Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2221 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Today's deal is Necrovision + Necrovision: Lost Company at 75% off ($6.24)

Anyone play this and have an opinion? Looks interesting.

#2222 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Anyone play this and have an opinion? Looks interesting.

Never played it, but I see that it has a demo.

#2223 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

NecroVision was in an indie bundle, I'm guessing Indie Gala: The Reckoning or possibly Indie Gala: The Reckoninger. It's sat in my backlog.

Obviously I haven't played it. I'd be terribly surprised if anybody actually has :lol:

#2224 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

NecroVision was in an indie bundle, I'm guessing Indie Gala: The Reckoning or possibly Indie Gala: The Reckoninger. It's sat in my backlog.

Obviously I haven't played it. I'd be terribly surprised if anybody actually has :lol:

I've played about halfway through the first one. It's actually the reason I bought a gaming mouse since there is a melee weapon mechanic built into the damage system. Basically do combos with shoot, melee, etc. builds up your like bonus meter and you can do cooler attacks, etc. I like the game. Sort of a supernatural nazi game which is nothing new really, but I enjoy this genre. The game looks good, and is pretty fun for me. That said, probably just a run of the mill FPS for most people. Plenty of gameplay videos online though if you want to see what it's about.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2225 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

EDIT: Also some interesting news:

http://www.rockpaper...m-for-pc-games/

Just read this and it's good to hear. But I will still wait and see if Ubisoft follows through with it.

#2226 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yea for Ubisoft. I hope they stick with this very standard process. I never understood why Anno had (has) such hard DRM. I how that's scaled back too.

That's precisely one of the reasons I've held off on buying Anno. The other is that the Steam discounts on it have been pretty weak.

76561197971332172.png

#2227 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Dang! Double Fine announced their next new game, Middle Manager of Justice for ios. It wrongly went live and now is pulled until the weeks-away release date. So some people have an early untuned build.

It's F2P and looks like a mix of Coconut Queen (more like Evil Genius really) and Freedom Force.

#2228 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Okay, so here is the response I got from Steam support regarding the Torchlight II bundle:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

Currently, the missing subscription is appearing about 6 - 48 hours after purchase. We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further. We thank you for continued patience.

Please exit completely out of Steam then log back into Steam to re-test the issue.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

The missing copy did show up for me when I started up Steam today, so I think it's fine to buy- there's just a chance that you'll have to wait several hours for one of your giftable copies to show up.

#2229 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Added NecroVisioN to OP.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#2230 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

I finally beat the main storyline of Borderlands! It only took me two years (bought the game summer 2010) :P

So how is Necrovision? Looks kind of interesting. (EDIT: Haha, I need to refresh the page before posting)

#2231 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey, I love the essay posts! :lol:

Speak for yourself ;)

EDIT: Humble Bundle 6 just got added to the registry

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16521
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16522
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16523

Yay, hopefully it doesn't disappoint or only have games I already own.

Also thank fucking god UBI got rid of that DRM. I may just buy PC games from them now if they scrap it from all of their games. Well at least the ones I want to buy :lol:.

I haven't bought the latest indie royale or indie gala so I need something to fill my indie cravings :lol:. I think I actually reached the point where I am not buying indie bundles to try random games because I own so many, but instead just looking for games I want.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2232 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I finally beat the main storyline of Borderlands! It only took me two years (bought the game summer 2010) :P

As well as Zombie Island, Knoxx, and Claptrap DLC?

Claptrap is the real conclusion to the storyline and Knoxx is not to be missed for the humorous dialogue.

76561197971332172.png

#2233 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

As well as Zombie Island, Knoxx, and Claptrap DLC?

Claptrap is the real conclusion to the storyline and Knoxx is not to be missed for the humorous dialogue.

Nah, haven't touched these yet. Haha. I might try to in the next few days, but things are going to get pretty crazy in my life soon.

#2234 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

I have to say, the Ubisoft DRM article and the "leak" of the next Humble Indie Bundle make for nice workday-ending surprises.

#2235 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Nah, haven't touched these yet. Haha. I might try to in the next few days, but things are going to get pretty crazy in my life soon.

The big heist day coming soon? "In just a little bit, baby, I'll be able to get you anything you want. Anything on Steam at all. Of course you won't be able to play anything because we'll be running from the law, and you know how the offline mode is awful."

#2236 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

>.> Or if you were watching you were able to pick it up for $0.99 on Google Play this weekend, thread.

@sunghost That sale is still going on apparently. I'm not sure when it is supposed to end.

#2237 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

I BTA'd and got a Steam key before it released and activated it without a hitch, and the store page says I own it now that it's officially released, so yes. :)

I forgot I had the game till I clicked on the page and I saw that wonderful green bar. "You already own Spirits." Damn straight, insensient program, damn straight. :bouncy:

Proof that Steam is becoming self-aware.

Next stop: Skynet :-(

"...insentient program..." :-#
Steam: :robot:
Me: :bow:
“I, for one, welcome our new cybernetic overlords.”

edit: Was going to bring this up earlier but to try to veer back on-topic:

I should have been clearer about the DI/DO stuff, but I meant it was hard to progress in the story if your friends weren't doing it at the same pace as you (missions greyed out and such) and the auto-level-scaling of enemies in a mixed-leveled group was a bit frustrating as well. But I agree with those other issues; thanks for mentioning them.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that was a big issue with the improper save file/quest mixing issues. Thank god for Willow Tree and the fact that I had beaten the game once before I even tried the multiplayer, so it doesn't matter that the initial shield quest is still on my level 69 characters. I remember in the announcements for BL2 awhile back they confirmed that the questing file issues would be resolved, so I shall soon retire my trusty .exe for Willow Tree. :D

@sunghost That sale is still going on apparently. I'm not sure when it is supposed to end.

I'd buy it if the Humble Bundle for Android that included this didn't also give Steam keys (might have been BTA only, but I always BTA if I buy a bundle), so everyone can do their happy dance and frolick with some circumspect woodland creatures on trampolines made of chocolate! :lol:

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#2238 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

For anyone who picked up Darksiders 2 recently, the Season Pass is 33% off over at GameStop.

http://www.gamestop....son-pass/104318

$19.99 originally, on sale for $13.39.

EDIT: And the base game just popped up on sale as well! (Standard Edition)

http://www.gamestop....siders-ii/99675

$49.99 originally, on sale for $33.49.

Thanks for this! Picked up the season pass. I am LOVING the base game, if anyone is still on the fence.

#2239 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

I got to play a little bit of Darksiders 2 the other night at a friend's... and I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I didn't get very far into the game (maybe 30 minutes), but it definitely made me want to finally go and dig the first game out of my Steam backlog.

#2240 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Midweek madness: Sword and Sorcery EP mini review.

The music is fantastic. It's almost worth it for the soundtrack alone. And the game, from what I played was a nice indie adventure style game. it's probably best in it's original iOS format as touch does make sense with the way it controls, but is fine with the mouse. And it's conveniently broken down into 10-20m chapters as well. And it was prob in an indie bundle previously, but if you want it, for the soundtrack and the game, it's a pretty nice combo deal.

#2241 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

It was, in fact, in the last 'numbered' Humble Bundle. I picked it up there. Maybe played a third of the way, through. I agree that artistically it's quite interesting, however, it really didn't hold my interest that long. Eventually I'll go back to it.

#2242 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

For what it's worth, my opinion is that Sworcey isn't a game. It's got a cute soundtrack that I'm not particularly fond of and a few cute landscapes but the game itself is terribly dull. Does not come close to challenging you except for testing your patience as to how long you want to watch your character walk from one end of the screen to the other over and over again. As far as entertaining you, there is a bit of glib wit here and there in the dialogue but you're not really getting a story either.

Somehow mixes this up in a layer of EXTREMELY undeserved smug hipster-ness to boot.

#2243 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Are you telling me you DON'T want to post your videogame status to Twitter, much less have a Twitter account at all?

#2244 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

For what it's worth, my opinion is that Sworcey isn't a game. It's got a cute soundtrack that I'm not particularly fond of and a few cute landscapes but the game itself is terribly dull. Does not come close to challenging you except for testing your patience as to how long you want to watch your character walk from one end of the screen to the other over and over again. As far as entertaining you, there is a bit of glib wit here and there in the dialogue but you're not really getting a story either.

Somehow mixes this up in a layer of EXTREMELY undeserved smug hipster-ness to boot.

Haha you know, I like some indie games (is Bastion considered indie? I enjoyed Limbo, Jamestown, Sequence, Sideways NY and SPAZ as well), but this is the exact feeling I got playing Sworcery. I first beat it on iOS a while back, and while I enjoyed it (for the most part), I was subsequently shocked when it received so much hype and praise in the ensuing months.

It's a fun little adventure game with a unique art style and EXCELLENT music, but I think the text tries way too hard to be "too cool for school". I beat it again on Steam since I got it as part of a bundle and wanted to enjoy the music, but this playthrough only reinforced my feeling of confusion toward all the praise this game received. The gameplay is trite, the battles are difficult only in trying your patience, and I still think the text takes itself way too seriously in a self-referential way.

Other games I felt were better on iOS: Battleheart, 10000000, Ghost Trick (though originally a DS game), Dungeon Raid, and Space Miner. Why does S&S get all the love...?
Posted Image

#2245 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

I only use twitter to follow the weird skanks who alternately talk dirty to nobody/everybody in particular and emote their issues. It's a weird, fascinating culture.

Speaking of fascinating cultures, I absolutely do not understand why Binary Domain gets loads of word of mouth praise and Inversion does not. They are both games of similar quality. I enjoy them both and really couldn't pick one over the other. Inversion's plot does kinda suck and it doesn't give the boss fights as much TLC as BD but apart from that...
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2246 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Pretty much agreed 100%. It's a nice, mellow game though. It doesn't take a lot of thought, and it has some subtle humor that makes it unique enough. The art style is also a bit interesting (although the music didn't really move me).

It didn't pull me in much though. I found the battling to be a bit annoying. I guess it's an adventure game, but the combat still kind of turned me off.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2247 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Re: Combat in Adventure Games

This almost turned me off of playing Gemini Rue after spending 20+ minutes on the first fight (which was only one enemy). I'm glad I toughed through it. Even though it wasn't the best Wadjet Eye game I've played so far (collectively the Blackwell Trilogy trumps it) the story was good enough to ignore the super crappy gunplay.

Lone Survivor the combat was horrid which actually did cause me to stop playing. Also that and I don't like zombies in media.

#2248 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Re: Combat in Adventure Games

This almost turned me off of playing Gemini Rue after spending 20+ minutes on the first fight (which was only one enemy). I'm glad I toughed through it. Even though it wasn't the best Wadjet Eye game I've played so far (collectively the Blackwell Trilogy trumps it) the story was good enough to ignore the super crappy gunplay.

Lone Survivor the combat was horrid which actually did cause me to stop playing. Also that and I don't like zombies in media.

Early on in Gemini Rue when the combat mechanic was introduced I thought it was simple and kind of cool. But then the fight in the weather tower was really getting on my nerves. I kept timing the headshot mechanic perfect but I would somehow miss completely. I died there about 8 times before making it through.

Edit: You mention the Blackwell Trilogy, but I see it as four games on Steam. Is there 1 that's not part of the trilogy or just an inferior game, or just a simple mistake on your part?

#2249 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Edit: You mention the Blackwell Trilogy, but I see it as four games on Steam. Is there 1 that's not part of the trilogy or just an inferior game, or just a simple mistake on your part?

It was "The Blackwell Trilogy" until the forth game, Blackwell Deception, was released more recently.

#2250 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

It was "The Blackwell Trilogy" until the forth game, Blackwell Deception, was released more recently.

For anyone interested, there is a fifth game in development tentatively titled Blackwell Epiphany.