Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1291 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

KOTOR 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now if only there were a sale price with it... Even for like $7.50 I would snatch this up again. Something about $10 just seems high.

#1292 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bought BeMine at the Dollar level. Unlike the Indie Royale album, I listened to the preview of the $5 level music and decided I can live without it. At least until the secret item is revealed.

Never played either Giana Sisters game, the PC one or the DS successor, but I am aware of them. I'll keep an eye on the Kickstarter, but only out of interest in seeing it happen rather than a desire to play it.

I love it when the weekend deals come up on Thursday. Even if they're games I already have, I like being reminded that it's almost the weekend. :D

#1293 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

In for $1

maybe more if the bonuses are any good...but at this point im not shelling out another 4 for the Guns of Icarus beta......

Same here.

Calling level 1 a "goal" is a bit off. More like a requirement or minimum. Hopefully there's new games in the future bonuses and not just music.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1294 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

so anyone recommends future soldier?

#1295 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

For anyone with Paypal Smart Connect: check your e-mails for an offer to add $10 credit to your account.

*Subject to credit approval. Cardholders must make at least 3 purchases with their PayPal Smart Connect Card now through September 6, 2012 that post to the account by September 13, 2012, in order to qualify for a $10 statement credit. Please allow up to 2 billing cycles for your statement credit to post to your PayPal Smart Connect account. Account must remain open, be in good standing and not become delinquent.

I never received a card, so I'm assuming this works with online purchases. I'm also going to assume it will work with 3 separate transactions of the Just Cause 2 DLC for $0.24 each since there is no mention of minimum purchase. Getting $10 credit for 72 cents? I'm willing to try it. That's at least three games during the Australian Summer sale! ;)

#1296 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

so anyone recommends future soldier?

I liked it, only played the SP campaign, but I thought it was pretty decent.
If you are a user (like me) who wants to use a gamepad and is used to playing with an inverted y axis - they left that option completely out of the PC version for some asinine reason.
I found a x360ce patch to make it work, but it was pretty irritating to have to jump through hoops to get full gamepad support on what is basically a console port.

#1297 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Is there a promise in there that George Stobbart dies an awful and horrible death? If so, I might just chip in a lot to see that. :bouncy:

Yeah, George is a big reason why I have no desire to play the other games.

KOTOR 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now if only there were a sale price with it... Even for like $7.50 I would snatch this up again. Something about $10 just seems high.

It will be like Jade Empire with no sale for years, then they finally throw us a bone only to screw us after the sale.
Posted Image

#1298 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Some hints on the upcoming #IG8 ....
- The complete collection of an awesome and award-winning action - RPG
- One of the few games that bring the tactical and strategic warfare of World War 2 to the PC.
- One of the most original and irreverent games ever made.. where you play as...
- A solid driving simulator where every regulation of chassis matters.

Plus 5 other great games! ( hints in the next days! )

From their facebook page (so I'm told since I'm not registered to facebook).

#1299 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Durante on Neogaf made a resolution fix for Dark Souls...in 23 minutes...before the game released. What? I bet this news will be a kotaku article before tomorrow. If 720p was scaring you off jump in.

Really From? Really?

How is this even possible without access to source code? Regardless I'm happy that people capable of PC voodoo magic is enthusiastic about Dark Souls. Now really considering on jumping in especially since Torchlight 2 hasn't been released yet I'm itching to play some online rpg game before life gets busy again.

#1300 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

For Just Cause 2, are any of the DLC like must haves or really good? I know they are cheap, but I am cheaper if they really aren't all that.

#1301 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

How is this even possible without access to source code? Regardless I'm happy that people capable of PC voodoo magic is enthusiastic about Dark Souls. Now really considering on jumping in especially since Torchlight 2 hasn't been released yet I'm itching to play some online rpg game before life gets busy again.

He basically intercepted the .dll calls between the engine and directx. There is a lot more to it then that, but that is the most simplest way of putting it.

#1302 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

It will be like Jade Empire with no sale for years, then they finally throw us a bone only to screw us after the sale.

Haha I know! That is what I was thinking and makes me want to just pick it up at $10...

#1303 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

He basically intercepted the .dll calls between the engine and directx. There is a lot more to it then that, but that is the most simplest way of putting it.

No idea what your talking about, but seems legit :) I'm just glad a few people understands and willing to dedicate their time in doing fixes/modding such as this for the community. From a preview of this game I heard it was pretty painful to play on keyboard/mouse, and framerate issues still persists. I don't mind the control issues as much, but hopefully someone would be able to fix framerate issues.

#1304 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Indie Gala 8 sounds promising. Definitely in for a group buy.

#1305 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Really curious what the ARPG series is... no way it's Gothic. Couldn't really find any likely candidates on Steam.

#1306 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Be Mine 4 is live.

Damn, no wonder I saw 40 people giving Revelations 2012 away on steamgifts.com. In for this bundle unless someone would like to gift it to me. (then i could always have that excuse in my back pocket) I actually want to buy Revelations, I'm so pathetic :drool:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1307 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Indie Gala 8 sounds promising. Definitely in for a group buy.

Sounds like another batch of 1c games to me: King's Bounty, Theater/Men of War, etc. If you bought the GG 1c complete bundle (or you are going to buy the upcoming Amazon one) then it's probably not worth it unless you want the Steam keys so badly. Hoping to be proved wrong...

#1308 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Really curious what the ARPG series is... no way it's Gothic. Couldn't really find any likely candidates on Steam.

My bet is Sacred Gold. It's on Steam and published by Strategy First (publisher for some games in other IG bundles). It's cheap enough to be in an Indie Gala bundle, and fits the "complete collection" hint.

#1309 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

My bet is Sacred Gold. It's on Steam and published by Strategy First (publisher for some games in other IG bundles). It's cheap enough to be in an Indie Gala bundle, and fits the "complete collection" hint.

Good catch. Seems likely. I'll kick myself a bit if they include Dark Star One as I just bought it during the Summer Sale for $2.50ish. Ah well, just means some lucky Coconut Queen will get my spare key from my $1.50ish group buy!

Re: King's Bounty. It's not an action RPG. Doesn't really fit the description.

Re: Achtung Panzer. It's not on Steam but it is a Strategy First published game. I think we're looking at a Strategy First bundle.

#1310 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

The parts for my rig just came in!

:D

Too bad that the hdd and case arrive Monday for some reason.

:bomb:

#1311 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm really curious about the ARPG series as well, since I enjoy playing those games a lot. Definitely excited for IG8 when it releases.

#1312 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

For Just Cause 2, are any of the DLC like must haves or really good? I know they are cheap, but I am cheaper if they really aren't all that.

Nope.

And don't stress about the plot, or doing anything 'just right' in this game. Treat it like a cheesy 80's action movie, with horrible plot and voice acting, but lots of actions and over the top explosions.

#1313 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Haha I know! That is what I was thinking and makes me want to just pick it up at $10...

As dumb as it sounds, if it had Steam achievements, I'd have no problem with paying $10 for it. Since it apparently doesn't, I shall wait and hope for a sale.

630736.png

#1314 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

I actually misinterpreted it's not really 'series' but 'collection' so, as sunghost notes, Sacred Gold would fit this as it's the game + expansion.

My guesses:

- The complete collection of an awesome and award-winning action - RPG

Sacred Gold

- One of the few games that bring the tactical and strategic warfare of World War 2 to the PC.

Achtung Panzer.

- One of the most original and irreverent games ever made.. where you play as...

Ghost Master.

- A solid driving simulator where every regulation of chassis matters.

One of the Flatout games.

Other stuff will probably include Dark Star One (argh why did I buy this during the Summer Sale!), Disciples, Space Empire, Port Royal, etc.

#1315 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I actually misinterpreted it's not really 'series' but 'collection' so, as sunghost notes, Sacred Gold would fit this as it's the game + expansion.

My guesses:

Sacred Gold

Achtung Panzer.

Ghost Master.

One of the Flatout games.

Other stuff will probably include Dark Star One (argh why did I buy this during the Summer Sale!), Disciples, Space Empire, Port Royal, etc.

Those seem very likely, not sure about the driving simulator though. I was actually very tempted to get Ghost Master and Dark Star One during the summer steam sale.. glad I passed on them now.

#1316 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

Dark Star One is an okay game. I stuck it through to the end but thought about quitting numerous times. 'Shallow' is the best descriptive I could give it and it's really a shame. The engine is nice and they have a solid framework in place to make an interesting experience but it's basically just slaughtering system after system of generic pirates while you upgrade your ship and slog through fairly repetitive missions. There's basically no point in trading or accepting mercenary missions at the various trade stations.

#1317 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

None are at all necessary, but the Black Market Boom pack (now 49 cents) includes the Air Propulsion gun, which sounds lame, but is actually the best way to clear out crowded, heavily armed places. It sort of makes you invincible to close-range attacks and for some of the tougher missions is almost indispensable. I've certainly gotten my 2 quarters' worth out of that DLC pack. Every other piece of DLC isn't as good as the stuff you'll find easily in the game.

decker%2001.jpg

#1318 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Possibly that. Never really played the Flatout games (or any driving game, not a fan of the genre) so that guess was a bit uneducated.

#1319 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Those seem very likely, not sure about the driving simulator though. I was actually very tempted to get Ghost Master and Dark Star One during the summer steam sale.. glad I passed on them now.

Damn I bought Ghostmaster for 9.99 back in 2003 lol. (rebought on steam during summer sale) caved into the wife. :lol:
I'll pick up Skyrim in 2012 in the Indiegala XXX and finally see why Nancy is a happy whore.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1320 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Speaking of sims, I found this pretty lil ditty for Motoki a minute ago. Sorry, not a Steam activatable game though....

But it is TANKS!!!!
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.