Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
2928 replies to this topic

#391 ToadKirby

ToadKirby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

you will never see a vita cheaper then 139 on these type of deals the CHEAP deals come on days when everything on the game page

That is what I originally thought, (have stalked this thread for a while) but I have only just heard of the cart trick today. I figured that was what I was missing. Is there a way to do the cart trick on a non deal-of-the-day sale?

#392 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Have grade 7 3ds (black) w/charger in cart that I'm releasing to help people out (I already own a 3ds).

BUT look at these pics to see what looks like the infamous imprint :3ds:

http://images.cowboo..._24114330_1.jpg
http://images.cowboo..._24114330_2.jpg
http://images.cowboo..._24114330_3.jpg

I was looking for a psp (or go) and did not catch a glimpse of one all freakin day!

Edited by GundamS, 22 September 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#393 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Lost my internet and couldn't get the 3DS for $80 but I did get a "Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Game Console" for $137, "Sony PlayStation 3 120GB Slim Video Game Console" for $127 and a "Sony PlayStation PCH-1001 Vita Portable WiFi Console" for $148. All grade 5 or 6.

I might end up selling the Vita for $200 on eBay than getting a 3DS Black off CowBoom for $113. I already had a Vita and sold it b/c of the lack of games and features. It looks like not much is coming out still that I truly want so I'm still getting a 3DS. I really want Super Mario 3D Land and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D so a 3DS is a must for me right now.

Great day and can't wait for another videogame console deal day. I managed to get both my brothers their Christmas gifts extremely early and myself a 3DS (technically). Now time to get my other sisters, mom, grandma, etc. their gifts too.

THANK YOU COWBOOM!

#394 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Lost my internet and couldn't get the 3DS for $80 but I did get a "Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Game Console" for $137, "Sony PlayStation 3 120GB Slim Video Game Console" for $127 and a "Sony PlayStation PCH-1001 Vita Portable WiFi Console" for $148. All grade 5 or 6.

I might end up selling the Vita for $200 on eBay than getting a 3DS Black off CowBoom for $113. I already had a Vita and sold it b/c of the lack of games and features. It looks like not much is coming out still that I truly want so I'm still getting a 3DS. I really want Super Mario 3D Land and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D so a 3DS is a must for me right now.

Great day and can't wait for another videogame console deal day. I managed to get both my brothers their Christmas gifts extremely early and myself a 3DS (technically). Now time to get my other sisters, mom, grandma, etc. their gifts too.

THANK YOU COWBOOM!

good luck getting 200 out of your vita.. you will need it

RED WII for 61 too bad it does not come with the games and scratched all to hell
WOOOO I STINK

#395 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Have grade 7 3ds (black) w/charger in cart that I'm releasing to help people out (I already own a 3ds).

BUT look at these pics to see what looks like the infamous imprint :3ds:

http://images.cowboo..._24114330_1.jpg
http://images.cowboo..._24114330_2.jpg
http://images.cowboo..._24114330_3.jpg

I was looking for a psp (or go) and did not catch a glimpse of one all freakin day!

That's what the screen on my 3DS I got from Cowboom looks like. You can only see it on mine when the 3D is turned all the way up. It is under warranty so I might see if I can send it in.
If its free, its for me!!

#396 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

good luck getting 200 out of your vita.. you will need it

RED WII for 61 too bad it does not come with the games and scratched all to hell

I sold my last vita for 200 so I think i can sell another for tht same price

i ended up canceling it for a $117 3DS

#397 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

PS2 Slim $43.00 Grade 6

http://www.cowboom.com/product/96237

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#398 zenmechanic

zenmechanic

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hopefully it'll help you guys out on the next Console sale:

I figured out how to check the stock on Deal of the Day items. I'm probably not the first to figure this out, but it's worth sharing.

'http://www.cowboom.c...no=1&contentID='

You can find out the product sku for each item by checking the image link of the product showing up as the most current deal of the day. It is listed right after DT_ on the file name. Example: 'http://images.cowboo...T_1151459_2.jpg' would be the 8gb Nook that's for sale right now. 'http://www.cowboom.c...ntentID=1151459' will show you how many are available for that particular deal and the conditions for each.

Now the prices shown in this list do not reflect the daily deal discount, but you *can* add all of them to your cart without any per item restrictions. This can prompt the next deal of the day to pop up on the front page or allow easier access to the other hidden discounted items.

I've yet to see the elusive $60 vita. Soon though.

#399 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

My grade 5 3DS Black came in today in perfect condition. My 360 S and PS3 Slim also came in but I haven't opened it yet.

Only paid $120 for the 3DS and glad I did. There is a ding on the box and I hate the stickers on it from CowBoom but its in great shape and I haven't noticed anything bad with it.

Will be buying more consoles from CowBoom in the future.

#400 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

I picked up a grade 6 red Wii with EVERYTHING included for 100 after tax. Pretty excited so hopefully the condition doesn't disappoint.

#401 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

My grade 5 3DS Black came in today in perfect condition. My 360 S and PS3 Slim also came in but I haven't opened it yet.

Only paid $120 for the 3DS and glad I did. There is a ding on the box and I hate the stickers on it from CowBoom but its in great shape and I haven't noticed anything bad with it.

Will be buying more consoles from CowBoom in the future.

Just a quick tip for the 3DS. After setting up your 3DS account, check out the Nintendo store and under the options select the download history tab. Your 3DS may have games purchased from the previous owner or even better it may have the ambassador status and the free games that go along with it.

I got lucky because one of the 3DS consoles I picked up from cowboom had about $30 worth of digital content on it. Another 3DS I picked up from cowboom didn't have anything so it is hit or miss but it's worth checking up on. And if the console does have content to download make sure you don't format the console memory because it will wipe out any purchased content linked to the system.

I was in the same boat as you (sold my vita because of the lack of games that interested me). I'm really glad I picked up a 3DS, so far I am loving the console.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#402 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Just a quick tip for the 3DS. After setting up your 3DS account, check out the Nintendo store and under the options select the download history tab. Your 3DS may have games purchased from the previous owner or even better it may have the ambassador status and the free games that go along with it.

I got lucky because one of the 3DS consoles I picked up from cowboom had about $30 worth of digital content on it. Another 3DS I picked up from cowboom didn't have anything so it is hit or miss but it's worth checking up on. And if the console does have content to download make sure you don't format the console memory because it will wipe out any purchased content linked to the system.

I was in the same boat as you (sold my vita because of the lack of games that interested me). I'm really glad I picked up a 3DS, so far I am loving the console.

Doesn't look like it. Looks like it was a Christmas gift that never got used too much (judging by 4 things downloaded on Christmas and those are the only downloads). Oh well.

I am happy I sold my Vita though. The 3DS just seems more complete and has more (I know, it came out first but in this day and age, that is no excuse to not even have a notepad app) to offer.

I'm playing Super Mario 3D Land now and will try to get to playing Kingdom Hearts 3D and Legend of Zelda: OoT too.

#403 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

Wow, just opened the PS3 and it seems to be used but its in perfect condition and might have been brought recently (FW 4.21). The 360 S though is in perfect condition but appears to be brand new. The stickers are still on it and the controller indicating that it is brand new.

Both consoles were grade 5 and are brand new! Yep, amazed!

Cost me $137 for the 360 S 250GB and $129 for the PS3 120GB. All in all, great buy and worth every cent. My brothers are going to have a great Christmas.

EDIT: Ok, I looked at the PS3 a bit more and it does have some minor stretches on it. Some small unnoticeable dings too. You can barely see them and its still in great condition. I didn't get a DualShock 3 like I was suppose too, instead I got a Sixasix so going to contact customer support about it. The 360 is still brand new though and has no issues at all. Same with the 3DS. The PS3 is the only console that has some minor stretches.

EDIT 2: Maybe I should test everything before jump to conclusion but the PS3 won't play any disk. I can't even insert the disk into the console itself. I'm going to return and hopefully get something more to go with it.

Edited by Yigytugd, 02 October 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#404 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Dammit I want a Vita.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#405 jl_rival

jl_rival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

This might be a little late but here goes, my 320gb playstation 3 came in on friday which cost me $150 after tax, I turn it on to test everything was ok and what I found out that the controller was defective! :-x So on saturday, I called cowboom's customer service and explain the guy on the phone about the controller and then the guy said all he can do is give me a refund on the controller, so he told me that he'll refund $40 back and I can use that to buy a new one! Easy as that, no more question after that! So basically the playstation 3 cost me $110! I love cowboom's customer service! :D
P.S. I also bought a 3G/Wifi Vita from cowboom and it came on the same day as the playstation, I opened the vita box and everything was like brand new, even smelled new! Love cowboom!
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/JL%20Mafia/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#406 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Just wanted to report about my 3DS. It was graded a 6. The console itself is in fine shape, the screens are fine, bright, vibrant. The hinge is a little loose, but not even for me to get irritated at it. I do have one question though. I notice the 3D screen, it seems to shift it's backlight often and it can sometimes throw off the scale of the game. Is that a problem with the 3DS or am I just doing it wrong?

The only gripe I have is the stylus looks like it might have been chewed on, but I have others, so no big deal there. I tried a couple of games on it, and so far it's awesome.

I even got lucky and whoever had it before me downloaded games onto the system, so the history still shows them. Pretty stoked on that!

#407 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

My 3DS from cowboom had the top screen imprint issue. I called Nintendo and it was under warranty so I sent it in. I just got it back and they put a new top screen in, plus extended the warranty for 1 year from today. Really surprised to see my repair report on old school dot matrix print with the "zippers" on the side of the paper.

#408 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

My 3DS from cowboom had the top screen imprint issue. I called Nintendo and it was under warranty so I sent it in. I just got it back and they put a new top screen in, plus extended the warranty for 1 year from today. Really surprised to see my repair report on old school dot matrix print with the "zippers" on the side of the paper.

Not trying to be dumb, but two questions:

1) How do I know if I'm under warranty?

2) What's the "top screen imprint issue"? Did my description make you think it?

#409 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm assuming you can go on nintendo's website and enter in the serial number to see if the warrenty is still in effect.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#410 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I feel a lot better now that all these grade 5's and 6's are in really good shape. I just ordered a grade 7 3g vita. Only one they had with that grade. In notes it said overall good condition. Don't know if this is posted but in promo code if your order is over 150 add cowboom10 for $10 off.

#411 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

2) What's the "top screen imprint issue"? Did my description make you think it?

The imprint issue is where the raised ridge around the bottom screen makes lines on the top screen when the system is closed.

#412 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I feel a lot better now that all these grade 5's and 6's are in really good shape. I just ordered a grade 7 3g vita. Only one they had with that grade. In notes it said overall good condition. Don't know if this is posted but in promo code if your order is over 150 add cowboom10 for $10 off.

I've bought 10+ items from here in the past two years and and to be fair, the grading system is off. You could get a 5 and it might be in better shape than a 7. Nonetheless, since 7s are pretty far and between, it's more than likely in great shape especially if you were able to see a picture of it.

#413 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I ordered a grade 6 DS Lite a couple of weeks ago for $40 plus shipping and it looks and plays great.

ach.png

#414 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Wow, just opened the PS3 and it seems to be used but its in perfect condition and might have been brought recently (FW 4.21). The 360 S though is in perfect condition but appears to be brand new. The stickers are still on it and the controller indicating that it is brand new.

Both consoles were grade 5 and are brand new! Yep, amazed!

Cost me $137 for the 360 S 250GB and $129 for the PS3 120GB. All in all, great buy and worth every cent. My brothers are going to have a great Christmas.

EDIT: Ok, I looked at the PS3 a bit more and it does have some minor stretches on it. Some small unnoticeable dings too. You can barely see them and its still in great condition. I didn't get a DualShock 3 like I was suppose too, instead I got a Sixasix so going to contact customer support about it. The 360 is still brand new though and has no issues at all. Same with the 3DS. The PS3 is the only console that has some minor stretches.

EDIT 2: Maybe I should test everything before jump to conclusion but the PS3 won't play any disk. I can't even insert the disk into the console itself. I'm going to return and hopefully get something more to go with it.

Any chance there's a disc already in it?

ach.png

#415 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

The imprint issue is where the raised ridge around the bottom screen makes lines on the top screen when the system is closed.

I'm assuming you can go on nintendo's website and enter in the serial number to see if the warrenty is still in effect.

Thanks both for the answers. Sorry, I just don't know a lot about all these new systems I guess haha.

#416 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I called nintendo and gave them the serial number and was told it was still under warranty. then started the rma and had a prepaid ups slip emailed to me. they paid shipping both ways.

#417 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I called nintendo and gave them the serial number and was told it was still under warranty. then started the rma and had a prepaid ups slip emailed to me. they paid shipping both ways.

They don't ask for a reciept of original purchase right?

#418 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

They don't ask for a reciept of original purchase right?

they didn't when I called. must be that it had been made in the last year.

#419 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I've bought 10+ items from here in the past two years and and to be fair, the grading system is off. You could get a 5 and it might be in better shape than a 7. Nonetheless, since 7s are pretty far and between, it's more than likely in great shape especially if you were able to see a picture of it.

I actually just got my grade 5 360 and it was brand new. Still had the stickers on it too.

I will continue to just get grade 5's and up since they are in great condition.

Also just some advice for others, if the console has notes in it, than it might not be worth getting. Try to get one without notes since those are in better condition.

#420 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Any chance there's a disc already in it?

I checked to see if a disk was in there and there doesn't seem to be. It's hard to see but I can't see any disk in it.

I'll just return it and go through the hassle of going through the refund process, buying the same item (with same missing parts, model number, etc.), and than being issued another refund for the difference of my original purchase price.

Luckily its a Christmas gift so I can wait a while.