Pre-Owned Orange Box (PS3) $14.99 + Free Shipping at Best Buy

Tom33189

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Ora...2467299&skuId=1480235&st=orange box&lp=2&cp=1

For anyone who doesn't know The Orange Box is a video game compilation of Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. It is $14.99 at Best Buy, and it is only $13.49 for everyone with Gamer's Club Unlocked. It has been this price on best buy for a while now, but it wasn't available for shipping and few stores carried pre-owned copies of the game. This game is sold at most used game places like amazon, ebay, and gamestop for around $25-$30 pre-owned. Alternatively for those without Gamer's Club Unlocked, GoHasting currently has is for $9.99 + $3.99 shipping on their ebay account, but it is not in stock in their gohastings.com web store. Although anyone considering buying this game should be aware of the controversy of the poor PS3 port done by EA and not Valve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ps3-Half-Li...8949&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&#ht_3429wt_1139

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box#PlayStation_3_version

Thanks for the post. Great job on warning Playstation 3 players about the technical problems the game has also.

Great game, one of the first games I played on the PS3, and other than load times it was great. TF2 is dead nowadays, with matches with hackers and it is laggy (at least for me). So don't get it for TF2.

If you have an ok mac or pc, that's the no brainer choice. If not, the PS3 version isn't terrible, but if you're a total Frame Per Second snob I'd go with the 360 version.

Placed an order earlier this morning, and now I just got an email saying it's backordered. And yet it is still available to order on the site. I'm guessing they don't have any and it was just a glitch...

[quote name='rawer']Placed an order earlier this morning, and now I just got an email saying it's backordered. And yet it is still available to order on the site. I'm guessing they don't have any and it was just a glitch...[/QUOTE]

Mine says backordered also.

Are the serves still up for Team Fortress 2 and all the other games for the PS3? Team Fortress 2 looks like a lot of fun, and I would love to get a few copies for me and friends.

Cant decide whether to buy or pass........

Already have Portal on Xbox Live, and i have had so many chances to play Half Life and never did. Probably would be mostly buying for TF2 lol

Bought the PS3 version this morning, and just received an email this afternoon saying that it was backordered. Don't think this one is going through.

Valve didn't handle the PS3 version; it's pretty rough. Even the menus are glitchy. I've got both versions; if you have the option, definitely get the xbox version.

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice on these? I tried giving them a call and changing mine to ship to store since it was an option on the website. Maybe it will work. Just got an email saying I should be able to pick it up on 8/27.

One of the biggest turds on the PS3. Dont waste your money on this port. It is garbage. I paid for it upon release and I'm still pissed how bad it was.

[quote name='kayne2000']still have the 10 dollar copy i got from wal mart years ago in backlog lol[/QUOTE]
Don't open it! Very limited print run!

I just got an email from BB saying my back ordered copy would be cancelled.

They gave me a $5 credit for the trouble. Keep an eye out of you ordered a copy.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Don't open it! Very limited print run![/QUOTE]

i opened that one pretty fast after buying it. played it for an hour and havent touched it since lol.

but yea ive noticed that this game seems to always be expensive.

If you're still looking for this, keep an eye on bestbuy.com. Despite my (back)order from August being canceled (and being sent a $5 coupon), I saw yesterday that the game was showing available for shipping again. So I placed an order, and miracle of miracles, it shipped today.

Wow! I, too, ordered in August and was back-ordered and eventually cancelled, and $5 credit was emailed to me. Did you use the $5 coupon to order this time?

Edit: I just tried ordering it, but there was no option to ship to a store, and none of the Best Buys around me has it in stock. Oh well!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I used the $5 on Kid Icarus. But that would've been some nice irony.

Anyway, throw it in your cart (or wishlist) to keep an eye on it, and maybe it will be restocked. Otherwise they'd pull it from the site, right?

bread's done
Back