Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1591 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Virtua Tennis is tempting

I picked it up

Game set match.

#1592 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Anyone want my 75% Portal 2 coupon? PM me and I'll send it your way.

Also looks like they took out MoW: Vietnam completely from the site (GF).
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#1593 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Walking Dead is great. Though I imagine it might hit cheaper by the time all 5 episodes are out, especially in a Halloween sale.

#1594 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Didn't know there was so much interest in Virtua Tennis. I won it in the holiday event and it took me 7 months to find someone who wanted to trade for it.
76561197996844513.png

#1595 poisonedsodapop

poisonedsodapop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Also giving away 75% off Portal 2 coupon. PM me with your name or contact me directly on Steam if interested.
Posted Image

#1596 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Walking Dead is great. Though I imagine it might hit cheaper by the time all 5 episodes are out, especially in a Halloween sale.

I know it's CAG but this is my GOTY so far and even at full price, it's a steal.

#1597 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Dark Fall: Lost Souls is the only game I am interested in IndieGala 8.

Anyone played that game and care to give a short review? Is Dark Fall similar to Amnesia?

#1598 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Bought the new Indie Royale. Glad to get in early. After the last one, getting it when it's still around five bucks makes me feel fortunate. (And yes, I paid a penny above minimum.) Glad I held off on Analogue previously. I'll examine the other games in the pack later. Previewing the $8 level album right now, and it's not making an impression, so no regrets there.

Have all the games in the midweek deal bundle, so no need to ponder that one.

Now to wait for the Indiegala happy hour.

#1599 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Super Monday Night Combat raptr reward for the summer pack. It includes a rubber duck and sunglasses. 2750 left. I assume that like other SMNC codes it must be redeemed in game and not on Steam.

Must be ranked newbie+ in MNC or SMNC and have your facebook account connected.

link

#1600 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

I have Virtua Tennis 2009 and I barely played it, I thought that building your player was too time consuming, it was very easy to win games as an amateur (almost all of my service returns were winners) but you had to play A LOT of tournaments to increase your ranking. The earlier versions were much more fun. Does anyone know how different is the new VT?

#1601 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I have Virtua Tennis 2009 and I barely played it, I thought that building your player was too time consuming, it was very easy to win games as an amateur (almost all of my service returns were winners) but you had to play A LOT of tournaments to increase your ranking. The earlier versions were much more fun. Does anyone know how different is the new VT?

No clue but I loved Virtua Tennis on my dreamcast. I'm hoping its still got all the arcadey goodness of the one i played aged ago.

#1602 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

I have VT3 on PS3 and I didn't notice this problem. No idea about VT4, but I'm going to find out =D

#1603 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hm jumped on Indie Gala 8 bundle, helps that I was able to give all the money straight to ablegamers
Posted Image

#1604 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

So I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I already owned Sacred Gold and tried to redeem the key for it from Indie Gala and got the "you already own this" message. Does that mean that I wasted the key for it from Indie Gala or is it still good for someone else to use?

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#1605 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

So I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I already owned Sacred Gold and tried to redeem the key for it from Indie Gala and got the "you already own this" message. Does that mean that I wasted the key for it from Indie Gala or is it still good for someone else to use?

It'll still be fine for anyone else to use. It hasn't been used.

#1606 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

It'll still be fine for anyone else to use. It hasn't been used.

Awesome! Thank you!

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#1607 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Oh, sure. I bought a copy of Waves when it was on sale at GMG (+voucher) to give away at some point. Now the world will be flooded with copies.

Just another example of Big Indie screwin' the little guy :bomb:

#1608 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've been wanting to get Analogue for a while, and since $5 was the lowest it's been on Steam, I jumped on the bundle (I considered the other games extras haha).

How long does Analogue take to complete? I heard there are multiple endings as well... is it worth playing through multiple times to experience them?
Posted Image

#1609 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Has anyone received a bonus copy of Starvoid after redeeming the free key from Fileplay?

MARS

#1610 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Has anyone received a bonus copy of Starvoid after redeeming the free key from Fileplay?

Nope, I don't think anyone did. I think you either get a bonus copy once the game officially launches, or it was a typo in the giveaway description.

#1611 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

I've been wanting to get Analogue for a while, and since $5 was the lowest it's been on Steam, I jumped on the bundle (I considered the other games extras haha).

How long does Analogue take to complete? I heard there are multiple endings as well... is it worth playing through multiple times to experience them?

4 hours will see you all endings and extra dickibg around to get all cheevos. A single play is probably 1.5

#1612 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

There's a guy on NeoGAF selling Guild Wars 2 digital download codes for $36.72. I already bought two off of him and they're legit. Only thing is you have to be a registered user to be able to PM him, so I guess you have to know someone who is. Looks like he's sold quite a few of them.

Input on this? I messaged him and he said this:

Hi

Yep I have a few left. $36.72 Paypal to arunz@btinternet.com , include your neogaf username - I'll PM over a code.

I bought a bunch back in April from a US authorized retailer. Sold a few to friends, now looking to sell the rest as demand is the highest it's been.

Cheers,

Now I am tempted to pick this up from him but I am still a bit leery. I have not kept up with prices for preorders and all of that or anything so I do not know how far fetched this story is or not.

Input oh lovely CAGs?

#1613 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Input on this? I messaged him and he said this:

Hi

Yep I have a few left. $36.72 Paypal to arunz@btinternet.com , include your neogaf username - I'll PM over a code.

I bought a bunch back in April from a US authorized retailer. Sold a few to friends, now looking to sell the rest as demand is the highest it's been.

Cheers,

Now I am tempted to pick this up from him but I am still a bit leery. I have not kept up with prices for preorders and all of that or anything so I do not know how far fetched this story is or not.

Input oh lovely CAGs?

Alarms go off for me too. Anything like this sounds shady. Does anyone know if there was ever a super cheap pre-order glitch or something? My only guess would be that maybe this guy bought up a ton of collector's editions and is selling them off in pieces so he is just trying to get rid of the game codes since he doesn't need him? Still you'd think he'd do at least $40.

Also I don't know how Guildwars handles stolen keys.

#1614 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Alarms go off for me too. Anything like this sounds shady. Does anyone know if there was ever a super cheap pre-order glitch or something? My only guess would be that maybe this guy bought up a ton of collector's editions and is selling them off in pieces so he is just trying to get rid of the game codes since he doesn't need him? Still you'd think he'd do at least $40.

Also I don't know how Guildwars handles stolen keys.

http://www.pcgamesn....rder-price-2499

I found this, it makes me feel better about maybe buying off of him?

#1615 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Just a heads up, Disciples II: Gold Edition is selling for $1.99 at GMG.

#1616 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

http://www.pcgamesn....rder-price-2499

I found this, it makes me feel better about maybe buying off of him?

That's in british pounds, so it is still around $40 american.

Edit:

Also have you tried just asking him how he can sell them so cheap?

#1617 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

That's in british pounds, so it is still around $40 american.

Edit:

Also have you tried just asking him how he can sell them so cheap?

Crap, good catch. I thought it was Euro at first glance.

I asked him how he can and he gave me the response that I put above.

Bah, I told myself if I can get the game for around $35 I would get it. So it is either from this guy or I wait for a nice sale.

#1618 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Crap, good catch. I thought it was Euro at first glance.

I asked him how he can and he gave me the response that I put above.

Bah, I told myself if I can get the game for around $35 I would get it. So it is either from this guy or I wait for a nice sale.

Hmmm, well have others provided feedback?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#1619 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hmmm, well have others provided feedback?

We have a CAG on here that has purchased two and says it has worked and multipe others on NeoGAF. I just worry that their servers are bogged now and then I can imagine some sort of purge after the first week or so and if the keys are not 100% legit then banned I go!

#1620 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

We have a CAG on here that has purchased two and says it has worked and multipe others on NeoGAF. I just worry that their servers are bogged now and then I can imagine some sort of purge after the first week or so and if the keys are not 100% legit then banned I go!

Yeah, I don't know enough about GW and how their sales work to know if our comrades in Russia are into the key business for them too. I think most of the international key sites I've been to offer it for sale, but at little to no discount.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782