Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2101 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

As a sidenote to all this GTA-alike discussion I should probably drop a positive word in for Red Dead: Redemption. I thought it was excellent, although whether we'll see a PC port of it I'm not sure (guess it would have happened by now).

If you have a console and a spare week or two it's well worth playing. Being made to ride everywhere on horseback does a good job of making the world feel "big" again :)

I believe Rockstar said a port of RDR will never happen.

#2102 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Guess what the Daily Deal is...

Spoiler

Proof that Steam is becoming self-aware.

Next stop: Skynet :-(

#2103 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

An announcement as important as that must be posted with the utmost urgency.

#2104 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

An announcement as important as that must be posted with the utmost urgency.

The "wood orge"? has a point, never know who might have missed it as a daily the last 5 times.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2105 HuntingNoob

HuntingNoob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Midweek madness is Game of Thrones franchise.

Save 50% on
A Game of Thrones - Genesis and Game of Thrones, or 66% when you pick them both up in the Game of Thrones Bundle during this week's Midweek Madness*!

#2106 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

SR:TT was a big disappointment for me. Though at $10 for some mindless sandbox fun you could do worse. SD beats it.

I think the dates in SD were a sign of the game being rushed. I like to think they were intended as a statement on the protag, I.e. psychoanalyzing James Bond's many casual flings as a release valve blah blah blah. Either way, they got cut in all the right places that it seems weird the way they left it in.

#2107 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Spoiler

I literally laughed my ass off at this. It's always on sale, like Borderlands. Speaking of, were due for a Borderlands midweek/weekend sale at some point. Either this or next week.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2108 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.

#2109 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

The "wood orge"? has a point, never know who might have missed it as a daily the last 5 times.

Passing 5th time. I'm waiting for an unavoidable indie bundle with it. It has to end in one sooner or later.

#2110 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

That's a real bummer, Motoki. Your absence is a loss. I just hope all of this beef isn't to drum up interest because you both have albums dropping today.

#2111 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. .

Sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed your input on obscure indy games.

Hand__Of__God.png

#2112 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

I literally laughed my ass off at this. It's always on sale, like Borderlands. Speaking of, were due for a Borderlands midweek/weekend sale at some point. Either this or next week.

Probably in two weeks when Borderlands 2 is out.

#2113 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

That's why I continue to say we need to greenlight this game:

http://steamcommunit...021&searchtext=

And hash out any differences in a civilized, regal manner.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2114 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm playing through Saints Row: The Third at the moment after I was gifted it for a wedding present (better than 99% of other gifts we got). It's massively over the top, silly, crude, and most of all it's great fun. I'll do a proper Steam recommendation when I finish it but i'd definitely put it on your wish list if you like sandbox action games.

Summer Sale $13, pretty much was a must buy for everyone. I still can't believe it wasn't a price error, and included all the DLC but one.

You don't need to have played SR1 or SR2 to be honest, storyline and characters are introduced V quickly.

I think every sandbox gamer should play SR2. Of the three, I feel it is the best in the series. The plot/cutscenes/story was vastly superior in SR2, and it felt far more satisfying taking out the factions in it than in SRTT. Plus the character develop was a lot better as you really spent time with just the 3-4 main homies, and they felt like your crew. Granted it isn't quite as over the top as SR3, but it still has plenty of crazy fun. Plus you can do co-op cat and mouse mini game. There's a good mod out there that fixes some of the issues it has on the PC, plus adds some stuff that was cut from the game.

Oh and grab all the DLC too. The genkibowl pack is silly fun.

I got the Season Pass for free via pre-ordering, if I had paid $20 for it, I'd be pissed. Totally don't think it is worth it. If the entire collection goes on sale for $13 like the Summer Sale, then it's worth it. Some fun moments, but I don't think I'll ever 100% the game cause to much stupid grindy type crap.

Personal favorite moment? Probably the mission where you have to drive around with a tiger for company in order to learn "courage". Yes. That silly.

Spoiler

#2115 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.

Hrmmmmm I was wondering what happened to you....it doesn't feel right being in the group without the main queen being there ;)

Don't delete your CAG account either, if I remember we initially didn't get off on the right foot but after rubbing out coconuts together all was well :)

#2116 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

@Motoki

Doesn't CAG have an "ignore user" feature. There's no need to delete your forum account, just select the person's name, click ignore, and you will never have to read their posts again.

#2117 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

@Motoki

Doesn't CAG have an "ignore user" feature. There's no need to delete your forum account, just select the person's name, click ignore, and you will never have to read their posts again.

It does, unfortunately, not everyone in the forum has wised up and used this feature for this member, so we're still stuck seeing the arguments other people have with him in their posts.

#2118 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Spoiler

And I actually thought you were joking.... silly me.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#2119 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

They still can't get me to buy Hydroprobia. The only way I'm buying it is if it's included in an indie bundle (my bet is it'll be in Be Mine 5!)

#2120 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

That's a real bummer, Motoki. Your absence is a loss. I just hope all of this beef isn't to drum up interest because you both have albums dropping today.

Probably CAG post of the year.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#2121 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hm. Well, I didn't realize all of this was going on when I asked about the CQ invite over on Steam. :shock:

I hope you reconsider leaving but I understand why you want to go.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2122 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I lasted a couple more hours than you. Got to the horrendous rc helicopter mission and called it quits.

I actually did play beyond that part. Maybe my estimate as to how long I played was on the low side. It did take me several tries, and I was glad when it was over and done with, but I saw that mission through and later discovered that it was everyone's "That One Level."

But that isn't what soured me on Vice City, and I suppose that's probably rather telling.

I always figured I'd come back to either SA or 4 some time, but everything I've read about Saint's Row 2 and The Third has me thinking my time would be better spent there, and I did pick up the SRtT collection in the sale, so I'm set for now.

#2123 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

That sequence reminded me of older games where there would just be these ridiculously difficult and seemingly pointless areas, but you grind through them to see it through. If Vice City was a tribute to 80s cops show themes, San Andreas did the same for the 90s gangsta rap films, but being in control of the action makes it freaking awesome. I had one of those moments playing San Andreas, where you're crossing the map in a jet and you can bail out thousands of feet above another part of the (game) world and parachute in to street level, with barely any loading. Awed me how far games had come to that point. Also, Jackson was good (although he's one of Hollywood's most overrated) but Woods stole the show.

Well I played the game on PC. It wasn't difficult because of the traditional factors, it was difficult because of the controls. Think of having a modern FPS without mouse control. WASD to move, arrow keys to look around. Except this was even worse, considering you needed 3 hands to control the helicopter. One hand on mouse to see surroundings, one hand on WASD for turning and such, one hand on the numpad for the throttle. This was just a terribly ported section to the PC. You can obviously see that the controls were optimized for controllers.

#2124 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

dramatic stuff

Motoki, I understand what you're saying, but you're omitting something important: this is the internet. There will always be people you don't like on the internet, as there are in real life. Every douchebag and asshole is free to spout his or her own self-satisfying tripe, regardless of how trivial or accurate it may be. There is no avoiding this in life; the burden lies on you to develop ways to handle these situations maturely. Let me just say that the answer is not drama.

You have friends here, and you shouldn't abandon them just because of him. The "ignore" feature is much more enjoyable than you may think. As for BSB, he is his own person, and he believes we should all get along. This is only an internet forum, after all. He isn't calling your house and setting fire to your relatives.

#2125 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.

#2126 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.

People voicing their opinions + others disagree = Days of our livesĀ²
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2127 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Motoki, I understand what you're saying, but you're omitting something important: this is the internet. There will always be people you don't like on the internet, as there are in real life. Every douchebag and asshole is free to spout his or her own self-satisfying tripe, regardless of how trivial or accurate it may be. There is no avoiding this in life; the burden lies on you to develop ways to handle these situations maturely. Let me just say that the answer is not drama.

You have friends here, and you shouldn't abandon them just because of him. The "ignore" feature is much more enjoyable than you may think. As for BSB, he is his own person, and he believes we should all get along. This is only an internet forum, after all. He isn't calling your house and setting fire to your relatives.

I don't know about you but BSB lit my grandma on fire. What a smell too, Stunk of mothballs and sticky buns.

#2128 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I don't know about you but BSB lit my grandma on fire. What a smell too, Stunk of mothballs and sticky buns.

Well, she could have been asking for it. I think we need to see Spoony's side of the picture before we can conclude whether the grandma lighting was reasonable or not.

People being fussy that other people are rude...

On the whole subject, I have really only seem most people argue with Motoki. Nothing against anyone involved, but when multiple people leave or quit and Motoki is always involved it tends to leave suspicion.

Perhaps I just do not have strong enough feelings toward anything to feel upset because of what someone else says and then ultimately argue with them. So I could just not understand, but I quite frankly find it quite easy to simply ignore people.

#2129 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

seriously? why not ignore them? theres a ton of idiots here, some with the title right there in the name, others not so much. just ignore and move on.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#2130 streakermaximus

streakermaximus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Proof that Steam is becoming self-aware.

Next stop: Skynet :-(

TF2 just got robots. Coincidence???