Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
4512 replies to this topic

#1081 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Are the 3ds XL still coming back in stock? Or was that just some flash sale that is over now?

And, Id prefer the red / black model. But if theres a chance for the blue / black to have MK7 pre installed id rather go for that, anyone know if it would be possible to get a MK7 3ds?

And, does anyone know how bad a Grade 4 really is? Id like a 5 or 6, not sure if Id want to buy a 4.

they go in and out of stock constantly, prices vary pretty wildly too. $120 to $160 if you see one you have to jump because whichever one you are looking at is the only one so it can be sold while you are checking out.

#1082 NeverGrewUp

NeverGrewUp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

they go in and out of stock constantly, prices vary pretty wildly too. $120 to $160 if you see one you have to jump because whichever one you are looking at is the only one so it can be sold while you are checking out.

Is this correct? I have tested personally several times that once I get an item in my cart, it's mine for a set amount of time, I've actually gone back to the page and seen that cow boom removes it from the catalog.

My advice is to add to cart if you're up in the air about buying. If you can get one in your cart then take those 5 minutes to decide if you want it

#1083 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

You are correct NeverGrewUp. Same thing had happened to me a few times.

#1084 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I just removed a $119.99 red/black 3DS XL (grade 6, no SD card) from my cart, and it appears to still be available if anyone is looking.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1320001

#1085 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I just removed a $119.99 red/black 3DS XL (grade 6, no SD card) from my cart, and it appears to still be available if anyone is looking.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1320001

Awesome I got it. Thank you so much for posting and letting me know!!

Woooo!! I never saw the 3ds XL's in the video game console category. Ive been looking at least 20 times a day.

#1086 CaptainZombie

CaptainZombie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

yes it was. and if you use your xbox a lot, then definitely upgrade to the slim any way you can

I'm primarily a PS3 and PC gamer and was looking at the $99 60gb 360 w/ HDMI. There are only a few titles I want to play on the 360 and would just install the games I want to play, do you guys think these are ok for the price. I also have a $5 off coupon to use since I don't see any other deals going on right now. I have a wired connection coming to this side of the room so I'm not worried about being wireless. Any thoughts?

#1087 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1312344

That's a good price for a NEO GEO. Don't see grade 7 anything very often.

I'm primarily a PS3 and PC gamer and was looking at the $99 60gb 360 w/ HDMI. There are only a few titles I want to play on the 360 and would just install the games I want to play, do you guys think these are ok for the price. I also have a $5 off coupon to use since I don't see any other deals going on right now. I have a wired connection coming to this side of the room so I'm not worried about being wireless. Any thoughts?

I would just buy a new, damaged packaging 4GB slim from Warehouse Deals for $110ish. New is worth the difference.

#1088 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1312344

That's a good price for a NEO GEO. Don't see grade 7 anything very often.

I would just buy a new, damaged packaging 4GB slim from Warehouse Deals for $110ish. New is worth the difference.

i buy one at 80
WOOOO I STINK

#1089 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

They just stocked two 3ds XL, Added both to cart and am releasing them now.

Red Grade 5 Only includes console and stylus.

Blue Grade 6 Includes all but SD card.

Edit: Released now. I almost want to cancel my red order and reorder the blue one for a (small) chance of getting mario kart 7 pre installed on it. But chances are so low, Ill just stick with what I have. I wanted the red color anyways.
Edit3: All were grabbed. So fast! Curious, did anyone here buy these?

#1090 sloftus12

sloftus12

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

They just stocked two 3ds XL, Added both to cart and am releasing them now.

Red Grade 5 Only includes console and stylus.

Blue Grade 6 Includes all but SD card.

Edit: Released now. I almost want to cancel my red order and reorder the blue one for a (small) chance of getting mario kart 7 pre installed on it. But chances are so low, Ill just stick with what I have. I wanted the red color anyways.
Edit3: All were grabbed. So fast! Curious, did anyone here buy these?

What were the prices on them? I feel like I am doing something wrong as I have been checking for a week several times a day, but have yet to see one live in the wild.

#1091 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

$119.99

Ive been looking for several days, I always looked just in the nintendo category and never saw them once.

The trick is to watch these links:
Red: http://www.cowboom.com/product/1320001
Blue: http://www.cowboom.com/product/1193097

They dont seem to show up in the nintendo category.

#1092 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

If you buy a used 3DS XL, can you still register it..? Do you have to buy a separate registration code if you do?

#1093 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update. It's my first purchase on cowboom. Anyway, just got my zelda 3ds in the mail today. The site said grade 5 with minor use/scratches.

Mines came in with no scratches at all. Looks brand new. The only thing I see is on the upper 3d screen, there is a 1inch line on the right hand side that looks like multi bright colors (yellow/ pink,etc.). I tested it and all the buttons work and the console looks flawless. I really cant complain since I got it for $102. I was wondering, if I call cowboom and explain this, would they offer a small discount? I heard that they sometimes offer a small discount or give the customer to return item for refund.

Would the line get any bigger later on? Should I be worried about the line? Does it mean that the 3d screen may fail alter down the road?

#1094 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sounds like some dead pixels. It shouldn't grow, but it can mean a sign of the console top screen dying at any point.

xivpads.png

#1095 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update. It's my first purchase on cowboom. Anyway, just got my zelda 3ds in the mail today. The site said grade 5 with minor use/scratches.

Mines came in with no scratches at all. Looks brand new. The only thing I see is on the upper 3d screen, there is a 1inch line on the right hand side that looks like multi bright colors (yellow/ pink,etc.). I tested it and all the buttons work and the console looks flawless. I really cant complain since I got it for $102. I was wondering, if I call cowboom and explain this, would they offer a small discount? I heard that they sometimes offer a small discount or give the customer to return item for refund.

Would the line get any bigger later on? Should I be worried about the line? Does it mean that the 3d screen may fail alter down the road?

Call Nintendo to see if it's still under warranty. The 3DS I got from Cowboom had the top screen imprint issue and Nintendo fixed it w/o any issue.
If its free, its for me!!

#1096 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

So tempted on that Neo Geo..

#1097 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Both 3ds XL red and blue in stock @ 120

#1098 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Both 3ds XL red and blue in stock @ 120

I see 3 blues at that price but red is 160.

xivpads.png

#1099 hall31

hall31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Are the 3ds XL still coming back in stock? Or was that just some flash sale that is over now?

And, Id prefer the red / black model. But if theres a chance for the blue / black to have MK7 pre installed id rather go for that, anyone know if it would be possible to get a MK7 3ds?

And, does anyone know how bad a Grade 4 really is? Id like a 5 or 6, not sure if Id want to buy a 4.

You should be fine with a 4 if the pictures look good. I purchased a grade 4 PS Vita a couple of weeks ago that CowBoom listed with "Significant Scuffs and Scratches". Pulled the trigger because the pictures showed it being in near perfect condition and it also included everything minus the owners manual. When it came in, not a scratch on the unit and it looked new. Hope that helps.

#1100 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Call Nintendo to see if it's still under warranty. The 3DS I got from Cowboom had the top screen imprint issue and Nintendo fixed it w/o any issue.

I found out it is still under warranty. they said until march 2013. im not sure if the 3ds is registered or not, but if i register it, does it get 3 90 days on top?
they said if it cant be repaired, that they maybe have to give me a brand new one. should i be worried? i explain that i wanted the same console zelda back. they said they will try to attempted to fix, but incase if it cant, that is the last resort. anyone done this can leave feedback?
i alro request to be send to hq in washington.

#1101 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

You should be fine with a 4 if the pictures look good. I purchased a grade 4 PS Vita a couple of weeks ago that CowBoom listed with "Significant Scuffs and Scratches". Pulled the trigger because the pictures showed it being in near perfect condition and it also included everything minus the owners manual. When it came in, not a scratch on the unit and it looked new. Hope that helps.

I agree. I got a grade 5 3ds and it looks flawless, but the upper screen has a bright multi color line (pink, yellw,etc mix). Is this called a dead pixel??
And can nintendo fix it? I asked because its a limited edition Zelda 3ds

#1102 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I just recieved my grade 5 blue/black 3DS. The 3DS is in perfect condition. It did have a sticker stain/mark that I easily removed with a microfiber cloth. Best of all it came with Mario Kart 7! No sd card, but the 16gb card I bought is more than enough :).

I'm keeping an eye on the Vita and PS3 systems on Cowboom. My first experience has been very good.

#1103 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Why is the 3g version of the Vita cheaper? Doesn't it have wi-fi as well? Thus, even without using the 3g, you've still got the same thing as the wi-fi version? What am I missing?

#1104 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I agree. I got a grade 5 3ds and it looks flawless, but the upper screen has a bright multi color line (pink, yellw,etc mix). Is this called a dead pixel??

nintendo probaly could fix it BUT it will cost like 90
WOOOO I STINK

#1105 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

nintendo probaly could fix it BUT it will cost like 90

it's under warranty.

#1106 melee54

melee54

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Does the "notify me when this product is back in stock" thing actually work for the 3DS's? Or should I monitor the links like a hawk?

#1107 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

It's never notified me when something came back in stock, although I've only tried using it for the red 3DS XLs, which aren't even normally listed (as you have to use the direct link to see them).

#1108 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

When I got the Zelda 3DS (new) the home button wouldn't work. I couldn't exchange it because they were sold out everywhere. The process for Nintendo to fix it was very simple and they sent me back the same (fixed) 3DS without a scratch on it. All for free. It was very painless.

#1109 melee54

melee54

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Interesting. Guess I'll keep refreshing. I remember back when the wii launched, there was an RSS program that notified you as soon as the stock went live on certain websites. Wonder if there's something similar for this. Otherwise I guess I'm just refreshing every few minutes.

#1110 zealous reaper

zealous reaper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

There's a bunch of blue/black grade 6 $130 3DS XL's up right now with everything but SD card.

I got my 3DS XL yesterday, and it was flawless. The only problem was that the AC Adapter wasn't there. I contacted Cowboom via live chat, and was told that it was a problem with their warehouse. I was given the option of returning it for a full refund, or keeping it how it is and getting a $25 refund. I chose the $25 refund and got an adapter from Gamestop from $10.