Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2791 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

A friend showed me a Kickstarter for a game called Mercenary Kings, a Metal-Slug-esque RPG that looks absolutely amazing to me, and also includes a copy of their other game, Wizorb, which I'm guessing will be given away as a Steam key. The Kickstarter is almost over, so get in while you can!

For those interested, he also showed me the Pebble, an awesome-looking watch with some smartphone-like functionalities. The Kickstarter is over, and the price is somewhat high for a watch, but it's definitely cool to look at. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2792 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Worms Reloaded made me want to stab myself in the face, so I am never buying another Worms game again.

#2793 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

A Worms Revolution 4-pack is up now. It slashes $15 off the price, which makes it $44.99. Good shit.

MARS

#2794 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Worms Reloaded made me want to stab myself in the face, so I am never buying another Worms game again.

Don't let that abomination fool you. They've done great things with the formula in the past (Worms: Armageddon). I played the hell out of that as a kid, but I completely agree with you.

Their implementation of the AI in that game is absolutely awful. Either they blow themselves up, or they find the exact angle and power it takes to land a grenade on top of your worm's head, perfectly balanced might I add. It's nothing BUT rage-inducing, but the MP wasn't that bad if you could get past the awkward controls.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2795 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

A Worms Revolution 4-pack is up now. It slashes $15 off the price, which makes it $44.99. Good shit.

There we go. $11.24 a piece.

Worms Armageddon is easily worth $10 (it makes all the new Worms games look like crap, trust me), so I may bite on that price.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2796 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Played through the first 15 levels or so of 99 Levels to Hell. The gameplay is fairly solid and standard side-scrolling platform shooter fare though it feels like a game that could be done in-browser without losing much. Didn't unlock anything, and was kind of disappointed that when I selected To Menu it didn't warn me that all my progress past the first boss and all my character gear+stats would be wiped. Outside of that, the jumping physics seem a bit off to me -- air control seems far too limited if you have no momentum going into your jump. That said, that's my only real complaint about the game, and I look forward to future versions. Definitely well worth the bundle's price of admission.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2797 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

I'm as guilty as anyone else of having too many Steam games I'm not playing, but bundles like these just seem silly - are you guys going to be play this stuff or can you simply no longer resist the idea of a bunch of games for cheap?

I don't buy these bundles, they steal my money! They hypnotize me into buying them :cry:

#2798 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Fallout 3 supposedly doesn't play well with quadcore processors. I know some, perhaps most, people haven't had issues but it's a common enough problem to find people posting about it.

Try the solutions in this thread; they worked for me.

Fallout 3 was crashing constantly for me on Win Vista x64 with a Phenom II x4 955 BE until I tried that fix. It's only my opinion but it was one of the most awesome games I've ever played.

I'm as guilty as anyone else of having too many Steam games I'm not playing, but bundles like these just seem silly - are you guys going to be play this stuff or can you simply no longer resist the idea of a bunch of games for cheap?

Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!
Off with your head!!!!!!!!
:lol:
How can you ever have too many games?
Do you tell your wife, no more sex, we've had way too much already?
lol. umm sarcasm before anyone gets their big girl bloomers in a wad.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2799 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I don't buy these bundles, they steal my money! They hypnotize me into buying them :cry:

^this

Good thing I already own that pony game...otherwise the rainbow....its calling me (& my wallet)

BTW: Are the rest of the games in the bundle multiplayer only (like the last bundle)...if there was singleplayer it would be appeal but multiplayer-only games aren't my thing?

#2800 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

It gets even better. This is the email I sent to EA asking to delete my account and explaining the issue:

This is their response:

I should mention that during the original chat they refused to give me the date of birth that was on my account.

Outstanding. You should check Consumerist to see if they already have an example like that, and if not, then submit it.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2801 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

A friend showed me a Kickstarter for a game called Mercenary Kings, a Metal-Slug-esque RPG that looks absolutely amazing to me, and also includes a copy of their other game, Wizorb, which I'm guessing will be given away as a Steam key. The Kickstarter is almost over, so get in while you can!

Why hello there, Scott Pilgrim the Game development team! Looks like this is one to keep an eye on when it releases.

#2802 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yes, Mercenary Kings looks pretty slick. Do want.

BAB3? I'll get it. I don't have the rainbow horsey game yet, and I can't resist adding more games to my Steam account.

As for the Winter Wolves bundle, what's interesting is that several of their games are on Greenlight. I voted for them, but I'm not holding out much hope. But I will probably pick up that bundle once it goes live.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2803 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thief II is on GreenManGaming at 75% for $2.49 plus the "GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G" coupon to bring it down to $1.87.

http://www.greenmang...-the-metal-age/

#2804 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

I must continue to feed my Steam library, off to Groupees. <shakes fist at each and every one of you>

#2805 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Mercenary Kings doesn't impress. I'd rather have solid action than loot grind.

And, to be honest, it will release cheaper than the Kickstarter would be paid for. Since it is already funded, why pitch in to that?

Still a little upset that Project Giana only BARELY squeaked by. It HAD A DEMO. THATS MORE THAN EVERY OTHER KICKSTARTER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2806 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thief II is on GreenManGaming at 75% for $2.49 plus the "GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G" coupon to bring it down to $1.87.

Thanks! Traded in Greed: Black Border (that was free) for another $0.50 off, so it only ended up being $1.37!

Definitely the cheapest yet for that one. :D

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2807 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

I can't see the 4 Pack. Any ideas why?

#2808 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

I can't see the 4 Pack. Any ideas why?

It's anyone's guess. It went up, didn't have a 4-pack option, then had one ten minutes later, then didn't have one again another ten or fifteen minutes later.

Either it's a technical problem, or there never was suppose to be a 4-pack and it was added accidentally. Or they put the 4-pack up at the wrong price and took it down to change it. Who knows.

Really annoying though, since randomdud, M_F_A_H and I were all ready to bite on the 4-pack before it disappeared.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2809 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

It's anyone's guess. It went up, didn't have a 4-pack option, then had one ten minutes later, then didn't have one again another ten or fifteen minutes later.

Either it's a technical problem, or there never was suppose to be a 4-pack and it was added accidentally. Or they put the 4-pack up at the wrong price and took it down to change it. Who knows.

Really annoying though, since randomdud, M_F_A_H and I were all ready to bite on the 4-pack before it disappeared.

*EDIT* Have got the game now.

Edited by Carlmundo, 13 September 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#2810 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

And, to be honest, it will release cheaper than the Kickstarter would be paid for. Since it is already funded, why pitch in to that?

Still a little upset that Project Giana only BARELY squeaked by. It HAD A DEMO. THATS MORE THAN EVERY OTHER KICKSTARTER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE

When I saw that some games were greenlit I was hoping Gianna would be on there. Maybe next round.

#2811 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

So a friend bought me Worms Revolution.
I can see Worms Armageddon in my Game Library but Worms Revolution is nowhere to be seen.

Is this normal?

*EDIT* Team17 are looking into it.

Edited by Carlmundo, 13 September 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#2812 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

I am actually starting to resist the idea of buying these bundles unless there is something I really want. A month or two ago I started trying some of these indie games I would get in bundles. Shocking I know, and they were mostly meh to crap. So then I rethought to myself, why did I buy this. I haven't bought much indie bundles since, and I am still on the fence with BAB 3.

Were also not talking Bad Rats crap, were talking a step above that which is my do not want thing. The game has to be Bad Rats level of crap to make me want to play it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2813 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Crap. Seeing it full price at $9.99.Maybe it was a mistake? I own an original copy, but it may just be worth a digital steam version for $2.00

#2814 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

I am actually starting to resist the idea of buying these bundles unless there is something I really want. A month or two ago I started trying some of these indie games I would get in bundles. Shocking I know, and they were mostly meh to crap. So then I rethought to myself, why did I buy this. I haven't bought much indie bundles since, and I am still on the fence with BAB 3.

Were also not talking Bad Rats crap, were talking a step above that which is my do not want thing. The game has to be Bad Rats level of crap to make me want to play it.

I've been doing the same thing, not picking up the bundles unless there's one or two games I wanted before the bundle launched.

Crap. Seeing it full price at $9.99.Maybe it was a mistake? I own an original copy, but it may just be worth a digital steam version for $2.00

It was yesterday's daily at GMG.

#2815 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

That was my issue too. The art style looks interesting but the game doesn't WOW me enough to want me to support them like I did with Shadowrun Returns and a couple other games. I already got Wizorb when it was on sale and we all know MK will show up on Steam eventually at a 50% or 75% sale.
Posted Image

#2816 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Fallout 3 supposedly doesn't play well with quadcore processors. I know some, perhaps most, people haven't had issues but it's a common enough problem to find people posting about it.

Try the solutions in this thread; they worked for me.

Thanks for this info and to everyone else who suggested things. I found out that maybe fddshow audio codes were another possible cause for the locking up, but it seems I don't have that installed, so I've followed the suggestion above, hopefully that will fix it as the lockups are more frequent now (takes 2 or 3 attempts just to load the game, and now it locks up occasionally on the VATS shooting)
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#2817 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

According to the people on SG, there's supposed to be a new Bundle in a Box coming out tomorrow. Let's hope they have more original games and more realistic unlock goals this time.

#2818 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

According to the people on SG, there's supposed to be a new Bundle in a Box coming out tomorrow. Let's hope they have more original games and more realistic unlock goals this time.

It's Deep Space themed and not necessarily all PC games from what I understand.

#2819 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Saints Row The Third is currently on sale for $10 at GMG. Add this coupon: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G and it gets down to $7.50. That was enough for me to bite on the game, using up the remainder of my credit there. Not quite as good a deal as the franchise pack, but for those who don't want everything else, this works well.

Aside from the season pass, are there any other dlc that are absolutely necessary?

#2820 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

The Season Pass DLC is mediocre as hell and everything else is costume pack or vehicle crap. You don't need ANY of the DLC but anything you want you should be able to eyeball.

Like for instance, when it was cheap, I couldnt resist the gang clothes DLC for the Decker Skater outfit, which I then had to mod to look correctly because THQ and Volition are terrible companies.