Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1261 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Not sure why there is so much Alienware hate, but being CAGS here, I would recommend people spend time over at
http://forum.noteboo....com/alienware/
to learn how to buy Alienware for cheaper. If you are patient, you pretty much can buy a machine at 15-30% off depending on how much work/patience you have and this will put any Alienware laptop cheaper than any other company.

Read a lot of the messages there, but in general, Alienware doesn't cost anymore than any other laptop if you are patient and willing to haggle. I picked up an AW for around 30% off list new with accidental coverage and plenty others picked up their machines for 15%-20% with little work. One thing I will say is the deals do take some patience, but Dell reps are on that forum and it's not that hard to score some discount.

Also, Alienware is one of the few companies (if only) offering on-site support, if they mess something up, there are plenty of cases where they upgrade you current tech, etc...You do need to hammer at them to fix it, but there are enough cases of this happening.

All laptop manufacturers have issues, but if you take price out of the equation, then I think you might as well go AW for the better name recognition, easier resale value, on-site service, top tech parts.

I've went through this process myself a while back.

Thanks for the info! I'll PM you with some questions later. ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1262 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Be Mine 4 is live.

In for $1

maybe more if the bonuses are any good...but at this point im not shelling out another 4 for the Guns of Icarus beta......

#1263 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just bought a Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel, based on Motoki's recommendation. I must say it is pretty cool. I tested it out with Dirt 2 on steam. As you can imagine, the "air wheel" without auto centering, it can be odd to drive. But I get used to it quickly and started nailing events.
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#1264 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

I am now the proud owner of Revelations 2012. I can't wait to have 4 player dance sessions.

Just bought a Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel, based on Motoki's recommendation. I must say it is pretty cool. I tested it out with Dirt 2 on steam. As you can imagine, the "air wheel" without auto centering, it can be odd to drive. But I get used to it quickly and started nailing events.

I picked up one of those as well thanks to Motoki's recommendation and been enjoying using it in Burnout Paradise. Considerably more difficult than using the keyboard but it's quite fun. I can't seem to get my sensitivity perfect though.

#1265 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

So, it has been a few days, and I still don't have any real help for my uPlay Driver: SF install problems. I guess Ubisoft decided my first purchase should be my last one from them.
Posted Image

#1266 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

The Green light Bundle launches soon

Due to a DDOS attack on the web host the launch is delayed a bit. We are now moving the site to another server.
Thank you for your patience.

#1267 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

Why would someone ddos them. Nerds....I'll never understand.

#1268 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Holy crap, Din's Curse is on Steam finally! Didn't think I'd see the day. Still going to wait for a good sale though. :)

Edit: And that's already been pointed out 4-5 pages back. Whee.

Why would someone ddos them. Nerds....I'll never understand.

I think you meant assholes instead of nerds. Without nerds you wouldn't be posting anything on the Internet.
Wubwubwubwub.

#1269 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Holy crap, Din's Curse is on Steam finally! Didn't think I'd see the day. Still going to wait for a good sale though. :)

I think you meant assholes instead of nerds. Without nerds you wouldn't be posting anything on the Internet.

They could be asshole nerds... the two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, asshole nerds could have invented the internet for all we know.

#1270 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

No I meant nerds, these nerds just happen to be assholes.

#1271 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

They could be asshole nerds... the two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, asshole nerds could have invented the internet for all we know.

Touche. Asshole nerds is more accurate.
Wubwubwubwub.

#1272 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'm totally interested in the Be Mine 4 bundle because of Zero Gear. I currently don't have a good "kart racer" on the PC, and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing probably won't be on sale again for a while. (NOTE: I am aware that I'd also be getting a code for Revelations 2012. I accept this as a consequence.)

Have any CAG's tried Zero Gear?

EDIT: Now I've done it; I currently have a Steam Key for Revelations 2012. I don't want to activate it at all, but the more curious side of me wants to have a comedic entry in my Steam library.

Edited by EliotAndrews, 23 August 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#1273 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

BTW, for those who are interested, a new Broken Sword just went up on Kickstarter. Not a huge fan of the series, but I'm sure there are some who are interested.

http://www.kickstart...curse-adventure
Posted Image

#1274 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Bigger fan of this Kickstarter myself

http://www.kickstart...a/project-giana

Broken Sword was always mediocre to me.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1275 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Never heard of the original game, but that does look nifty. Looks like it needs the help too.

Agreed, but there are those who are fans of the series. (Tho, I find it funny in the offer to get all of their games, they offer two games which are already free on GOG.)
Posted Image

#1276 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

My Kung Fu Strike review is live. Good idea to read before buying...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1277 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm totally interested in the Be Mine 4 bundle because of Zero Gear.

Spoiler

There are not enough car combat games anymore. I remember being interested at Zero Gear's debut on Steam. I love car games but lets be honest: I bought it for Revelations 2012 (the only backlog you must play this year ^_~ ).

#1278 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm totally interested in the Be Mine 4 bundle because of Zero Gear. I currently don't have a good "kart racer" on the PC, and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing probably won't be on sale again for a while. (NOTE: I am aware that I'd also be getting a code for Revelations 2012. I accept this as a consequence.)

Have any CAG's tried Zero Gear?

EDIT: Now I've done it; I currently have a Steam Key for Revelations 2012. I don't want to activate it at all, but the more curious side of me wants to have a comedic entry in my Steam library.

I tried it for awhile this morning. Seemed pretty decent. It will at least satiate the Mario Kart hunger I've been having of late (pretty sure my 4 year old will love it too). Runs great on my mediocre laptop.

#1279 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Daily Deal

Mirror's Edge $4.99 75% off

Weekend Deal

Just Cause $2.49 75% off
Just Cause 2 $3.74 75% off
Just Cause 2 DLC $0.24-0.49 each 75% off

#1280 AloX

AloX

Something

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Other weekend deal is

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier 33% off

#1281 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Daily Deal

Weekend Deal

Just Cause $2.49 75% off

I think that's the first time I've seen Just Cause 1 for $2.49 on Steam before, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying if you've already got the 2nd one.

EDIT: Oh, and in case anyone didn't know.. KOTOR 2 is now on Steam!

Edited by spoderman, 23 August 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#1282 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I think that's the first time I've seen Just Cause 1 for $2.49 on Steam before, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying if you've already got the 2nd one.

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. JC2 is great fun and for $2.49 I'm willing to put JC1 into the backlog. :lol:

#1283 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

EDIT: Oh, and in case anyone didn't know.. KOTOR 2 is now on Steam!

:whee: About fucking time!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1284 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've never played JC1, but what I've heard is that it's not on the same level as JC2. The general sentiment I've seen on forums is that if you don't play JC1, you're not really missing anything.

I can say from personal experience that if you don't play JC2, you ARE missing something :)
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#1285 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

I can say from personal experience that if you don't play JC2, you ARE missing something :)

Especially with the multiplayer mod finally getting some serious progress.

#1286 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Daily Deal

Weekend Deal

Just Cause $2.49 75% off

Why rehash just one sale, when you can rehash two? It's Redux Redux Weekend!

#1287 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Durante on Neogaf made a resolution fix for Dark Souls...in 23 minutes...before the game released. What? I bet this news will be a kotaku article before tomorrow. If 720p was scaring you off jump in.

Really From? Really?

Edited by pantsattack, 23 August 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#1288 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

#japanesegamedevelopers

Am I on twitter?

Posted Image

#1289 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I am. Just meaning REALLY FROM SOFTWARE? REALLY?

#1290 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

BTW, for those who are interested, a new Broken Sword just went up on Kickstarter. Not a huge fan of the series, but I'm sure there are some who are interested.

http://www.kickstart...curse-adventure

Is there a promise in there that George Stobbart dies an awful and horrible death? If so, I might just chip in a lot to see that. :bouncy:

This looks very interesting, I might just consider this one. Thanks for bring it up.