• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

i wonder why best buy still has this at $40

I was just looking at this at Best Buy yesterday, I went over to check how much Forza 4 was and that is $40 new and $44 used lol. My point being it is still $40 because Best Buy is comparable to a box of rocks in the intelligence dept.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#32 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I just price matched Walmart to get it for 19.96, so that I could also use my Best Buy certificate.

#33 phillyphill39

phillyphill39

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

yeah scooped it up and then sold my vanilla copy to amazon for $15 so not too bad there.

Posted Image

#34 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

I am not a big fan of racing games, but GT5 has me intrigued, especially at this price. Is it a good enough game to change my opinion of racing games?

Someone please talk me out of buying this!

#35 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Someone please talk me out of buying this!

OK, it's retail prince.

That means it's going to be available in 2 for 20 sales later on and proably drop to 10 around Black Friday.

This is not a deal, I don't understand why so many people are jumping at a retail price.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#36 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

OK, it's retail prince.

That means it's going to be available in 2 for 20 sales later on and proably drop to 10 around Black Friday.

This is not a deal, I don't understand why so many people are jumping at a retail price.

I know for me personally it is because I never felt the game was worth it before. Now that it is $20 even being MSRP it does not feel like such a chance.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#37 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

OK, it's retail prince.

The "deal" is, it comes with a 30 day of PlayStation Plus at no additional charge.

#38 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

The "deal" is, it comes with a 30 day trial of PlayStation Plus at no additional charge.

It'll still be there when it's 9.99 on Black Friday right?

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#39 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

OK, it's retail prince.

Because this is the price point many people were waiting on. A price drop is a deal for many because now they can enjoy the game they wanted at the price they wanted.

#40 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's possible, but I'm guessing it won't be. Normally free stuff are only offered when you're paying retail price.

#41 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't think so. I believe it's an Amazon promotion for a limited time.

I jumped because the trade-in value on the vanilla made it a cheap way to get the DLC I was interested in. Folks who never had GT5 may just be getting in on it because it's a good price regardless of whether or not its the new MSRP.
Posted Image

#42 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

OK, it's retail prince.

It's a HUGE deal if you own the vanilla copy. It trades in @ $15 with Amazon. So for a $5 upgrade you get extra DLC that would cost you extra and 1 free month of PSN+. :bouncy:

#43 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Its easily the best console racing sim ever made, but that in itself may turn you off. It's built around playing with a wheel, so without one you'll likely have a hard time unless you keep assists on.

So yea, fantastic game but fairly hardcore. I've seen tons of people give up after a few races. I'd strongly suggest getting a DGT or another decent wheel, DGT is cheapest though. Without it you may as well play a game built for controllers.

Thank you. You have successfully talked me out of it. Sounds like a killer game, but I don't want to have to purchase accessories in order to fully experience it. And like I mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of racing games anyway. I think I'd get bored with it pretty quick.

I might look at Uncharted 3 instead. Wish it had the 30-day PS+ trial, though.

Edit: Ooh, Uncharted does have the 30-day PS+ trial. Sweet! http://www.amazon.co...rds=uncharted 3

Edited by henryVIII, 17 August 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#44 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Anybody tried G27 with this game?

Accessories ranking for GT5 seem to go like this...

Dual Shock ~ Driving Force GT ~ G27 ~ Fanatec CSR ~ Thrustmaster T500RS

I've personally owned G27 and now have a T500RS wheel along with TH8RS shifter. I tried the CSR at events. The G27 is great but the T500RS destroys it. Not sure where Fanatec CSW ranks since i haven't played it...seems like an awesome wheel but has issues. I do highly reccommend a wheel. It completely changes the experience :D

#45 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

You dont need a wheel to play this, i got plenty of friends who play teh heck out of this with the controller.. Its just that if you really enjoy racing games/simulations, than get a wheel, Start out with a used wheel, I used logitech driving force as my first wheel back in 2005, than bought a used driving force pro from a friend for $50 bucks in 2007, and than bought a used G25 for $140 in 2008. Start out with a used steering wheel to see if you like going that route. I like playing race sims on the computer, and for the price logitechs work great.

That is a good deal compared to when i first bought the game than some of the DLC for it. The online play is always a blast, never gets borring. Always fun to look for an oddball car and tune it to beat people online with who drive the typical popular cars.

#46 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Thanks a lot for the info japankneez and hypertek.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#47 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

You dont need a wheel to play this, i got plenty of friends who play teh heck out of this with the controller.. Its just that if you really enjoy racing games/simulations, than get a wheel, Start out with a used wheel, I used logitech driving force as my first wheel back in 2005, than bought a used driving force pro from a friend for $50 bucks in 2007, and than bought a used G25 for $140 in 2008. Start out with a used steering wheel to see if you like going that route. I like playing race sims on the computer, and for the price logitechs work great.

That is a good deal compared to when i first bought the game than some of the DLC for it. The online play is always a blast, never gets borring. Always fun to look for an oddball car and tune it to beat people online with who drive the typical popular cars.

Good advice. i started out with G25 and worked my way up once i found out how much i enjoyed the experience. If you go beyond G27 you will likely be playing PC sims.