Munitio MW3 Headphones 19.99

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Didn't see this posted but for anyone who missed out on this deal recently, Tigerdirect has them in stock again with free shipping for 19.99. Good until the 25th at 11:59pm

http://www.tigerdire...9785&CatId=6249
Posted Image

#2 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Mine finally shipped after being backordered for a week. Still have not gotten them to test them out, but they seemed like a great deal at 14.99 and 19.99 isn't much more.

#3 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Just got mine in yesterday and they're nothing short of fantastic. Definitely worthy of replacing my apple headphones.

#4 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Just got mine in yesterday and they're nothing short of fantastic. Definitely worthy of replacing my apple headphones.

Ha, I got mine yesterday too and I agree with you. They are small and compact and great for use on my phone, but the quality (Especially the bass!) is some of the best sound I've heard from ear buds. Definitely happy with my buy. Glad I ordered two pairs in case I liked them as much as I do!

#5 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

recent troubles with the post office seem to be that everything that isn't amazon direct seems to be returned to sender...
So I most likely won't see mine till another week.

#6 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

i got my pair a few days ago...awesome set for $15

596772.png

#7 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Got mine yesterday...totally worth the wait! They sounded a little tinny at first but after a few hours of breaking them in the sound quality improved dramatically.

uc.png

#8 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

for those that just got them, are you having trouble with them staying in your iphone/ipod? Mine seems to be very touchy and I don't know if it is a product problem or just the way they are made.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#9 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

My left one falls out of my ear every now and then at the gym, but besides that, the bass is incredible and it isolates all outside noise. Someone could break into my house while I'm sleeping and murder me or rape me, of both and I'd never know it.

#10 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

My left one falls out of my ear every now and then at the gym, but besides that, the bass is incredible and it isolates all outside noise. Someone could break into my house while I'm sleeping and murder me or rape me, of both and I'd never know it.

Damn, talk about getting lost in the music lol.

#11 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Haha I think I'm just tired of being forever alone.

#12 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

for those that just got them, are you having trouble with them staying in your iphone/ipod? Mine seems to be very touchy and I don't know if it is a product problem or just the way they are made.

I have no problem with them staying in the socket. I have had them in my laptop and phone. You might have a bad pair? Or are iphone different?

And I agree with the above comment on bass. That bass shakes in your head! Very happy with my purchase.

#13 LazyChan

LazyChan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

These headphones sounds great. Spend the $20 for good audio, your ears will thank you.

#14 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Really tempted to get these at $20...

Missed the sale last time for $15

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#15 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm tempted to get another pair cause the ones I got from the last deal are AMAZING!!

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sound is good but another CAG said that it randomly changes volume of their iphone and switches songs.

I can say that this happened to me this week. I made sure that the iphone was locked and that I wasn't touching the control button on the headset and it still went screwy in my pocket and kept raising and lowering the volume.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#17 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Sound is good but another CAG said that it randomly changes volume of their iphone and switches songs.

I can say that this happened to me this week. I made sure that the iphone was locked and that I wasn't touching the control button on the headset and it still went screwy in my pocket and kept raising and lowering the volume.

I wonder if these are just not the best for i phones? Maybe something in the connection messes with the iphone controls?

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

I wonder if these are just not the best for i phones? Maybe something in the connection messes with the iphone controls?

yeah. this is the first time I've used it with my iphone. I use it with my shuffle primarily for the gym with no issues.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#19 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Might have found the problem for you iphone users here:

http://www.zdnet.com...dphone-jack/828

Not sure if they still have the recessed headphone jack, but apparently that makes it difficult to plug in 3rd party ear buds. Also, Apple brand buds apparently have built in actuator that if you press the mic button it goes to the next song?

#20 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Just wanted to chime in that I just tried these headphones (bought them when they were $15) and I don't regret my purchase at all. Would recommend!
Posted Image

#21 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Not sure if they still have the recessed headphone jack, but apparently that makes it difficult to plug in 3rd party ear buds. Also, Apple brand buds apparently have built in actuator that if you press the mic button it goes to the next song?

Thanks but I have a 4 which isn't recessed.

#22 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

I like how that's an article from the 2G.
Posted Image

#23 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Ah, OK, could still be the issue with the mic button sending signals though?

I like how that's an article from the 2G.

Honestly, I don't keep up at all with the i-anything or any iterations of it.

#24 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

It's not just these headphones that will lower/raise volume. It has something to do with having an inline mic, I have a cheaper pair I use for work and they will cause the exact same problems on occasion.

I personally have never had either pair switch songs on me though.

#25 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

if you guys really want music without problems, get a stand alone player without any inline mic etc. Are these even audiophile grade? Id wait til someone on head-fi talks about em lol. Ton of good cheap earbuds that rock. Of course tho I suppose some of you phone guys will want inline mic.

#26 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

if you guys really want music without problems, get a stand alone player without any inline mic etc. Are these even audiophile grade? Id wait til someone on head-fi talks about em lol. Ton of good cheap earbuds that rock. Of course tho I suppose some of you phone guys will want inline mic.

Immediate thoughts... hmmm.. we're paying $15 bucks looking for some decent/cheap ear buds. We're not exactly audiophiles here... not that audiophiles really know much anyways:

http://gizmodo.com/3...really-worth-15

And Munitio actually has some decent reviews in random threads on head-fi so...

#27 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Well, just because some audiophiles are idiots doesn't mean it's all a ripoff.

Also, while pretty good, these are far from being Audiophile-Good earbuds.

Ees7Y.jpg

#28 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

What's your address?

#29 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

A couple cheapos that they swear by
http://www.head-fi.o...-gathering-dust
http://www.head-fi.o...3-the-7-11-club
http://www.head-fi.o...parisons-inside

I got those monoprice ones and they are really good. Just hard to find a really honest review from any audiophile guys on the mw3 earphones, you will just read tons of reviews from COD fans raving about how good they are. If something doesnt have a positive review from people on head-fi, i wont buy it, so far soo good with alot of the suggestions I seen on that forum.

http://www.head-fi.o...ti-alternatives

#30 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

Picked up a pair from the last time they were on sale, they sound awesome will probably pick up another pair.