Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2041 kitara91

kitara91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Use a different browser, or try clearing your cache/cookies. I had that error in firefox, but didn't in chrome. Also pasting the link into your browser may work, rather than clicking the link here.

this. anw the promotion is paused right now so ...

#2042 could have won

could have won

Backlog Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Dirt promo is back up. The answers are readily available from their website, plus Google search. Also check their Facebook page. I'm not going to give away the answers though, but it's super simple.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2043 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Now it's reporting: "Thank you for your participation! Our supply of game codes has run out."

#2044 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

"Thank you for your participation! Our supply of game codes has run out."
Always too late to the party.

#2045 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yeah me too. It said the promotion was on hold and now it says it's done. I suppose it wasn't meant to be for me.

#2046 Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Dark Queen of Sales

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Oh wow, that was fast. I actually managed to get a code. I'm usually way too slow for these, especially when I have to go research answers.

edit: There were only 239 codes after the pause, if anyone was curious.

76561198009717119.png

#2047 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on the offer, I got one after searching the site for the answers. Whew...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#2048 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm about five levels into Noted Meat Boy Clone They Bleed Pixels and my verdict is, eh, s'alright I guess. It's interesting but too much of the game is combat on slippery floors or platforming on slippery floors and, of course, spikes. There are a few cute ideas here like the checkpointing system but eh... It's good enough but you've played this game before, many times and cheaper still. Wait for a bundle.

The whole pixel indie platformer thing is getting too predictable.

#2049 DixieWrecTNINJA

DixieWrecTNINJA

TEAM NINJA CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Darn i just missed one congrat's to those who got them!

Thanks for the heads-up on the offer, I got one after searching the site for the answers. Whew...

#2050 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Would it be worth it to pick up Half Life 2 now, or should I wait for the Half Life Complete pack to go on sale again?

I went ahead and bought it. I may have saved a few bucks down the road when everything else goes on sale, but really, I'm only interested in this and Episodes 1&2, so I don't really want The Orange Box of the Complete Pack. So really, it depends on what you want. I just got a PC and really want to play HL2, so it was worth it for me to spend a few bucks on one of my favorite games. If you know you really want everything, you may want to wait.

#2051 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Aww I missed out on Dirt Showdown. Should have looked on here earlier.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2052 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Oh and for pity's sake don't buy the horrible soundtrack to They Bleed Pixels when you DO get it. Just mute the ingame music and loop one of those Meat Boy or BoI soundtracks you've got from all the bundles
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2053 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

I think I burned myself out on sleeping dogs this weekend. I got home from work on friday played sleeping dogs for part of my night. Sunday and Monday were pretty much all sleeping dogs.

I mean don't get me wrong, I fucking love that game but looking back at my weekend, besides Saturday which was spending the day with my GF, all I remember is sleeping dogs :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2054 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Me too! But I just finished it, I have to say, the main missions (Green BLIP on radar) are some of the most entertaining and engaging story missions I have seen in a sandbox game. I tend to stay away from the genre because I get bored, but Sleeping Dogs was like crack.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2055 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Ever since I installed my new video card on Friday I've been tempted to buy a bunch of new games just to celebrate the fact I can actually play moderately graphically-demanding games. I keep reminding myself I already have a bunch in my backlog... But that's just not the same. :P

Playing Borderlands is a whole new experience for me, though. Before all my settings were pretty low, but now I can basically max everything. Love it!!

#2056 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Me too! But I just finished it, I have to say, the main missions (Green BLIP on radar) are some of the most entertaining and engaging story missions I have seen in a sandbox game. I tend to stay away from the genre because I get bored, but Sleeping Dogs was like crack.

Don't know how far I am in with the game, nor do I want to spoil anything but I must say, the story of this game is on GTA caliber. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that this game is almost as good as the PS2 GTA games, except for the fact there isn't as much crazy shit to do in this game for fun.

Either way, I believe this was well worth my $35. It's addicting. In fact it's my current GOTY, although I am 99% sure it's gonna lose to Borderlands 2. That reminds me, like what 2 weeks to Borderlands 2. Can't fucking wait, and well I might even buy the Season Pass for it.
Posted Image

#2057 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Don't know how far I am in with the game, nor do I want to spoil anything but I must say, the story of this game is on GTA caliber.

Really, I've only played it for a couple minutes (Darksiders 2 grabbed me way harder), but the dialogue and plot seemed a little ridiculous? Just cheesy stuff (says the guy playing Darksiders 2).

Maybe it gets better as it goes along.

#2058 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Don't know how far I am in with the game, nor do I want to spoil anything but I must say, the story of this game is on GTA caliber. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that this game is almost as good as the PS2 GTA games, except for the fact there isn't as much crazy shit to do in this game for fun.

Either way, I believe this was well worth my $35. It's addicting. In fact it's my current GOTY, although I am 99% sure it's gonna lose to Borderlands 2. That reminds me, like what 2 weeks to Borderlands 2. Can't fucking wait, and well I might even buy the Season Pass for it.

I think the story utterly smashes GTA, regardless of era. GTA had many mandatory missions that had no meaning to the story and were boring as all hell. Side missions in Sleeping Dogs at least are related to characters in the universe or are involved in there own mini story arcs.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2059 Flunkie

Flunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Crap I missed Dirt Showdown. :(

#2060 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

I think the story utterly smashes GTA, regardless of era. GTA had many mandatory missions that had no meaning to the story and were boring as all hell. Side missions in Sleeping Dogs at least are related to characters in the universe or are involved in there own mini story arcs.

Haha I second this opinion, though I've only played GTA4. I enjoyed SD's story and characters a lot more, but that's probably because I grew up with HK style crime/suspense movies (Infernal Affairs). I thought some things get pretty ridiculous in SD (ludonarrative dissonance and all that), which is kind of weird because the game takes itself way too seriously at times, but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Now is it the best sandbox game I've ever played? While it definitely looks the prettiest, I don't know if I can give it that crown. I enjoyed how ridiculous and over-the-top SRTT went with its missions, I liked the characters and ranged combat in Infamous 2 much more, and I think I prefer the overall story arc of RDR to any other sandbox game. Sleeping Dogs does a lot of things really well, though maybe not the best.
Posted Image

#2061 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Ever since I installed my new video card on Friday I've been tempted to buy a bunch of new games just to celebrate the fact I can actually play moderately graphically-demanding games. I keep reminding myself I already have a bunch in my backlog... But that's just not the same. :P

Dig out the receipts and recreate the experience! Seriously though, sometimes I look at the hard copy boxes on my shelf and get that new-game (for me) yearning. Similar but less intense feeling when I use Grid View on my Steam backlog. I own that? Ooh... shiny...
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2062 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Agreed on SD. I think it beats GTA4 in a LOT of ways. Excellent game.

Disagreed on Borderlands 2. BL1 was awful.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2063 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Imo, the GTA4 storyline was too grim and serious. GTA:VC had the storyline/setting that most appealed to me, 1980s Miami, a minor thug working his way to the top. GTA:SA didn't appeal to be as much but was still better than GTA4, early 1990s LA/SF/LV a wronged victim/gangster trying to set things right, gangsta style. I haven't played GTA4:EEFL yet.

#2064 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

GTA4's episodes don't fix it but they're nice enough if you like the Rockstar rambling writing even half as much as Rockstar itself likes their own writing.

The problem about GTA4 wasn't NECESSARILY the grim and seriousness of it. SD is serious as hell and mixes in the right amount of camp and just good writing to carry the game. My problem, and this carries over to Max Payne 3 and RDR too, is just the Houser writing has this affectation it can't rid itself of. Writing incessant gibbering monologues of parties, drunks, drugs, etc all with a sort of stoned college freshman's wannabe counter-culture rambling... I can't even put it properly into words but it is the sort of writing that thinks itself much, MUCH better than it actually is.

Like, for instance, I challenge any of you in the thread to name two things of consequence that happened in any GTA4 episode, RDR, RDR:UN, or Max Payne 3 that did not happen in the last two missions of either game, from memory (CAGs who JUST BOUGHT MP3 I almost think to exclude from this challenge but I dunno, it's almost even money.). Sleeping Dogs, you do not have that problem.

I also have some issues with the consequences and power levels and what not in each game. Why was that neurotic loser in GTA4 anything approaching a denouement for the game? WE FINALLY DID IT ITS OVER CUZEEN. Because you killed THIS inconsequential beta male? Good grief. And yet for all the people you murder, all the powerful, powerful friends you have made and have dirt on, that Russian you completely ignored still makes you piss your pants? Oh wait, no, he was saved for the episodes where he was another terrible final boss. SA had a similar issue with Tenpenny but at least he was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. I won't even get started on how hard they nerfed Max. Bah, I could keep ranting for another couple of pages but I still wouldn't make sense.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2065 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Disagreed on Borderlands 2. BL1 was awful.

In what way was Borderlands awful?

76561197971332172.png

#2066 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

Yeah your right. I love the side missions in SD because unlike GTA, they are not just pointless filler. Every side mission feels meaningful, even if it's just collecting some car for some guy, you really feel the impact from the world.

I really think the only reason I like the PS2 GTA games more was when I bet the game I can spend hours screwing around doing nothing but killing peds in hilarious ways. But for sheer story and world, SD takes it.
Posted Image

#2067 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

I wonder if we'll get a Sims 3 Midweek Madness; the new expansion comes out tomorrow.

#2068 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

In what way was Borderlands awful?

There wasn't a single part of the game that wasn't boring, even in couch co-op I found myself pining for better games. Loot collecting, questing, shooting, traversing, none of these were strong enough to keep me at the table no matter how many times I tried to like it
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2069 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Really, I've only played it for a couple minutes (Darksiders 2 grabbed me way harder), but the dialogue and plot seemed a little ridiculous? Just cheesy stuff (says the guy playing Darksiders 2).

Maybe it gets better as it goes along.

The basic storyline is kinda meh, but the DLCs are really good. Even the base story has a lot of funny stuff (are you reading the quests?).

#2070 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Waveform has a demo that's less than a GB. I played it and my conclusion is that it's not worth $2 so I'll wait for a bundle.

yeah, my wife told me it was crap when I got home from work.

saw this deal on steam forum

FREE Dirt Showdown

https://www.pugetsystems.com/pax/

(limited keys left)

work gets in the way of more free stuff. my son has been wanting this since it was released

Wait for the complete pack, this is a troll price.

thank you, I almost caved on the half life 2 deal. I'll wait for now.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this