Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2191 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

The implication is just the opposite. Check out the GoHastings thread for an example.

That was my point exactly, but thanks anyway for restating it.

Dont quite understand what you all mean by all of this? Does this mean the bundle should appear within the next few days or not? Either way, I am quite happy with the last humble bundle for android 3 as that is the only one I have had the joy of taking part in. But still, that bundle was great and has hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. If this next bundle is anything like that then I am really looking forward to all future Humble Bundles.

What this means is that, though it is in the system currently as "HIB 6," it may not be the sixth numbered bundle but another sub-bundle like when they do one for a single developer or the Android rehashes. Probably the former rather than the latter since they just did an Android one.

Whatever it is, it should appear very soon.

#2192 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

Erma gerd!

Hermble Berndlers!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2193 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

If you look at the registry it actually has a lot of HIB updates, most likely fixing all the old titles to be more accurate. So if they fixed them, it wouldn't make much sense to screw up already again.

Yeah, all of the older humble bundles are now listed correctly if you check the your licenses/subscriptions.

#2194 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

If the Android bundle is all you know then, son, you ain't seen nothing yet~

Hahaha, while I definitely appreciate you comment, I have read about past bundles and have already taken part in the steam 2012 summer sale as well as the amazon 2012 summer sale. This last HIBfA3 (especially since it happened a few days after I got my first android) was absolutely amazing for me. While I have not gotten all the games in the past HIBs, I can safely say that I have gotten most of the games I want from them even if I have paid a few more dollars for them. This last bundle was just the icing on the cake as I paid a buck for a bunch of awesome games I did not have on either android or the PC. This combined with the recent indie gala and groupees bundles, I am a new PC gamer that is quite happy. My 360, wii, n64, and original xbox will never be sold, and these cheap PC games along with the power of my new PC can and will never be replaced.

#2195 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

What this means is that, though it is in the system currently as "HIB 6," it may not be the sixth numbered bundle but another sub-bundle like when they do one for a single developer or the Android rehashes. Probably the former rather than the latter since they just did an Android one.

Whatever it is, it should appear very soon.

Ahh, thank you very much for explaining. I guess its just like when steam added games to their registry yet we still were not 100% sure of their sales. HIB is just more secretive by not even letting us know what games they will be offering. Either way it is great that we all know another bundle is coming soon.

EDIT: sorry about double post. noticed other post after I posted my first one.

#2196 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

I should have been clearer about the DI/DO stuff, but I meant it was hard to progress in the story if your friends weren't doing it at the same pace as you (missions greyed out and such) and the auto-level-scaling of enemies in a mixed-leveled group was a bit frustrating as well. But I agree with those other issues; thanks for mentioning them.

I played Borderlands solo (140 hours according to steam -- though that overcounts a bit due to extended afk pauses) and regularly found myself overleveled. I found it WillowTree quite useful to knock down my level (and reset the occasional lets-do-that-again quest).

#2197 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

For anyone who picked up Darksiders 2 recently, the Season Pass is 33% off over at GameStop.

http://www.gamestop....son-pass/104318

$19.99 originally, on sale for $13.39.

The Darksiders II Season Pass includes:
•Maker Armor - Unique armor made by the creators of the Universe!
•The Abyssal Forge Pack - Featuring an all new environment and a raised level cap! (Available October 2012)
•The Demon Lord Belial Pack - Packed with unique loot and brand new enemies! (Available November 2012)

EDIT: And the base game just popped up on sale as well! (Standard Edition)

http://www.gamestop....siders-ii/99675

$49.99 originally, on sale for $33.49.

Edited by Showstoppa42, 05 September 2012 - 07:38 AM.
More stuff on sale

Posted Image

#2198 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

If I were the type of person that posted gifs to illustrate how I felt I about something I saw in a forum thread this is where I'd post one of someone running around in a very excited fashion.

Give it half an hour. If nobody has obliged by the time I get to work I'll dig out one of a fox (Not CheapLikeA) on a trampoline.

#2199 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

Give it half an hour. If nobody has obliged by the time I get to work I'll dig out one of a fox (Not CheapLikeA) on a trampoline.

Who knows, it might just be me. An ex exploited my trusting nature as a fox in love and released many compromising pictures of me, including one on a trampoline.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2200 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Looks like Spirits is on Steam now. Does that mean whoever beat the average on the Humble Android Bundle 3 got a Steam key for it?

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2201 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Looks like Spirits is on Steam now. Does that mean whoever beat the average on the Humble Android Bundle 3 got a Steam key for it?

I BTA'd and got a Steam key before it released and activated it without a hitch, and the store page says I own it now that it's officially released, so yes. :)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2202 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I BTA'd and got a Steam key before it released and activated it without a hitch, and the store page says I own it now that it's officially released, so yes. :)

Ahh, I couldn't convince my myself to jump on it. Oh well; probably wouldn't have gotten around to playing it anytime soon anyways.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2203 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ahh, I couldn't convince my myself to jump on it. Oh well; probably wouldn't have gotten around to playing it anytime soon anyways.

Don't worry, Severose buys everything even if he doesn't play it! Us true CAGs will wait until it hits $2.49 ;)

#2204 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

So I bought the Torchlight II 4-pack and it seems to be glitched. I dunno if anybody has mentioned it yet- didn't bother looking through the entire thread.

You're supposed to get 4 copies of TL and 4 copies of TL2- 3 giftable of each. I only got 3 copies of TL2- 1 for me, and 2 giftable copies. I got 4 giftable copies of TL- dunno if that's a glitch, or because I already own TL.

Looked around and it seems several other people have had similar problems. I saw something that said that the missing copy of TL2 will show up in you inventory after a few hours, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the case, so I still contacted Steam support.

#2205 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

You're supposed to get one copy of TL2 already registered to your account, 3 giftable copies of TL2 and 4 giftable copies of TL.

EDIT: Also some interesting news:

http://www.rockpaper...m-for-pc-games/

Edited by Draekon, 05 September 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#2206 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

I just saw that this morning. Pretty great news! Maybe a lot of people don't care (judging from the comments in that article), but I think it's always a good sign when large companies realize that intrusive DRM harms paying customers, not software pirates.
Posted Image

#2207 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I just saw that this morning. Pretty great news! Maybe a lot of people don't care (judging from the comments in that article), but I think it's always a good sign when large companies realize that intrusive DRM harms paying customers, not software pirates.

I really hope this means they're going to remove the always on from existing games that have it. I could finally buy AssCreed Revelations.
Wubwubwubwub.

#2208 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

I thought this was sort of old news though and despite what they said last year they still kept always on DRM in a few games?

Are they saying they are completely removing it? Or is the guy basically regurgitating what they said last year?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2209 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Greenlight is about to get a bit more manageable to browse. They're instituting a $100 fee to list a game and instead of throwing the entire list at you will, they'll show you a smaller mix of popular and new games.

The fee won't be profit, they are donating that money to charity. $100 is a bit much, but if you can't throw $100 down to try and get your game listed it probably isn't something that's going to have much of a shot. I'm not sure how much different it would be at $50 though. I'm sure a small dev in a developing country who is working without pay until the game releases will feel it a lot more, too.

announcement

Cool. I posted here when Greenlight first started that they needed $100 fee or something to get rid of the junk. It just got too unmanageable to rate games honestly.

#2210 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Wooo, found it. I like my idea that if the game makes it you recoup the fee, the rest can still go to charity.

Until they get an initial filter to get rid of the garbage before it can even be voted, I don't see anything making it.

There should be a fee to get your stuff listed on greenlight to help clean it up. $100 sounds reasonable. Then if your game makes it you recoup those initial costs.

Sorry for double post. On mobile so no multi-quote unless I manually do it, and my phone hates copy/paste on cag for some reason.

#2211 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Humble bundle 6 on steam registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521

#2212 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Yea for Ubisoft. I hope they stick with this very standard process. I never understood why Anno had (has) such hard DRM. I hope that's scaled back too.

Edited by pantsattack, 05 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#2213 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Humble bundle 6 on steam registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521

Just wow. I hope it won't sit there empty until winter.

#2214 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Steam arbitrarily names the HIB with whatever number they feel like. Odds are this is another bundle like the android or a themed dev bundle. I wouldn't expect HIB 6 until around Xmas.

#2215 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I suspect today or tomorrow with a higher likelihood of the latter. It used to show up in the registry pretty well in advance and you'd know the games like a week early. The last few have been added only a day or two before the start of the bundle and then updated with games a couple of hours before it's live.

#2216 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Well, it's a positive step forward for Ubisoft to even say things like that publicly, so that's good. I'd still prefer if they removed all DRM in the instances where their games are sold on places like Steam where the Steam client already verifies content ownership. But we'll accept baby steps from Ubisoft at this point.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2217 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Don't worry, Severose buys everything even if he doesn't play it! Us true CAGs will wait until it hits $2.49 ;)

>.> Or if you were watching you were able to pick it up for $0.99 on Google Play this weekend, thread.

I think that's an old Ubi announcement. Remember that always-on just doesn't go over well (e.g. Diablo 3) even the Big Shill review sites slammed AC2 for the always-on DRM. Personally I refused to by AC2 and AC:B until the always-on bit was dropped.

#2218 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Added Midweek Madness deals to OP; will add daily in 20 mins.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#2219 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Today's deal is Necrovision + Necrovision: Lost Company at 75% off ($6.24)

#2220 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Today's deal is Necrovision + Necrovision: Lost Company at 75% off ($6.24)

Both of those are in Amazon's upcoming 1c Bundle that should be their PCDD DotW starting 9/9. Should be steam keys involved, but we haven't seen a complete list of what's steam and what's not.