The Last Story for Wii - $29.99 and Free Shipping at Deep Discount

blackfrancis44

CAGiversary!
I just ordered The Last Story for the Wii for 29.99 on deepdiscount.com with FS

Link

It's the best deal I have found for this so far...though you will wait for it...since it's deepdiscount and it won't ship for 5-10 days and then another couple days when they actually ship it out.

Not a problem for me since I have a bag log of games I am playing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't pass on this even if it takes a couple weeks to get to me. Plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. Thanks OP.

Hmm definitely rolling the dice with deep discounts but I might go for it, I can wait as well. Only ordered with them a few times (no problems) but they don't have the best track record.

Just warning to everyone, on the product page it says it will ship in 5-10 days meaning it will ship when its in stock again. I order Dream Drop two weeks ago with same note on the product page and it still has not shipped yet. I have feeling the orders will be shipped a month or so later.

[quote name='usagi']Just warning to everyone, on the product page it says it will ship in 5-10 days meaning it will ship when its in stock again. I order Dream Drop two weeks ago with same note on the product page and it still has not shipped yet. I have feeling the orders will be shipped a month or so later.[/QUOTE]

Usually the "5-10 days" is what you want to watch out for when you order from DD. DD are horrible with restocking in general, and will most likely hold onto your order for weeks to months, and then if they can't get any more in they just cancel your order. DD is great if you can get in on the sales early on in stock items. That's usually when I have my best luck with DD. Otherwise it's a real crapshoot.

In for one. I know the shipping time will take forever, but I'm working my way through some of my backlog so I should be fine. And if it gets canceled due to low stock then hey, I'll get it some other time.

Thanks, OP. I canceled my Amazon preorder and ordered from Deep Discount. I've barely touched my imported Xenoblade from last August, so I'm not in any real hurry for this.

EDIT: God, I've had Xenoblade for a year already?

Great price, but I can attest to the slow shipping. I probably would have gone this route and saved $10 off my newegg order, but they already charged and processed it. Would anyone know if this one includes the soundtrack that comes with most preorders?

I don't suppose there is any chance in hell this will come with the bonus artbook or CD?

I already own the UK collector's edition, but if I could get the US one for $30 with the bonuses I'd probably go for it slow shipping or not. Otherwise I'll pass simply because I already have the game.

It's a good game though and this is a great deal.

If this comes with a box for any of the bonuses, I'd expect DD's shipping methods to destroy it. They typically just shrinkwrap the box in a thin layer of bubble wrap, slap a shipping sticker on it, and that's it.

Is this a game people expect to disappear from store shelves before it hits the sub-$20 price? I'd like to play it someday but I'm in no hurry so I'd just assume wait for it to be cheaper.

My understanding was that all first print copies would include the bonuses so if you ever actually get your copy it should include the extras (or whatever is left of it by the time it makes it to your house).

[quote name='sevenfold']My understanding was that all first print copies would include the bonuses so if you ever actually get your copy it should include the extras (or whatever is left of it by the time it makes it to your house).[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound promising. Then again HMV shipped the UK CE over the Atlantic ocean and across the US to me in basically a garbage bag and it somehow made it in one piece.

Thanks purchased. I'm in no rush to play so I don't mind waiting awhile for it.The last game I got took about 17-18 days to get to me. I wasn't planning on playing this until around Thanksgiving anyways.

They ship horribly slow, but you will get it. I got Starhawk and Dark Souls the same way. Patience. I've bought DVDs from them for years, too.

Thanks OP. Got one

Their search function sucks. Good thing the game was on the front page

One last hurrah for the Wii. Hopefully I'll get to it soon instead of it languishing in my backlog. Still wanna get Xenoblade but not too motivated to drop 50

Even though I'm still wondering about the artbook, I went ahead and ordered one anyway because I just couldn't pass up on this deal.

Could honestly care less about the extras, and I'm not in a desperate hurry to play this. We all know that DD sucks, it's old news. We choose to cheap and know what we may be getting in return. In for one, thanks OP. =)

I already have one coming from Amazon (for collection purposes), but I ordered one from DeepDiscount to play...works out fine!

[quote name='Squarehard']Usually the "5-10 days" is what you want to watch out for when you order from DD. DD are horrible with restocking in general, and will most likely hold onto your order for weeks to months, and then if they can't get any more in they just cancel your order.[/QUOTE]
...you do realize it doesn't officially release for another day or so, right?

Grabbed a copy.

Was wondering tho cause I wanted to check if Best Buy was gonna have this, how does Best Buy have preowned copies available? Im Silver and have free Expedited so it should be here 20-21st.

just called amazon to get my order price matched and the Indian CS wouldn't do it. oh well guess I'll place my order with deepdiscount.

You guys canceling orders with other retailers are taking a risk here. If you were comfortable pre-ordering it elsewhere at a higher price point, you should probably stick with that pre-order. especially if it's from newegg for $40. A bird in the hand, as they say. Deep Discount Could totally screw you here, plus you won't be getting it for about 2 weeks, if not longer.

[quote name='doodofdoods']You guys canceling orders with other retailers are taking a risk here. If you were comfortable pre-ordering it elsewhere at a higher price point, you should probably stick with that pre-order. especially if it's from newegg for $40. A bird in the hand, as they say. Deep Discount Could totally screw you here, plus you won't be getting it for about 2 weeks, if not longer.[/QUOTE]

from the sound of it the game isn't doing to well, so if I miss it than personally I wouldn't mind much, it's worth the risk of losing the order to save some $$$, for this specific game at least.

[quote name='Setherial']from the sound of it the game isn't doing to well, so if I miss it than personally I wouldn't mind much, it's worth the risk of losing the order to save some $$$, for this specific game at least.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "not doing well"?

It's ranked #17 in Amazon's best seller vg list and has sold out at some online retailers...

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']What do you mean by "not doing well"?

It's ranked #17 in Amazon's best seller vg list and has sold out at some online retailers...[/QUOTE]
Not to mention it hasn't even shipped to some retailers (Gamestop/Best Buy).

Seriously, for a game that hasn't even come out yet, saying that it isn't doing well is kinda dumb. Xenoblade ended up being one of Nintendo's best sellers on the Wii and they did jack on advertising or even trying to sell the game.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Not to mention it hasn't even shipped to some retailers (Gamestop/Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

Xseed didn't ship enough units to Amazon to cover pre-orders apparently, so there's no telling what's going to happen there.

Point is, the game is very obviously in high demand and seems to be going as fast as it did in Japan.

Well, I'm paying a risk here. Either I'll get the game through a lenghty process, or I don't. Thankfully I can't cancel the order if I feel like it.

I have no idea what Setherial meant by the game "not doing well" either.

Anyway, I kept my original pre-order, and decided to order a copy of the game at DeepDiscount as well.

bread's done
Back