Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2371 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

The devs are giving out free steam keys over at reddit
http://www.reddit.co...ased_our_first/
They might have run out by now, though.

Edit: they just sent me a Snapshot key

Very cool, I asked a question (about Closure) and it was answered in about five minutes. Who knows if I'll get a key or not, but thanks for the heads up. :)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2372 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

Anyone get a key on reddit in the past 10 minutes or so?

Got one for snapshot very recently.

#2373 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

I love it when game devs do cool things like that. I asked them a question, but even if I don't get a key, these games will end up in my library eventually one way or another :P

#2374 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

They're giving out keys at random now, so not everyone who posts a question is going to get one.

#2375 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

I got one for Snapshot recently too. And the Snapshot devs answered my questions too, very cool!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2376 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Ah cool. I asked 35 minutes ago and nothing so far although they look very busy!

#2377 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Yeah, same here. Thanks to dcarrigg for answering my question and sending me a code for Snapshot!

#2378 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

My snapshot question, about it's difficulty, was answered:

"Snapshot's difficulty is equal to the amount of time you want to put into it. The bare minimum of content to complete the game will be challenging, but nothing too crazy. If you want to hunt down all the secrets in the game however, you're looking at some crazy puzzles and platforming madness. ;D"

And a key about 35m ago. Nothing from the Closure people yet.

#2379 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Nothing from the Closure people yet.

I find that pretty ironic. We may just be left wondering, "What if I had submitted my question just a little bit earlier?" :lol:

#2380 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

kpulv replied to me which was good of him.

#2381 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

So I have decided to buy crysis maximum edition. It is 7.50 on amazon and steam right now. My only question is which one I should get? I'm thinking origin because it is an EA game, but steam because that's where all my other games are. Any suggestions?

#2382 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

So I have decided to buy crysis maximum edition. It is 7.50 on amazon and steam right now. My only question is which one I should get? I'm thinking origin because it is an EA game, but steam because that's where all my other games are. Any suggestions?

Steam. May as well keep it with all the others.

#2383 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

It's preference, really. There are a few EA games on steam that can also be activated on Origin, but I don't know that Crysis is one of them.

#2384 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

Alright, was mainly asking to see if one played better than the other, got updated more frequently, or maybe has less DRM. But if it's mainly preference I guess I should go with steam.

#2385 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

If I were you, I'd buy it off of steam. Then try and see if you could get a CS rep from origin to add it to your origin account. There's no guarantee that you'll get somebody to add it for you, but from what I hear some people have been able to get them to add it for them. And you'd have to go through the same process to add it on Origin if you bought it off of Amazon.

Of course, if you buy it from Amazon, you also get a copy that you can play outside of Origin. They also have a policy of granting new keys if you run out of activations on a game with activation limits. So there's that to consider as well.

EDIT: hadn't refreshed the page in a few minutes. Didn't see that you already made your decision.

#2386 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Still haven't quite made the decision. Haha your post only added to my confusion. In the end, Id probably regret not getting it on steam. Plus if I have to talk to a CS rep just to get it on my origin account, well that just seems like to much of a hassle. Thanks for that post, I will definitely go for steam now.

#2387 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

If I were you, I'd buy it off of steam. Then try and see if you could get a CS rep from origin to add it to your origin account. There's no guarantee that you'll get somebody to add it for you, but from what I hear some people have been able to get them to add it for them. And you'd have to go through the same process to add it on Origin if you bought it off of Amazon.

Of course, if you buy it from Amazon, you also get a copy that you can play outside of Origin. They also have a policy of granting new keys if you run out of activations on a game with activation limits. So there's that to consider as well.

EDIT: hadn't refreshed the page in a few minutes. Didn't see that you already made your decision.

Yeah, I got Crysis Max from Amazon and even the Amazon key for crysis did not activate on Origin. Had to chat with a rep to get it added.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2388 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Still haven't quite made the decision. Haha your post only added to my confusion. In the end, Id probably regret not getting it on steam. Plus if I have to talk to a CS rep just to get it on my origin account, well that just seems like to much of a hassle. Thanks for that post, I will definitely go for steam now.

I'd only get it on Origin if you somehow found the Origin version cheaper. If you end up thinking about buying Crysis 2, grab the maximum version on Steam. Apparently it has no DRM (aside from the Steam DRM).

#2389 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

I grabbed Crysis 1 ME on GameFly during their summer sale for $4.50 or so. Haven't seen that low anywhere since.

Who knows if the key will activate on Origin though. Haven't bothered to try yet.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2390 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Posted Image

Hand Banana!!!!

Tried, but haven't heard back yet. I'll buy these two anyway eventually.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2391 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Gah! Why do I have to work!? That's it, I'm quitting my job... ;)

It's okay, I got an A Virus Named Tom from the last developer reddit giveaway, which is a fun game btw.

#2392 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

I was of the mindset Amazon would be the place where I'd get the Crisis series so I can always be guaranteed a key that works. Do all the Steam Crysis games have a 50 activation limit now?

Edit: Ok C1 has fifty activations and C2 is drm free. Is Warhead considered part of 1?

Edited by pantsattack, 08 September 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#2393 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

I just realized that Borderlands 2 drops two days before Torchlight 2. Dat loot... Won't somebody please think of the children?!

MARS

#2394 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

The Basement Collection's fan discount was a limited time thing apparently. I wish I would have known.

#2395 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

I grabbed Crysis 1 ME on GameFly during their summer sale for $4.50 or so. Haven't seen that low anywhere since.

Who knows if the key will activate on Origin though. Haven't bothered to try yet.

I've found that customer support can activate keys on Origin without too much hassle. They did that for me for the Saboteur because my CD drive broke down and I couldn't install the disc.

I wasn't able to simply add the key to my account, however.

#2396 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Speaking of BL2 pre-orders. Does anyone know if any saved game unlocks these skins? Or do I need to get off my but and get a complete game save?

O wow, Gearbox lets people in the D/FW area focus test their games. Ugh, the're way up in NE Plano.

I focus tested Borderlands for them. I think the NDA I signed was for 5 years. Was pretty cool they gave us snacks and drinks when we went.

#2397 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

I focus tested Borderlands for them. I think the NDA I signed was for 5 years. Was pretty cool they gave us snacks and drinks when we went.

"This game needs more gunz and wub-wub."

#2398 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

I can confirm that Crysis 2 Maximum on Steam has no DRM:
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2330

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2399 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Man. Great to finally have a date for Torchlight.

#2400 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I just realized that Borderlands 2 drops two days before Torchlight 2. Dat loot... Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Exactly the reason I canceled my Borderlands 2 preorder, there won't be any time for two large loot driven games.

The Basement Collection's fan discount was a limited time thing apparently. I wish I would have known.

I wish I had known that too, was considering picking it up until I saw the discount disappear.