Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2611 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge Steam Key
http://www.famitsu.c.../09/_pccom.html
1. Enter your email.
2. Сonfirm.
3. Сheck out your inbox.
4. Click confirmation link.
5. Сheck out your inbox once again.
6. Enter the key on Steam.
7. Enjoy.

Btw. Any thoughts about Quantum Connundrum? Reviews are quite spreaded, so I would love to read what CAGs think about this game.

Sweet! Thank you.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#2612 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge Steam Key
http://www.famitsu.c.../09/_pccom.html
1. Enter your email.
2. Сonfirm.
3. Сheck out your inbox.
4. Click confirmation link.
5. Сheck out your inbox once again.
6. Enter the key on Steam.
7. Enjoy.

Btw. Any thoughts about Quantum Connundrum? Reviews are quite spreaded, so I would love to read what CAGs think about this game.

Picked it up, the translated site is making it seem like it's just the beta, along with the fact that the key registered as beta.

Download expiration date is up to 2013 年 1 月 31 日. After this date will no longer download Hitman sniper challenge (you can play, not just about be downloaded within the deadline expiration).

#2613 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

$3.75 with this voucher: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

I don't think it'll be cheaper anytime soon. If you don't have it yet, now is the best time to buy it.

awesome! i've been waiting for something to use my gmg credit on.

#2614 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Picked it up, the translated site is making it seem like it's just the beta, along with the fact that the key registered as beta.

Yes, I know, but at this moment those keys redeem the same game as retail ones, as you can see in Steam registry:
http://cdr.thebronas.../sub/apps/15712
http://cdr.thebronas.../sub/apps/14640
Also on that site is sentence that those keys are restricted to Japan, but, as we all can see, it's false.

#2615 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Appears to be dead.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2616 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yeah I think the Hitman offer has ended. My friend tried it and it took him to a different page to me.

#2617 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Re: the "Terraria announcement" from a few pages ago, it's not Humble Bundle related. They're releasing it on XBLA and PSN+. Interesting move, I might double-dip.

#2618 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've tried getting in on this deal four times now. Tried PayPal and Credit Card and nothing works. I keep getting errors. This was the first time I tried to use GMG. It was also the last. I'll just wait for gamersgate or steam to match the sale eventually.

It's worth noting that a couple of days ago one CAG reported games from GMG being removed from their Steam account (2K told them that GMG were not a legitimate Steam reseller) and also a few days ago another CAG was banned from posting GMG bargains on EA forums - EA told them that GMG were not a legitimate Steam reseller. So don't worry too much about missing this "deal". ;)

I used to tell people that GMG would probably be perfectly safe for in-stock Steam keys. I don't say that any more. :-#

#2619 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Re: the "Terraria announcement" from a few pages ago, it's not Humble Bundle related. They're releasing it on XBLA and PSN+. Interesting move, I might double-dip.

Lame

#2620 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

It's worth noting that a couple of days ago one CAG reported games from GMG being removed from their Steam account (2K told them that GMG were not a legitimate Steam reseller) and also a few days ago another CAG was banned from posting GMG bargains on EA forums - EA told them that GMG were not a legitimate Steam reseller. So don't worry too much about missing this "deal". ;)

I used to tell people that GMG would probably be perfectly safe for in-stock Steam keys. I don't say that any more. :-#

The guy bought a key from someone that said they got it from gmg. EA bans people for sneezing. 2k probably doesn't know their head from their ass, gearbox verified on their forums gmg preorders would recieve the preorder bonuses.

People have issues with their banks not gmg. If people just take two seconds and speak to their bank before making international orders all should be well.

#2621 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've tried getting in on this deal four times now. Tried PayPal and Credit Card and nothing works. I keep getting errors. This was the first time I tried to use GMG. It was also the last. I'll just wait for gamersgate or steam to match the sale eventually.

The first order you place when you create an account won't be able to advance to checkout until you verify an email they send. For some reason, after clicking checkout, the page does nothing and doesn't indicate that anything is wrong. I logged out and came back to gmg a short bit later and I think there was some text on the main page indicating my account could not place an order until I verify the email.

Perhaps this is your problem. I also did not have to call my cc before placing the order, but about 30 minutes later I received a fraud alert phone call where I merely had to verify the charges.

#2622 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

The guy bought a key from someone that said they got it from gmg. EA bans people for sneezing. 2k probably doesn't know their head from their ass, gearbox verified on their forums gmg preorders would recieve the preorder bonuses.

People have issues with their banks not gmg. If people just take two seconds and speak to their bank before making international orders all should be well.

I'm sure you're right...but it's not even worth the two second hassle. I'll just wait.

#2623 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Nice, great deal on Quantum!

#2624 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Man, I really hope Mark of the Ninja finds it's way to Steam. I'm still mad Shadow Complex never did, it was one of my favorite games of this generation and the only reason I miss my 360.

edit-- Spoke too soon. Just found this post on their official forums and it sounds promising.

http://forums.kleien...he-Ninja-on-PC

Hand__Of__God.png

#2625 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Man, I really hope Mark of the Ninja finds it's way to Steam. I'm still mad Shadow Complex never did, it was one of my favorite games of this generation and the only reason I miss my 360.

This.

I would gladly pay $20 for a PC version of Shadow Complex on Steam.

#2626 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I bought it during the Gamefly sale. I enjoyed it, but it does involve a large number of jumping puzzles and the controls aren't as tight as I liked. I had many puzzles that took a dozen tries just because the jumps are so hard to nail and I would miss one almost at the end of the sequence and have to start over.

That said the checkpoints are very generous and I never got that frustrated with the platforming. I enjoyed the voice over work and the overall charm of the game. Definitely worth getting while it is on sale.

#2627 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

edit-- Spoke too soon. Just found this post on their official forums and it sounds promising.

http://forums.kleien...he-Ninja-on-PC

I'm so glad you posted this. I was planning on getting it on 360 today but since it seems as though it's coming out on PC, I'll happily wait.

630736.png

#2628 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Snapshot is pretty boring, if anyone was curious about it. It's just a really straightforward puzzle platformer and it never offers an incentive to keep going, really.

#2629 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

This.
I would gladly pay $20 for a PC version of Shadow Complex on Steam.

Maybe it's worth to ask devs about putting the game on Greenlight?

#2630 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

I think the Hitman keys are still being given out at the Japanese Square-Enix Members site. I registered, then followed through with the log-in and submitted my birth date on this form without a problem. I'll make a follow-up post if I actually get the key.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2631 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Dammit. I bought the base game when it was on sale at Gamefly for $3.75. Should have waited a little longer. =/

Same. Small consolation is by the time it gets to the top of my backlog, the DLC/SP will be really cheap.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2632 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Maybe it's worth to ask devs about putting the game on Greenlight?

I think the issue with Shadow Complex is licensing rights with MS. There's enough of an established fanbase that they wouldn't need Greenlight.

Hand__Of__God.png

#2633 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Terrarria is $2.50 during the holiday sales anyway so it's not a total loss that it will not be in the humble bundle.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2634 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Midweek Madness is the Red Faction franchise at 75% off

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/15630

Is Armageddon backlog worthy?

Hand__Of__God.png

#2635 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

http://www.rockpaper...tall-locations/
Instructions for setting up the new built in install location changer. Nice that they added this feature, especially for people with SSDs.

#2636 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

don't take it personally is a SLIGHTLY more traditional style VN, with the added social networking stuff providing a similar pace-change as the email hopping of Digital, but less constant. There are more actual choices in don't take it personally but they are pretty pointless. There's no failure or game over so I recommend you pick any "cool" choice.

It also bears to keep in mind that she wrote that game in a month.

Personally, I thought it was decent for a free game, tho you don't get too much insight into the main character, who is mostly an observer. Some interesting commentary on privacy, but perhaps not as focused as it could have been.
Posted Image

#2637 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Midweek Madness is the Red Faction franchise at 75% off

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/15630

Is Armageddon backlog worthy?

I recently finished it, and I'd say it's good enough for 4.99. Nice shooting, fun, not a whole lot variation though. The DLC is pretty lame if you ask me, even for less than 2 bucks.

Armageddon was my first Red Faction game and got me curious about Guerilla, I think I'll bite it for 4.99.

#2638 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

There's also a swedish bundle as the midweek madness.... nothing too great

Red Faction remains one of my favorite games all time but I have not played the newer ones.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2639 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

http://www.rockpaper...tall-locations/
Instructions for setting up the new built in install location changer. Nice that they added this feature, especially for people with SSDs.

This is big news! Seems it's a little "behind the scenes" at the moment, but hopefully they bring this into the mainstream build soon! :bouncy:

#2640 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

There's also a swedish bundle as the midweek madness.... nothing too great

Red Faction remains one of my favorite games all time but I have not played the newer ones.

Apparently Lucasarts is now a Swedish indie developer, as Lucidity is in this pack.
Posted Image