Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#181 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Briefly read the description of Field Runners, it seems to be a Tower Defense game? If I already have my share of TD games via Defense Gride and Orcs Must Die!, would I enjoy it?
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#182 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Off topic, but as weird as these threads have been getting lately, why not?

Been watching this video nearly everyday since it came out.
Best music video ever

This single has been topping the music chart in korea for the past 3 weeks, a very catchy song i must say.

#183 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Off topic, but as weird as these threads have been getting lately, why not?

Best music video ever

I've watched this music video 5 times, yet I still can't decide if it's the worst or the best music video I've ever seen.
Posted Image

#184 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

Briefly read the description of Field Runners, it seems to be a Tower Defense game? If I already have my share of TD games via Defense Gride and Orcs Must Die!, would I enjoy it?

It's definitely Tower Defense. In fact, it's a very Tower Defensey Tower Defense game. Basically 'okay here's 1 bad guy, here's 2, here's 4, here's 16, here's 32...' that's pretty much all there is to it. Just lay down traps for more and more and more bad guys.

Mildy amusing for a bit but gets old really fast.

Then again, I think Tower Defense is an extremely tired and overdone me too genre full of games slapped together to make a quick buck so consider my opinion based on that.

#185 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

He's just misunderstood

NO! He's on drugs. Normal cheese wheels don't act that way.
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
and it's Puck Man... until they changed it due to a particularly opportune defacement opportunity. Underachieving delinquents. It takes a true delinquent to shoot out the B and the R in an "In-and-Out Burger" sign.

Despite watching enough Korean dramas to get a feel for conversational Korean, I just hear him sing, "Open Condom Style" ... wtf?

#186 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Got it for free from Amazon. Played for like an hour and got really bored, since nothing ever got past. It's one of the tower defense games without any defined paths. You get a huge rectangle, and you build your towers into paths. I usually don't like those.

My favorite Android one is HexDefense, but there's really only one really useful weapon.

#187 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

It's definitely Tower Defense. In fact, it's a very Tower Defensey Tower Defense game. Basically 'okay here's 1 bad guy, here's 2, here's 4, here's 16, here's 32...' that's pretty much all there is to it. Just lay down traps for more and more and more bad guys.

Mildy amusing for a bit but gets old really fast.

Then again, I think Tower Defense is an extremely tired and overdone me too genre full of games slapped together to make a quick buck so consider my opinion based on that.

I'm with you on that. Not much innovation since The Horde (1994, 3DO/PC). Below is the shortest least yawn-worthy introduction. It was a damn fine game, and slightly ahead of it's time. It combined city planning, defense planning, resource growth and defense, as well as action.

Edited by asheskitty, 15 August 2012 - 07:00 AM.
forgot wiki link

#188 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

New thread and already 10 pages in, I swear there are not enough hours in the day. :drool:

Spoiler

Well this explains everything, pacman is really a langolier! :)

#189 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm with you on that. Not much innovation since The Horde (1994, 3DO/PC). Below is the shortest least yawn-worthy introduction. It was a damn fine game, and slightly ahead of it's time. It combined city planning, defense planning, resource growth and defense, as well as action.

Spoiler

That actually doesn't look half bad. I think I would rather play that than most modern tower defense games. They could probably re-release as an indie game now without even having to do much to it.

Edit: Okay I looked it up and I am disturbed out by the Kirk Cameron cover image.

Spoiler

Edited by Motoki, 15 August 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#190 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thinking of old games that I'd like to have on a tablet, reminds me of RoboSport (1991). Yes sure, Frozen Synapse is reinterpretation. But I much preferred the style of RoboSport. You plan actions of a small team of robots in advance then everyone (networked multiplayer/AI) executes their action simultaneously. It also had a very cool game save/replay feature. It was in the 3 games that I kept on my 386 laptop's 80 MB drive all the time, the others being Civ and Dune 2 (Though I now keep FreeCiv and OpenDune on my phone... go figure). Hmm, I could DosBox it...

Oddly I cannot find any youtube videos that show it off, despite it being a Maxis game.

Posted Image

#191 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

That actually doesn't look half bad. I think I would rather play that than most modern tower defense games. They could probably re-release as an indie game now without even having to do much to it.

Edit: Okay I looked it up and I am disturbed out by the Kirk Cameron cover image.

Spoiler

It was the start of the era of cheesy FMV. One PC version even shipped with a MPEG decoder card. Serious lack of Spoiler tags, -50 DKP.

Onyxia Wipe Animation

#192 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

About HBfA#3, in my opinion, Spirits looks good and I would go BTA, but I think the BTA price will be higher than -75% of this game on Steam, so I will pay humble $1, as I've got Spacechem and Uplink. CAG all the way.
They'll also add another game on start of 2nd week. I would hold with judging this bundle before until they finally add it. Anyway, I guess it will be RUSH, since it has been discounted a few days ago as daily deal and two other Two Tribes games were included in previous bundles for Android.

#193 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

I don't remember Field Runners being in a bundle, but I know Uplink and Spacechem were in previous Humble Bundles. I'll probably buy it for a dollar to have BIT.TRIP.BEAT and Face Runners, while skipping the BTA. All of the Android bundles have been pretty crappy IMO, but they're decent buys for $1.

I think Field Runners was part of the 10 cent sale awhile back, not in a bundle now that I think about it. Same with Spirit too I think.

But yeah I guess for a buck it ain't bad, I'm so used to the $5 Indie Royale's and the $6-$7 BTA that I was thinking the bundle would be $5 +

The other thing that bothered me about the Hmble Android bundles was that they wouldn't show up in your App list on Google Play (since there was no way to redeem them over there I don't think) , so they were a pain in the ass to keep updated. I really like having all my Android stuff in 1 place. Any word on whether that's changed or not?

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#194 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

That 1C bundle is massive, but the only things I'd want from it are to complete Kings Bounty, and Pneumbra which I didn't know was 1C. If anybody already has those consider me!

And yeah, welcome to the next year on Steam Gifts.

#195 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I think Field Runners was part of the 10 cent sale awhile back, not in a bundle now that I think about it. Same with Spirit too I think.

But yeah I guess for a buck it ain't bad, I'm so used to the $5 Indie Royale's and the $6-$7 BTA that I was thinking the bundle would be $5 +

The other thing that bothered me about the Hmble Android bundles was that they wouldn't show up in your App list on Google Play (since there was no way to redeem them over there I don't think) , so they were a pain in the ass to keep updated. I really like having all my Android stuff in 1 place. Any word on whether that's changed or not?

They released an android app to version check (check your Android HIB download page) and let you know if you're up to date or not. If not it opens your browser and downloads the never version. Not slick, but much better than not having it. I'm used to haveing a hodge podge of Play Store, Amazon Store, and a few sideloaded things (occasionally Play Store thinks my Nook is unworthy when it can handle something.) I've gotten quite a few nice Free App of the Day from Android, and they had some different $0.10 sales than Play store, though usually its shovelware.

#196 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

There's an Android Humble Application that tells you the status of your games: installed, not installed, update available.

#197 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Not going to get myself too excited about the latest Humble Android bundle. Last one turned out to be wholly underwhelming after I played the games.

Couldn't be worse than the last indie gala mobile. The Cthulhu game, the only I was really interested in, has the worst controls I've ever dealt with on a phone and it is practically unplayable because of that. The horror title is awkward at best and only scared me once: It was in my pocket and screamed, I was unaware it was still on.

#198 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

That 1C bundle is massive, but the only things I'd want from it are to complete Kings Bounty, and Pneumbra which I didn't know was 1C. If anybody already has those consider me!

And yeah, welcome to the next year on Steam Gifts.

Death to Spies, Space Rangers, and Star Wolves are worth taking a look into. Anyone else want steamgifts to get a Fuck or :spam: autoconversion?

#199 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

They released an android app to version check (check your Android HIB download page) and let you know if you're up to date or not. If not it opens your browser and downloads the never version. Not slick, but much better than not having it. I'm used to haveing a hodge podge of Play Store, Amazon Store, and a few sideloaded things (occasionally Play Store thinks my Nook is unworthy when it can handle something.) I've gotten quite a few nice Free App of the Day from Android, and they had some different $0.10 sales than Play store, though usually its shovelware.

There's an Android Humble Application that tells you the status of your games: installed, not installed, update available.

Nothing that adds it your Google account though?

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#200 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Nothing that adds it your Google account though?

Nope. I don't think that's currently possible. A few Kickstarters (including Shadowrun) hit this wall (it's the same with that half-eaten fruit store).

#201 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

Death to Spies, Space Rangers, and Star Wolves are worth taking a look into. Anyone else want steamgifts to get a Fuck or :spam: autoconversion?

Oh, I won the 1c indiegala pack. DtS is near the top of my playlist. I've got Cryostasis on Gamers Gate too.

A steam gifts auto word change would be swell. I don't know, maybe something like, "i won that game from the La Brea tar pits."

"I've entered the La Brea tar pits hundreds of times and I've never won anything."

#202 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

"I've entered the La Brea tar pits hundreds of times and I've never won anything."

:applause:

#203 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image

Ahhhh, the 3D0, so much great game hardware that was oh so poorly implemented. So many great memories . . .

#204 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

just played sleeping dogs and its a HORRIBLE port, what a shame
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#205 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Would love, love, love a It Came From the Desert HD remake. :)
And the Rocket one...Man, Cinemaware was *awesome*.

It was Rocket Ranger, and that was one that I missed, sadly.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#206 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thinking of old games that I'd like to have on a tablet, reminds me of RoboSport (1991). Yes sure, Frozen Synapse is reinterpretation. But I much preferred the style of RoboSport. You plan actions of a small team of robots in advance then everyone (networked multiplayer/AI) executes their action simultaneously. It also had a very cool game save/replay feature. It was in the 3 games that I kept on my 386 laptop's 80 MB drive all the time, the others being Civ and Dune 2 (Though I now keep FreeCiv and OpenDune on my phone... go figure). Hmm, I could DosBox it...

Oddly I cannot find any youtube videos that show it off, despite it being a Maxis game.

Posted Image

I can't be entirely certain just now, but I'm pretty sure I actually have this on my shelf somewhere.
76561197989704676.png

#207 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hey does Crysis games go on sale other than the seasonal sale? I just finished Crysis that I picked up from the recent summer sale and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing Warhead and the sequel. I'm normally not the biggest fan of fps but this game was pretty awesome.
Come check out my Trade thread!

#208 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I can't be entirely certain just now, but I'm pretty sure I actually have this on my shelf somewhere.

The box art is quite memorable.

Posted Image

#209 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

In the last few pages, there are more pics and videos than all of the pics and videos in the V4 thread combined. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#210 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

The box art is quite memorable.

Posted Image

No, it turns out I was thinking of RoboForge by SummitSoft:

Posted Image
76561197989704676.png