Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2431 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Basement Collection's fan discount was a limited time thing apparently. I wish I would have known.

Oh darn. I put it in my basket to purchase the next time I bought another Steam game. Oh well, it'll be on sale another time.

http://steamcommunit...tion=greenlight

They are DTP Entertainment AG, they are looking to bring Gray Matter, Black Mirror II, Black Mirror III, Venetica, and Crash Time 5, all to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them, they are quality games, and have very little votes thus far. I know a lot of folks here like Gray Matter, and Venetica and the others I'm sure as well so please vote so we can see them on Steam.

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up.

#2432 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hey guys seeing as everyone is now talking about Greenlight I feel like I found a gem in terms of games that I think people would like to see come to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them.

They are DTP Entertainment AG, they are looking to bring Gray Matter, Black Mirror II, Black Mirror III, Venetica, and Crash Time 5, all to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them, they are quality games, and have very little votes thus far. I know a lot of folks here like Gray Matter, and Venetica and the others I'm sure as well so please vote so we can see them on Steam.

Gray Matter and the Black Mirror games have been on my "please come to Steam" list for a while. Vote them up!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2433 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Haha I get what you're saying and its understandable, probably could have and should have been more specific with what I wanted to do. I like the build I set up but to be honest I'm still kind of new to all this (2nd build, and my first was recommended by CAGs) I just didn't know if these parts would work well together, if my power supply is good enough, etc. Or if I could get things just as good / better for less. Just figured I'd get the OK from people that know more bout this stuff than I do before I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks CAGs!

Go to reddit and vist the r/buildapc subreddit. Post your build and what you want to do with it and they'll help. Thats where I went for help when I built mine.

#2434 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

hey guys; quick question:

i have portal 2 for steam, which i play on my account; i've installed it on two computers, and i'd like to play with my son on his account, however, when i try to load the game on his name it just takes me to the steam page of portal 2. is there any way to play on his name and mine at the same time without having to buy the game again?

Auen1.png?7125

#2435 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

i have portal 2 for steam, which i play on my account; i've installed it on two computers, and i'd like to play with my son on his account, however, when i try to load the game on his name it just takes me to the steam page of portal 2. is there any way to play on his name and mine at the same time without having to buy the game again?

No, it's tied to your account. He can play it but steam would have to be in offline mode as you can't be online on two pcs.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2436 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1847904

#2437 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Not related to the current topic, but everyone must vote for Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Greenlight.

Vote for it, please! :D

Hey guys seeing as everyone is now talking about Greenlight I feel like I found a gem in terms of games that I think people would like to see come to Steam, I hope you guys will vote for them.

This would mark both the first and second time I read about a Greenlight applicant in this thread and went immediately to vote for it. Thank you both for making me aware of these. :D

I was tempted to buy Grey Matter the last two times Amazon had it on sale for five bucks, but I figured I was more likely to play my Steam backlog than to get around to it. Buying it on Steam would be ideal.

#2438 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I've come to realize a major issue with Greenlight: I'll buy just about anything on Steam, so the voting mechanic effectively means little to me :lol:

Edit: If you're a boardgamer, Zooloretto is on Greenlight. Not sure if the licensing is legit, but if it is, I would love to see it come to Steam.

Edited by BigSpoonyBard, 08 September 2012 - 10:37 PM.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2439 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

This would mark both the first and second time I read about a Greenlight applicant in this thread and went immediately to vote for it. Thank you both for making me aware of these. :D

I, too, feel quite enthusiastic about sending these two games through. Sadly, both Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Gray Matter currently have only 1% of the votes necessary to run them through.

CAG's, look into your hearts, not your wallets, and vote for these two titles.

#2440 Splines

Splines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I think my 75% off portal coupon is still valid, I can gift it to you if so. PM me if you want it.

Edit: My bad, sorry about that. The coupon must have expired because it's not in my inventory anymore.

Edited by Splines, 09 September 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#2441 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

I, too, feel quite enthusiastic about sending these two games through. Sadly, both Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Gray Matter currently have only 1% of the votes necessary to run them through.

CAG's, look into your hearts, not your wallets, and vote for these two titles.

I haven't really been paying attention to Greenlight much, but it seems weird that both games are only at 1%. Even Black Mesa is only at 39% and I've heard a lot about that lately. Are they all low because a lot of people are voting "no"?

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#2442 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Shantae Risky's Revenge was mediocre as hell though.

Definitely voting Grey Matter.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2443 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

I haven't really been paying attention to Greenlight much, but it seems weird that both games are only at 1%. Even Black Mesa is only at 39% and I've heard a lot about that lately. Are they all low because a lot of people are voting "no"?

No's don't matter in that regard. They are low because they are older games that just got put on, and getting little to no promotion, whereas when Black Mesa is long awaited, free, and got a ton of push across the internet when it landed on greenlight.

TLDR, it's low because no one is really going to the pages yet.

#2444 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Not to mention the amount of upvotes required is probably too high at the moment. Valve has said that the system isn't set yet, so we may see a change.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2445 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

They're low because they just went up yesterday, and because there are 30 pages of Greenlight games to parse through, and because it takes a long time for these games to generate enough votes to earn a percentage point. Even popular games that went up the day Greenlight launched are hovering between 1 & 3%.

It'll take a while before anything gets accepted.

#2446 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Not to mention the amount of upvotes required is probably too high at the moment. Valve has said that the system isn't set yet, so we may see a change.

There will have to be a change; there just isn't enough people with enough or willing to dedicate enough time to rate game on Greenlight. They'll definitely have to cut down the current requirement.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2447 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Someone said McPixel was at 11% which would be the highest number I've seen if its true.

#2448 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Someone said McPixel was at 11% which would be the highest number I've seen if its true.

Black Mesa is at 40% right now.

Either way, I think it's been said that a game does not actually require 100% to be accepted. It's just a gauge to see how much interest there is.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2449 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Also, a game reaching 100% doesn't mean that Valve is forced to accept it, either. It can still be rejected for other practical reasons. Though ideally. those reasons would see it removed long before they get that kind of voting power behind it.

They set a purposely high threshold because, well, setting one that proved too low from the start would have been a fiasco.

#2450 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Black Mesa is at 40% right now.

Either way, I think it's been said that a game does not actually require 100% to be accepted. It's just a gauge to see how much interest there is.

I think Project Zomboid is at around 28%. I've decided Greenlight just annoys me. I see all kinds of stupid games with stickman, or skinnyman, or stupid tall gangly man, or whatever the heck that stupid flavor of the week character is with a bunch of upvotes, and then a classic like Silent Storm with no love. A game like Silent Storm shouldn't even have to on Greenlight, it should just be a no brainer.

#2451 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Edit: If you're a boardgamer, Zooloretto is on Greenlight. Not sure if the licensing is legit, but if it is, I would love to see it come to Steam.

Considering this is on the designer's site, there is a legit PC version.

http://michaelschach...flzooloPC0.html

Whether the person who put it up is legit is another question.
Posted Image

#2452 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

How do you guys think the betas for "Big Picture" mode will be handed out? Pillar of Community again?

http://www.theverge....-new-york-times
Posted Image

#2453 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Wrong topic, but can someone let me know what they think about this? I'm not looking to spend anything other than the current total though

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
$309.99

ASUS P8Z77-V ATX Intel Motherboard $189.99

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Free with mobo purchase

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W Power Supply $59.99

nMEDIAPC Black HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case $69.99 (for my old computer. Using that case for this one and turning that into an htpc)

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 100315L Video Card with Eyefinity $149.99

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $69.99

Grand Total: $849.94

Also got a $15 gift card and $40 in rebates coming. Trying to take advantage of these weekend sales at newegg so I decided to post here looking for a quick response. I'm happy with all this stuff just checking if it will all work well together or if I can get something better/cheaper elsewhere. Thanks guys!

You can save 306 by getting this http://www.geeks.com...1700478&cat=CPU get some liquid nitrogen and overclock it to 7 GHZ.

Not related to the current topic, but everyone must vote for Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Greenlight.

Vote for it, please! :D

done just because it's you.

loved black mirror would love to see their other stuff on Steam.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#2454 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

Wrong topic, but can someone let me know what they think about this? I'm not looking to spend anything other than the current total though

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
$309.99

ASUS P8Z77-V ATX Intel Motherboard $189.99

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Free with mobo purchase

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W Power Supply $59.99

nMEDIAPC Black HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case $69.99 (for my old computer. Using that case for this one and turning that into an htpc)

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 100315L Video Card with Eyefinity $149.99

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $69.99

Grand Total: $849.94

Also got a $15 gift card and $40 in rebates coming. Trying to take advantage of these weekend sales at newegg so I decided to post here looking for a quick response. I'm happy with all this stuff just checking if it will all work well together or if I can get something better/cheaper elsewhere. Thanks guys!

I just built a system, have some $$$ saving tips:

Get the i5-3570($230 on amazon) if your main use is gaming. you can research yourself, but there is only a few % difference in most games between the two and the 3570 will save you some cash. With the card you choose the i7 seems like an odd match anyway, I'd suggest using the money save on the i5 toward a better/newer card. The strides made in the current GPU generation with DX11 & tessellation are substantial. and I havent heard about any big new DX updates coming, DX11 could be like 9 and stay with us for a while, meaning a decent DX11 card will hold you over a bit longer. For $60 of the savings can net you a VisionTek 7850 instead at amazon, so you still come out ahead

Dump the Agility 3, when amazon has the 128GB agility 4 for $55 AR right now(are you a CAG or an imposter? really man, use a deals site). And if you can, look for or wait for a deal on a Samsung 830 SSD drive. its faster and more reliable, and on sale NO more than $20 more than that 3.

My new rig(Hadn't had one in YEARS, so I was tempted to go crazy until the CAg in me kicked in):
Corsair C70 Vengeance (drab green) case
(Extra two Corsair Performance AF fans in the side window)
P8z77-V
i5-3570
Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1600 Memory
MSi GTX 660Ti Power Edition 2GDR/OC
Samsung 830 256GB
HSGT 7K3000 2TB
Corsair H100 CPU cooler

I had it run Folding at home for 8 hours, while lightly OC'd to 4.1, and the CPU never got above 38 degrees C running full throttle the entire time, so I like the cooler. Have a OC profile for over 4.3 MHz when I want to push it that far, but the system got unstable without overvolting at 4.4. Didn't want to overvolt so just stopped there

Edited by 6er, 09 September 2012 - 05:38 AM.

PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2455 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

Hi all,

I have a stupid question. Hopefully there's a simple (maybe even stupid) answer.

I've seen some people selling several keys for one Steam game here in CAG's trading section and in the Steam forum trading section. People with something like 10 keys for a game not even out yet, or a game that is reasonably new. Doing the math, some of our fellow CAGs are carrying several hundred dollars of Steam keys. Crazy.

For preorders, are these people going to the same websites as the rest of us - GreenManGaming, GamersGate, Amazon - and just buying a dozen keys for one game when they think its at its lowest pre-order price and then treating those keys like some publicly-traded stock? Or are they small-scale merchants with access to keys directly from Steam because they buy so many?

I just don't get it. How is it that reputable members of CAG can sell pre-order Steam keys for $30 when GMG/GG/Amazon are selling them for $45 (or $38 if on sale) three months before launch? How is that profitable for them? Or have 8 keys for a game that's only been out for three weeks and sell the key at $25?

I'm just not understanding where the profit is.... I get the whole buy low, sell high mindset, but I wonder if there's more to it than that.
Thanks. :D

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#2456 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

No's don't matter in that regard. They are low because they are older games that just got put on, and getting little to no promotion, whereas when Black Mesa is long awaited, free, and got a ton of push across the internet when it landed on greenlight.

TLDR, it's low because no one is really going to the pages yet.

Hmm ok I think I get how it works now. It'll be interesting to see what gets chosen first.

They're low because they just went up yesterday, and because there are 30 pages of Greenlight games to parse through, and because it takes a long time for these games to generate enough votes to earn a percentage point. Even popular games that went up the day Greenlight launched are hovering between 1 & 3%.

It'll take a while before anything gets accepted.

Ahh ok, I didn't realize they just started the other day. I knew it was recently but I thought it started earlier in the week. Hopefully more people start voting!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#2457 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

*snip*

They get them from Antarctica Wholesale!

#2458 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

http://www.cheapassg...line=1346898888

MARS

#2459 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Don't forget the moon. Steam keys are so damn cheap up there.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2460 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

probably cheap russian keys that will get your game deleted in a couple months
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)