Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
3304 replies to this topic

#1261 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Cowboom is the most frustrating site ever lol. Prices are decent (msrp is awful, especially for vita). But usually come missing things, and the description uses the word "dents"' AND its pre-E3 which means these could be new prices in half a year.

Gah. When good deals piss me off, it's time to go to bed.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1262 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Got my grade 5 Vita in today.
Perfect condition, came complete with even the Manual (Wasn't advertised as such)

That 2/2 for Cowboom for me. Both my vita & 3DS have come in in basically perfect condition

#1263 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Wish I could get a 3DS XL, have they been restocking them on the site at all?

#1264 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

They have, but they go quickly. High demand and whatnot. I saw a red XL last night but it was grade 5, missing everything but the stylus, and $130.

A good tip is to bookmark the product pages; by the time a high-demand product is re-indexed for search it might already be sold out again.

#1265 fcakira

fcakira

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Got my refund today for the Vita. Easy return process. Just wish Sony had a warranty process like Nintendo. Now back on the hunt for a Vita!

#1266 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the tip; I found on the product page itself (found via Google instead of the site's built-in search, and got a blue/black 6-rated one for 129. Hopefully that turns out ok :/

#1267 krizko

krizko

Ace Degenerate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

There's a handful of RED/BLACK 3DS XL in stock right now. All seem to be Grade 6 and up, and one even includes the Club Nintendo pin.

NINTENDO 3DS XL RED/BLACK

#1268 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Got my refund today for the Vita. Easy return process. Just wish Sony had a warranty process like Nintendo. Now back on the hunt for a Vita!

what you mean by that
WOOOO I STINK

#1269 hazzmos

hazzmos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Is there a standard time that stock is updated each day, or is it always at random times throughout the day?

#1270 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Cowboom can take forever. Took them 4 days to ship my order.

In the 5th day since I ordered now, still shows as "pending". Of course, two of those days were the weekend, but still. I'd complain about it more, except Amazon is doing the same thing to me (first time Amazon has taken more than a day to stick something I ordered on a truck).

#1271 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

In the 5th day since I ordered now, still shows as "pending". Of course, two of those days were the weekend, but still. I'd complain about it more, except Amazon is doing the same thing to me (first time Amazon has taken more than a day to stick something I ordered on a truck).

I've placed three Cowboom orders and on all 3 have received my ship notice a business day after I placed my order (usually at night). Shipping appears to take 3-5 days on average for me. Definitely not Amazon Prime fast, but pretty much in line with just about any other on line purchase I make.

#1272 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Funny, Amazon did the same thing to me last week! Maybe there's just some sort of shipping problem.

Update on my missing game: Cowboom gave me a $20 refund. Totally awesome of them!

#1273 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I do not understand the pricing on Cowboom. Their prices for Xbox 360 systems are way too high. I only paid $150 for a new Xbox 360 slim and they are asking more than that for used systems without hard drives.

#1274 CandyCaptain

CandyCaptain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I do not understand the pricing on Cowboom. Their prices for Xbox 360 systems are way too high. I only paid $150 for a new Xbox 360 slim and they are asking more than that for used systems without hard drives.

Their pricing gets a bit goofy sometimes. Like for instance there was a time when 3G vitas were cheaper then wifi models (Both with no frills.). Though when you start to look at the different models for the ps3 and the 360 then it's starts to get really messed up sometimes, it's just how it is.

#1275 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

The prices are crazy sometimes, but just need to keep an eye on it when it hits gold.

#1276 Agent Hero

Agent Hero

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Wish I could get a 3DS XL, have they been restocking them on the site at all?

I got mine (and have seen other XL's) on a weekend morning. Usually around 6 or 7 am US Eastern Time.

#1277 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Geniuses... I just got done speaking with their customer service. Where they tried to cancel my order and refund me multiple times because they didn't like the way my shipping address looks and wanted me to re-order with a shipping address that matched my billing address. Of course, my shipping address already matched my billing address, as it is simply my address, and I don't have any other address to offer. And what my billing address has to do with anything at this point I have not the slightest clue. My card has already been charged. Not authorized, a true charge, it's on "last month's" statement now.

I got told to stop using bad language after the third time of her saying she was going to cancel the order and I went off. That did not have the result she wanted... She might have learned some new words at that point.

It better be one fine looking piece of equipment, because I'm returning anything that isn't complete perfection.

#1278 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Might be looking for an XL this weekend then.

#1279 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I got told to stop using bad language after the third time of her saying she was going to cancel the order and I went off. That did not have the result she wanted... She might have learned some new words at that point.

It better be one fine looking piece of equipment, because I'm returning anything that isn't complete perfection.

:roll:

I'm not saying that she is the brightest or the best CS rep you could have gotten, but sometimes they are at the mercy of what the system is telling them and they are just relaying that back to you. If you don't like what you are hearing, ask to speak to her supervisor or manager, but cussing her out isn't going to get you anywhere. It's not that serious, and definitely not worth bullying someone over the phone.

#1280 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

:roll:

I'm not saying that she is the brightest or the best CS rep you could have gotten, but sometimes they are at the mercy of what the system is telling them and they are just relaying that back to you. If you don't like what you are hearing, ask to speak to her supervisor or manager, but cussing her out isn't going to get you anywhere. It's not that serious, and definitely not worth bullying someone over the phone.

I said "have a nice day" at the end... :)

I agree, generally. I try to treat the front-line folks decently. But my tolerance of sheer stupidity has limits. Here is how the conversation went:
"It was put on hold because of your address needing to be verified."
"That's my address."
"Well, I can cancel it and refund your money and you can re-order it with your billing address."
"That's my billing address."
"Then I can cancel it and refund your money and you can re-order it so that your shipping address and billing address match."
"That's my shipping address, that's my billing address, that's my address. If you cancel it and I re-order it, I'm going to use the same address, because that's my address."
"Ok, I'm going to cancel it and refund your money and you can re-order it with the correct address."
"What the ever loving Fuck is wrong with you?!?"
"Don't use that kind of language."
";lskadjf;lkahsdo;lahd;flknzx;lckvj;laskdjf;lkajsd;lmznxc;lvkjhaopsdkfjpoaksjdf;lkj... better? Ship it to the address I put in."

#1281 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sounds like she really deserved it :roll:
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1282 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm looking at getting a 2nd Vita for my Japanese PSN account, but all I see are Grade 4's. The pictures are too small to get a good idea of condition.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#1283 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm looking at getting a 2nd Vita for my Japanese PSN account, but all I see are Grade 4's. The pictures are too small to get a good idea of condition.

Ctrl and +

Obv can be fuzzy but best option available

#1284 jaydude84

jaydude84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

They have, but they go quickly. High demand and whatnot. I saw a red XL last night but it was grade 5, missing everything but the stylus, and $130.

A good tip is to bookmark the product pages; by the time a high-demand product is re-indexed for search it might already be sold out again.

I think i might have gotten that or it popped right after. Got a grade 6 red/black with stylus and charger with nothing else for 142 after tax. Granted, I didn't really need the manuel or collector's pin as I doubt anyone else is getting it. I have enough Sd cards that I can just use one of those to replace the missing 4gb.

#1285 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

I think i might have gotten that or it popped right after. Got a grade 6 red/black with stylus and charger with nothing else for 142 after tax. Granted, I didn't really need the manuel or collector's pin as I doubt anyone else is getting it. I have enough Sd cards that I can just use one of those to replace the missing 4gb.

for what its worth, mine came with all the papework even though it was listed as missing. no nintendo code or ar cards though

#1286 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

I see a couple of Grade 5 Vitas with no Notes on them... should I assume that it's in pretty good condition with minimal scratches/damage?
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#1287 Airdar

Airdar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

There is a nintendo promo where if you buy Pokemon Gate to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion and get a free 3DS game. Is there anything stoping us from just borrowing/renting the game to grab the free game?

#1288 CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Bought a Grade 6 3DS. I hope it looks good. Can't see any XL so just went for the original one.

#1289 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I HIGHLY recommend a matte/anti-glare screen protector for the Vita!!! Those fingerprints! Bleh!:-#

Got mine for cheap on eBay. Don't remember how much. Like 2 for $2 or something.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1290 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

There is a nintendo promo where if you buy Pokemon Gate to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion and get a free 3DS game. Is there anything stoping us from just borrowing/renting the game to grab the free game?

you have to register the game with the nintendo club pin to get the free one, the 3DS XL also has to be registered after feb 14th i believe