Buy the ps3 game version, get the same vita game for FREE

highoffcoffee496

CAGiversary!
"Today at Gamescom, Sony announced "Cross Buy." Basically, if you buy a PlayStation 3 version of a game, you get the PlayStation Vita version of the game for free. Sony listed PlayStation All-Stars, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault as Cross Buy games." :applause::bouncy:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/buy-ps3-playstation-all-stars-get-vita-version-for-free

My question is this: Will this be for physical copies? Or digital? Or when we buy the ps3 version from amazon/bestbuy/gamestop,etc will they just print off a code to download the vita version? Has this been cleared up anywhere?

Also, I think this may really help vita sales. As a vita owner, I cannot wait for this! Anyone think they are going to buy a vita now because of this?

They've been doing this since launch with a number of games offering both versions for one price. I'm not sure what's supposed to be new about this besides announcing a few new games that support cross-purchasing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've been doing this since launch with a number of games offering both versions for one price. I'm not sure what's supposed to be new about this besides announcing a few new games that support cross-purchasing.[/QUOTE]

This isn't the same this is totally different :| Before it was done like this: If you bought MLB 12 the Show (for full price 60) you can get the vita version for 20 (instead of 40). But now you get the vita version FREE! So for 60 (instead of 80) you get both versions of the game....which is freaking awesome

Great news! This is how it should of been from the start. Hopefully this will help Vita sales since they can't get any worse.

They've been doing that since launch.

Hustle Kings
MotorStorm RC
Pinball Arcade
Foosball 2012
Sound Shapes
Wipeout 2048's HD/Fury campaign DLC

And there are a number of upcoming games that are known to continue supporting Cross Buy.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've been doing that since launch.

Hustle Kings
MotorStorm RC
Pinball Arcade
Foosball 2012
Sound Shapes

And there are a number of upcoming games that are known to continue supporting Cross Buy.[/QUOTE]

true but those are small mini games. These are actually full fledged vita games :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've been doing that since launch.

Hustle Kings
MotorStorm RC
Pinball Arcade
Foosball 2012
Sound Shapes

And there are a number of upcoming games that are known to continue supporting Cross Buy.[/QUOTE]

Not really the same as what the OP is reporting.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']true but those are small mini games. These are actually full fledged vita games :)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GBAstar']Not really the same as what the OP is reporting.[/QUOTE]
It's an expansion of the Cross Buy feature they've been pushing since launch, but that doesn't mean it's not still the same basic thing. It's just that now they're going to offer the same thing for some retail games in addition to all of the PSN games that currently support it and will do so in the future. I wouldn't call Wipeout 2048 a mini game since it was a full retail game.

This isn't a completely new, revolutionary thing that has been announced, which was my point.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's an expansion of the Cross Buy feature they've been pushing since launch, but that doesn't mean it's not still the same basic thing. It's just that now they're going to offer the same thing for some retail games in addition to all of the PSN games that currently support it and will do so in the future. I wouldn't call Wipeout 2048 a mini game since it was a full retail game.

This isn't a completely new, revolutionary thing that has been announced, which was my point.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe wipeout was actual put on a disc for ps3.....ever..... so no, its not a full retail game. Your either trollin terribly, or ur not paying attention. You buy a actual $60 retail ps3 game and get the Vita retail version free. I dont see how this is hard to grasp.......

Correction, wipeout was on disc in europe, never in NA

Like the OP, I'm excited for this feature but am wondering if this is only for digital purchases or physical copies as well.

Unfortunately this business model makes sense to limit towards digital purchases. If it was for physical copies people would be buying the PS3 versions of games, use the vita download code on their vita, and then sell the used PS3 copy.

[quote name='Slight Defect']I don't believe wipeout was actual put on a disc for ps3.....ever..... so no, its not a full retail game. Your either trollin terribly, or ur not paying attention. You buy a actual $60 retail ps3 game and get the Vita retail version free. I dont see how this is hard to grasp.......

Correction, wipeout was on disc in europe, never in NA[/QUOTE]

Wipeout HD was put on disc, but the disc is European only. Same with Pain for some really odd reason.

[quote name='antlp89']Like the OP, I'm excited for this feature but am wondering if this is only for digital purchases or physical copies as well.

Unfortunately this business model makes sense to limit towards digital purchases. If it was for physical copies people would be buying the PS3 versions of games, use the vita download code on their vita, and then sell the used PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]

You can buy a retail copy of the game and still get your free vita copy. Apparently it was posted in the PlayStation blog (very briefly) that the vita copy would be officially digital.

Pretty sure this confirms the vita copy will be digital. Looks like I'm going to upgrade to a 32GB now :whistle2:|

QUESTION (in blog comments): "How will you be able to download the other version of the game if you buy the retail version? Do you get a PSN code?"
RESPONSE: "It’ll be digital. The PS3 version will not include a Vita game card. We’ll have details on how exactly that works a bit later on =)"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-in-time-gamescom-trailer-cross-play-details/

I'm all for this idea. I'm also wondering how it will work but as a Vita owner I'm down. Maybe the Vita copy will be included on the Blu-Ray? Great news. Good job Sony!

[quote name='Slight Defect']I don't believe wipeout was actual put on a disc for ps3.....ever..... so no, its not a full retail game. Your either trollin terribly, or ur not paying attention. You buy a actual $60 retail ps3 game and get the Vita retail version free. I dont see how this is hard to grasp.......

Correction, wipeout was on disc in europe, never in NA[/QUOTE]
Since you don't seem to have great reading comprehension, this is Wipeout 2048 and it is definitely a retail game that actually exists. I own it.

http://www.amazon.com/wipEout-2048-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW8AC/

So stop with the attitude and calling people trolls when you're the one that's wrong here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Since you don't seem to have great reading comprehension, this is Wipeout 2048 and it is definitely a retail game that actually exists. I own it.

http://www.amazon.com/wipEout-2048-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW8AC/

So stop with the attitude and calling people trolls when you're the one that's wrong here.[/QUOTE]

Easy guys, I think he was talking about Wipeout HD Fury and you're talking about 2048. Either way, we can say this is a good deal, right?:)

[quote name='soulvengeance']Easy guys, I think he was talking about Wipeout HD Fury and you're talking about 2048. Either way, we can say this is a good deal, right?:)[/QUOTE]
He's the one that's trying to pick apart what I said, which only mentioned 2048. I'm done with this thread either way.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He's the one that's trying to pick apart what I said, which only mentioned 2048. I'm done with this thread either way.[/QUOTE]

well okay then...rage quit. :lol:
I was only trying to bring news to everyone; I didn't mean to cause problems xD

bread's done
Back