Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2161 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

There were some comedy nuggets here in response to the Queens drama; this, however, is fairly ignorant.

Exaggeration for effect, sorry if you found it offensive or ignorant.
Maybe this will make you feel better.
Posted Image

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#2162 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Exaggeration for effect, sorry if you found it offensive or ignorant.
Maybe this will make you feel better.

I read an article on yahoo awhile back on how dogstealing was a big problem because dog meat sells very well per pound so guys run around on scooters stealing pets to sell and how some of them were getting beat or beating people violently over the dog meat. So technically it is ignorant but not entirely untrue.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2163 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Well, now you've just pissed off Fox. <-- in ref to cat meme Myself, I prefer GettodaChoppa baby, but no worries.

edit: Fack, ninja'd. Dog meat represents Korean cuisine about as well as Rocky Mountain Oysters represent American. Just sayin'.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2164 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Well, now you've just pissed off Fox. Myself, I prefer GettodaChoppa baby, but no worries.

edit: Fack, ninja'd. Dog meat represents Korean cuisine about as well as Rocky Mountain Oysters represent American. Just sayin'.

lol, but have you been to Korea?

I read an article on yahoo awhile back on how dogstealing was a big problem because dog meat sells very well per pound so guys run around on scooters stealing pets to sell and how some of them were getting beat or beating people violently over the dog meat. So technically it is ignorant but not entirely untrue.

Yeah, they sell a 3 ounce portion for 20 USD 35000 Won. Huge markup and a valued commodity in Korea.

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2165 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, they sell a 3 ounce portion for 20 USD 35000 Won. Huge markup and a valued commodity in Korea.

Yes, I have, and no I didn't see any on the menu. It's been a while though. I haven't had any luck finding it in any of the Korean joints here in Chicago either. Can you recommend one?

Wow, a huge markup on an illicit substance procured to slake a predominantly male degenerate appetite. That's unheard of in civilized societies.

I wish I could say this isn't a conversation I've had in various internet communities, but I can't.

Edited by dfg, 05 September 2012 - 02:56 AM.
grammar derps

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2166 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

Anyone who is poor as Fuck would eat dog meat. Korean health inspectors visited various slaughterhouses around the US in June of this year to determine if they should import US meat products, and none of them passed inspection. Korean health and safety regulations are stricter for slaughterhouses, which is sad.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2167 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

Yes, I have, and no I didn't see any on the menu. It's been a while though. I haven't had any luck finding it in any of the Korean joints here in Chicago too. Can you recommend one?

Wow, a huge markup on an illicit substance procured to slake a predominantly male degenerate appetite. That's unheard of in civilized societies.

I wish I could say this isn't a conversation I've had on various internet communities, but I can't.

I'm sorry, back when I was in college, some friends and I went to a little hole in the wall outside of Seoul and were told we were eating dog meat. It had no taste but was fatty and greasy and kind of just dissolved in your mouth. I haven't been to Chicago since I was a kid tagging along with my Grandfather when he was registering for his liquor license. And I agree we eat some weird shit here in the states, aligator eggs for one and the aforementioned goat testicles. What's the record for most people regurgitating simultaneously? We might be able to beat it.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my random blurbs.

Oh, and I want to apologize to the guy that asked what the Labor Day sale would be. I misinformed him it would be Hydrophobia Prophecy.

#2168 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

What the Fuck is going on in this thread? This is what happens when console gamers get PCs I wager.

#2169 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

EDIT: Eh, what's the use.

Dont know what you said (nor do I really care) but I am happy you did not leave another fucking essay like you did a few weeks back. Though, I do enjoy motoki's posts more than yours, but he also left some essays back then. Plus, I am a newb so I really have no qualms against either of you guys so far. IMO, back then at least (dont know what this "group" is that motoki is talking about leaving), Idiotekque was the one dragging on the debate. Still, the fact that Motoki was responding made him a culprit also. I have only been following these forum since mid-June but I have literally checked it multiple times a day since I found this forum. It would be a shame to see Motoki go as I always enjoyed his posts. I really hope you are reading all the support you are getting and decide to contribute again. Just delete the people you dont wish to read what they have to say. Also, Motoki, you said Idiotekque does not gift on these forums at all, while that may be true (and I know you have gifted quite a bit based on the comments people leave you saying "thanks for CC"), this is the internet, you cant expect everyone to be made of money and gift games left and right. One thing that does annoy me is that Idiotekque is selling Kaptain Brawe quite obviously in every post he is making for 3 bucks. That key was in groupees be mine 4 for people that only paid a dollar. I gave that key away for free in the groupees thread. No need to make money off the great community that is CAG. That and Idiotekque is a self proclaimed dumb person, no disrespect to him, I am too. I just dont publicly advertise it in multiple posts.

tl/dr Motoki, you need to come back and keep making great posts. Idiotekque, keep making good posts, but no need for the overly long/ defensive ones and please dont try to make money off of us CAG's.

EDIT: hilarious that this thread went from a soap opera to eating dog meat convo. I love CAG. less than three.

#2170 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

What the Fuck is going on in this thread? This is what happens when console gamers get PCs I wager.

Console gamers are more likely to have well-worded, reasonably thought out discussions on topics that are important to them? I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

(It's a Hydrophobia deal day. Just ride it out.)

#2171 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hey, I love the essay posts! :lol:

Speak for yourself ;)

EDIT: Humble Bundle 6 just got added to the registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16522
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16523

#2172 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Dont know what you said (nor do I really care) but I am happy you did not leave another fucking essay like you did a few weeks back. Though, I do enjoy motoki's posts more than yours, but he also left some essays back then. Plus, I am a newb so I really have no qualms against either of you guys so far. IMO, back then at least (dont know what this "group" is that motoki is talking about leaving), Idiotekque was the one dragging on the debate. Still, the fact that Motoki was responding made him a culprit also. I have only been following these forum since mid-June but I have literally checked it multiple times a day since I found this forum. It would be a shame to see Motoki go as I always enjoyed his posts. I really hope you are reading all the support you are getting and decide to contribute again. Just delete the people you dont wish to read what they have to say. Also, Motoki, you said Idiotekque does not gift on these forums at all, while that may be true (and I know you have gifted quite a bit based on the comments people leave you saying "thanks for CC"), this is the internet, you cant expect everyone to be made of money and gift games left and right. One thing that does annoy me is that Idiotekque is selling Kaptain Brawe quite obviously in every post he is making for 3 bucks. That key was in groupees be mine 4 for people that only paid a dollar. I gave that key away for free in the groupees thread. No need to make money off the great community that is CAG. That and Idiotekque is a self proclaimed dumb person, no disrespect to him, I am too. I just dont publicly advertise it in multiple posts.

tl/dr Motoki, you need to come back and keep making great posts. Idiotekque, keep making good posts, but no need for the overly long/ defensive ones and please dont try to make money off of us CAG's.

I appreciate your comments. It is true that I did "drag on" that conversation with Motoki awhile back with the "essay" post, but that was a concerted attempt to level with Motoki, apologize for certain things, and generally try to make peace with him. I realize long posts like that can be annoying though, and I would have kept it private between Motoki and I, but he had me on ignore. I also put the lengthy bits in spoiler tags after someone gave me the idea.

As for selling keys, a lot of people do it. Note that I'm not posting those advertisements though, they're just in my forum signature. I'm in a difficult spot and I don't have a steady job, so I do sell extra keys that I don't need that I get from various places (like bundles). That's the only way I can usually afford to buy games for myself... I'm sorry if it offends you and seems as if I'm trying to take advantage of the community, profiting off them, etc. I try to keep my prices reasonable, but I do understand what you're saying.

That said, I've bought keys from past bundles from people myself, and paid more than it cost them. I don't see it as them taking advantage of me, or my taking advantage of someone else. I actually appreciate the opportunity to buy bundles that I missed in the past. For example, a lot of people just got a Dirt Showdown key for free. I missed that, and I'd happily buy one for a reasonable price from someone who did get one. Again, I understand what you're saying though, and I'm sorry if it offends you.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2173 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

(It's a Hydrophobia deal day. Just ride it out.)

Hey, those Game of Thrones games are on sale too. I even heard the RPG wasn't entirely terrible. Been lurking Jakenome's trade thread to see if he puts it on there for cheaper, not sure I wanna cough up $24 for the pair of 'em. If he managed to do $10 due to Russian pricing I'd be all over it.

#2174 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

So the Green Light Bundle ends Friday. I already own Dino Run SE on Desura, and Syder Arcade is the only other one that seemed interesting to me. They've sold 2000 bundles.

Anyone here buy in? Can anyone sell me on this, or should I go back to forgetting it was running?

#2175 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

So the Green Light Bundle ends Friday. I already own Dino Run SE on Desura, and Syder Arcade is the only other one that seemed interesting to me. They've sold 2000 bundles.

Anyone here buy in? Can anyone sell me on this, or should I go back to forgetting it was running?

I believe they have pledged that anyone who buys the bundle will receive Steam keys *if* the games make it on Steam. Being that those games have more exposure than most on Greenlight as a result of the bundle, I'd be surprised if several of them didn't get voted in. It's a dice roll now - $5 for X out of 9 bundled games - could be 1, could be all 9.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#2176 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Spoiler

As I said dude, I have no qualms against you. You can do what you want on these forums. If someone wants to buy it for 3 bucks because they missed the sale, thats cool. I am happy enough also being able to buy from group buys and getting past bundles for great prices. Honestly, you arent even the worst person to try to take advantage of people on these forums, just go look at the steam trade thread, many people there are obviously selling keys they got for a much lower price for a much higher price. It it just sad to see motoki go because he dislikes two people on this forum. I havent noticed him post in the past couple of weeks and I guess I know why now. As for the dirt showdown key, I recently got that in a great trade, idc if the person got it for free but I dont believe he did. Either way I got the game and am having a much better time with it than I would have with the key I traded him.

As for the greenlight bundle, if you have an android and dont have any of the games offered in the bundle, it is well worth it. The android games are what pushed me over the edge as I was already thinking about buying it without the android versions. Honestly, I have only played the android versions of the games but I do plan on installing them on my older mac laptop in the future to play while I am on vacation.

#2177 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

EDIT: Humble Bundle 6 just got added to the registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16522
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16523

Seems like a pretty quick turnaround for a numbered bundle. It's only been about two months since HB5. Not that I'm complaining.

I'd imagine that it will launch sometime over the next 48 hours. Thanks for the head's up.

57j.gif

#2178 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Can't wait to see what's in the bundle.

#2179 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Erma gerd!

#2180 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Console gamers are more likely to have well-worded, reasonably thought out discussions on topics that are important to them? I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

The implication is just the opposite. Check out the GoHastings thread for an example.

#2181 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

If I were the type of person that posted gifs to illustrate how I felt I about something I saw in a forum thread this is where I'd post one of someone running around in a very excited fashion.

#2182 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

The 100 dollar fee doesn't sit that well for me. At this moment the most popular stuff, some of them decently well known (at least as far as indie go) are barely making it past the 20 percent range. And this is at the height of Greenlight being used. It's only going to slow down. I can see people being discouraged to submit when even the most popular stuff is sitting so low, much like how many people have boycotted the IGF the last couple years. Hopefully they either find a better permanent solution or tweak the numbers massively.

#2183 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Seems like a pretty quick turnaround for a numbered bundle. It's only been about two months since HB5. Not that I'm complaining.

I'd imagine that it will launch sometime over the next 48 hours. Thanks for the head's up.

They tend to throw up a random number though. I believe the Botanicula bundle was 6 or 7 in the registry before it launched, and Humble 5 (the real one) was 8.

#2184 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

The 100 dollar fee doesn't sit that well for me. At this moment the most popular stuff, some of them decently well known (at least as far as indie go) are barely making it past the 20 percent range. And this is at the height of Greenlight being used. It's only going to slow down. I can see people being discouraged to submit when even the most popular stuff is sitting so low, much like how many people have boycotted the IGF the last couple years. Hopefully they either find a better permanent solution or tweak the numbers massively.

They've said that 100% isn't needed to actually get a game listed. They're going to watch the numbers, see how things go, and tweak them. Even then 100% isn't going to be the deciding factor. They're going to look at how popular the games are, how much people are discussing them, how quickly they get support, etc. The percentage is more of a benchmark really, and very misleading.

#2185 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

They tend to throw up a random number though. I believe the Botanicula bundle was 6 or 7 in the registry before it launched, and Humble 5 (the real one) was 8.

Don't crush my dreams! :cry:

#2186 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

If you look at the registry it actually has a lot of HIB updates, most likely fixing all the old titles to be more accurate. So if they fixed them, it wouldn't make much sense to screw up already again.

#2187 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Dont quite understand what you all mean by all of this? Does this mean the bundle should appear within the next few days or not? Either way, I am quite happy with the last humble bundle for android 3 as that is the only one I have had the joy of taking part in. But still, that bundle was great and has hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. If this next bundle is anything like that then I am really looking forward to all future Humble Bundles.

#2188 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

If the Android bundle is all you know then, son, you ain't seen nothing yet~

#2189 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Damnit, just after I was happy to see you posting again Motoki! You add a lot to this forum, and help bring interesting perspective to what we would otherwise regard as bundle/sale chaff. Most place on the interwebs I just lurk, too many forums have more nastiness than I would care to expose myself to/get involved in, but lurking here for months, CAG revealed itself to be a great litte community. I think a lot of other CAGs in the last few pages expressed this and appreciation for you as a part of this community better than I.

Despite side-channel discussions I feel directly responsible for indirectly igniting events two weeks back. Please don't leave! Else I will have to take full responsibility. :seppuku: (why isn't there an animated smiley for this?)

I wish there was some requirement as far as having a working product/beta/alpha to submit prior to entering greenlight.

Working downloadable demo or GTFO! (Seriously this makes a lot of sense.)

Yes, I have, and no I didn't see any on the menu. It's been a while though. I haven't had any luck finding it in any of the Korean joints here in Chicago either. Can you recommend one?

There used be one north of Belmont on Clark across the street from a mongolian BBQ. There is a good chance there is at least one in Chinatown (Red Line-Cermak) there is a good size two-level strip mall on Cermak there with a buncha places to eat as well as a bunch of places on S Wentworth. Area is safe. Stay West of State St.

Beijing used to have a bunch. I hear that government officials prepping for the '08 Olympics forced it off the menu in a lot of places. "Fragrant meat"

#2190 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

There used be one north of Belmont on Clark across the street from a mongolian BBQ. There is a good chance there is at least one in Chinatown (Red Line-Cermak) there is a good size two-level strip mall on Cermak there with a buncha places to eat as well as a bunch of places on S Wentworth. Area is safe. Stay West of State St.

Somehow I don't think even the Chicago DPH would let them get away with that. But if it shows up at the next Taste, I'm in for 2.

edit: Was going to bring this up earlier but to try to veer back on-topic:

Borderlands 1 had partial drop in/out. Public games allowed this as long as the host did not leave. Private games didn't have an auto-allow friends to join option, but your friends could drop in/out if you send invites to them, which takes 20 seconds max. Honestly, never had an issue with that aspect of the game as my friends would play for long stretches of time and set up time was negligible in comparison. BL1 had issues, but very little were with core gameplay mechanics; mostly pretty bad UI design, inconsistent pacing problems, or physics engine issues with specific locations/vehicle control.

I should have been clearer about the DI/DO stuff, but I meant it was hard to progress in the story if your friends weren't doing it at the same pace as you (missions greyed out and such) and the auto-level-scaling of enemies in a mixed-leveled group was a bit frustrating as well. But I agree with those other issues; thanks for mentioning them.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image