Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2851 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

Saints Row is fun. It kind of peters out at the end, but for 7.50, well worth it.

#2852 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

Anyone else having problems buying off steam today?

Pretty sure it's just me. Anyone willing to buy two games? I'm trying to get Shatter and Deus Ex: Game of the Year but steam won't take my money.

If anyones willing just send me a PM with your paypal and we can work out a deal.

*'nevermind good now. Steam browser works better than firefox.

Edited by wuxbustah8, 14 September 2012 - 01:14 AM.

fs_overall.png

#2853 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

I think the anti-Saints Row 3 DLC thing is a little inflated. If you really love the game, $4 or so to play new missions isn't a terrible price, and the rest of the DLC (when it's on sale) is DIRT cheap. I'm someone who loves customization and extra weapons in games, so your best bet is just to pick and choose the things that look cool to you.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2854 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the HD update to Oddworld Strangers Wrath is finally out. Free upgrade to anyone that owned it, games are 30 percent off as well.

Wow. I was starting to believe that the patch was never going to come out. I am going to wait a little bit and see if this patch breaks anything before I play it though.

#2855 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Aside from the season pass, are there any other dlc that are absolutely necessary?

All of the DLC is totally unnecessary.

I don't know, CAG's; How fun was SR3?

Very

76561197971332172.png

#2856 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Speaking of soundtracks, I realized I probably have 15-20 soundtracks purchased through Steam so far. It would be nice if there was centralized way to access all music purchases.

Some of Steam's interface stuff is amazing, and somehow, the flip side is that most of its nuts and bolts stuff is complete garbage.
Posted Image

#2857 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

Pretty sure it's just me. Anyone willing to purchase and gift me two games? I'm trying to get Shatter and Deus Ex: Game of the Year but steam won't take my money.

Steam wont take my money either. Can someone purchase and gift me Enemy unknown, skyrim, dishonored, borderlands 2, and ftl?

#2858 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Steam wont take my money either. Can someone purchase and gift me Enemy unknown, skyrim, dishonored, borderlands 2, and ftl?

I actually got mine to work using the steam browser, must've just been firefox or something, not really sure.

fs_overall.png

#2859 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Pretty sure it's just me. Anyone willing to buy two games? I'm trying to get Shatter and Deus Ex: Game of the Year but steam won't take my money.

If anyones willing just send me a PM with your paypal and we can work out a deal.

Deus Ex is at a better price at gamestop today:

http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W2342

So I would buy it there and just activate it on steam.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2860 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

Super stoked on the THQ 5-pack... I've held off on every one of those games, and now I got them at under $2 each. >.> That's crazy.

Sucks for everyone who already has one or more though... They should have split up the keys.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2861 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

I have to say, the price for the THQ 5-Pack is amazing. (And I'm guessing the GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G25% off code is still in effect.) Sadly, I already own Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla. If I didn't though, I'd definitely pick it up.

Plus, if this hasn't been posted yet, I recommend the Gentlemen of the Row mod for Saints Row 2. It'll correct tons of bugs and add some amusing new features.

#2862 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I have to say, the price for the THQ 5-Pack is amazing. (And I'm guessing the GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G25% off code is still in effect.) Sadly, I already own Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla. If I didn't though, I'd definitely pick it up.

Plus, if this hasn't been posted yet, I recommend the Gentlemen of the Row mod for Saints Row 2. It'll correct tons of bugs and add some amusing new features.

Sucks that they're all binded to 1 key. I would've bought SR2 and Red Faction from you lol.

#2863 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

Deus Ex is at a better price at gamestop today:

http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W2342

So I would buy it there and just activate it on steam.

I got Deus Ex: GOTY, not Human Revolution. Figured I'd start at the beginning first, and its cheaper.

fs_overall.png

#2864 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Sam & Max complete anyone? I've heard good things but I don't know much about them. Worth picking up?

#2865 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Sam & Max complete anyone? I've heard good things but I don't know much about them. Worth picking up?

If you like point and click games, and love humor then they are a blast.

Also jesus christ, I been more interesting in getting a fucking Wii-U preorder today online, that I forgot to check the Steam deals. At least I own the weekend deals, Sam and Max is awesome, Deus Ex HR was my GOTY last year.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2866 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Man, I'm debating the Saints Row 3 deal over at GMG. I'm sure SR3 will be cheaper on Steam at some point, and I'm in no rush since it doesn't sound as good as the second game. However, it would be nice to have another nonsense sandbox game lying around. I don't know, CAG's; How fun was SR3?

I had a lot of fun with it. I could criticize parts of the plot (and have earlier in this thread) but, let's be honest, the 'plot' is just an excuse to hijack cars and shoot guns and it has that in spades.

#2867 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Just FYI, MW3 is still fun in the way MW games can be but it's still too much one hit kill for my tastes in MP. The campaign and spec ops and survival are more my speed.

7000 people playing when I checked earlier. If you wanted a lobby beyond the basic stuff, good luck.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2868 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the HD update to Oddworld Strangers Wrath is finally out. Free upgrade to anyone that owned it, games are 30 percent off as well.

Why is every good fucking thing coming out at once. T2, B2 and now this, all in a 7 day period, lol.

At least I own stranger's wrath.
Posted Image

#2869 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Man, I'm debating the Saints Row 3 deal over at GMG. I'm sure SR3 will be cheaper on Steam at some point, and I'm in no rush since it doesn't sound as good as the second game. However, it would be nice to have another nonsense sandbox game lying around. I don't know, CAG's; How fun was SR3?

SR3 is awesome, crazy, witty, funny, insane, well-written, well put-together, off-the-wall, sandboxy, ludicrous, ridiculous, over-the-top, absurd, extremely memorable, and flat-out some of the most fun I've had in gaming in 2012.

#2870 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

I would disagree on almost everything you said and add you have yet to play Sleeping Dogs.

That said, for the price, SR3 is decent fun.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2871 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

I would disagree on almost everything you said and add you have yet to play Sleeping Dogs.

That said, for the price, SR3 is decent fun.

Played the SD Demo - and that demo was quite good.
Looking forward to SD hitting a sale.

#2872 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

Why is every good fucking thing coming out at once. T2, B2 and now this, all in a 7 day period, lol.

At least I own stranger's wrath.

So they all can eventually and hopefully all hit a Steam sale or sale on another digital service a bit sooner, not later. :P

#2873 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Played the SD Demo - and that demo was quite good.
Looking forward to SD hitting a sale.

SD is awesome. SR3 is basically ok lets just throw as many crazy and unrealistic missions at you at once. For that reason it's good but it's good because it's so crazy. SD on the other hand to me is the more refined experience, with a great, engaging story, fun combat, and a beautiful thought out world.

I like both games but I think I like SD a bit more because it just felt better as a game.
Posted Image

#2874 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Agreed!

Disagreed, at least in regards to the bonus stage music. For that Sale Event achievement, I couldn't get it until after I muted.

Shatter didn't really hold me when I picked it up last year. I played it once, getting through several levels. It was fun, but it just didn't have a hook. Worth the sale price, though.

I did a one and done, too. Still, I would recommend it. I'll probably never 100% the chvs though, because I don't have anyone dextrous or patient (or single-minded) enough with whom to do the local co-op ones.

I actually got mine to work using the steam browser, must've just been firefox or something, not really sure.

In the past but not recently, I've had problems making purchases through the client but not a browser and vice versa.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2875 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

SR3 is basically ok lets just throw as many crazy and unrealistic missions at you at once. For that reason it's good but it's good because it's so crazy.

And that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. In an era full of A TON of VERY serious games, SR3 is a complete reversal and stands out WAY in front of many other sandbox games of these type b/c it's so bat-crap crazy and over-the-top.

SD on the other hand to me is the more refined experience, with a great, engaging story, fun combat, and a beautiful thought out world.

I like both games but I think I like SD a bit more because it just felt better as a game.

I think the thing I'm going to really like about SD is the hand-to-hand combat. From the demo, the combat felt awesome w/ the 360 pad.
Can't wait for it to hit price-drops.
I got too many games in my backlog and am already in the midst of The Precursors.

#2876 mujahid9

mujahid9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

SD is awesome. SR3 is basically ok lets just throw as many crazy and unrealistic missions at you at once. For that reason it's good but it's good because it's so crazy. SD on the other hand to me is the more refined experience, with a great, engaging story, fun combat, and a beautiful thought out world.

This may be all true - I don't really know. But I have to say, that I played the demo for SD and by the time it was done, I was already sick of the guy I was forced to play as (why no ability to at least play as a female?), thought the shooting in the SD demo was weak (not sure if it's representative of the shooting in the rest of the game), and didn't know what to make of the whole Triad/police xp thing (can I turn my back on the police and be straight Triad?). The combat and setting were awesome, but that's all I took away from the demo.

SR3 is wild as f***. Period.
fate marches with us!!!

#2877 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

If you like point and click games, and love humor then they are a blast.

Also jesus christ, I been more interesting in getting a fucking Wii-U preorder today online, that I forgot to check the Steam deals. At least I own the weekend deals, Sam and Max is awesome, Deus Ex HR was my GOTY last year.

I'll do you a favor. You give me half the money that you would have paid for a wii u, then every once in a while i'll gift you some shovelware type game that will simulate the wii u experience.

#2878 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

This may be all true - I don't really know. But I have to say, that I played the demo for SD and by the time it was done, I was already sick of the guy I was forced to play as (why no ability to at least play as a female?), thought the shooting in the SD demo was weak (not sure if it's representative of the shooting in the rest of the game), and didn't know what to make of the whole Triad/police xp thing (can I turn my back on the police and be straight Triad?). The combat and setting were awesome, but that's all I took away from the demo.

SR3 is wild as f***. Period.

I think we're part of the minority that puts more emphasis in customization. I love the ability to make your own character from scratch, while having more clothes, visual options, etc. It seems like most people don't care much for that. While I've heard good from certain people about the Season Pass SR3 DLC, I've heard almost no good about the rest of the DLC. Why? Because it's "cosmetic", as opposed to the Season Pass DLC, which gives you a few new missions. I heard the same thing about the Killing Floor DLC, saying that it was useless and "cosmetic".

Am I weird for liking more "cosmetic" customization? I dunno.

That said, I do love character driven games (mostly RPGs) that have set characters. Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Dragoon... all some of my favorite games of all time that wouldn't have worked very well if you could create your own custom character. You can't replace Serge, Kid, Ramza, Delita, etc.

I can't say anything about Sleeping Dogs though. I know nothing about it, although all I hear is good.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2879 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'll do you a favor. You give me half the money that you would have paid for a wii u, then every once in a while i'll gift you some shovelware type game that will simulate the wii u experience.

Posted Image

MARS

#2880 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

I think we're part of the minority that puts more emphasis in customization. I love the ability to make your own character from scratch, while having more clothes, visual options, etc. It seems like most people don't care much for that. While I've heard good from certain people about the Season Pass SR3 DLC, I've heard almost no good about the rest of the DLC. Why? Because it's "cosmetic", as opposed to the Season Pass DLC, which gives you a few new missions. I heard the same thing about the Killing Floor DLC, saying that it was useless and "cosmetic".

Am I weird for liking more "cosmetic" customization? I dunno.

I like customization as well... to a point. The problem is that SR3 already offers you plenty of customization.

I can make a green alien female with a male voice who wears a super hero costume. Is it worth a few bucks more to get a nun costume? Do I want to pay a few dollars to get purple variations of military vehicles I pretty much already own?

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things in the various DLC that make me smile... shooting fish guts at a pedestrian and watching a shark pop out of the pavement and gobble him up... running some guy down with my man-a-pult or a huge ball of yarn. But for the most part it's pointless and then I'm back to the main game.

Oh yeah, I bought it all, but I can't say I've gotten my moneys worth.... even having bought it dirt-cheap.

76561197971332172.png