Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#12241 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Motoki is a pretty cool guy, he let me win the internets.

#12242 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Motoki is a pretty cool guy, he let me win the internets.

Well, Dark Souls: PTD sure DID NOT let me win....

#12243 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Has CAG been laggy for anyone else for the last couple days?

Yes.
Posted Image

#12244 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I played through EvilQuest today (it was in the Halloween IndieRoyale bundle).

It was ok.

Competent gameplay. Fun until it gets repetitive. Short (3-4 hours maybe).

It's like a Zeboyd game, except it's an action RPG and is missing all the love and unique gameplay twists that make the Zeboyd stuff worth playing.

Probably not worth bumping toward the front of your queue.

#12245 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

whos motoki

lmao. awaiting his return.

#12246 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm surprised no has posted the trailer for Motoki's upcoming death simulator.

Dumb Ways to Die.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#12247 rslater

rslater

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Did the Steam Community Market thing just start today or have I been living under a rock? Going to be interesting to see what that evolves into (or doesn't).

#12248 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hey look, it's a basketball player!

:applause:

:lol:

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#12249 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

You know, I just realized the other day when I was at Gamestop a lady came in trying to buy some DLC cards for a PC game as a gift. The guy didn't have them and went on to recommend Steam to her. Just hit me that he didn't recommend Impulse...lol

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12250 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but it seems that there are a lot of GT Legends giveaways popping up on Steamgifts. I thought I had a good handle on all of the recent bundles, but maybe I missed one with GT Legends? It doesn't look like something I would pay $12 for, but I would get it with some other stuff.

Workin on it

#12251 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

:lol:

Dammit, I was just about to change my sig to the mech so I could be confused as you.

elessar123.png

#12252 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Did the Steam Community Market thing just start today or have I been living under a rock? Going to be interesting to see what that evolves into (or doesn't).

Think it might have. Just noticed it -- oh snap I can sell all my junky TF2 crates for $0.01

#12253 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

You know, I just realized the other day when I was at Gamestop a lady came in trying to buy some DLC cards for a PC game as a gift. The guy didn't have them and went on to recommend Steam to her. Just hit me that he didn't recommend Impulse...lol

LOL.
Dude should've also recommended CAG Forums.

#12254 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Let me give some quick reviews of the couple of games I've been playing.

Build a PC - I got this as the bta in the HDD Failure Bundle from INK(Indie Nut Kick). This one is a collection of mini-games, starting out pretty well with a strategy one where you have to pick the right parts at the right price and the right compatibility. The next one was decent but easy, requiring you to match pieces to a board with different connectors and whatnot. Things took a downturn after that though. A cable (mis)management game has you threading, bending, hiding various size cables into locations where they have no business going. Slightly less frustrating than Zen Bound since the physics are much more realistic, but still no fun at all. Lastly is a software installation game. This one was way too repititous and downright boring. Also plenty of glitches that you have to work around to get through the game. Overall I'd say pick this one up on the cheap, if only for the first couple mini-games.

20 down/20 up - This one I bought full price from North State a few years ago due to some good reviews from other folks. I really enjoyed this one until a few days ago when it started glitching out really bad. Apparently I came across a game breaking bug that essentially rendered this game useless. A better name at this point may have been .2 down/0 up. The dev couldn't help troubleshoot, but promised a patch by today at 4:00. Around 8:30 they finally dropped off the patch at my house and it seems to have worked. I'll probably keep playing this one in the background as I play other stuff as well.

#12255 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but it seems that there are a lot of GT Legends giveaways popping up on Steamgifts. I thought I had a good handle on all of the recent bundles, but maybe I missed one with GT Legends? It doesn't look like something I would pay $12 for, but I would get it with some other stuff.

Those keys are from CD Action (a polish gaming magazine).

#12256 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Those keys are from CD Action (a polish gaming magazine).

Ah okay, thanks.

I noticed that Steam added a Spiderweb Software Complete Pack. I'm guessing its gonna have a good discount for the Winter Sale because the current price is higher than the price of the individual games (although that's also because they don't list all of those prices). I do own almost all of them already, but that's something for RPG lovers to keep an eye on.

Workin on it

#12257 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

mine froze going to the next page after reading your post. :applause:

Also, waiting for the inevitable Humble Motoki Bundle.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#12258 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

GT Legends is a 2005 SIMBIN title (known for their racing simulators). It's new on steam but the retail keys activate. There's a CAG thread here. However here's what I did.

Register for an account here. Activate your account via a link sent to your email account. Logout.

Use a polish proxy. I used this webpage based one: http://iphider.pl/

Then go to this page through the proxy (box in the upper part of the screen, a little below your url bar). http://www.cdaction....iale/GT_Legends

It will then inform you that the code has been sent to your email

Retrieve the key from your email and strip the - from the code so it looks like:
4P6F9E28NMNE6GQPKQ6JGCCA4925
and enter it into steam.

Worked for me. I'm a bit of a racing nut. I own all of SIMBIN's RACE07 DLC/derivative titles on steam (summer sale, ~$24). If you are expecting an arcade racer you will be sorely disappointed. You will race like you took your car to the track. For a racing nut, It's a nice addition.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#12259 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Cheers to all the mini-reviews. All the ones Flow covered are either in my backlog or wishlist (but maybe not for long).

The Little Big Bunch someone mentioned a couple days ago is live now.

Space Colony was fun for a SimCity/ThemeHospital type game, although I haven't played too many of them. I never finished it though, because near the end when a military-type mission popped up, I wasn't prepared for it and it was discouragingly tough.

Yes; thought it might've been just me. CAG 3.0 can't get here fast enough for me.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12260 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Phew, been behind for a few days, but I've finally caught up with the thread. Started cracking up over the last couple of pages. Then had to explain to my wife why it was all so funny. Love you guys.

What?!? I'm not the only one without a facebook account? *shock/trauma*

Be quiet about this, or people will start to suspect that the Facebook account I made pretending to be you is bogus.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=314625&dateline=1355368865

Hey look, it's a basketball player!

I ROFL'd so hard.

Also, waiting for the inevitable Humble Motoki Bundle.

Part of the proceeds will benefit the Motoki Foundation Charities.

#12261 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I noticed that Steam added a Spiderweb Software Complete Pack. I'm guessing its gonna have a good discount for the Winter Sale because the current price is higher than the price of the individual games (although that's also because they don't list all of those prices). I do own almost all of them already, but that's something for RPG lovers to keep an eye on.

The pricing on that package is pretty wacky in general. The actual price to buy them all individually would be like $57.

I also have most of them, from indie bundles, and having played Avadon and Geneforge 1 I have to say I'm definitely a fan. Looking forward to picking up Nethergate and Avernum: Escape for cheap in the next sale.
76561197996844513.png

#12262 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

You guys are all trolls.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#12263 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Those GT Legends codes are not exactly legit since you have to lie about your location. Just a heads up for people that there is a small risk involved.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12264 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

GT Legends is a 2005 SIMBIN title (known for their racing simulators). It's new on steam but the retail keys activate. There's a CAG thread here. However here's what I did.

Register for an account here. Activate your account via a link sent to your email account. Logout.

Use a polish proxy. I used this webpage based one: http://iphider.pl/

Then go to this page through the proxy (box in the upper part of the screen, a little below your url bar). http://www.cdaction....iale/GT_Legends

It will then inform you that the code has been sent to your email

Retrieve the key from your email and strip the - from the code so it looks like:
4P6F9E28NMNE6GQPKQ6JGCCA4925
and enter it into steam.

Worked for me. I'm a bit of a racing nut. I own all of SIMBIN's RACE07 DLC/derivative titles on steam (summer sale, ~$24). If you are expecting an arcade racer you will be sorely disappointed. You will race like you took your car to the track. For a racing nut, It's a nice addition.

Worked for me too, nice find.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#12265 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

[QUOTE=DPsycho;10274911Be quiet about this, or people will start to suspect that the Facebook account I made pretending to be you is bogus.[/QUOTE]

Just stay away from my introvertster account! ^_~

Besides I want a social networking site that has a "yuck" button. I don't care if you like the same things that I do, I'm bloody pissed when you don't hate the same things I do. :lol:

Yuck us on facebook &
Pluck us on twitter!

#12266 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Phew, been behind for a few days, but I've finally caught up with the thread. Started cracking up over the last couple of pages. Then had to explain to my wife why it was all so funny. Love you guys.

Be quiet about this, or people will start to suspect that the Facebook account I made pretending to be you is bogus.

I ROFL'd so hard.

Part of the proceeds will benefit the Motoki Foundation Charities.

I want my noodz back since I gave them to you under fraudulent pretenses.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12267 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I want my noodz back since I gave them to you under fraudulent pretenses.

Is that was those were? You sent me photos of actual foxes! I'd assumed all this time that you were a human IRL, or at least an anthropomorphic fox.

#12268 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

You guys are all trolls.

No, no. Were you not paying attention?

We are all Motoki.

#12269 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Quote to Motoki.

#12270 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

You guys are all trolls.

Posted Image