Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2821 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Gateways is now available on Steam and 20% off ($3.99) until September 20th.

From the creative mind behind The Adventures of Shuggy comes an exciting new retro-styled 2D platformer and a winner of Dream Build Play 2012. Grab the gateway guns and explore a huge lab filled with mysterious puzzles in this classic platforming adventure.
Genre: Indie, Platformer

#2822 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Apparently Sam & Max is one of the Weekend Deals $15 for the complete collection.

Looks like Deus Ex is the other weekend deal.

#2823 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Apparently Sam & Max is one of the Weekend Deals $15 for the complete collection.

Looks like more money saved for me

#2824 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Crap. Seeing it full price at $9.99.Maybe it was a mistake? I own an original copy, but it may just be worth a digital steam version for $2.00

I didn't realize this was a timed deal when I posted, my apologies.

New deal from GMG:

The THQ-5 pack for $12.49 or $9.37 with coupon. ($2.49 a piece or $1.87 a piece) Seems like a really good deal.

The 5 games are:

Metro 2033
Warhammer 40,000 - Dawn of war II
Company of Heroes
Saints Row 2
Red Faction: Guerilla

Only downside is "One key is provided which activates all 5 games. If you already own one of these games, you cannot gift it to a friend!"

#2825 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Is the preorder dlc pack for Deus Ex HR worth it for $.99? I played through the game and absolutely loved it.

#2826 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Weekend deals
Deus Ex Collection $59.99 $14.99
All games on sale individually for 75% off.

Sam & Max Franchise 67% off

Daily Deal
Shatter $9.99 $2.49

#2827 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Anyone have an opinion on the Deus Ex DLC? Specifically "The Missing Link". How much new content is there?

#2828 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

It's about two or three hours. Fairly well designed, though. If you really liked the base game it's probably worth 75% off. The other DLC is fairly pointless even at the dirt cheap prices. The guns aren't really necessary or add any entertainment value to the game and the 'mini-mission' (Tracer Tong) is maybe fifteen to thirty minutes tops).

Also note Missing Link is a separate 'game' in that it isn't integrated into the base game. You boot it up and play it individually.

#2829 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Mafia II is $7.49 (steamworks) at gamersgate today:

http://www.gamersgat...MAFIA2/mafia-ii

Been that price before, but IGN discount will net you a better price.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2830 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Anyone have an opinion on the Deus Ex DLC? Specifically "The Missing Link". How much new content is there?

Took me 5 hours with a bunch of reloading to get all the achievements. It's a lot more stealth orientated, and there's an achievement that pushes you to use no augments or weapons, using a ton of stealth.

#2831 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Awesome sounds like a winner. Thanks all. :)

#2832 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Shatter is pretty awesome! Highly recommend that one. I liked the music a lot in particular.

#2833 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Aside from the season pass, are there any other dlc that are absolutely necessary?

As other posters have noted, I highly recommend AGAINST getting the season pass. I bought the season pass (and some other DLC) for like $4 or 5 total and I still feel ripped off. The costume/weapon DLC is pointless (though the shark gun and manapult are good for a laugh, you'll really never use them). The season pass DLC never captures the magic that even the worst missions in SRTT embodies, much less the great ones like mayor, deckers.die, etc.

This is what I wrote in an earlier thread:

That said, I just finished the 3 main content dlc (Genki bowl, Gangstas in Space, and Trouble with Clones). While SRTT was probably one of my top 3 games of last year, I could not find much joy in the new content. I feel they lacked the magic and creativity that made me love the original game, and I feel horrible for people who wanted to "support" THQ by paying full price for the season pass. This is not a good way to foster good will and confidence in a product :(

Posted Image

#2834 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Shatter is pretty awesome! Highly recommend that one. I liked the music a lot in particular.

Agreed!

#2835 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Shatter didn't really hold me when I picked it up last year. I played it once, getting through several levels. It was fun, but it just didn't have a hook. Worth the sale price, though.

#2836 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I would buy that GMG THQ pack, but only if it had separate steam keys.

Edit:
Looks like the groupees Winter Wolves bundle is up. I mostly wanted Loren, but I think I'll buy this in a couple of days.

Edited by jatan11t, 13 September 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#2837 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Shatter didn't really hold me when I picked it up last year. I played it once, getting through several levels. It was fun, but it just didn't have a hook. Worth the sale price, though.

The first time I played it I was thinking "meh." But I recently played it a little more and have been enjoying it. It's always fun to top your friends high scores as well.

#2838 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Co-sign.

MARS

#2839 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Speaking of soundtracks, I realized I probably have 15-20 soundtracks purchased through Steam so far. It would be nice if there was centralized way to access all music purchases.

#2840 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

So the Winter Wolves bundle is up, and I'm very confused by the bonuses. If you pay $10+ you get Planet Stronghold, but if the bundle sells 5000 copies (doubtful, I know), you get Planet Stronghold again? Erm...

I want to buy, but I want to know what I'm buying into first.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2841 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

As other posters have noted, I highly recommend AGAINST getting the season pass. I bought the season pass (and some other DLC) for like $4 or 5 total and I still feel ripped off. The costume/weapon DLC is pointless (though the shark gun and manapult are good for a laugh, you'll really never use them). The season pass DLC never captures the magic that even the worst missions in SRTT embodies, much less the great ones like mayor, deckers.die, etc.

This is what I wrote in an earlier thread:

You know most of the DLC, not just skins or weapons, were most likely just scrapped ideas from development because they weren't fun or something along those lines. But rather than create brand new content for DLC they most likely opted to try and improve upon those scrapped ideas. Which is why they probably turned out bad... they were most likely never good to begin with.

#2842 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Oh, and Shatter gets 5 thumbs up!

logo.png

#2843 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

So the Winter Wolves bundle is up, and I'm very confused by the bonuses. If you pay $10+ you get Planet Stronghold, but if the bundle sells 5000 copies (doubtful, I know), you get Planet Stronghold again? Erm...

I want to buy, but I want to know what I'm buying into first.

You know, I was discussing this with a fluffy person earlier today and I couldn't figure it out either. So if you pay $10 you get the game. But if you pay $10 and they sell 5,000 bundles then you get nothing. The bundle has been live for a few hours and has only sold 63 so I think it very unlikely it will sell 5,000.

My first inclination was to have everyone buy two bundles at $5 each and then you would spend the $10, but if it reached 5,000 you would then have two copies of every game.

That seems very unlikely though. It doesn't hurt to wait and see how it plays out and if they lower their goals.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2844 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

I grabbed the Winter Wolves bundle for 5.00

why not..

#2845 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Updated that front page. Two things: a) Can someone invite me to the Steam CAG group? I've started talking more... Thanks! b) Pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this, but there was no Half Price Books thread. Anyway, I found Space Marine (Steam activatable) with the Golden Relic Bolter key (which still works) for $6! Of course, YMMV...

Edited by RiseFromYourGrave, 13 September 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2846 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

You know, I was discussing this with a fluffy person earlier today and I couldn't figure it out either. So if you pay $10 you get the game. But if you pay $10 and they sell 5,000 bundles then you get nothing. The bundle has been live for a few hours and has only sold 63 so I think it very unlikely it will sell 5,000.

My first inclination was to have everyone buy two bundles at $5 each and then you would spend the $10, but if it reached 5,000 you would then have two copies of every game.

That seems very unlikely though. It doesn't hurt to wait and see how it plays out and if they lower their goals.

5,000 bundles seems a tad unreasonable for a bundle this niche. I'm really interested in it, but I'm worried about them realizing the error of their ways and adjusting the goal, making the $10 version rather pointless.

logo.png

#2847 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

5,000 bundles seems a tad unreasonable for a bundle this niche. I'm really interested in it, but I'm worried about them realizing the error of their ways and adjusting the goal, making the $10 version rather pointless.

so pay 5 like i did...and right before the bundle expires up it to 10 if it not close to reaching the goal

#2848 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Looks like I'll be waiting on both Groupees bundles, the BaB to see if they add games to it, and the WW one to see if the bonus is adjusted.

The first time I played it I was thinking "meh." But I recently played it a little more and have been enjoying it. It's always fun to top your friends high scores as well.

I'll give Shatter another go sometime, then. I'm not sure I even realized that it showed friends' scores since no one else had been playing it at the time.

#2849 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

Man, I'm debating the Saints Row 3 deal over at GMG. I'm sure SR3 will be cheaper on Steam at some point, and I'm in no rush since it doesn't sound as good as the second game. However, it would be nice to have another nonsense sandbox game lying around. I don't know, CAG's; How fun was SR3?

By the way, Shatter for $2.50 is an excellent deal. At that price, I highly recommend the game.

#2850 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the HD update to Oddworld Strangers Wrath is finally out. Free upgrade to anyone that owned it, games are 30 percent off as well.