Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#12631 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

=[ was hopeing it was something good but it was just metro

F this leech.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#12632 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

^ I just finished the whole thing (Bad Rats), and while by no means is it not a bad game, it's not nearly as awful as everyone makes it out to be.

I don't know. It does look pretty fucking horrible.

:lol:

By the way, that is laughing, right? As in, "I laugh at the notion that anyone would want that game".

It wasn't supposed to be a smiley face (as in "yes please") and you just hit the wrong smiley, right?

#12633 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

#12634 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

I just bought FTL after seeing it on sale and hearing all this GOTY hype. Its a good game, I get it what its trying to achieve and etc but I dont see why this game deserved GOTY tho.
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#12635 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Teela, of course, being the "good master of power suction"

#12636 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

The Evil master of Power Suction. Just goes to show what you can accomplish if you find your niche in life.

#12637 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I tend to think everyone actually is their avatar or signature.

For example, I'm under the impression that Genocidal actually is the late Eddie Guerrero.

Of course on some days I think he's Locke from Final Fantasy VI.

RollingSkull is a very smug Pheonix Wright.

Mooby is a slobbering golem that loves RPGs.

And asheskitty is a shapeshifter. Though before that she was invisible.

Serious Sam is now Wolfenstein.

And I am very tired.

I wish I was the pilot of Gaiking if that's any consolation.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#12638 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

^ I just finished the whole thing (Bad Rats), and while by no means is it not a bad game, it's not nearly as awful as everyone makes it out to be.

Yes it is. I thought it must be hyperbole and installed it myself last week.

It is that bad. A puzzle game needs consistency on how things work. When a solution fails in Bad Rats, you really have no idea if it was because you need to tweak placements or because it just randomly didn't work that time.

Add to that a rather limited set of objects to work with for the puzzles, quickly leading to boredom.

It is that bad. Pity, as a game with that concept could work. They just did everything wrong in the execution of the concept.

#12639 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I tend to think everyone actually is their avatar or signature.

For example, I'm under the impression that Genocidal actually is the late Eddie Guerrero.

Of course on some days I think he's Locke from Final Fantasy VI.

RollingSkull is a very smug Pheonix Wright.

Mooby is a slobbering golem that loves RPGs.

And asheskitty is a shapeshifter. Though before that she was invisible.

Serious Sam is now Wolfenstein.

And I am very tired.

And your thoughts on my avatar...?

#12640 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Well now I can never take that out of my signature (though after 7 years, it's unlikely I would have).
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12641 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

And your thoughts on my avatar...?

You fall right in line. Ha ha.

I don't look unlike Rick Grimes, btw. Though I still have (spoiler, spoiler, spoiler).

#12642 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

It is that bad. A puzzle game needs consistency on how things work. When a solution fails in Bad Rats, you really have no idea if it was because you need to tweak placements or because it just randomly didn't work that time.

I found that while there was an element of randomness (which, yes, is really inexcusable), there was a finite amount of deviance. After pulling the trigger 3 or 4 times, you got an idea if you needed to move something. In getting all the achievements, I hit the play button a lot.

But yeah, they executed piss-poorly everywhere.

I don't have a lot of experience with physics puzzlers (I don't think Portal counts for this discussion), but I kept seeing Crazy Machines compared to Bad Rats, and I hope that series sees a reasonable discount soon.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12643 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

You fall right in line. Ha ha.

...With a real self-picture?

#12644 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

So what are the odds that the daily deal next Friday is Revelations 2012?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#12645 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

So what are the odds that the daily deal next Friday is Revelations 2012?

I'm going to go with a flash sale of the entire Steam store for free because, Fuck it, the world's gonna be over anyways

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#12646 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I found that while there was an element of randomness (which, yes, is really inexcusable), there was a finite amount of deviance. After pulling the trigger 3 or 4 times, you got an idea if you needed to move something. In getting all the achievements, I hit the play button a lot.

But yeah, they executed piss-poorly everywhere.

I don't have a lot of experience with physics puzzlers (I don't think Portal counts for this discussion), but I kept seeing Crazy Machines compared to Bad Rats, and I hope that series sees a reasonable discount soon.

Non-Steam but the original classic Incredible Machine series is up on GOG for $5 right now during their holiday sale.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#12647 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

non-steam but the original classic incredible machine series is up on gog for $5 right now during their holiday sale.

+1

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12648 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Is that Bad Rats offer still out there?

hmm, my first impression of that guy's post was that it was a lame attempt at humor. After all, Seymour's hint wasn't all that subtle. I thought he was either just pretending not to know what it was, or he was using the chance to take a shot at the game Metro 2033.

After seeing everybody else's response to him though, I guess I was probably wrong. If you guys are right, it was kinda a dick move to bitch about a give away. He's lucky that he didn't end up with Bad Rats.

I originally typed something nicer and changed it after I looked at his posting history. To me that made it clear what kind of person I was dealing with.
Posted Image

#12649 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Pfft, should have used an image:

Spoiler

thanks for skyrim
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#12650 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Is that Bad Rats offer still out there?

I originally typed something nicer and changed it after I looked at his posting history. To me that made it clear what kind of person I was dealing with.

I dropped a Bad Rats code here a while ago. No one ever said they used it or tried though.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12651 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I played it for a while years ago, and from what I remember, I have the same opinion of the game.

That said, I did stop playing and haven't bothered to go back again to complete it.

#12652 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I think most of the people in here are aware that Amazon has started its bigger winter deals, so I won't highlight the deals that are in that thread already. However, there are some other interesting stuff in there (all should activate on Steam, according their page. I'm not saying these are the best deals on the item ever or that they won't be beaten in the Winter sale, but I'm only mentioning those that seem to be competitive. (I'll update if I see anything else.)

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes : $2.54
Viking: Battle for Asgard : $5.09
Payday the Heist (4 pack) : $14.99
Jet Set Radio: $3.39

Workin on it

#12653 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Non-Steam but the original classic Incredible Machine series is up on GOG for $5 right now during their holiday sale.

Cheers for that. I really should be supporting GOG more than I have been.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12654 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Rigonauts is the daily for $3.39 (66% off). Six CAGs on my friends list want it, and it doesn't look that bad...but I can see it being a bundle game soon. How many bundles has World of Goo been in? Exactly.

#12655 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Blade's caught in a time warp.

#12656 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

The daily deal for today is the really excellent Defender's Quest for $5. There is a chance the publisher site might update the price, as getting it there also gets you a GoG key as well.

http://store.steampo...com/app/218410/

#12657 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Blade's caught in a time warp.

And it's a jump to the left-

#12658 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh...so NOW it updates to Defender's Quest for $5.09 (66%). This one looks like it'll be bundled, too, so I stand by my previous statement. ;P

#12659 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh...so NOW it updates to Defender's Quest for $5.09 (66%). This one looks like it'll be bundled, too, so I stand by my previous statement. ;P

I was going to post pretty much the same thing and for a second I thought that I had and forgot that I did until I realized that was Blade.

#12660 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I guess I've gotten pretty jaded, because I do want to play this, but it doesn't look like it's worth even $5 to me when it looks like bundle fodder. Maybe the Humble bundle that's about to drop? I'm not sure of the dev relationships to know if that's realistic, but that would be nice.

Workin on it