Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition (PS3) - $19.99

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 fakero

fakero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

I've had this game on my wishlist for a while now and this is the lowest I've seen it: http://amzn.com/B006JKARN0 Also comes with a 30 day PS+ trial.

Enjoy!

card.png

#2 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

You don't say?

#3 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

New MSRP as of Tuesday.

#4 lRolLlLilN

lRolLlLilN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

With my never ending back log I've been waiting for this to go down. Is it worth it at $19.99? Maybe $15 or below, I'll bite or maybe I'm just dreaming :P. Thanks for the post op.

#5 GnarKills

GnarKills

KC Chiefs!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I've been wanting this game and $20 is the perfect price. Played for about 2 hours last night and very good.

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

No tax and free PS+ is sweet! Thanks, well, no tax until next month.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Sigh..... Didn't you read the post about this... That's like making another saying uncharted 3 is $20 and another saying god of war origin collection is also $20

#8 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Does this have all DLC on disc or is it digital, might try to pick up preowned for even cheaper if it does.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Does this have all DLC on disc or is it digital, might try to pick up preowned for even cheaper if it does.

No, all the DLC is digital. The only real advantage here is that the 2.0 update is already on the disc.

#10 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

No, all the DLC is digital. The only real advantage here is that the 2.0 update is already on the disc.

And the 2.0 update was pretty massive size-wise.

#11 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

What's different about the DLC?

I have the original GT5 and bought the first DLC pack when it was first released. So is it worth it if you already have GT5? :bouncy:

#12 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Well I never purchased Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which would have been better for me since I don't really want a deep/complicated racing game. Didn't buy Gran Turismo 5 because of the price. I really just wanted an arcade style of racing without the hurdles of having to do a campaign.

I got no excuse now to not own this, except wait for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on games $20 or less.

#13 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

hmm get it now or wait for the academy edition to drop...

#14 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have no idea if this is coming to the US - but wanted to remind people that a fourth SKU of GT5 is coming out...

http://www.ps3trophi...his-Autumn.html

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#15 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I have no idea if this is coming to the US - but wanted to remind people that a fourth SKU of GT5 is coming out...

http://www.ps3trophi...his-Autumn.html

Only confirmed for Europe

#16 jonathansmith369

jonathansmith369

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well I never purchased Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which would have been better for me since I don't really want a deep/complicated racing game. Didn't buy Gran Turismo 5 because of the price. I really just wanted an arcade style of racing without the hurdles of having to do a campaign.

I got no excuse now to not own this, except wait for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on games $20 or less.

I just read a review on amazon that indicates he was disappointed with the XL version because the fastest car is already available from the start instead of having to earn it by working for it. I assume he is saying it is part of the free DLC, but now I am officially interested in getting this. I played the crap out of GT1 & GT2 years ago, but never played 3 & 4 despite buying them, so I knew better than to get Prologue or 5 cause I would never get to them. No that it sounds like you can start off with a fun car right away I might actually pick this up. I just couldn't bear the thought of starting off with a Ford Fiesta and spending 100 hours working your way up.

I need to check into this further, but if this price comes down some or a B2G1 I might not bother to wait for the Academy Edition to eventually come out stateside.

#17 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

I bought it because TIV for GT5 vanilla is close to $15 and you get 1 month of PSN+ :bouncy:

#18 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I bought it because TIV for GT5 vanilla is close to $15 and you get 1 month of PSN+ :bouncy:

Damn, it has hardly dropped at all since I traded my GT5 vanilla in on January 5th after hearing about the XL Edition. I got $17.50 through Amazon.

#19 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Only confirmed for Europe

Cool cool cool. Thanks.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#20 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I just read a review on amazon that indicates he was disappointed with the XL version because the fastest car is already available from the start instead of having to earn it by working for it. I assume he is saying it is part of the free DLC, but now I am officially interested in getting this. I played the crap out of GT1 & GT2 years ago, but never played 3 & 4 despite buying them, so I knew better than to get Prologue or 5 cause I would never get to them. No that it sounds like you can start off with a fun car right away I might actually pick this up. I just couldn't bear the thought of starting off with a Ford Fiesta and spending 100 hours working your way up.

I need to check into this further, but if this price comes down some or a B2G1 I might not bother to wait for the Academy Edition to eventually come out stateside.

Yeah, I think I have Gran Turismo 3 that I only played maybe once or twice. I played Gran Turismo 2 a little more before then.

What is this Academy Edition that all of you speak of? What I've seen from Joystiq's website is it is Gran Turismo 5 with a special Nissan car.

I'll get this Academy Edition if it is Gran Turismo 5 XL with some more extras. I want the definitive edition, get the most for my money.

#21 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Great idea. I'll pay ~$5 net for the DLC. Thanks!
Posted Image

#22 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

It says it comes with $20 worth of DLC. Is that BS stuff thats already free for vanilla GT5 players? I already have the vanilla version and if its only 2.0 update on disk then this is not worth it for me

#23 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for posting this--I just jumped on the deal b/c of your post.

#24 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

It says it comes with $20 worth of DLC. Is that BS stuff thats already free for vanilla GT5 players? I already have the vanilla version and if its only 2.0 update on disk then this is not worth it for me

There is some additional DLC you would have to pay for if you have the vanilla copy. I bought the first DLC pack and this has a little more DLC but it also comes with a free month of PSN+. That's like a $15 value :bouncy:

#25 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Here's what you get: "Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack."

Here's the list of DLC you get with the XL version and don't forget the 1 free month of PSN+

http://us.gran-turis...oducts/gt5/dlc/

#26 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

MSRP is not a deal. :3
Posted Image

#27 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Anybody tried G27 with this game?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#28 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#29 givemeporknow

givemeporknow

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

in for one! woot woot! love me some gran turismo!

#30 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

i wonder why best buy still has this at $40

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC