you somehow have free Prime forever as well.

I signed up when you did, and mine lasted for longer than it should have (maybe 2 months?), but as far as I know it no longer works for me.

#12149 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to have multiple Steam accounts with the same billing details.

Where are you getting your info?

Can I use multiple Steam accounts on one computer?

Yes, you can access different Steam accounts from one computer. However, you may only access one account at a time.
The accounts will share the core files for any games the accounts have in common, but each account will maintain its own custom content and configuration files.

Source

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#12150 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

I don't have Alan Wake on Steam, so I can help anyone out with the Death Rally thing.

Tomorrow, though.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif