Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3900 replies to this topic

#421 ohram

ohram

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Just a quick tip for the 3DS. After setting up your 3DS account, check out the Nintendo store and under the options select the download history tab. Your 3DS may have games purchased from the previous owner or even better it may have the ambassador status and the free games that go along with it.

I got lucky because one of the 3DS consoles I picked up from cowboom had about $30 worth of digital content on it. Another 3DS I picked up from cowboom didn't have anything so it is hit or miss but it's worth checking up on. And if the console does have content to download make sure you don't format the console memory because it will wipe out any purchased content linked to the system.

I was in the same boat as you (sold my vita because of the lack of games that interested me). I'm really glad I picked up a 3DS, so far I am loving the console.

Haha, thanks for posting this. I just logged onto the store on the $50 purple 3DS I got and there was still $20 in the system's wallet.
:twoguns:

#422 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

I predict Cowboom is getting antsy about those billions upon billions of $100.99 Cosmo Black 3DSs they have stock piled. $39.99 and I bite: http://www.cowboom.com/product/793563

They have a number of red ones, too: http://www.cowboom.com/product/896657

I want this purple one: http://www.cowboom.com/product/1225755

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#423 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

I predict Cowboom is getting antsy about those billions upon billions of $100.99 Cosmo Black 3DSs they have stock piled. $39.99 and I bite: http://www.cowboom.com/product/793563

mostly 81

there is no reason to drop them below 89 bucks for the xmas

they will have one or two more video game days and clear them all out at 79 bucks just like the last few times
WOOOO I STINK

#424 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Does anyone know if I can use a best buy gift cards to pay

#425 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

No you can't. It's a BestBuy brand but its not directly BestBuy. Just use those BestBuy gift cards, go to BestBuy and buy a Visa (most likely a $5 charge).

#426 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

I know we're all cheap but $40 and you'll get one. Good luck sir. I just got my 3DS for $120 (it was $112 but tax) and I'm loving it. Got Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Legend of Zelda: OoT (all for about $40 from deals).

Seriously, just get it when it eventually drops to $80. I've seen the purple and red 3DS go down to $80 too within the last month and than go back to $90 - $110.

It's definitely worth the money at those prices. It's not like the Vita that doesn't have much games out or coming. (not saying it doesn't have good games but there are reasons why I sold mine even though I got it at launch).

#427 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

I didn't notice the option, but I could be wrong. You could always try going to the checkout screen and finding out.

#428 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I know we're all cheap but $40 and you'll get one. Good luck sir. I just got my 3DS for $120 (it was $112 but tax) and I'm loving it. Got Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Legend of Zelda: OoT (all for about $40 from deals).

Seriously, just get it when it eventually drops to $80. I've seen the purple and red 3DS go down to $80 too within the last month and than go back to $90 - $110.

It's definitely worth the money at those prices. It's not like the Vita that doesn't have much games out or coming. (not saying it doesn't have good games but there are reasons why I sold mine even though I got it at launch).

I have to agree with you. I'm glad I bought it and sold my DS lite. The games are still there, my DS games don't have to sit(though my GBA ones do) and what I have played is at least decent quality. Resident Evil: Revalations looks as good, if not better than some games on my 360, Kingdom Hearts is about what I remeber, and OoT is just amazing to look at with updated graphics and such. I don't even like Zelda that much(blasphemy, I know), but I think I've already logged more hours on this then my DS. It even had games the previous owner had bought, which was really awesome. I got a 32 gb stick for 18 bucks that worked and now I'm waiting for the supposed free games that are going to be released for it.

#429 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I know we're all cheap but $40 and you'll get one. Good luck ma'am. I just got my 3DS for $120 (it was $112 but tax) and I'm loving it. Got Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Legend of Zelda: OoT (all for about $40 from deals).

Lol. Girl please. There's no way in hell that I'm paying $100 anything for a used 3DS. Maybe an XL version, but not a regular version. Especially when people have gotten them for $39.99, $49.99 from them.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#430 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Lol. Girl please. There's no way in hell that I'm paying $100 anything for a used 3DS. Maybe an XL version, but not a regular version. Especially when people have gotten them for $39.99, $49.99 from them.

if you take that reason then you can say im not paying 20 bucks for a game when someone got it for a penny on amazon when the penny games were alive

very few people got them for 50... lowest normal price is like 80
WOOOO I STINK

#431 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

looks like console are on sale again. Saw some grade 5 red n blue 3ds for $80, and one grade 7 cosmo black 3ds for $90. Vitas 140, 160gb ps3 130

#432 247

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Have $50 dsi xl in my cart grade 5, good deal? Need another system to trade pokemons.

#433 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Have $50 dsi xl in my cart grade 5, good deal? Need another system to trade pokemons.

good deal imo considering regular dsis cost the same. you are probably not gonna find it cheaper than that price.

#434 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Just got another PS3 120GB for $127. I returned my last PS3 that I brought since I could not put games into it (not sure what's wrong with it). It just got back to LA 2 days ago and I'm waiting for my refund. Though they were going to allow me to price match, I figured I'd just buy it now for the same price and save the extra time to ship it.

Hopefully I get my refund soon but either way, I should be getting another PS3 by the end of next week.

#435 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

yea i just grabbed one... for 58 bucks i did a 1 year warranty on it just in case it was dead when it gets here I just need something to spend 4000 dsi points on and figure i spent 32 bucks on the points so

blew like 26 bucks on the system..... when i get the system i figure i can get 25 bucks out of it easy next year

Heres fingers crossed it has one or both things

some download games i can transfer or some dsi shop cash on it but doubtful either

i got an 85 (after tax 3ds) not worth it to risk to see if its just has download games on it
WOOOO I STINK

#436 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

3ds flame red for 79.99. Too bad there isn't a single game I want for 3ds. Hoping for a sub $100 PS3 so I can have a second one to be dedicated to my PS 3d display.

#437 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Can't get ps3 to show up...

#438 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

3ds flame red for 79.99. Too bad there isn't a single game I want for 3ds. Hoping for a sub $100 PS3 so I can have a second one to be dedicated to my PS 3d display.

The lowest PS3 is the 120GB for $120. The rest are $130 and up. I think I did see a Phat 40GB for $110 but not sure.

#439 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

People have randomly got them for that price. I'm sure only a handful (literal) of people in America got it for that price.

You're going to be waiting a long time for that price. And they won't start selling the XL till maybe the middle of next year if you're lucky.

The 3DS can be found now on the gaming flash sale for $80 (Blue or Red). You're better off getting it for that price than waiting those months in order to get lucky at getting one for $40.

#440 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

People have randomly got them for that price. I'm sure only a handful (literal) of people in America got it for that price.

You're going to be waiting a long time for that price. And they won't start selling the XL till maybe the middle of next year if you're lucky.

The 3DS can be found now on the gaming flash sale for $80 (Blue or Red). You're better off getting it for that price than waiting those months in order to get lucky at getting one for $40.

Nah. If anything, more retailers will have the $99 price for Black Friday, seeing as how the 3DS XL is out. I'd pay $99, new. Not paying $80, used.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309012

#441 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Any coupon codes?

#442 Keero

Keero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

bought a xbox 4gb w/ kinect for $99, also seen 40gb ps3's for $99

#443 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Nah. If anything, more retailers will have the $99 price for Black Friday, seeing as how the 3DS XL is out. I'd pay $99, new. Not paying $80, used.

HEB is a food chain in Mexico and Texas, the fact that anyone was able to pricematch that is just luck.

No "major" retailer is going to sell deals for the 3DS apart from bundling it with games and maybe a memory stick. Even if its out for Black Friday for that price (which it won't be), why buy it than when you can get it now for $80 - $100 on CowBoom.

And just b/c its used doesn't mean anything. I brought my 3DS from CowBoom and it was literally brand new. No problems with it at all and it came in its original box.

But if you're willing to wait and see if it'll be $100 for Black Friday than be my guess. But just judging from the last 2 years Black Friday deals, portable consoles only get gift cards and 1 or 2 games added to them. Only consoles get holiday or Black Friday bundles that actually save money. It's still cheaper on CowBoom though.

Notice that pricematching at both Walmart and BestBuy have changed. Walmart requires you to have the ad if they don't already have it. BestBuy will only price match if the item is in stock at that store and its within a certain distance to the store.

#444 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

HEB is a food chain in Mexico and Texas, the fact that anyone was able to pricematch that is just luck.

No "major" retailer is going to sell deals for the 3DS apart from bundling it with games and maybe a memory stick. Even if its out for Black Friday for that price (which it won't be), why buy it than when you can get it now for $80 - $100 on CowBoom.

I brought my 3DS from CowBoom and it was literally brand new. No problems with it at all and it came in its original box.

But if you're willing to wait and see if it'll be $100 for Black Friday than be my guess. But just judging from the last 2 years Black Friday deals, portable consoles only get gift cards and 1 or 2 games added to them. Only consoles get holiday or Black Friday bundles that actually save money. It's still cheaper on CowBoom though.

Lol @ my little "$39.99 and I bite" comment turning into some type of debate that's going to end with these final 3 responses.:lol:

1. "And just b/c its used doesn't mean anything."

Um. My 3G/Wifi Vita was bought used from Cowboom for just under $70(tax and shipping included). Obviously, I wouldn't mind a used 3ds at a price I'd pay.

2."No "major" retailer is going to sell deals for the 3DS"
"But just judging from the last 2 years Black Friday deals"

Um. The 3ds XL is out, so we shall see.

3."But if you're willing to wait and see if it'll be $100 for Black Friday"

Yup. No big deal to me, either way. Not going to pay $80used when I 'could' get it for $100new. Already have handheld consoles. So, I am set.:)

#445 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Lol @ my little "$39.99 and I bite" comment turning into some type of debate that's going to end with these final 3 responses.:lol:

1. "And just b/c its used doesn't mean anything."

Um. My 3G/Wifi Vita was bought used from Cowboom for just under $70(tax and shipping included). Obviously, I wouldn't mind a used 3ds at a price I'd pay.

2."No "major" retailer is going to sell deals for the 3DS"
"But just judging from the last 2 years Black Friday deals"

Um. The 3ds XL is out, so we shall see.

3."But if you're willing to wait and see if it'll be $100 for Black Friday"

Yup. No big deal to me, either way. Not going to pay $80used when I 'could' get it for $100new. Already have handheld consoles. So, I am set.:)

Well yeah just saying... and debates = my love:bouncy:

But a few more things... The 3DS XL may be out but that doesn't mean there will be different deals for them. Same thing happened when the PSP-3000 and PSPgo was out, both had similar deals that was often just gift cards.

If it is $100 at a nationwide retailer, than, than, that would be short of amazing and I expect even more chaos than those found for the PS3 / 360 holiday bundles last year.

As long as we all get a deal though, I see no issue with that.

#446 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

LOL sorry but you will not see the even if the DSI XL is 99 new i would still take it for 63 with a 2 year replacement plan

i think a 99 dsi xl would never happen this xmas maybe next spring but a 99 buck DSI XL would kill the 3ds xl in a second..

hey honey we can buy our kids 1 3ds XL and they share for 200 or we can buy 2 DSI XLS for the same price many would do the dsis
WOOOO I STINK

#447 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

cant get anything else to pop up now
WOOOO I STINK

#448 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Was going to hold out for a really cheap vita for the little brother,

but 139 was the going rate for all that I saw.

89.99 for the 3ds, 119. for an 80gb ps3, and all those damned dsi's for 50.

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

My Tradelist

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#449 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Was going to hold out for a really cheap vita for the little brother,

but 139 was the going rate for all that I saw.

89.99 for the 3ds, 119. for an 80gb ps3, and all those damned dsi's for 50.

going to try to reach CS

you can NOT ADD A warranty on after you buy it.... so i had to play and play and play with it until i got the DSI xl to pop back up at 50...

got a black DSI XL for 63 with a 2 year warranty

now to cancel the brown DSI XL with a 1 year warranty for 58....

anyone know do they pay for shipping back or do i have to pay for shipping back if they dont want it

i might just wait for both to show and then keep the better one or even dump one on ebay
WOOOO I STINK

#450 BlockheadBrown

BlockheadBrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

bought a xbox 4gb w/ kinect for $99

This is the deal I've been looking for. I saw something close to it yesterday. I'm going to try again today.