Halo 3 Limited Edition - $28 Kohls.com

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Caught this while looking for some Halo Shirts.

34912269.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwuMD9uelY&hd=1
NOT ALL ARE DENTED LIKE HIS.

Fair Warning about this Ltd Edition
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/09/rumor-issues-wi/

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/electronics1/xbox_360/PRD~714340/Xbox+360+Halo+3.jsp

The only thing this is missing compared to the legendary edition is the second bonus disc and helmet, but it has the little beast artbook that the legendary doesn't have and the metal case(not much of a bonus seeing as discs get scratched). I personally bought this one because it was the cheaper option and eventually bought the helmet and other bonus disc separately.

Also note if any of you are buying any clothes and kohl's you can get those kohls cash coupons which should work on the this I also believe there are coupon codes that are out that should work as well getting you 15-20% off someone can post those.

These are OOP and usually go for about 40ish on eBay not a bad price point.

Enjoy!:bouncy:

My Own Copy's images
h31n.jpg

h32m.jpg

h33z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Product title only says halo 3, so don't get surprised if they messed up the description and pic.

edit: seems to be $40 at a few places, so not a big deal with shipping, although if you have a kohls card, it gets knocked down to $20 shipped. Most kohls packages I've ordered have gotten pretty beaten up though.

Yes,
These were famous for scratched discs. It would either pop off the little tab, or the entire tab would come unglued.

Excellent game though. Probably my all time favorite.

I remember back when I worked at FYE in '09 these were on perpetual sale for $15 or so and I picked one up. We had about 40 or so LEs and about 60 regular copies. I have no doubt they are still in that backroom lol. Still, $30 for a nice case to an awesome game is a good deal.

I would take bets that it's just the wrong art used on the page.

Kohls only really sells wholesales out older titles. Unless their distributor had a whole warehouse of these sitting unsold that they got for cheap. I'm pretty sure you will just get the same game that is like $5 everywhere else now.

Doubt its wrong info due to what happens when you search Halo 3
halo3b.jpg

As you can see they have the regular edt. under another title and price.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I remember back when I worked at FYE in '09 these were on perpetual sale for $15 or so and I picked one up. We had about 40 or so LEs and about 60 regular copies. I have no doubt they are still in that backroom lol. Still, $30 for a nice case to an awesome game is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I bought a new one at FYE for $15 earlier this year. Discs were of course loose and scratched to hell, but they did play.

Mine shipped, and now the tracking email shows the following instead of just halo 3 like the order email, so it should be the limited:

HALO 3 LIMITED TIN XL XBX 360-MULTI/NONE-CARTRIDGES

Strange how kohls occasionally gets somewhat rare or older games.

Not bad, but I was able to find the limited editions of halo 3 for $9 and gears of war 2 for $6 and amazon warehouse and the discs were in great shape. I would look there first unless you just have to have a new copy.

[quote name='gordojones88']Did somebody bump a 5 year old thread?

Of course a giant clothing store carries Limited Editions of really old games.[/QUOTE]

no, this just recently showed up.

I thought this was a cool collectors edition so I'm in for one with kohls charge discounts and other discounts.

the notebook30 code is expired but if you spend $100 (lots of good clearance stuff on the site right now) you can use SAVEMORE20 for 20% off.

I bit after I did some kohl's shopping and couldn't find any other shirts I wanted. Added pictures of the copy I received in OP.

I got mine today too, and was surprised it came minty fresh like your pic in a box only about the size of 3 of them stacked, with an air cushion. Not the way oversized box or bag I was expecting. Doesn't even sound like the disc is loose in mine, but didn't open it to check.

bread's done
Back