Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2401 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

I did grab the Basement Collection with the discount and thought about picking up an extra copy for gifting or trading, but there's no reason to think it won't go on sale again in the Winter Sale. It will be on a better discount before long, and likely before I've gotten around to playing it...

#2402 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

dammit. i can't believe the deal they have on crysis. i really wanted to get it from steam to try and avoid ea's securom drm, but i eventually settled on getting it at amazon for 7.49. then right after, they put it on sale on steam.

Auen1.png?7125

#2403 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

I can confirm that Crysis 2 Maximum on Steam has no DRM:
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2330

:cry:

Auen1.png?7125

#2404 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I can confirm that Crysis 2 Maximum on Steam has no DRM:
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2330

I'm thrilled about the lack of DRM on the second game, but I wish EA would remove the DRM for the first title.

I have refused Crysis up until now simply because of that DRM. Crysis 2's DRM removal is a hopeful start, but I like we're quite far from the finish line.

#2405 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

R.U.S.E. is selling for 5.99 on gamersgate, Steam activable. No DLC though
Posted Image

#2406 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

R.U.S.E. is selling for 5.99 on gamersgate, Steam activable. No DLC though

Amazon had a bundle with DLC for 7.39 recently, that was a better deal. It's over now though.

#2407 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

To the Moon is out on Steam! Finally! It's currently 20% off for 8 bucks right now.
Posted Image

#2408 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm thrilled about the lack of DRM on the second game, but I wish EA would remove the DRM for the first title.

I have refused Crysis up until now simply because of that DRM. Crysis 2's DRM removal is a hopeful start, but I like we're quite far from the finish line.

I don't think EA had anything to do with the maximum edition for 2 not having DRM. I think that was a crytek decision? I think I remember reading something about that, could be wrong though.

Also all this talk of Borderlands 2 is killing me. I am trying hard not to pre-order it and you all are making it so difficult. XD

#2409 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Wrong topic, but can someone let me know what they think about this? I'm not looking to spend anything other than the current total though

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
$309.99

ASUS P8Z77-V ATX Intel Motherboard $189.99

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Free with mobo purchase

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W Power Supply $59.99

nMEDIAPC Black HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case $69.99 (for my old computer. Using that case for this one and turning that into an htpc)

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 100315L Video Card with Eyefinity $149.99

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $69.99

Grand Total: $849.94

Also got a $15 gift card and $40 in rebates coming. Trying to take advantage of these weekend sales at newegg so I decided to post here looking for a quick response. I'm happy with all this stuff just checking if it will all work well together or if I can get something better/cheaper elsewhere. Thanks guys!

#2410 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Wrong topic, but can someone let me know what they think about this? I'm not looking to spend anything other than the current total though

$309.99

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Free with mobo purchase

nMEDIAPC Black HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case $69.99 (for my old computer. Using that case for this one and turning that into an htpc)

Also got a $15 gift card and $40 in rebates coming. Trying to take advantage of these weekend sales at newegg so I decided to post here looking for a quick response. I'm happy with all this stuff just checking if it will all work well together or if I can get something better/cheaper elsewhere. Thanks guys!

I just wanna recommend you check Amazon as well for prices since with the PC I am working on they saved me more than the rebates ever would but mind you I only had one $30 rate and the parts from Amazon were about $45 cheaper than Newegg.

Also I do not see an HDD on the list just what I believe is a 90GB SSD. Are you planning on using an older HDD you already have or did you forget to select one?
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#2411 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

$309.99

It seems to me you could scale back the CPU to an i5 3570 to save $100 and spend that money on improving the GPU to a 560ti or 570. You'll top out your GPU before the CPU.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2412 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Personally I think i7 CPU's are overrated for gaming purposes. Many tests have been performed and the performance gain for i7 over i5 is minimal, especially when compared to the price differences. Grab a i5-3570K and an after-market heatsink to O/C it without having to increase voltage. The 6850 will definitely be your bottleneck with that CPU, so it's better to get a slightly worse CPU and a better vid card.

I still have my old i5-750 (Lynnfield) which I paired with a $20 after market heatsink to o/c it to 3.8ghz. I pair this a Sapphire 7850 and I'm able to play most games at 60fps @ 1200p with ultra settings, or 1440p with high settings (low AA).

I'd recommend getting either an i5-3570K or 3450 and upgrading the vid card to a 7850 or GTX 670. Just my two cents!
Posted Image

#2413 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Wrong topic, but can someone let me know what they think about this?

I don't know much about computers, but I've always been told to use nVidia with intel chips and Radeon's w/AMD's.. Maybe that's an old wives tale tho.

I don't know much about Rosewill brand PSU's, but you might look for a comparable Thermaltake.

Also, you're going to need a 2nd hard drive. I highly recommend 2+tb. It's amazing how fast (and cheap) you can accumulate hundreds of games. Oh, and spend $10 for some Arctic Silver 5 (or comparable).
I agree with the i5-3570k suggestion. It's what I used in my PC and it works fantastic even on power saver mode. If you have a microcenter nearby they sell'em for $189.

#2414 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

$309.99

Yes, wrong thread. The i7 is overkill relative to the rest of the build.

#2415 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Not related to the current topic, but everyone must vote for Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Greenlight.

Vote for it, please! :D
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2416 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Not related to the current topic, but everyone must vote for Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Greenlight.

Vote for it, please! :D

I actually saw that right before you posted, and voted for it.

#2417 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Daily Deal is Kohan Warchest
66% off $19.99 $6.79

Seems pretty well rated. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of maybe just picking up Kohan 2 but if the others hold up well then I might just grab them all.

76561197971332172.png

#2418 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

It looks like the McPixel promo is helping the game's greenlight rating tremendously. It's already at 11%, surpassing Project Giana.

Relinking if anyone hasn't seen the promo yet: http://mcpixel.net/

#2419 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I don't think EA had anything to do with the maximum edition for 2 not having DRM. I think that was a crytek decision? I think I remember reading something about that, could be wrong though.

I'd imagine Crytek would be the only party in favor of DRM removal. How they got that accomplished with EA's approval is beyond me. Nevertheless, I hope it remains that way - I probably won't pick up 2 while this deal is live, since I want to buy a DRM-free version of the first title.

Hopefully, that's not a pipe dream.

#2420 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the responses. As for the i7, I'm not only going to use this computer for games, I was planning on using it for audio and video production as well, should have specified. The graphics card isn't so important to me because, being a CAG and all, I don't really have anything new unless it's been 7.50 or less because I'm cheap lol. So I probably wouldn't need something that can play skyrim or bf3 on ultra because I don't plan on getting them for a while anyway. I do however plan to get a 2nd graphics card down the line to crossfire. And I have a 2TB drive laying around I'm going to use, also planning on getting a 2nd SSD at some point and trying to dual boot into OSX for the music production end of things.

#2421 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Sleeping Dogs for $25 at Nuuvem if anyone's interested.

#2422 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hey guys seeing as everyone is now talking about Greenlight I feel like I found a gem in terms of games that I think people would like to see come to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them.

http://steamcommunit...tion=greenlight

They are DTP Entertainment AG, they are looking to bring Gray Matter, Black Mirror II, Black Mirror III, Venetica, and Crash Time 5, all to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them, they are quality games, and have very little votes thus far. I know a lot of folks here like Gray Matter, and Venetica and the others I'm sure as well so please vote so we can see them on Steam.

#2423 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey guys seeing as everyone is now talking about Greenlight I feel like I found a gem in terms of games that I think people would like to see come to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them.

They are DTP Entertainment AG, they are looking to bring Gray Matter, Black Mirror II, Black Mirror III, Venetica, and Crash Time 5, all to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them, they are quality games, and have very little votes thus far. I know a lot of folks here like Gray Matter, and Venetica and the others I'm sure as well so please vote so we can see them on Steam.

Thanks! I'd love for Gray Matter to come to Steam.

#2424 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Voted for'em! I almost bought Gray Matter, and the Black Mirror games from GG. I'd love to see them on Steam.

#2425 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Picked the game up for $35 recently and I have a little over 6 hours in it. So far I am liking it a lot.

#2426 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the responses. As for the i7, I'm not only going to use this computer for games, I was planning on using it for audio and video production as well, should have specified. The graphics card isn't so important to me because, being a CAG and all, I don't really have anything new unless it's been 7.50 or less because I'm cheap lol. So I probably wouldn't need something that can play skyrim or bf3 on ultra because I don't plan on getting them for a while anyway. I do however plan to get a 2nd graphics card down the line to crossfire. And I have a 2TB drive laying around I'm going to use, also planning on getting a 2nd SSD at some point and trying to dual boot into OSX for the music production end of things.

In that case do what you want haha. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it sounds like you already made up your mind about this. If you ask about PC building in the CAG Steam thread, I just assumed you are building the PC for gaming and want to get the most for your money. I honestly don't know too much about A/V editing and production (though perhaps other people might), so I can't help you there. Good luck!
Posted Image

#2427 Ithian

Ithian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Nuuvem removed Paypal last month for fraudulent accounts and solely use their own digital payment service to verify now. No more international buyers unless you have a CPF for now. They're in talks with Paypal to get it back online.

Here's the post.

#2428 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

In that case do what you want haha. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it sounds like you already made up your mind about this. If you ask about PC building in the CAG Steam thread, I just assumed you are building the PC for gaming and want to get the most for your money. I honestly don't know too much about A/V editing and production (though perhaps other people might), so I can't help you there. Good luck!

Haha I get what you're saying and its understandable, probably could have and should have been more specific with what I wanted to do. I like the build I set up but to be honest I'm still kind of new to all this (2nd build, and my first was recommended by CAGs) I just didn't know if these parts would work well together, if my power supply is good enough, etc. Or if I could get things just as good / better for less. Just figured I'd get the OK from people that know more bout this stuff than I do before I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks CAGs!

#2429 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks! I'd love for Gray Matter to come to Steam.

Totally, me too. Venetica as well.

#2430 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

There's Witcher 2 competition going on. Kinda silly rewards, but it encourages Cosplay so it gets a thumbs up from me ;)