Humble Bundle for Android 3 - Bonus 8/22: World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

SpaceChem is amazing on the tablet. I can't believe I've been missing out on it this whole time.

#62 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

SpaceChem requires a 1280x800 display (which is why I presume I get a parse error when trying to install on my 1024x600 Nook). Just a warning.

#63 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

FWIW, Spacechem works fine on the HP Touchpad running CM9.

I still suck at that game though. :-P

steam_sig.png

#64 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I've picked up most of the humble bundles, but I just got a nexus 7 so I bought this bundle to have a few games to play on it. Imagine my surprise when I went to download my games and discovered that the android ports of games from the other bundles I bought were available to download. Very pleasant surprise. Eventhough it says not all of the games are compatible with my device, I haven't had any issues yet.

#65 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

@DtotheP
I would strongly recommend Cut the Rope (Play or Amazon), it's well worth $1 and is the best tablet game I've played.

I'm seriously disappointed Rovio never did more with
Bounce Evolution

#66 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Need one of you super sleuths to figure out what the bonus content will be!

#67 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

@DtotheP
I would strongly recommend Cut the Rope (Play or Amazon), it's well worth $1 and is the best tablet game I've played.

I'm seriously disappointed Rovio never did more with
Bounce Evolution

I'm a veteran rope cutter and experimental rope cutter on ios ;)

#68 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Bonus games!

World of Goo
Edge
Osmos
Anomaly Warzone Earth

I'll update the OP when I'm not on the mobile version of the site.

#69 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Wow, 4 bonus games?

Wait, haven't all of those been in previous Android HIBs...
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#70 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the head's up Louie.

It's worth pointing out to the humble bundle newbies, if you already bought the bundle before the extras were added, you get them even if you didn't beat the average. Just check your download page and they will be there. Though you only get steam keys if you paid at least $1.

Wow, 4 bonus games?

It appears to be a repeat of Android bundle #1 minus Toki Tori.

#71 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Wow, 4 bonus games?

Yes. World of Goo was beat the average I believe, so some people may not have it even if they purchased that bundle.

#72 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Disappointed in the bonus games, I have them all from previous humble bundles. I suppose for anyone that didn't buy the previous bundles the selection is pretty good though.

#73 bchampnd

bchampnd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

The bonus games are all excellent but it's pretty lame that all of them are repeats from previous bundles.

Is it the norm for the bonus games added after the bundle has been available for awhile to be repeats from older bundles? (I only recently got a gaming-capable PC so I never paid much attention to Humble Bundles in the past)

#74 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

The bonus games are all excellent but it's pretty lame that all of them are repeats from previous bundles.

Is it the norm for the bonus games added after the bundle has been available for awhile to be repeats from older bundles? (I only recently got a gaming-capable PC so I never paid much attention to Humble Bundles in the past)

It varies from bundle to bundle. Sometimes they'll throw in a game that hasn't been in a bundle before, often from a developer featured in the main bundle. Other times the bonus will be a complete past bundle. I didn't start buying these until HIB #2, but I own all of them because with that one they threw in HIB #1 as a bonus.

#75 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah. I already have the 4 bonus games too, but at least they come in a separate steam key so you can trade them if you have them already.

I know I'll be trading mine.

Anyone who doesn't want to pay to beat the average could buy 'em from you too.

#76 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I forgot about this bundle and just purchased the steam version today but it seems it was after the announcement so I missed out on the 4 newly added games from the Android 1 bundle, if any CAG is feeling generous and is not going to use the Steam code for these newly added bonus games, I could give them a nice new home.

Edited by Owen, 22 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#77 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Great deal if you don't own them but... again... only one out of all of these I didn't own was Field Runners so glad I passed.

#78 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Note: I got the bonus games even though I did not beat the average.

It appears only Spirits is set for 'beat the average'.

Ah, here is the official answer,
"If you already bought it, you'll get a key for the bonus games, but
If you haven't purchased the bundle yet you'll need to beat the average to get them."

#79 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Decided to get this. Don't have any of the games and really just wanted to try out World of Goo. At least I have some more games for my Nexus 7.

#80 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Nice bonus, World of Goo has me interested more than Spirits. Already own Osmos, no biggie.

#81 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I already own most of the games but bought it above the average (to get Spirits) just because I've bought every other Humble Bundle and I want to support their business model, and also to support Linux game development.

#82 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Note: I got the bonus games even though I did not beat the average.

It appears only Spirits is set for 'beat the average'.

Ah, here is the official answer,
"If you already bought it, you'll get a key for the bonus games, but
If you haven't purchased the bundle yet you'll need to beat the average to get them."

It like that for every Humble bundle.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#83 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

1st time indie bundle purchaser here...

i dont own any of the games in the bundle... is it wrong to pay only $1 to get all games in the bundle? or is it a moral obligation to pay BTA everytime?

#84 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

No, in fact, you can just pay a penny. Pay whatever you want.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#85 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

No, in fact, you can just pay a penny. Pay whatever you want.

but you dont get the steam keys if you dont pay $1 right? are there any other consequences for paying only $1 everytime a bundle comes out except not getting the BTA games?

thanks for the reply. i purchased a lot of steam games on sale for the past month, and now i feel i should be go back to being a CAG and pay the minimum... hehe!

#86 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

i dont own any of the games in the bundle... is it wrong to pay only $1 to get all games in the bundle? or is it a moral obligation to pay BTA everytime?

Your moral obligation is the only thing you have to consider when deciding between $1 and more (if you don't care about the BTA deals). You don't miss out on anything else. So, if your morality says $1 is ok, it is. If not, pay more. That's your call.

#87 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

but you dont get the steam keys if you dont pay $1 right? are there any other consequences for paying only $1 everytime a bundle comes out except not getting the BTA games.

Right. There is no other consequences - just pay what you want. If you buy the bundle in the first week after its launch (before those games are revealed, it's too late in case of HBfA3), you will also get additional bonus games without paying BTA price.

#88 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

but you dont get the steam keys if you dont pay $1 right?

Right. If you don't care about having them on Steam you can pay a penny. If you want 'em on Steam you have to pay a minimum of $1.

are there any other consequences for paying only $1 everytime a bundle comes out except not getting the BTA games?

Only other consequence is people might yell at you on forums for paying a dollar, but Fuck 'em. If one dollar purchases were ruining humble bundles they could do crap like Indie Royale. The only reason they have the dollar minimum for Steam keys now is (Supposedly) because people were abusing it to make a bunch of Steam accounts for abusing Steam promotions.

#89 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

The only reason they have the dollar minimum for Steam keys now is (Supposedly) because people were abusing it to make a bunch of Steam accounts for abusing Steam promotions.

Did you see what went on during that HB sale? It fell on the winter sales, and people were buying 100's of them to trade for coal to get crafted games/coupons. I somewhat agree in their principle. I was paying $1 from the beginning so it never really bothered me.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#90 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

This is my first one as well. I only paid a buck because the original 4 didn't really appeal to me and I already had Spirits on the iPad. I wanted to check out uplink so a dollar seemed fair. When they added the other 4 I went back to up my amount but nope I have them anyway. My guilt is minimized a bit though. I bought World of Goo on Wii and World of Goo, Edge and Osmos on the iPad so at least I've bought these before. I much prefer playing them on the PC though. Especially World of Goo.