I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned before so please ignore it if its old news.
There is a way to see actual pictures of the item you're considering buying before you actually checkout. Normally you can do this for their regular product listings, but as far as I can tell there isn't for the Deal of the Day items. You'll need to be comfortable looking at the source code of web pages to do this.
1. Add the item to your cart.
2. Go to your cart and use your browsers developer tools to view source.
3. You want the number value in the name attribute of the drop down that allows you to choose the shipping method (ex. 24042292).
4. Replace the number after LOT_ and before _1.jpg in this URL with that number: http://www.cowboom.c..._24042292_1.jpg
5. You can change the number before .jpg to see other images.