Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2131 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I just came here looking for deals and instead I discovered a soap opera. What does any of this have to do with anything? Truly, I'm curious.

Posted Image

MARS

#2132 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Incoming on SG

http://www.steamgift...ay/eUW3z/clones

#2133 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Incoming on SG

Thanks for the heads up.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#2134 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account.

I hate to see anyone go that has something to contribute. I appreciate your input on those hard to find gems like CQ.

Incoming on SG

This is a nice little game. I love Lemmings and it's a close cousin.

76561197971332172.png

#2135 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the Motoki/BigSpoonyBard feud. I hate unnecessary drama, so I'm going to make this quick.

I think, beyond the relationships, you both uphold what a CAG should be: Polite and adult. I've seen the general sentiment of the group dwindle as more and more rude types have flooded in, and I think the veterans are essential to setting a civil example. (Think simply about how the generosity of the Steam thread sparked additional giving and goodwill.) It's a responsibility, and it's one that cannot be done by a few well-meaning CAG's.

I think the CAG's here would lose more than a frequent poster or two - The board would lose real contributors.

#2136 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Ugh! I want this Game of Thrones bundle because I love ASOIAF but I know these are both subpar games (more so in the case of Genesis). I wish this was down around the $10-15 range for both. $25 is a little too much to pay for some guilty pleasures.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#2137 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the Motoki/BigSpoonyBard feud. I hate unnecessary drama, so I'm going to make this quick.

I think, beyond the relationships, you both uphold what a CAG should be: Polite and adult. I've seen the general sentiment of the group dwindle as more and more rude types have flooded in, and I think the veterans are essential to setting a civil example. (Think simply about how the generosity of the Steam thread sparked additional giving and goodwill.) It's a responsibility, and it's one that cannot be done by a few well-meaning CAG's.

I think the CAG's here would lose more than a frequent poster or two - The board would lose real contributors.

Well said! I really hope you will reconsider Motoki.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#2138 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.

Motoki, as much as I understand why you want to leave, I hope you can reconsider your decision. The group is growing but inevitably there will be a increase in numbers of rude and immature posters as well. It will be a real loss to the CAG community to lose a top contributor like you.

#2139 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

What EliotAndrews said.

#2140 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

I've been a lurker much longer than I have been a poster and I would be sad to see you go Motoki. You are one of the people that makes this more than just a list of deals, but an amusing community.

#2141 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Slightly more on topic, the Indie Gala released their last bonus games today: They are two racing games, SBK 2010 and WRC 2010 , both are DRM-free.

#2142 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.

I'm sorry you hate me so much, and I'm sorry that we couldn't work things out. I've felt sick for awhile knowing how much you hate me, and that's why I spent over 2 hours writing that long post to you awhile back. I'm sorry for ever offending you and getting on your nerves, and I've never had anything against you.

Obviously you aren't interested in resolving things though, and that's your choice. There's nothing more I can say about that.

I have given away of number of things in the group though... Not as much as you; I'm a dumb kid, remember? Dumb kids don't have a whole lot of money to throw around and give stuff away.

seriously? why not ignore them? theres a ton of idiots here, some with the title right there in the name, others not so much. just ignore and move on.

And this guy has got the right idea. Hopefully you can take his advice and just ignore me. I'm one random amongst many.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2143 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2144 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

That's why I continue to say we need to greenlight this game:

http://steamcommunit...021&searchtext=

And hash out any differences in a civilized, regal manner.

Holy Shit! That game looks awesome. I have to find this game now.

#2145 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

Motoki, as much as I understand why you want to leave, I hope you can reconsider your decision. The group is growing but inevitably there will be a increase in numbers of rude and immature posters as well. It will be a real loss to the CAG community to lose a top contributor like you.

I <3 Motoki.

#2146 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

man, you miss a few days and the whole world goes to hell!

motoki, if you do in fact leave, i'm going to pour a 40 of coconut milk out on the curb for you. you will be missed, you magnificent bastard.
Posted Image

#2147 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Whoa, I'm with houdinilogic. Been going for a week and shit's hit the fan.

I love Motoki, though. Like, with 3x hearts and all.

That's where my vote is.

#2148 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Whoa, I'm with houdinilogic. Been going for a week and shit's hit the fan.

I love Motoki, though. Like, with 3x hearts and all.

That's where my vote is.

Siding with Motoki against Idiotekque is a pretty easy thing to do.

A rift between Motoki & BSB though, that's not so easy to pick sides. Both of them would be on a top 10 list of my favorite posters here if I were to bother making such a list.

I hate to be one of those "I told you so guys",
Spoiler
but this is exactly the sort of thing that made me avoid joining the group in the first place. These sort of battles always pop up when a group breaks away from main group. Though I confess, I wasn't expecting the rift to blow up between the two administrators.

#2149 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.

#2150 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

The fee won't be profit, they are donating that money to charity. $100 is a bit much, but if you can't throw $100 down to try and get your game listed it probably isn't something that's going to have much of a shot. I'm not sure how much different it would be at $50 though. I'm sure a small dev in a developing country who is working without pay until the game releases will feel it a lot more, too.

announcement

#2151 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Good change. $100 is more than affordable to anyone who seriously wants to pitch their game on Steam. And if they don't have it... they can do a Kickstarter.

#2152 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hey, so I've got 3 games on my Steam account...

I'm going to be getting a new PC with a new HDD, so can I redownload/install my Steam games again? Thanks.

#2153 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Yes, they're tied to your account not your machine.

#2154 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Spoiler
I fucking hated that mission with a passion.

Spoiler

What albums?
Spoiler

I feel like my dog just died after being run through a wood chipper and sold as Korean cuisine.
Spoiler

When I think of Coconut Queen, I always remember who I consider a good friend, Motoki, one of the most generous people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Spoiler

Posted Image

man, you miss a few days and the whole world goes to hell!

motoki, if you do in fact leave, i'm going to pour a 40 of coconut milk out on the curb for you. you will be missed, you magnificent bastard.

eloquently said. :cry:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2155 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

EDIT: Eh, what's the use.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2156 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

The fee won't be profit, they are donating that money to charity. $100 is a bit much, but if you can't throw $100 down to try and get your game listed it probably isn't something that's going to have much of a shot. I'm not sure how much different it would be at $50 though. I'm sure a small dev in a developing country who is working without pay until the game releases will feel it a lot more, too.

announcement

They also changed the voting to be Yes/No thanks, not interested instead of up/down votes.

#2157 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

announcement

Excellent change, hopefully this will be enough to stop people from posting other peoples games.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#2158 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

I wish there was some requirement as far as having a working product/beta/alpha to submit prior to entering greenlight.

For example, the Presidency game hasn't even settled on an engine to use and just started a kickstarter campaign for the game. What use is saying "I would buy this on Steam" if there is nothing for to buy and there never might be?

There should be at least a workable build out there and really the games should be funded or realistically close to the end of the development cycle. Seems like right now there are too many "we want to make this game and eventually we want it to be on Steam if we do make it!"

And I do get that if a game is "greenlit" then people might be more likely to kickstart it because it will have a Steam key, but I also feel greenlight shouldn't become a kickstarter cousin.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2159 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

I feel like my dog just died after being run through a wood chipper and sold as Korean cuisine.

There were some comedy nuggets here in response to the Queens drama; this, however, is fairly ignorant.

In regards to the Greenlight changes: great. Less chaff, more filling.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2160 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

I feel super-late to the game but I just wanted to say that even though I don't post a lot on this thread, I always like to skim through. Motoki, I really enjoy your posts because they are about ridiculous games and you somehow make them sound like a ton of fun. I hope you reconsider all of this and stay as a CAG.

Completely separate: Greenlight has already gotten way better. Hopefully we see a little more streamlining in the scrolling process, but so far so good.

fs_overall.png