Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1771 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts RollingSkull.
When I posted the announcement trailer earlier in the month I was pretty excited about it. (still am, but will probably hold off on purchasing a bit since I have so many other games to play right now).

#1772 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

I wonder how many aren't posted by the games developers, such as this one:

http://steamcommunit...567&searchtext=

And then later posted by the games developer:

http://steamcommunit...826&searchtext=

#1773 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

On a tangent, I recently finished Analogue: A Hate Story, which I got from the Getaway bundle.

Spoiler

I'll disagree with you on this, in spoilers.
Spoiler

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1774 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Speaking of Meat Boy...the Basement Bundle should be released tomorrow with all the old Team Meat games. $4 I believe, plus they mentioned a discount of some sort for loyal fans.

Could not possibly care less about that. Every bit of love I had for Meat Boy was squandered by the PC port follies, price drops, and Binding of Isaac. Pretty sure I do NOT need to pay for old free Newgrounds Flash games. Hell, Crate Box came free
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1775 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Could not possibly care less about that. Every bit of love I had for Meat Boy was squandered by the PC port follies, price drops, and Binding of Isaac. Pretty sure I do NOT need to pay for old free Newgrounds Flash games. Hell, Crate Box came free

But...but...it has achievements...

#1776 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

I wonder how many aren't posted by the games developers, such as this one:

http://steamcommunit...567&searchtext=

And then later posted by the games developer:

http://steamcommunit...826&searchtext=

Hopefully these are kinks that'll get ironed out, but yes it's bloody annoying. I've spent the last 30 minutes or so just poking around for something different and it's amazing how much dross has been submitted (with or without permission).

Didgery caught my eye though, looked interesting. Also upvoted Towns, Project Zomboid, and Towing Simulator.

#1777 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Just one more thing (which isn't in any way related to my previous post), I think Gotham City Imposters is going Free-To-Play. I'm a bit annoyed having actually paid for it but I've had my fun I guess. It's a nice take on the "team deathmatch shoot stuff" genre, hopefully going free will make the match-making a little more frequent.

#1778 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'll disagree with you on this, in spoilers.

Spoiler

Great points RS!
Spoiler

Either way, I'm still looking forward to see what the Hate Plus DLC will bring, though probably with not as much anticipation as I originally had for Analogue itself.
Posted Image

#1779 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Just one more thing (which isn't in any way related to my previous post), I think Gotham City Imposters is going Free-To-Play. I'm a bit annoyed having actually paid for it but I've had my fun I guess. It's a nice take on the "team deathmatch shoot stuff" genre, hopefully going free will make the match-making a little more frequent.

ahh crap. I've really gotta get rid of my tradable batman franchise now. Thanks for the heads up!

#1780 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Gotham City Imposters is now free to play.

Downloading it now! :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1781 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well I am on the verge of quitting sleeping dogs. This combat is starting to piss me the Fuck off. Oh I pressed the counter but it's not registering because of some bullshit so now I take damage that cost me half my health.

Yeah, I died like 4-5 times on a group of thugs and realized, just no. It's not worth the frustration.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1782 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

I hadn't heard anything about a Hate Plus DLC for Analogue but holy cow googling this game ALWAYS, ALWAYS makes me sad. Maybe I am not reading the author properly but I really don't think Analogue is supposed to be a screed about how awful white men are and how on a day by day basis they are just a sneeze away from chaining women up but holy cow every single dope on the internet sure seems ready to call it that.

Ah hell I'm probably wrong. She probably is making a point that her magic sci-fi "Somehow all technology was forgotten" twist means we're just a few heartbeats away from women being locked in the kitchen and used only to birth babies. Cue ominous "It's already happening cuz it's so disturbing that politicians want to control womens' bodies" blather because it's absolutely fucking impossible to have an honest disagreement about abortion so of COURSE you assume it is the latent incremental patriarchy hurr durr and not, well, that some people have a NOT ALTOGETHER BASELESS AND CERTAINLY NOT EASILY COUNTERED WHICH IS WHY YOU IGNORE IT belief that it is murder.

Sorry, I'm on a tangent now. I do like Analogue a lot though it feels kinda bad that, to enjoy it, I am deliberately taking parts of it that the author probably didn't intend it to go... maybe. I dion't know.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1783 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Well I am on the verge of quitting sleeping dogs. This combat is starting to piss me the Fuck off. Oh I pressed the counter but it's not registering because of some bullshit so now I take damage that cost me half my health.

Yeah, I died like 4-5 times on a group of thugs and realized, just no. It's not worth the frustration.

I had no such trouble with that. The countering wasn't Batman smooth but it didn't give me such hiccups.

That said some of those combat challenges were really hard until I came back with more moves
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1784 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

5 pages of dlc for it on the steam front page. I wonder if the ones from the franchise pack carry over.

#1785 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

I had no such trouble with that. The countering wasn't Batman smooth but it didn't give me such hiccups.

That said some of those combat challenges were really hard until I came back with more moves

It's weird. I had friends tell me they are getting ultra smooth combat yet I am getting some lag it seems whenever I try to counter someone a lot of the time. I am using a PS3 controller with motionjoy but I never had a problem with it before.

I am not getting any graphical lag either, this is all input lag for some odd reason.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1786 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

WOOOO.... I danced around buying Gotham City Imposters for a while... glad I kept dancing and never committed myself.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1787 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hurrah!

Bought it somewhere else a couple of months ago (Impulse?) but I would rather have it on steam. Hopefully I can still use my old account to sign in and whatnot.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#1788 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Great points RS!

Spoiler

Either way, I'm still looking forward to see what the Hate Plus DLC will bring, though probably with not as much anticipation as I originally had for Analogue itself.

Well, I think there are two things at play here.
Spoiler

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1789 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

GCI still crashes for me during matchmaking, I bought it like 6 months ago and still have never played more than a round at a time.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#1790 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

Not only is Gotham City Imposters free to play, but for some reason it's sitting in my games library even though I don't want it to be. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? I tried deleting local content, but that did nothing.

#1791 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

I Am Alive available for pre-purchase, act now for a free copy of Bloody Good Time.

Wonder if this will require uplay?

#1792 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Not only is Gotham City Imposters free to play, but for some reason it's sitting in my games library even though I don't want it to be. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? I tried deleting local content, but that did nothing.

Same here, annoying.

Also, Cardinal Quest II is on Greenlight. The first one was very basic, but a really nice simple roguelike. I had fun with it.

http://steamcommunit...471&searchtext=

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1793 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

WOOOO.... I danced around buying Gotham City Imposters for a while... glad I kept dancing and never committed myself.

me too...it smelled like a F2P from the get go though

#1794 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Into level one of SHAMELESS MEAT BOY RIPOFF* They Bleed Pixels and I am having a blast so far.

Don't spring for the soundtrack though

Spoiler

EDIT: Level 2 now, I think it's Dustforce more than Meat Boy, only it has combat and I like both the really tight platforming and the simplistic, brittle, but decent combat.

Edited by RollingSkull, 31 August 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1795 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I actually found myself dying quite a bit at first, especially in groups with a mix of grapplers (the big dudes that you can sometimes only counter with quick time events) and knife wielders.

I found the combat much easier when I changed my strategy a bit and found a couple jade statues:
1) The best upgrade I found, by far, was the follow up attack on a stunned enemy. This seems to be an instant kill on fodder and takes less time than the long x,x,x,x,(x) combo. Basically you need to upgrade first to allow x,x,(x) to stun the enemy, then follow up with another x to kick them in their face. Also, I always went for the fat grapplers first because I didn't like how they could interrupt my attacks with a grapple (which I can't counter).

You can counter at almost any time in your animation, except for some (hold x) follow ups, like x,x,x,x,(x) jumping kick. If you think people are going to attack, just do basic quick combos then counter.

The game also gets much easier when your face level increases, since you regain health and get more powerful when it activates. Also, when it's leveled up enough, you automatically disarm weapon wielders upon counters, which is awesome :) You can max out your face level quickly and easily by completing races. I recommend the GX300 for class B motorcycle, CS750R for class A motorcycle, Terre GT for class B car, and really any class A car (though I like the Tuono). All of these vehicles except the Tuono are pretty affordable.

Hope that helps!
Posted Image

#1796 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Doctor Who game on Greenlight!

http://steamcommunit...127&searchtext=

Rate it up! :D

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1797 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Doctor Who game on Greenlight!

http://steamcommunit...127&searchtext=

Rate it up! :D

If it's anything like the BBC ones it'll be pretty good. They were short but fun.

#1798 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

I've been voting up anything that looks vaguely interesting and complete on Greenlight. Looks like 1% = 1,000 up votes, so it's going to take a while for anything to get accepted.

#1799 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

100,000 votes? I can see a few games getting there, but I can see plenty missing out. If publishers start promoting greenlight more though I can see us steam addicts making the push.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1800 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

I think if we all band together, this can reach fruition. Everybody vote NOW!