Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#12181 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Death Rally coupon has been fixed.

It looks like the coupon, when added to your cart, changes the price of Death Rally to $9.99 with a strikethru above it for the original Alan Wake discount price of $8.49.

Nice! Just bought it!

#12182 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Bla bla bla I am right you are wrong bla bla bla usual internet crap.

REREAD MY EDITED POST

I don't care. I don't feel comfortable doing it. Have your argument. There you are right. You won at the internets.

It's understood that it isn't something you are will to do, however, other people using this thread may be interested in knowing more about the Steam policies concerning this issue.

Nobody is trying to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, Motoki. We're all here to support you. Your family loves you. ;)

#12183 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

i agree that they should fix the coupon, but it's not against the terms to have a second account with the same billing info. They state that multiple accounts are allowed, i'm sure the same goes for billing info, would make no sense otherwise. I think its just paranoia getting to you guys, but i understand if you want to wait until the coupon is fixed.

The only time you seriously risk getting banned or having your account restricted is if you're abusing the system or exploiting it somehow, like what people did back during the xmas event last year. And even then.. The only accounts that got banned were people that made hundreds of them.

yo, you need to chill out suntoast!

I think that santa hat has gone to your head!

It ain't xmas yet so tell spoderman to keep his gifts to himself!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12184 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I have one steam account with installs on two gaming PCs (new & old) and two laptops (Mac & PC). I tend to keep the secondaries in offline mode.

I may do that with my new HTPC build. The only games that would likely be on that, for now, are some I can play with my 3-year old, like a train simulator. I can either have games on my main account and run Steam on that system in offline mode, or I can have games in a secondary account that runs on that system. The only thing with that second option is I would need to do more to keep track of what is kept in what account. I need to make a decision soon, as my Amazon copy of Ship Simulator Extreme is one that will likely be played on the HTPC and I'll have to redeem it on one account or the other.

For what it's worth, my primary Steam account dates to January 2005 (when I redeemed a retail box of HL 1 on it) and my second Steam account dates to August 2005 (when I redeemed a retail box of HL 2 on it.) At first I rather distrusted Steam and wanted any game I had on it to be in an account on its own. Once I started actually using Steam more I ended up just sticking with that primary account. The second one just sits there.

#12185 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I should really go back to trying to beat Darksiders. I need a game I could beat in roughly 13-15 hours which I estimate is the amount of time I will get to play from now until next Thursday which all hell breaks loose. Already have about 2-3 hours in.

Also we should really start a new thread this week/next monday. Don't want this thread to crash every page comes Holiday Sale :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12186 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

I may do that with my new HTPC build. The only games that would likely be on that, for now, are some I can play with my 3-year old, like a train simulator. I can either have games on my main account and run Steam on that system in offline mode, or I can have games in a secondary account that runs on that system. The only thing with that second option is I would need to do more to keep track of what is kept in what account. I need to make a decision soon, as my Amazon copy of Ship Simulator Extreme is one that will likely be played on the HTPC and I'll have to redeem it on one account or the other.

For what it's worth, my primary Steam account dates to January 2005 (when I redeemed a retail box of HL 1 on it) and my second Steam account dates to August 2005 (when I redeemed a retail box of HL 2 on it.) At first I rather distrusted Steam and wanted any game I had on it to be in an account on its own. Once I started actually using Steam more I ended up just sticking with that primary account. The second one just sits there.

I guess congrats on starting your 3rd Steam account whenever Half-Life 3 is released. :D

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#12187 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

^_^ I know what you're saying. I don't think we're on the same page however. There's a facebook coupon for 90% off that people who own Alan Wake (who get an automatic 15% off) aren't able to use. It they stacked normally, say, $10 * (1 - 0.90) * (1 - 0.15) = $0.85 and I imagine people would buy it. However people aren't able to, so I assume it's working like $10 * (1 - (0.90 + 0.15)) = - $0.50 (get the game free and $0.50 for your trouble).

I caught that as well, and the other part of my correction was that Steam coupons have never worked that way. Steam has always had two options for coupons, as far as I remember. Your first one, then not working at all.

#12188 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

YES. Free The Secret World! Now I can get back to playing. Not worth 15$ a month but so worth 50$ initial purchase! Hopefully they are around long enough for me to finish my character.

#12189 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Any thoughts on the Daily Deal? I like TD games pretty well but I can't say I've heard of this one.

76561197971332172.png

#12190 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I guess congrats on starting your 3rd Steam account whenever Half-Life 3 is released. :D

Heh.

Obviously, at this point, I'd rather not do that. My usage of Steam then was much different than my usage of Steam now.

#12191 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I should really go back to trying to beat Darksiders. I need a game I could beat in roughly 13-15 hours which I estimate is the amount of time I will get to play from now until next Thursday which all hell breaks loose. Already have about 2-3 hours in.

Also we should really start a new thread this week/next monday. Don't want this thread to crash every page comes Holiday Sale :lol:.

Do it, it's a great game and plus then you'll have an excuse to grab Darksiders II :D .

#12192 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

The Little Big Bunch someone mentioned a couple days ago is live now.

Open for a week, the deal is any 5 of the following 10 titles for $10:

Archon Classic is React! Games reborn version of the epic fantasy strategy game, which takes board games to whole new level.
Dark Scavenger takes an iteration of the RPG genre that is generally thought of as obsolete and breathes fresh life into it.
Disciples II Gold is Strategy First’s turn-based fantasy bundle, comprising the award winning Disciples II Dark Prophecy and its acclaimed expansions, while Head Up Games’
Grotesque Tactics is a satirical story driven RPG which parodies the genre and allows you to rescue half naked virgins.
Firefly’s Space Colony HD is you let loose in an RTS set in a space station crewed with a collection of deadbeats, renegades and a disco obsessed Swede. Did we mention the aliens sawing through your oxygen supply?
Serious Sam The Random encounter is a splendidly odd JRPG offshoot of Croteam’s shooter series, while
Tofu 1&2 features the world’s most malleable martial artist To-Fu in a hugely fun 300+ level platformer.
The Trouble With Robots is Digital Chestnuts’ splendid side-scrolling customisable card game, set in a fantasy world invaded by those troublesome robots.
Unstoppable Gorg is Futuremark’s cracking sci-fi tower defence offering which sees you Defend the solar system from flying saucers and alien monsters.
Worms Reloaded is Team 17’s classic invertebrate battler with the usual dose of hilarious mayhem and carnage

Browsing their main page suggests that all of the above except worms are DRM-free, and Worms Reloaded provides a steam key. Not sure if keys are available for the others in addition to the direct downloads.

A couple of the games look interesting to me, but not THAT interesting (and I don't know if there are 5 I want), and less so without steam. Besides how they've probably been cheaper at various points in the past or very near future…

#12193 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

The Little Big Bunch someone mentioned a couple days ago is live now.

Open for a week, the deal is any 5 of the following 10 titles for $10:

Browsing their main page suggests that all of the above except worms are DRM-free, and Worms Reloaded provides a steam key. Not sure if keys are available for the others in addition to the direct downloads.

A couple of the games look interesting to me, but not THAT interesting (and I don't know if there are 5 I want), and less so without steam. Besides how they've probably been cheaper at various points in the past or very near future…

So they go from giving bundles away, to being the most expensive indie bundle out there. Lol. It's not the greed talkin, just saying that's quite a jump. They're on their way to GATT'ing themselves. ;)

Totally! ^_~

Severose=asheskitty

I've known that for a long time.

Ermagerd, ermperster! Germer mer erverter berk!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#12194 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

It's understood that it isn't something you are will to do, however, other people using this thread may be interested in knowing more about the Steam policies concerning this issue.

Nobody is trying to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, Motoki. We're all here to support you. Your family loves you. ;)

When I saw he was going on and on and on about it and wouldn't let it go I quickly edited my post within a few minutes but I guess when you keep hitting refresh so that you can get your next volley out in an internet argument you get the original post and not the one that was edited 5 minutes later to try and end the damned arguing. Note the 4 minutes between the original post and him posting his.

He also didn't go back and edit his when I edited mine to clarify that I don't CARE if that's (his interpretation of) the rules and bla bla. I don't want to do it.

I'm just tired of people on the internet turning everything into a gotta be right and have the last word debate.

Steam policies are complex and confusing. There are multiple interpretations of them by various people. I've seen Valve employees themselves seemingly contradict them.

Ultimately it's their store and they can do what ever they want. If they think someone is doing something supicious they can revoke privileges and I've seen multiple reports of that being done. In some cases the people claim to not even know what they did to cause it and Valve wouldn't tell them.

Even if you can prove your innocence dealing with Steam support, getting someone to listen to you and getting through to someone who actually has the authority to reinstate access is a whole ordeal.

If there is even a .00000000001% chance that I could do something that might be misconstrued as supsicious or abuse I'm not going to risk my account for it because someone on the internet insists that it is okay and his interpetation is the correct one.

Maybe they have me scared and paranoid or whatever and so be it. I've dealt with their customer service and even for stupid little things it's a nightmare. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to try to get your account reinstated.

#12195 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

YES. Free The Secret World! Now I can get back to playing. Not worth 15$ a month but so worth 50$ initial purchase! Hopefully they are around long enough for me to finish my character.

Wait, explain that a bit. Is there an offline SP mode, or did you get enough online credit when you bought it that you got your fill?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#12196 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

i need to get back to darksiders as well. Im 13 hours in and was loving it. I got sidetracked by Sleeping Dogs when it came out, and then Xcom. I beat both of those games but never went back to darksiders. I ended up beating 3 splinter cell games instead, playing halfway through Viking: Battle of Asgard, and wasting time on several casual games.

...Transcripted has been fun so far. The elvels are starting to get pretty damn difficult though. Its a hybrid between a twin-stick shooter and luxor/zuma + a skill tree. Theres even a half decent story thrown in between levels.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#12197 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Wait, explain that a bit. Is there an offline SP mode, or did you get enough online credit when you bought it that you got your fill?

They removed the monthly fee from the game. I will say sleeping's post was quite confusing and hard to understand. But I am pretty sure he meant that the monthly fee is gone so now he can play again and he hopes they don't shut the game down before he has time to finish playing (assuming to max level or something) his character.

#12198 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

As I understand it, they've decided to drop subscriptions completely. So if you've bought the game you effectively have it forever* like you do with Guild Wars 2.

RockPaperShotgun has an interviewy article about it here.

I'll admit, I'm curious about it. I'm generally burnt out on MMOs but the idea of returning to one whenever I feel like it appeals to me. I've played bits and pieces of GW2 over the last few months and I don't feel cheated because I'm not shelling out £8.99 a month.

GMG had it for £6.49 recently, and you could've had 30% off that with a voucher code. Sadly, I didn't know about the impending change to a "no-sub" model back then otherwise I would've picked it up :) I'll certainly keep my eye on it for a cheap sale though.

* - however long that is.

#12199 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Oh bugger. I wish I'd known TSW had the subscription removed. I would have bought it on GMG a short while back.

Edited by asheskitty, 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12200 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Oh bugger. I wish I'd known TSW had the subscription removed. I wouldn't bought it on GMG a short while back.

This doesn't make sense to me.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12201 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Oh bugger. I wish I'd known TSW had the subscription removed. I wouldn't bought it on GMG a short while back.

This doesn't make sense to me.

I think the maybe asheskitty isn't aware that purchasers of the base game prior to the end of the year get bonus stuff so if she bought it at $5 she'll actually have done pretty well.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12202 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

They removed the monthly fee from the game. I will say sleeping's post was quite confusing and hard to understand. But I am pretty sure he meant that the monthly fee is gone so now he can play again and he hopes they don't shut the game down before he has time to finish playing (assuming to max level or something) his character.

As I understand it, they've decided to drop subscriptions completely. So if you've bought the game you effectively have it forever* like you do with Guild Wars 2.

RockPaperShotgun has an interviewy article about it here.

I'll admit, I'm curious about it. I'm generally burnt out on MMOs but the idea of returning to one whenever I feel like it appeals to me. I've played bits and pieces of GW2 over the last few months and I don't feel cheated because I'm not shelling out £8.99 a month.

GMG had it for £6.49 recently, and you could've had 30% off that with a voucher code. Sadly, I didn't know about the impending change to a "no-sub" model back then otherwise I would've picked it up :) I'll certainly keep my eye on it for a cheap sale though.

* - however long that is.

Wow, I passed on this when Microsoft was selling it for $10 during their "blowout" 2 weeks ago. I did so because of the monthly subscription. poo.

#12203 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

In other news, this week I've been working through my backlog and I have the following to report:

Critical Mass - from an Indie Gala bundle, I think? It's a bit rubbish. It's a match-three (well, four) on a Rubik's cube. Didn't like it.

Home - chilling, haunting, not amazing but certainly worth a playthrough. Took me 1½ hours I reckon. Worth a dabble if it's cheap enough.

Don't Starve - I've discovered that RollingSkull absolutely hearts this game. We talked about it until the sun rose and the birds were tweeting away and he confessed to me that it's the greatest game he's ever played, he just can't admit it to himself. In reality, it has no aim... yet. Pick stuff up, craft it, don't die. That's your remit so far. It has potential but I feel it needs direction. (Disclaimer - it's still in a sort-of-beta mode)

Dead Pixels - from Indie Royale (yonks ago). Deliberately-basic side-shooty thingy. It's ok I suppose, it's just the kind of game that I expect to play on my Amiga 600. But hey it game me an achievement for killing something so I'm going to put it in my "Completed" folder rather than my "Trashcan" folder.

Data Jammers: Fast Forward - another Indie Royale pickup. Massively average racey gamey of nothingness. Reminded me of Audiosurf. A bit. Not particularly fun.

All Zombies Must Die! - yet another Indie Royale pickup. Suprisingly good. Like Bunch of Heroes but not quite as awful as that was, has some attempt at a story, plays nicely enough, I can see myself playing this more. Not bad at all. Not great but not bad, and no bugs found - I was led to belive it was bug-ridden at launch. Oh and it has a cricket bat as a weapon, so you can feel free to practice your forward defensive stroke.

Pickers - I like Storage Wars so this appealed to me. Lost interest relatively quickly though, it's effectively a "find the hidden object" kinda game that you get on touchscreen pub quiz machines. So-so.

Puzzle Agent - charming and infuriating. It's making me feel stupid so I've stopped playing it... for now. Good, though.

In conclusion: I buy an awful lot of shite.

#12204 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Wow, I passed on this when Microsoft was selling it for $10 during their "blowout" 2 weeks ago. I did so because of the monthly subscription. poo.

Yeah, I passed on that and on a recent GMG sale for around $5.

The way I interpreted Sleeping's post is that he did not feel the game was worth it at $50 plus $15 monthly, but now with the monthly fee gone he feels happy at having paid $50 for a game he can continue to play with no additional fee (a la Guild Wars style).

#12205 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, I passed on that and on a recent GMG sale for around $5.

The way I interpreted Sleeping's post is that he did not feel the game was worth it at $50 plus $15 monthly, but now with the monthly fee gone he feels happy at having paid $50 for a game he can continue to play with no additional fee (a la Guild Wars style).

But how many monthly fees did he pay in the mean time, gotta add that to the cost to the game. Base game and 2 months subscription makes it an $80 game. Does he feel it's worth that? he he, just teasing.

#12206 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Is it bad that I like games that give me an achievement just for completing the (20 second) tutorial? It is? I'm so easily bought.

Alien Zombie Megadeath - GREAT GAME! (not really)

#12207 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm going to repost this, cause I didn't see anyone claim it... Also I made it easier to read...

So, for those of you who weren't quick enough to snag a Metro 2033 code and don't have an allergic reaction when someone mentions facebook......

Spoiler

#12208 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm gonna go make 10 different Steam accounts and befriend Motoki with ALL of them.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12209 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Shoite, I don't recognize any of you.

Since I have to say something relevant to Steam to stay on-topic, I'll note that I can pre-order Bioshock Infinite for a mere $59.99! Furthermore, I can purchase Monopoly for a meager $9.99!

Such fantastic deals.

#12210 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Shoite, I don't recognize any of you.

Since I have to say something relevant to Steam to stay on-topic, I'll note that I can pre-order Bioshock Infinite for a mere $59.99! Furthermore, I can purchase Monopoly for a meager $9.99!

Such fantastic deals.

http://www.cheapassg...line=1355355323

You're swimming in money, so why are you complaining?