Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Cowboom Console Deals

• Please log in to reply
2943 replies to this topic

#1441 Techno Jellyfish

Techno Jellyfish

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Bought a PS3 Infamous bundle two weeks ago, level 5 with all but a few cables, came with all the games and dlc codes working, box looked gnarly but the PlayStation itself looked brand new and everything works fantastic. Amazing deals here.

#1442 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Hey, I see all these great prices for the Vita handhhelds...and just want some short reviews of the systems.

ya know, cons and pros.

#1443 domon

domon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hey, I see all these great prices for the Vita handhhelds...and just want some short reviews of the systems.

ya know, cons and pros.

This is relevant to my interests.

#1444 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

1101 is the 3G model, while 1001 is the Wi-Fi only model. They might as well be identical, though. The white ones are equivalent to 1001s.

#1445 dustdingo

dustdingo

Resident Dingo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

ya know, cons and pros.

I received a grade 5 complete minus the memory card. With the exception of a TINY scratch on the screen(never seen when in use, barely seen when off) and a VERY tiny ding on the bottom(only found it because I was looking,) it was pretty much mint condition. Loved it so much that I just bought a 3DS XL from them. Came yesterday, it was flawless.

AND, to boot, the XL was pre-loaded with Mario Sticker Star and Mario Tennis. Win!

Click here to see how you TOO can get a PS3 for free!

Posted Image

[thread=183508]My Trade List![/thread]

#1446 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

ya know, cons and pros.

Pros and cons of Cowboom...

Pro: Cheaper than you're going to find it anywhere else, they seem to be very fair in their assessment ratings of the items, and you can imagine cows exploding every time you go to their website.

Con: It's used, which means no warranty coverage, it might be missing items (it will tell you in the description, so it won't be a surprise), and it might have some signs of use (see the pro above, you should have a good idea of what you're getting if you read the description).

Pros and cons of Vita...

Pro: It's the best handheld you can currently get. The graphics are incredible. It has enough horsepower to handle the games properly. If you have PS+, you get a fair sampling of "free" games to play.

Con: The memory cards are outrageously, unconscionably expensive, and they are required to be able to do anything other than say "oooh, pretty" and turn it back off. Be sure you know this cost, it is unavoidable. It uses a proprietary USB cable, so if you want a spare you can't grab one at the dollar store. It still has a pretty limited game library, but that gets better with every new game release. And the games are pricey unless you are a true CAG and just catch the deals (PS+ also helps).

#1447 bigmit37

bigmit37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Where are you guys seeing the descriptions and ratings on the condition of the console?
I seem to only see "cut and paste" description of the system(i.e. what the system is and what it does) and not the condition.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to create an account?

#1448 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Where are you guys seeing the descriptions and ratings on the condition of the console?
I seem to only see "cut and paste" description of the system(i.e. what the system is and what it does) and not the condition.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to create an account?

Posted Image

#1449 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, once you get to the item page you have to click 'Choose Best Available' and pick out a specific console.

#1450 goeagles5039

goeagles5039

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I just recieved my 3DS XL today. It was a grade 5 but had no games installed on it. I am contemplating selling it and buying a new one at Target. What should I do?

#1451 Vinsanity

Vinsanity

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I got a Vita from Cowboom a couple of weeks ago, Grade 5, and it is basically in perfect condition. I can't find a single scratch or flaw on it. The only thing is that it didnt come with any cables, but luckily my local Sears had the Vita AC adapter and USB cable on clearance for $2.97.

#1452 bigmit37

bigmit37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

Is this for auction items only? As I seem to not get this info for items under the tab "store items".

Thanks for the image and reply.

#1453 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Is this for auction items only? As I seem to not get this info for items under the tab "store items".

Thanks for the image and reply.

When you click "Choose the best available" you should see this.

#1454 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Got a Gamecube-BC Grade 5 Wii for $60. Yeah, I know they've been cheaper but I just got Xenoblade and I couldn't wait.

System was fine except a very odd problem... the system instantly turned off when you inserted an SD card. I thought I would have to return it... but after a minute of troubleshooting and a toothpick, I managed to produce a nickel that was wedged ABOVE the SD slot in the system somehow. It works fine now. I'm pleased.

#1455 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

damn

strongly considering getting a ps3 holiday bundle for $170 but i should probably just put that towards a ps4

i only really wanna play demons souls and GTAV

Hand__Of__God.png

#1456 Isamu

Isamu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yea I think I'm going to jump on a wifi vita as soon as I see a 5

just hope sony doesn't pull a here is the new vita thing at e3 >.<

Edit: would a 4 be worth getting ?? And is the Ext warranty worth it?

#1457 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Just put in an order for a 60GB PS3 grade 5. I already own the slim but always wanted a full BC PS3.

How do you guys feel about a warranty on this particular system?

#1458 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Just put in an order for a 60GB PS3 grade 5. I already own the slim but always wanted a full BC PS3.

How do you guys feel about a warranty on this particular system?

Get it, the 60gb are a bit of a time bomb. If you turn it on and can run it for a few hours without issues, I'd recommend looking up some videos on reapplying thermal paste to the heat sinks, you can get it done in an hour and it really does help.

#1459 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

Check who the warranty is provided by (I forget the name) and then Google for some comments on that company. May influence your decision.

#1460 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Got a Gamecube-BC Grade 5 Wii for $60. Yeah, I know they've been cheaper but I just got Xenoblade and I couldn't wait.

System was fine except a very odd problem... the system instantly turned off when you inserted an SD card. I thought I would have to return it... but after a minute of troubleshooting and a toothpick, I managed to produce a nickel that was wedged ABOVE the SD slot in the system somehow. It works fine now. I'm pleased.

Not to mention $0.05 richer :D

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#1461 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Got my brother a PS3 Super Slim 250GB for $148.XX.

Got it yesterday. Checked it out today. Everything looks brand spanking new. My brother will be excited for it.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1462 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well, for the first time I'm disappointed in a Cowboom order. Got my super-slim PS3, and it works well, but it didn't include the controller, manuals, or the USB cable for the controller. I'm contacting them about it but I doubt there's much they'll do short of a full return, and if I do that I can't get the item at the same price since the promo's over.

#1463 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Well, for the first time I'm disappointed in a Cowboom order. Got my super-slim PS3, and it works well, but it didn't include the controller, manuals, or the USB cable for the controller. I'm contacting them about it but I doubt there's much they'll do short of a full return, and if I do that I can't get the item at the same price since the promo's over.

did the description say they were included?

Hand__Of__God.png

#1464 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

So has anyone bought a grade 4 or lower Vita? How was it?

#1465 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

did the description say they were included?

Yeah, that's what bugged me about it. I made sure I chose one that wasn't missing anything, but sometime after shipping they always seem to remove the part about what accessories are included from the order history page so it's harder to prove.

#1466 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, that's what bugged me about it. I made sure I chose one that wasn't missing anything, but sometime after shipping they always seem to remove the part about what accessories are included from the order history page so it's harder to prove.

seems kinda shady, i'd probably return it as that shit isn't cheap

Hand__Of__God.png

#1467 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Well that's the problem; I ordered it because there was a $30 promo code that brought it down to $140 and tax, and now that code's expired. So either I suck it up and buy a used DS3 bringing my total to somewhere between $175-180, or I send it back, which'll take at least a week via UPS Ground, wait for a refund, order another one at $170 and tax (bringing it to $180.40), and wait a week for that to get here, hoping I get a controller this time. Overall I gain nothing and lose two weeks or more of my life.

Probably just gonna toss this one up for sale and include the wired controller I've still got lying around; I should make at least a few bucks of a profit and put it towards a hackable slim now that there's a decent way to play PS2 ISOs on any hackable PS3.

#1468 mikeumd

mikeumd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

flash deals are back up
just picked up
Nintendo CTRSBAAA 3DS Hand-held System- Aqua Blue
Condition: Pre-owned
Included: Nintendo Ctrsbaaa 3ds - Aqua Blue, Ac Charger, Charging Cradle, 6 Ar Cards, Owners Manual
Not Included: Stylus, 2 Gb Sd Memory Card
Product Grade: 4 - Significant scratches or scuffs
$84.79 not bad at all

#1469 CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Got a Grade 4 DSi only missing stylus and manual for 34.99

#1470 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Flash sale on consoles is going on again.