Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3893 replies to this topic

#811 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

im happy for you man... my vita and 3ds will arrive next thursday and both are grade 6 so im not worry anymore about the condition :D

My 3DS I got during one of their DotD sales, and I still snagged a 6 and the only issue I have is the loose hinge, which from what I understand is a common issue, and it doesn't hinder my enjoyment at all, since, you know, I can still play games and I don't flail about while doing so haha.

#812 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

This is gonna be a really stupid question but how are you guys getting anything to show up for the DOTD

All I'm getting is a 9" DVD Player every single time

#813 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

This is gonna be a really stupid question but how are you guys getting anything to show up for the DOTD

All I'm getting is a 9" DVD Player every single time

Consoles only show up on a day they are having a console flash sale. Usually once every 2-3 weeks.

#814 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Consoles only show up on a day they are having a console flash sale. Usually once every 2-3 weeks.

Ahh thanks, I'm used to fast moving threads so I wasn't paying attention to when posts were being made lol

#815 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

My grade 5 3DS XL came today. It came in the original box and I thought for a moment how it would be cool if it was grade 5 because the box was a little dinged up. Turns out I was right. The 3DS XL itself is flawless. :bouncy:

#816 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

My grade 5 3DS XL came today. It came in the original box and I thought for a moment how it would be cool if it was grade 5 because the box was a little dinged up. Turns out I was right. The 3DS XL itself is flawless. :bouncy:

Odd, your 5 had a box but my 6 didnt, just the 3ds and charger. The unit itself was perfect.
If its free, its for me!!

#817 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Thinking of grabbing a 250gb Xbox 360 Slim for $170ish with tax to replace my original Xbox 360 Pro. My current 360 works but the disc tray has been jacked up for over a year, sometimes it won't open, sometime's it opens and then closes, sometimes closes and then opens. I usually have to put my hand in front of the disc tray to keep it from ejecting itself automatically and then the 360 reads the discs, lol.

Then again I feel like I'm wasting money because it does work but I keep having this feeling it's going to die anytime but I've been thinking that for nearly two years now.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#818 BuffyOfTheDead

BuffyOfTheDead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Thinking of grabbing a 250gb Xbox 360 Slim for $170ish with tax to replace my original Xbox 360 Pro. My current 360 works but the disc tray has been jacked up for over a year, sometimes it won't open, sometime's it opens and then closes, sometimes closes and then opens. I usually have to put my hand in front of the disc tray to keep it from ejecting itself automatically and then the 360 reads the discs, lol.

Then again I feel like I'm wasting money because it does work but I keep having this feeling it's going to die anytime but I've been thinking that for nearly two years now.

I know exactly how you feel. My PS3 works fine but it's running low on space. I know I could replace the hard drive instead of buying a new one, but there are some things that you can't switch over (Singstar videos for example). And there's also a risk of me messing something up and losing everything. It seems easier to just buy a new PS3 and use them both, but it also seems like a waste of money when I have a perfectly good PS3 and could just delete some things off of it. D:

In your case, though, at least your Xbox does have something wrong with it, so I wouldn't consider it a waste of money as much as I would me buying a new PS3. LOL

#819 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

I know exactly how you feel. My PS3 works fine but it's running low on space. I know I could replace the hard drive instead of buying a new one, but there are some things that you can't switch over (Singstar videos for example). And there's also a risk of me messing something up and losing everything. It seems easier to just buy a new PS3 and use them both, but it also seems like a waste of money when I have a perfectly good PS3 and could just delete some things off of it. D:

In your case, though, at least your Xbox does have something wrong with it, so I wouldn't consider it a waste of money as much as I would me buying a new PS3. LOL

About a month ago I bought a 1TB drive off Newegg to replace my 320gb PS3. It was VERY easy. Just need a USB drive with the PS3 firmware and a screwdriver.

It get's a bit more complicated if you want to back up all your downloads though. I didn't do that, I just had my saves backed up to PS+ and on a USB drive just in case.

I'd suggest doing it instead of buying a new PS3. It really is super easy. That's what I did the first time, lol. I had a 160gb PS3 and then traded it for a 320gb and then realized I was going to need more.

Here's the video that I watched and convinced me that I wouldn't screw it up, lol. -

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#820 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Odd, your 5 had a box but my 6 didnt, just the 3ds and charger. The unit itself was perfect.

Their grading is a little inconsistent, to say the least. I got a grade 6 3ds that was in immaculate condition for $75. I even got to download the previous owner's game, which was a nice plus because it was the only game I wanted from the eshop. (Zelda for GBC).

#821 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Went ahead and bit and ordered me a Xbox 360 S 250gb for $173.35 after taxes. Graded a 6.
Will report back when it arrives.

komentra.png card.png

#822 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I like how they have like 10 Uncharted 3 ps3 bundles, thats crazy to me. and they are all 199.99
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#823 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Anyone have any luck with the desktops on here? I love the consoles I've gotten from them, but I just would like a desktop, and there's a couple that are cheap(I'm looking for one that can play decent looking games now I can upgrade in the future), just wondering if anyone has tried ordering them before.

#824 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I had a cowboom address error. I contacted their live chat as I didn't see a phone number for customer service (always a bad sign).

The rep I got was very rude, informed me that they couldn't do anything about the address, even though the item was still in their facilities and that it'd be a $13 return charge and another $7 charge if I still wanted the item. Then she proceeded to disconnect the chat with me when I still had a few questions.

After reconnecting the chat, she told me she had already given me her answer. I was pretty shocked at that level of customer service.

Needless to say, I think I'm done with cow turd.

#825 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I had a cowboom address error. I contacted their live chat as I didn't see a phone number for customer service (always a bad sign).

The rep I got was very rude, informed me that they couldn't do anything about the address, even though the item was still in their facilities and that it'd be a $13 return charge and another $7 charge if I still wanted the item. Then she proceeded to disconnect the chat with me when I still had a few questions.

After reconnecting the chat, she told me she had already given me her answer. I was pretty shocked at that level of customer service.

Needless to say, I think I'm done with cow turd.

That's disappointing to hear. I guess I'm just glad that I haven't had an issue with their products yet.

#826 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

That's disappointing to hear. I guess I'm just glad that I haven't had an issue with their products yet.

actually, it is pretty common issue when it comes to cowbooms customer service. if you actually search around, you can see his complaints are pretty common, when it comes to cowbooms poor customer service. cowboom is not exactly like amazon, when it comes to customer service

#827 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

actually, it is pretty common issue when it comes to cowbooms customer service. if you actually search around, you can see his complaints are pretty common, when it comes to cowbooms poor customer service. cowboom is not exactly like amazon, when it comes to customer service

Oh, I understand that, it's more I get disappointed anytime I hear about bad customer service. The company I work for we pride ourselves on CS(I don't work in it, but I know the people out there do their best to make every customer happy), and when I see other larger companies get away with just piss poor caring towards the customer, well, it's a bummer.

#828 kingchaos

kingchaos

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I got my Grade 5 130 dollar Vita today. It looks brand new, no scratches or scuffs like it said in the description. Runs well and everything!

#829 Crash55118

Crash55118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Although not strictly gaming, got an Xperia Play for 60 and change during the holiday promo, and it just showed up in mint condition, despite being a Grade 4.

#830 NeverGrewUp

NeverGrewUp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Im going to count myself as a lucky one who has received several products and the worse thing is exterior scuffing. Ive been pretty picky and tend to only look for grade 5's and 6's.

Ive ordered two different blu ray players
a 350gb ps3
a ps vita wifi only
a 64gb ipad 2 that was in mint condition even though it said grade 4, it was a daily deal for nearly half off so i had to jump

#831 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I got my Grade 5 130 dollar Vita today. It looks brand new, no scratches or scuffs like it said in the description. Runs well and everything!

Same here

#832 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

i got my grade 6 3ds and vita... a have to say that both are in mint condition!... no problems at all... another happy costumer here... =)
Solo Quiero - Omar Garibay (Aztlan Cloud) Listen on Soundcloud.com

#833 Malibu_Barbie

Malibu_Barbie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I got my grade 4 vita today with an 8 gb card. The vita doesn't have a mark on it other than a few finger prints that cleaned right off. All the cables, papers, etc.... even the 8 gb card were new and sealed.

#834 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I ordered a Wii and it showed up today. Great shape, included a motion plus remote, which was a surprise because I could have sworn it said it was just a regular one. Already got it setup to be region free so I can finally order Disaster Day of Crisis and Pandora's Tower :D.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#835 200STM

200STM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

oh my I hope my Ps Vita is amazing as yours.

#836 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I received a Grade 5 Vita I bought during the flash sale that was advertised to only be missing the owner's manual. It is also missing the memory card as well though it seems. The scratches on the screen are also pretty bad. A few are so deep that the screen gets all discolored in those areas. Hope I don't have too much trouble getting either a replacement or a refund. Pretty bad first experience. :(

#837 Gamergurl00

Gamergurl00

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I got my grade 4 vita today with an 8 gb card. The vita doesn't have a mark on it other than a few finger prints that cleaned right off. All the cables, papers, etc.... even the 8 gb card were new and sealed.

What was listed in the notes section if anything? I'm very interested in this website but a little hesitant on the quality of the items.

#838 Malibu_Barbie

Malibu_Barbie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

What was listed in the notes section if anything? I'm very interested in this website but a little hesitant on the quality of the items.

The only things mentioned in the notes section were "Shows signs of use" and that it came with an 8 gb card. From the pictures I could tell that the components were all still in their original wrapping and that the vita was in good condition.

#839 ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Tempting to finally nab a Vita...
Gamertag for... everything: ismegamanthere

#840 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I received a Grade 5 Vita I bought during the flash sale that was advertised to only be missing the owner's manual. It is also missing the memory card as well though it seems. The scratches on the screen are also pretty bad. A few are so deep that the screen gets all discolored in those areas. Hope I don't have too much trouble getting either a replacement or a refund. Pretty bad first experience. :(

That's disappointing, mine was the same grade, I just made sure to get mine with as much of the items as I could and it even came with the manual which is said it was missing. I hope it works out for you

Tempting to finally nab a Vita...

I'd recommend it for the most part. Just check the items it says it comes with. Mine came in great shape with no issues and in just about a week. I don't know when they'll do a flash sale again or run a coupon code, but even 140 for one isn't that bad if you ask me.